• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

How to Train your Dragon

This is Berk, a small viking community with a very limited set of job options. If you like killing things, you can be a warrior. If you like smelling like you haven't bathed in weeks you can try fishiing, it might even be an improvement. Then there's my job, a job where I get to spend my day with amazing, tempermenntal, thick-headed fire breathers all day. Along with them, I train dragons.

So here's an idea I've been entertaining for awhile, an RP for the "How to Train Your Dragon" movie. The plot would be kind of simple, a competition between the young dragon trainers of Berk to show off their skills, with events ranging from dragon taming, to agility, to a scavenger hunt.

One of my favorite aspects from the movie was the interaction between Hiccup and Toothless. I want everyone to get to explore similar interactions between their riders and dragons, but if a person is controlling both their rider and dragon, that becomes kind of difficult. So I think I have a creative solution to the problem. Instead of just having RPers be the riders, they can decide to play as a dragon instead!

The plan is to have RPers work in pairs of one dragon and rider, having the dragon controlled by a player hopefu0lly making for a more interactive adventure.

Some ground rules for characters picking dragons:

Night furies, Bone Knappers, Screaming Death and Terrible Terrors are off limits. All other dragons from the Dragons tv show and book of dragons are fair game.

While technically all dragons are allowed, please try to keep your choices to Berk native dragons. There will be a limit of one per species of non-native dragon while dragons native to Berk will be unlimited. Dragons native to Berk are: Deadly Nadders, Zipplebacks, Monstrous Nightmares, Gronkles. Oceanic dragons such as Thunder drums and Scauldrons as well as migratory dragons such as Typhoomerangs count as well.

Finally, to prevent everyone from playing a dragon or being un-paired, you will not be able to play as a dragon unless someone before you has expressed interest in being a rider.

This would be an experiment to see if this kind of RP can even work, so fair warning to all participants, chaos may ensue. So would anyone be interested?