• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open How To Train Your Dragon RP : The Winged Land

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
In a place, known as The Winged Land, nothing is known as a human. The Winged Land is a place where dragons and only dragons roam. Huh? You want to see this Place? Well, you have to be a Dragon to do that. How about you write a character sheet of yourself as a dragon, and see this place which is full of wonders. Here we Go! To The Winged Land!

Alright, ya'll here are the rules :
1. Don't be a night fury, cause there is only one and that is Toothless. No, you can't role play as Toothless
2. You can't be an Alpha Dragon
3. No humans
4. No special abilities. USE ONLY THE ABILITIES THAT THE SPECIES OF DRAGON YOUR ROLE PLAYING AS HAS.
5. No godmodding
6. Follow the RP forum rules
7. Role play as only 1 character
8. Use only the character sheet I give you
9. You can't leave the Winged Land. If you want more interesting things in the story, then do something bad (No, not sexual content. I know some of you are dirty dirty people)
10. Have fun

Name : Skytwister
Species : Stormcutter
Colour : All his body is a silver color but has a tint of yellowish lime green on the crest of his forehead. He has a tint of yellowish lime green at the end of his four wings and the end of his tail and on his back.
Personality : Kind, Calm, Energetic, Talented, Protective, Passionate, Silly, Determined, Adventurous and Free-Spirited
Mate : None
Flying Skills : Fairly Good
Friends : None (Yet)
Dislikes : Betrayal, Stubbornness and Over-Serious Dragons

"I can do it this time, I can do it...!" He said he sped up while flying like a rocket, "Alright, now..." He said as he flew upwards and then did a Sky Dive, "Haha! I'm doing It! Now to..Whoa!" He said as he tried to fly up again but failed. He flew upwards but in an awkward way like he was wobbling on the ground, "Sigh, I still didn't fly up smoothly" He said, disappointed in himself, "Well, maybe next time" He said as he flew to the lake and got 5 Salmon. He ate the salmon hungrily, and then lied down on the ground, "Sigh, I still didn't do it, even worse, I don't even have any friends, yet" He said with a sad look on his face, "Well, I'll get some soon. That's for sure!" He said, determined

Last edited:
Name: Chamael
Species: Changewing
Colour: Just exactly like any other Changewing (mostly red with some blue details at the end of his wings and a yellow-white underbelly).
Personality: Chamael is quite calmed, and not very active, tending to be quite lazy sometimes. He prefers listening than talking, though he is quite shy too. He tries to be kind, but he gets a little bit irascible when he is under a lot of pressure.
Mate: None.
Flying Skills: Normal. Not very good, but not very bad either.
Friends: None.
Likes: Relaxing under a tree, play Hide and Seek, and watching aerobatics and other dragons fighting.
Dislikes: Though he likes watching them, he doesn't like to fight and mean dragons.

Chamael heard about the Winged Land some weeks ago. He was a little fed up with the rest of his herd, so four days ago he decided to leave them and start a new life there. He was exhausted after all that travel. He decided to rest under a tree when something caught his attention. It was a Stormcutter flying. He enjoyed a lot watching that kind of shows. He laughed a little and decided to approach the dragon. "Eh... Hello. What's your name? I'm Chamael."

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Skytwister heard someone introduce himself, "Oh, hi there! My name is Skytwister!" He introduced himself politely, "It's nice to meet you. Seems to me that you're new to The Winged Land aren't you?" He asked curiously, "Do you need someone to show you around? I can do that, I seem to know the place pretty well, if I do say so myself" He said calmly, "So? Whaddya say?" Hee asked curiously as he slowly raised his large four wings to fly in case he says Yes. He was excited. Maybe he could actually have a friend. Maybe this was a start of a new journey. He sure was excited.

