• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS I need help with a move set fit for a king.. Slowking.

I have been in love with Slowking and its power ever since I got my eyes and hands on one. However, I'm at a loss when it comes to making a move set for him. So, I'm hoping that, with the help of the clinic, I can devise a plan to make him perfect, or at least worthy, of competitive play with friends and, perhaps, online. Here was my idea:

Slowking @ ???
Modest (+Sp. Attack, -Attack) / Quiet (+Sp. Attack, -Speed) Nature
EVs: ???

When it comes to the move set, I simply get lost. There are so many perfect choices to throw in there, which is what makes the decision harder on myself. I don't even know where to start! Therefore, I am simply going to leave it to all of you to help me. I really would like for him to be a Special Attacker/Wall.

I tried out two things with slowking. Special sweeper and special wall. Here are the movesets.

Special sweeper:
Slowking w/Leftovers
Modest Nature
Own Tempo Trait
- Nasty Plot
- Surf
- Psychic/Grass Knot
- Slack Off

So you do Nasty Plot and Slack off damamge received and then sweep with the other 2 moves. A good chunk of EVs should go in HP, max Special Attack and some Defence.

Special Wall:
Slowking w/ Leftovers
Calm Nature
Own Tempo Trait
- Light Screen
- Slack Off
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Max out Special defence EVs, put a good chunk in HP and some in Special attack. From experience your slowking can survive a salamence draco meteor twice with that much Sp. def. Then you just Ice Beam it down.

Hope this helps :D