• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS I just want a second opinion on my team...

okay...so my team has 2 legendaries and I'd like to know 2 pokemon that could serve as great replacements.

This would be my current team. All pokemon are at Level 100.

I'd also like to see what moves my pokemon should learn.

Lucario
Aura sphere
Psychic
Shadowclaw
earthquake

Charizard
Blast Burn
Flamethrower
Arieal Ace
Earthquake

Abomasnow
Sheer cold
Ice beam
Energy Ball
Blizzard

Tyranitar
Stone edge
Dark pulse
dragon claw
earthquake

...and now for the pokemon that I want off my team...

Cresselia
Psychic
Toxic
Icebeam
energyball

Giratina
Shadow Force
earth power
Aura sphere
dragon pulse

so what do you think i should replace my legends with to make my team effective ,and if applicable, what moves should be taught/replaced on the non-legends whom i wish to keep.

Ok, first of all, some basics to moveset making:
1. No more than 1 attacking move of the same type on the same Pokémon. So that means no Ice Beam and Blizzard on Abomasnow, for example.
2. Hyper Beam or similar attacks are generally not good, since they leave a Pokémon *very* vulnerable when they have to recharge. OHKO moves like Sheer Cold are also not very good, since they're *very* inaccurate (unless you have Mind Reader/Lock-On...) Finally, some of the stronger-but-inaccurate moves (Blizzard, Thunder) are sometimes not good because of their inaccuracy, but there are many exceptions, like using Thunder and Rain Dance, because Rain Dance makes Thunder 100% accurate (instead of it's usual 70%)
3. Focus on one stat on each Pokémon for attacking, either Physical or Special, even if you ignore EV's and natures. So, for example, if Abomasnow has a higher Attack stat, use only Physical moves.

Ok, now that that's clear...

Lucario has a (slightly) better Special Attack stat, but it can use Physical attacks effectively too. So it can use any of these...

Lucario
- Aura Sphere
- Psychic
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse

OR

Lucario
- Close Combat
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

It really is up to you.

For Abomasnow, he has equal Attack and Special Attack, but since you seem to have taught him many Special Attacks...

Abomasnow
- Energy Ball
- Blizzard
- Two of: Focus Blast, Shadow Ball, Water Pulse

I only put Blizzard because it becomes 100% accurate in Hail, which Abomasnow makes automatically. I recommend getting rid of Ice Beam and Sheer Cold because of reasons I already stated.

I might do the other ones tomorrow... I have to go to sleep now.

Hope I helped. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Instead of Cresselia you could put Gardevoir.

Gardevoir-Modest ( I got this moveset from Carmen when she was helping me make my team
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Reflect or light screen
Shadow Ball or Safeguard

see...my Lucario is fine with it's moveset. It was ment to cover his weaknesses. As for my abomasnow. I only kept sheercold because as innacurate as it may be, my abomasnow somehow hits with it about 4 out of 5 times.

But yeah. i think I should change some of my abomasnows moves.

thank you. :)