"Eh...." Chamael said, a little confused. Was so much excitement normal? He didn't mind it at all, though he was more a quiet and relaxed dragon. "Well, yeah, I'm new around here, so I think a little tour around here will surely come handy, though it will take me some time to get used to it. I have a really bad orientation..." The Changewind said, politely, trying to have a good first impression. "And since you don't mind being the dragon that wants to show me these lands... Yeah, why not?" He said, spreading his wings. "When you are ready".

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"Alright! Let's go!" He said as he skyrocketed upwards and landed mid-air. He pointed at a lake, "This here, is Silhouette Lake. It's the lake where you can catch the most delicious fish, or just sit there, relax and have a good time!" He said as he landed on the lake, and caught a Brown Trout, "Not just that, but the fish here is even more fresh than any other place" He said as he gave him the Trout. He then flew to a really high mountain.

"This place is called, Aura Mountain. It's the mountain where laid back and relaxed dragons go to meditate and relax, that's why it gets its name" He said calmly, as he landed on the mountain, "Once you land here..you feel like...you're in connection....With the world..." He said as he slowly got relaxed. He then quickly snapped out of it and flew off, "Let's continue!" He said as he flew off to a forest.

"This, is Wild Forest. The place where dragons which feel wild with their hearts go hunt animals." He said calmly, "It's the place where dragons can roam free in the wild and, well, be Free! It's my favorite place in the whole Winged Land!" He said as he landed in the forest and showed him the wide and vast forest, "I mean, look at all this place! It's really awesome for free spirited dragons like me!" He said excitedly

He then flew quickly into the other side of Winged Land, "This is ...The bad part of Winged Land, it's where cruel dragons live and they hurt any dragons which come in their way" He said quietly from a safe distance. He then flew back to the beach, "Alright, the tour's done" He sad firmly, "What was your favorite place? Silhouette Lake, Aura Mountain, Wild Forest or..Dark Side of Winged Land..?" He asked curiously, "I'll say it again, my favorite place was Wild Forest" He said calmly

Last edited:
Chamael followed Skytwister. He was amazed at each new place that the Stormcutter showed him. Once he ended the tour, Chamael continued. "Well, these lands are extraordinary, I must confess." He said happily. "I'd say that Aura Mountain could be my favorite part of the island since I really like staying calm and meditating, plus I think it can be quite mysterious too... But as long as I have to try that too for more time, I'll stay, at least for the moment, with Wild Forest too. It reminds me a lot to the lands where I once lived." He said, before lying under a tree, peacefully, when his guts groaned. "Eh... Well, I think that the best option would be going to Silhouette Lake first and eat some fishes. Are you coming?"

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"Yeah, sure! I am pretty hungry too" He said calmly as he flew back to Silhouette Lake. He then started to get some fish, "Patience.." He said as two really large tuna fish jumped and Skytwister quickly caught it. He gave one to Chamael. He started to munch on his until there was nothing but bones, "Mmm, that was delicious!" He said as he licked his mouth with his large tongue, "So, whaddya wanna do now?" He asked curiously as he went to sit on a rock. I think I've finally got a friend! He thought excitedly as he smiled a warm smile and turned his attention back to Chamael.

"Oh, thanks!" Chamael said, taking the fish with his frontal left paw. He first gave a lick to the tuna to test the quality of the fish. "Yeah, this are truly better than the ones that I used to catch in the river of my old territory." Then, he took a small bite too. "Yeah, they totally taste better too." In a couple of minutes, he practically devoured the fish, leaving the bones with it. The Changewing then stood some moments in silence. "Oh, I got an idea. We could go to the Wild Forest... You like playing Hide and Seek?" He said in a joyful, yet still, naughty tone. "I mean... My species are quite good playing at it. I used to play with some of my old friends when we were still young dragons. I could try to seek you, and then, you could try to seek me. And of course, I'll go easy on you."

