• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

If you could alter one thing....

in a Pkmn game, what would it be? It can be an addition, subtraction, or a simple alteration.

I would make it so you could make you're own character. You know, have some different options for hair, clothes, etc. I HATE the Pearl Male Sprite, and I wish I could make the game more like me!

I like Arceus' idea.

Umm, If I could altar something, I definately would put the "cutsomize your own character" feature.
I would also include something called a "jukebox" where you could uplaod all your mp3's to the game so you don't get board of the music :p

I think I would alter the age of the character but I guess that would fall in the realm of trainer customizing wouldn't it? I know the trainer is supposed to be ten but I would rather play as an older character. It's probably wishful thnking though.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I highly doubt this is the best answer I could give, but off the top of my head... I'd add an upgraded Elite 4 rechallenge into D/P (ala. FR/LG) - possibly after completing certain objectives on the post-E4 island. On the same note, I'd also shove in a Gym Leader rechallenge option just to spice things up a bit.

The Gym Leader thing I don't really mind either way, but I honestly had been hoping to see a second, tougher E4 line-up in D/P. They took so many other great ideas from previous games, so why not that one too?

I would let you be able to change a character's clothes.

Also, what is 100% unfair is that when they translated the D/P game they took out the Darkria glitch- what where they THINKING?! They made it so if you wanted Darkria and other ledgendaries, you'd cheat... they're really endorsing AR even though they said they're against it, which is sad. :-\

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Also, what is 100% unfair is that when they translated the D/P game they took out the Darkria glitch- what where they THINKING?!

They were thinking it was better to patch a bad bug up than let people destroy their games. Some people were messing the glitch up and ruining their save files for it, so it was kinda the smart thing to do on their part :p

Has anybody noticed that if you use the Action Replay 'Walk Anywhere' code, and you walk in the trees, the bar comes down and says 'Mystery Zone'? They have a name for the places you're not supposed to go? Why would they do that? And there are lakes that are hidden until you walk through trees, and if you go behind the counter in the Pokemon Center and inspect the copy machine, it says that it's jammed with paper... Why give detail to things you're not supposed to see? I'd take that away.

They were thinking it was better to patch a bad bug up than let people destroy their games.

Yeah, but some people didn't destroy their games and have Darkrai and Shaymin. Now, those of us who don't have the Japanese games and can't travel halfway across the globe just to go to a Nintendo Event have to either hack or give up.

I also wish there was the option of Gyms or Contests, and then the contests can be more spread out, like Roby. I hate the one place thing. It's boring.

I hate to beat that gym to get to that place to use that move.
Becouse you need to beat that Gym to get to use that move to get to the next gym.
That is anoying. And the game should have more varity of "Normal" people.
They are all alike. And you should be able to choose more diffrent playable character's...

Since Gender differences were introduced, I don't see why there can't be other variations. Rare sprite variations, much like a Pikachu with scruffled fur on its head or perhaps a Zangoose with a scar would be interesting. Or maybe even Alpha Male and Alpha Female Variations. Like say an Alpha Male/Female Lapras having slightly larger horns.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I probably want some LESS evolutions that require stones, and probably some MORE involving happiness or level-up. And Froslass was a no-no. We did NOT need a female evolution or Snorunt.

I'd make Nidoran Male and Nidoran Female a single species. Aside from maintaining the current number of Pokemon, I see no reason to keep them separate species. It just makes it harder to breed the male line. When they introduced Pokemon gender, and then sexual dimorphism, I thought, "Hey, maybe they'll make Nidoran one species this time." But no. They're still different creatures. They have Pokemon that evolve according to gender now, and Pokemon with multiple evolved forms, so why not?

Most likely because Nidoran female has a registered Pokedex number. Losing that measn they'll have to redo the entire list by 1, it'd probably piss off all the geeks who memorized their nationl Dex numbers by heart. XP

Agreed about the Nidoran thing, with the varied gender evolution im sure its possible.

I would probably add player customization and work on secret bases again :D

If I could alter one thing, I'd completely rework the GTS. It's so annoying when you go on there and whatever you see, it's going to be, lv. 35 Sunflora for a lvl. 100 mew. Or, for example, a high levelled Dialga or Palkia. I like to keep my trades REASONABLE - for example I put up a lvl 55 Rhyperior for a lvl 60 Lucario.

So, the change would be that you CANNOT trade level 100 pokemon, and trades involving legendary pokemon should be reasonable. I know I'm going to possibly get replies like "OMGZORZ how u gonna do dat?". Well, I don't know how they'd do it. But in a nutshell, just change the GTS!

