• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Helping a Rusty Writer

Hello all, I am a rusty writer. I was curious if anyone would want to help this expired writer renew himself by character development in PRP.

I have some ideas, so if you leave a reply, or a message, or a Skype message so we could talk one on one after I get off work (which is 7:00pm Central time).

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I would be interested XD I mean, I've been looking for an RP to join for a while now, and this really caught my interest despite lack of information. I'll be willing to help ya as long as you tell give a little more info about tje rp (plot, your character, setting, etc.)

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
If you have ideas I'd love to see them. I'll be more than willing to help as long as I know what I'm getting myself into ;)

Here's the plot for my ideal RP:

Severin Viper comes from a family of Seviper trainers, and is destined to be a master of Seviper... or so you'd think. Severin lives in the Viper Mansion of Pastoria City, and begins his journey from there. He's a bit of a serious/goofy character, even with his own motto. (TeamRocket-ishwhut) Basically, a traveling trainer defeating Gyms and trainers with his top six Pokemon, only with a new organization on the rise. What that is is something I'm thinking about.

What do you think?

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
It's not a bad start Viper, but I feel like it might be too vague. You seem to have a decent grasp of your character, but setting and plot are lacking. Who is this mysterious organization? What do they want? Why do they want it? Are they friend or foe? Those are some of the questions you should ask yourself. Maybe from that you can start getting a better idea of a coherent plot. If not, then think of something else. Shiny and I and anyone else who gets involved can help you with that as long as you lay the foundation.

As for the setting, ask yourself these questions: Where is the plot taking place? What is going on? Why is it happening in this location? How do the characters get involved and why? Again Viper, you have to come up with the framework and after we can help you build on it.

The most important thing about any RP is openness. If people have no way of inserting their characters into the plot or setting you make, then you might want to consider writing a fanfic instead.

I hope this helps!

I have a better idea. Team Nightmare. An organization bent on enslaving people and Pokemon with fear, as the leader is plagued by his own madness, he wishes to reign and make people suffer as he had since he was a child.

As for the setting of the beginning of the story, there could be some sort of competition for Poison types? Or a "half-off" special for the Great Marsh?

I'd like to work on a roleplay so I can work with people, and also release my inner character. I don't care if it's my own creation, or not. I'm just setting up ideas.

I'd love to join this! I've been wanting to join a PRP for quite a while, and you've given me something. I'm more than happy to throw in an ideas, should you need them.