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"Oh, sure! I heard changewings are the best at hiding!" He exclaimed as he flew to Wild Forest and started to hide, he flew to a secret place, only he knows and nobody else knew of. He then started hiding in the darkest corner of the area and used a rock, exactly his size to put in front of him to fool Chamael, as if he was being part of the cave. He still remained unseen however. He felt as if he would win but who knows what could happen, maybe Chamael was skilled in this game as he said he had been playing it since he was young. Still, who knows.

The Changewing spread his wings and flew to Wild Forest. Chamael stood, covering his eyes with his claws and wings. "Alright, I'll count to 100." He gave Skytwister some minutes to hide, and, when he finished counting, he continued: "Ready or not, here I go!" Chamael started looking around the trees at first. "Mmmm... He's not here..." The Changewing looked to the sky. "I don't think that he would be able to hide in one of those clouds." He continued wandering around the forest, sniffing like a dog, though with no appreciable results. That was until he found a cave. With no hesitation, he entered and started to look around. "Hello?! I know you are in here..." You gotta be, at least. He thought. He analyzed each and every rock that could be used as a hiding place until he found the right one, moving it a little, with all his strengths, and saw Skytwister there. "Eh! Gotcha!" He said "I must confess that this is a good place to hide, but after so many years playing Hide and Seek with other Changewings you learn that a dragon can be found practically anywhere, including the most unexpected places, like trunks, cracks in the rocks when they are small, behind a waterfall and... Yeah, caves."

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"Well, you got me" He said as he flew back to the tree he'd count at, "I'll count to 100, you go hide" He said as he started counting and waited for Chamael to finish. He was a bit overconfident that he would win, but yet he was still determined. He then turned back his attention to counting. He was excited to be having a new friend. He still didn't get over it. Yet, he was still excited. Yet, he still turned back his attention to counting.

Chamael promised to go easy with the Stormcutter. He started to look for a place to hide and, in the meantime, he was leaving a noticeable trail of footprints. Once he reached a small clearance in the woods with a few rocks, somewhat remaining like monoliths. "This should do." He started to fly and flew until one of the last blocks of rock. He went to the part that what not illuminated by the sun and camouflaged. His scales slowly turned into the tone of the rock that was beneath him.He reached the top part and stayed there, waiting to Skytwister to find him. "I'm sure he'll do it." He said, slowly.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"Alright! I'm coming!" He said as he began to fly Iin search for him. While he was flying, he found footprints, and decided to follow them on foot. He followed the trail of footprints until it stopped beside some blocks of rock. He decided that he should look for him up, he then keptwalking and walking until he accidentally stepped on Chamael, "Found you! When you lay with a Changewing, you know you gotta look everywhere, even in the open!" He said calmly, "So, what do you wanna do now?" He asked curiously as he flicked his tail upwards.

"That was a good one. And you were quite fast too." Chamael continued. "Mmmm... Well, we've been doing that I wanted, but what about the things that you want?" Chamael asked. "What do you around here to have fun? You fight? You fly?" He said, interested about Skytwister's likes. After all, he showed him the island and was the only dragon that wanted to talk with him first. He was kinda nice, and that was something that Chamael really appreciated.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"Hmm. How about we do a flight race?" He asked curiously, "We're gonna start at that cliff," He said as he pointed to a cliff in the water, "and finish at Silhouette Lake" He continued as he flew to the cliff and readied his four large wing, "Ready, when you are!" He said calmly as he waited for Chamael to come to the cliff and start the race. This wall very exciting for Skytwister, he had never experienced the joy of having a friend before, and now he is finally experiencing it happily. He turned back his attention to get ready for the race, "So, you ready?" He asked curiously

"Don't expect anything spectacular. I'm always up for a flight racing, though I must confess that I am not very good at flying. I mean... I totally know how to do it, but I'm not the ones that are very fast or knows how to do aerobatics." He confessed, spreading his wings and going to the cliff that Skytwister pointed before. He stayed there and flipped his wings a little in order to warm them up. After a few stretches too, he looked to the Stormcutter and continued. "Well, now I'm ready, so... When you want you can initiate the countdown." Chamael knew that probably he would loose against him. He had heard that Storcutters were great flyers, and, in addition to his not very good flying techniques, he knew that he would have no chances against him. But he didn't mind, he just wanted to have some fun with his new friend.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"Alright, 3....2....1....GO" He said as he skyrocketed into the open and went for Silhouette Lake, "Woohoo!" He exclaimed as he continued speeding up, he hen stopped in midair just to put up his four lage wings and then flew there a hundred times faster than a Peregrine Falcon.