[/rant]

I'd like an apprenticeship added to the game. Where you can train to become a gym leader and eventually Elite Four. Or even better, add in the chance to join Team Rocket/Aqua/Magma/Galactic. It would be a much different experience and would attract more serious gamers.

First and probaly most useful thought, Make more types weak to Poison other than Grass and More types weak to Steel. And give Ice-types another resitance.

Make it that Gyms and the E4 have a different set of Pokemon once you face them again.

And add more regions and stuff into a Game. And restrict Pokemon till you get a new Badge.

More storage space in the PCs is also nice.

Make all the TMs accesible in one game.

Customization would be nice too. And the ability to choose your own path.

Mostly game mechanics and other random junk. But all of it adds up.

I would add more sprites to the games and female sprites to those that only have male sprites so girls could play as girls and look the way they want to.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, but some people didn't destroy their games and have Darkrai and Shaymin. Now, those of us who don't have the Japanese games and can't travel halfway across the globe just to go to a Nintendo Event have to either hack or give up.

A bad bug is still a bad bug. Besides, aside from the mass amounts of people who'd frelled up their saves and were complaining publically about it, they probably didn't want people exploiting the glitch to begin with. The legendary obtainability issues are moot for the game creators because it's always been this way and they LIKE it that way. Hell, they MADE it that way. So yeah... It was still the smart thing to do on their part, no matter what way you paint it.

What you should be saying is "I'd make it so unobtainable legendary giveaways never existed and all Legendary Pokemon were obtainable somehow within the games", because isn't that what you're really annoyed about? :p

I would take out the bike music because it has annoyed me in EVERY generation. FireRed and LeafGreen bike music was the worst. And in D/P there is often times no "going off the route" because of the gates or building to enter some of the cities. Speaking of which those should say bye bye as well.

I would definetely go with the customization thing
and it would be awesome if you had to go through every region including Fiore and Orre, you also would have to become a pokemon and such.
It would also be cooler if pokemon could learn, like six attacks, seriously, I think four attacks are not enough,
I also think that the GTS should be changed (not exactlay like stated previously by Psylark) wouldn't it be cool to be able to search for shinies? or maybe to just simply offer up a pokemon and choose the best offer that is given, but if you wanted to you could still ask for a certain pokemon. (you can look at the stats the OT, the attcks and pretty much everything else)
I think that every pokemon should be obtainable within the game. Some other cool feature could be, for example, letting out a pokemon so it can follow you (like in yellow) or maybe having more than one save file/being able to change characters and being able to save the customized ones. There sounld also be a distintion between pokemon when you are surfing, I mean really, in ruby and sapphire it always look a wailmer or whatever.
hmm...I think that about covers what I think

Maybe a more simplified, in-game way of checking a pokemon for IV's and help with EVs etc. I feel they are as much a neccasary part of poke as say, breeding is!
:]

I don't know about EVs but at least they could give us a clue on what the Pokemon's personality was like. Perhaps in the middle or prior to the battle a statement would briefly discern its personality. Like maybe, "this Pokemon is eager to fight." or "This Pokemon didn't notice your attack."

I would change it to so you can choose what your trainer can sometimes do. Like one time, I was standing in a life and death situation (not really) and my trainer charges right in there like a friggin' idiot. And I'm screaming: "NO you IDIOT!!! Go back! Your pokemon aren't even level 40 yet! No, you dumb***!!" I really wanted to say that last comment.

I'd like to change the trainer's appearance, too, but I'd prefer giving the pokemon actual personalities. e____e I was pretty happy to see the "It likes to doze off" "It collects things" when I first started playing DP, but when it turned out that they just told you the highest stat of that particular pokemon... I was a little disappointed. They don't do anything. >_>

I'd also like more male/female differences and more east/west ones. I'm glad that not all pokemon look alike now. x3

Or I'd like to change the villains. The "steal the legendary and take over the world!!" plot is really old. I really liked having Giovanni's son as your rival in GSC. I'd also like to see your rival be a bumbling idiot like the one in DP, but have them become bored with being 'good' and try to be evil and mess it all up. x3

I don't think it was ever stated that your rival in GSC was Giovanni's son.

Something I would add to the game is the ability to switch what PokeBall your Pokemon are in. I'd put some restrictions on it, of course, so that you still can't reuse that Master Ball once you've thrown it. Maybe it destroys the old ball, or perhaps you can only do it if both balls contain Pokemon. Seals are nice, but I still think it'd be more fitting if my shiny Tentacruel was in a Net Ball rather than a Great Ball.

