• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

How do you figure out IV's?

Well, I've been looking on the web, and I can't find it. Here is the Pokemon I want to do it for:
Happiny
Docile
Lvl. 18
Hp:69
Attack:10
Defense:11
Sp. Atk.:12
Sp. Def.: 31
Speed: 17

Can anyone help?

I use this tool: http://www.psypokes.com/dex/dv.php

Of course, to use it, you need to know all of the EVs you've gotten so far. If you don't, you're kinda stuck.

thanks a lot! I haven't gotten any EV's so far, since I just caught it, I'm really excited about this, because it's a shiny Happiny!

EDIT: okay, it gave me a bucnh of possible numbers, like 4 for each stat. How do I know which it it?

If you use Rare Candies to level it up, or alternatively level it up normally and keep track of EVs, then the calculator will be more precise. As it stands, the lower level Pokemon you're using, the less precise the calculator would be.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Another psychotic route is using the Daycare. That way you'll gain no EVs when your Pokemon levels up and won't have to worry about factoring them into the calculations. Rare Candies are really your best bet, though, but unless you have an AR handy it's probably not an option for you...