The Changewing jumped and started to fly too, but he was way too slower than the Stormcutter. How can a dragon be so fast? Chamael asked himself. He tried to speed up as much as he could, but he couldn't even approach him: he only saw his figure in front of him, several meters and meters ahead. Thinking about that he had no option to win, he at least decided to enjoy the landscapes of those incredible lands, as he kept on his way to Silhouette Lake as fast as he could.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Skytwister continued flying but even faster. Soon, he arrived at Silhouette Lake. He saw Chamael meters away from him, "Hm. Guess I'll wait for him here" He said as he sat down and waited for him. Looks like I won. He thought calmly as he continued waiting for him to come to the lake.

The Changewing kept his actual speed. Several minutes later, Chamael finally reached the Silhouette Lake. "H...Hey!" He said, panting a little. Though he was used to flying, he was not used to going so fast. "It s-seems that you... You have won. Congr-atulations." He approached the river and drank some water. Once he finished and rested for some minutes, he returned with Skytwister. "You are a great flyer." He said, with a smile on his face.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"Thanks!" He said with a nice, warm smile, "Hmm. I really would wish to have some adventures" He said as he lied down and caught a salmon, he then ate it, "Do you know any place in which we could have some adventures?" He asked curiously as he ate some more salmon.

"Good question." Chamael said. "Well, these lands are quite peaceful, but where I came from, there is always something going on. I mean... There are humans. Some are good, some tries to capture us for... Whatever they want us. I was a little fed up of that. I decided to leave my home because of that." He told the Stormcutter. He lay on the shore, quietly. Some of his scales turned the color of the sand, while others adopted the color of the grass. "It's fun having adventures, but when they are so constant and sometimes dangerous... You just want a little of peace."

D

Deleted member 227971

Name : Horizon Whisper (Others just call her Horizon, Horizix or sometimes whisper)
Species : Sandwraith (I'm a sandwraith expert :D ) http://dreamworks-school-of-dragons.wikia.com/wiki/Sand_Wraith (Sand Wraith)
Colour : Her body is a snowy white with front paws gradient from white to bright blue. The spines on her back are gradient to bright blue and the markings on her back are yellow, aqua and neon pink/orange. Her tail is gradient to bright aqua. The spines on her head are pale blue, and her eyes are aqua. She can shoot sand which she can set on fire.
Personality :Loyal,Kind, Calm, Energetic, Strong spirited, Protective, Passionate, Stubborn, Determined, Adventurous, Quiet, and Free-Spirited.
Mate : None, but has a crush on Skytwister
Flying Skills : Excellnent
Friends : Skytwister
Dislikes : Betrayal, Idiots, and EELZ
Other: Partly nightfury. She was an egg found by hiccup and when she hatched was raised by toothless. At the age of 9, when toothless told her she wasn't his daughter, she ran/flew away to the winged land, and she has been there for 10 years since.

Horizion Whisper flew through the sky before flying back to her den in the mountains. In the distance she could see Skytwister and a changewing. She flew down to them.
"Hello Skytwister" Said Horizon Whisper. "Who's this?" She pointed at Chamael

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"Oh, hello there, Horizon!" He waved with one of his wings, as his silver scales shined in the sunlight. The lime green tips on his tail and wings, and limbs, were also shining a bit, "This Is a new friend of mine, Chamael!" He introduced Chamael. "Chamael, this is Horizon. A friend of mine." He introduced Horizon to Chamael, "Chamael just moved to the Winged Land, and it seems he's really liking it, here." He stated to Horizon, "We've been playing hide and seek, and having a race. Now, we're just talking." He stated again.