I'd also make the female trainer and male trainer siblings. I mean, neither choice changes what your parents look like in the game, so they wind up having the same parents anyway if the unchosen trainer becomes an NPC. It's just odd, if you think about it.

In the manga, Silver was Giovanni's son, so yeah. That's why.

Back on topic, I would like more designs for your character. I think it would be cool to have a cooltrainer design (bad pun, I know) but it would add variety to the game.

I would like the ability to upload MP3's to your DS....at least so you won't get tired of the damn bike music. Sheesh......play something like "Can't Touch This". I dunno. And there are many reasons a cutomize-able character would be cool. You could switch the age from 10- whatever age you are...and the character would get older every year on your birthday...a tad taller too....ANd I agree with Gardevoir Master with the whole PokeBall thing. I hate that my Lopunny is in a Heal Ball and I had to catch my Snover with an UltraBall!!! Grrr.... And it would be cool if you could go to every region including Fiorre and Orre. That's like I stated in the Johto Remake topic. Except you added on something...becoming a Pokemon...It's like bringing all the games (and a season of the anime (Orange Islands(note...all regions!))) And your rival turning evil is an awesome idea.

Anyway...onto my idea.

I'd make the fights and contests like the are in the anime. (You know, the Pokemon are hopping all over the place.) Not just "Your move..my move.." That's just plain annoying. I'd also make it where you could meet ALL the Legendaries in one game...(Celebi, Jirachi, etc.)

I would alter the music that play when it's nighttime in some places. In some cities and on some routes the night music sounds cool i.e. the music outside of the Pokemon league in Sinnoh and the music on the route where the sandstorm blows. But other times it just sounds really tired like in Sunyshore.

Grrr...I had something else and now I can't remember what I was going to say! Don't you hate it when that happens?

When I was younger, my friends and I talked about a Pokemon game in which you could join Team Rocket, so I think that would be interesting =] Or at least in the games you could have the option to join them and then work up the ranks to an admin or something like that.

what i would change would be trainer sprites (customization) and change your age.
Something I would add to the game is the ability to switch what Poke-Ball your Pokemon are in.
i agree i hate the fact my darkrai is in a master ball i want it in a dusk ball, or my starter in and ultra ball.
more than one save fill is a good idea as well someone said that earlier
also being able to reface people and he get new Pokemon and ALL get stronger,
and again i agree with Gardevoir Master[quote author=Gardevoir Master link=topic=3438.msg44376#msg44376 date=1200262383]
I'd also make the female trainer and male trainer siblings. I mean, neither choice changes what your parents look like in the game, so they wind up having the same parents anyway if the unchosen trainer becomes an NPC. It's just odd, if you think about it.
[/quote]

HAH!

I remember what is was now! Remember back in the Gameboy Color days when all the Mystery Gift function involved was having two Gameboys face each other and press A to get a gift? I want to see that make a comeback. It was so cool wondering what gift you were going to get. I was always hoping to get one of the beds.

More GTS filters. For the love of all that is good in the world, MORE GTS FILTERS!! I gave up on actively searching for anything the first time I saw it, so now I just trade away Cyndaquil one by one ("bring me... A SHRUBBERY!" "..." "Ok, fine, just get me a Combee.") Such a shame, because if the filter options were better, the GTS would probably be ridiculously popular, instead of just having a lot of potential.

Music choices and character customization are narrowly behind my love of the Secret Base. And Mystery Gift was fun! I would be all for getting that back.

Stop the frickn' god Pokemon!!! >:(

Anyone think that Arceus is an unfair advantage in general, hacked or not? To be honest, I bet almost 3/4 of 'Charms would love to see the Godly Pokemon striped of 1-hit KO stats, moves, etc.

I would also change the characters so that they are customizable. Am I the only one who goes to battle a friend and you look like you have an evil twin? o.O I HATE that beyond belief. If you could customize them just a little bit, I wouldn't have 10 billion evil brothers.

AL has Spoken!
... Now the real one has Spoken.
*POOF!*

More GTS filters. For the love of all that is good in the world, MORE GTS FILTERS!! I gave up on actively searching for anything the first time I saw it, so now I just trade away Cyndaquil one by one ("bring me... A SHRUBBERY!" "..." "Ok, fine, just get me a Combee.") Such a shame, because if the filter options were better, the GTS would probably be ridiculously popular, instead of just having a lot of potential.

I did a similar thing with the GTS by constantly putting up starter pok