D

Deleted member 227971

"Ok" Horizon smiled, and calmed down. "Hey, want some salmon? I just caught them"

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"Thanks!" He said as he ate one salmon. He found that he was still hungry, so he walked over to the lake, and saw a large fish like animal. He sank his teeth, into the water, and found a shark. He threw the shark on the ground, while it was wobbling around. He caught the the shark in his claws, and began biting into it, making the shark stop moving, "Anybody hungry for some shark?" He offered to his friends.

"Oh, hello!" Chamael said. She approached the Sandwraithand inspected closely. He had never seen one of those dragons before, so Chamael was kinda curious about him. He just hoped Horizon wasn't annoyed about that. "Nice to meet you, Horizon. I hope that we can be friends too." He said happily. After all, he went to the Winged Land looking for some new friends and expecting to have a peaceful life there too. "And... Thanks, I'm not very hungry right now." He added, though his expression changed completely when Chamael heard shark. He had never tasted one before. He lived in a forest, near a big esplanade. Though he had a beach quite close, he always preferred to capture salmons in a near river. He could never have enough. "Eh... If you don't mind... May I take some shark?"

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"Sure!" He said as he swallowed the shark's tail, and threw some shark guts, beside Chamael. He motioned him to come and eat the shark with them. He said as he began eating the fresh meat of the shark. His favorite food used to be sharks. He then glanced at the other side of the Winged Land. There was some dark aura coming from it, "Guys?" He pointed at he darkness arising, with his wing. He seemed kinda confused.

Chamael approached the shark and sliced a small portion of it. He seemed to be a little intrigued by its smell and, after some seconds of staring at it, he finally decided to eat it. He chewed it a lot more than the fishes he used to eat. "Well, it's not that bad. Actually... I really like it." He finally said, slicing some more portions. Then, his attention was drawn by the Stormcutter. "Maybe it's just getting late." He said, more focused on eating the shark than in another thing. When he finally saw the darkness, he finally stopped eating, staring at it. "Eh... I guess that is not normal around here neither, is it?"

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
(This is where the plot twists begin. Humans can now enter the Winged Land, and anyone can leave.)
"No...it isn't..." He frowned. He flew upwards and saw the dark side of The Winged Land. The dragons there were ridden by humanoid creatures, "Humans?! How did they get here..?!" He glanced at the boat, "Damn..." He muttered. Some humans ordered their forced dragons, to fire at Skytwister. Skytwister dodged. He then flew off to Horizon and Chamael. Some human-ridden-dragons were flying towards them, and shooting fire, boiling water, whatever. A blast of fire from a forced, tamed Deadly Nadder, was going to hit Horizon! Skytwister gasped and flew in front of Horizon, making the blast of fire hit him, instead of Horizon. Skytwister was hurt, but he recovered quickly, but he had a scar, over his eyelids. His eyes, pupils, iris, everything was okay, though. But, there was a scar that was on his eyelids, since he took the blast for Horizon. The darkness that was coming, seemed to leave everything dead behind it, though. Except, the humans and dragons, "We need to stop them!" He exclaimed.

Chamael stared in horror as the humans with their dragons were slowly invading those new lands for him. "Oh, perfect... Just the perfect moment when I find these perfects lands... And... This perfect dish." He joked. "Well... I'll do the best I know..." His scales slowly changed their original colour and fused with the ones from the environment. He was perfectly camouflaged. Chamael slowly approached his body to the ground and started to advance as slowly as he could until he reached a near tree. His moves were slow, something that completely irritated him: he wanted to run out from there, but he simply couldn't. He climbed that tree and, still camouflaged, he opened his mouth and shouted and shot an acid blast to one of the dragon riders, causing him to lose control of his dragon. "Well, one less... I think." He roared.