• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Help with team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my team: (EV spread is HP/Atk/Def/SpAtk/SpDef/Spd)

Lucario@Muscle band Job: Starter and Phys. Sweeper
Nature: Adamant EVs: 6/252/0/0/0/252
Close Combat
Blaze Kick
Stone Edge
Shadow Claw
Notes: My best option as a starter Poke. Blaze Kick for Heracross and Lucario, while CC for STAB. Edge does Fire types and stops Togekiss. Shadow Claw handles unsuspecting Gengars and company.

Spiritomb@ Leftovers Job: Mixed Wall
Nature: Careful EVs: 252/0/128/0/128/0
Pursuit
Shadow Sneak
Pain Split
Will-o-Wisp
Notes: I know the 128 Def. EVs may be confusing, but I wanted Spiritomb to serve as a Mixed Wall, because that really aids my team. Pursuit for obvious reasons, and SS gives me a chance against Heracross and Infernape. W-o-W is easily needed, and Pain Split to handle the HP problem.

Blissey@ Leftovers Job: Cleric and Sp. Wall
Nature: Bold EVs: 252/0/252/6/0/0
Healing Wish
Aromatherapy
Softboiled
Seismic Toss
Notes: NO!!! BLISSEY!!! I chose Healing Wish over Wish, becauss Wish has not proven quite as useful as HW. Also, I don't have to switch Blissey out if I want to heal a Poke, which is easier. Softboiled is for stalling.

Slowbro@ Leftovers Job: Tank
Nature: Bold EVs 252/0/252/6/0/0
Surf
Ice Beam
Slack Off
Amnesia
Notes: My favorite Tank ever. Surf for STAB, and Ice Beam handles Grass and Dragon types. Slack Off is for extra health when needed. Amnesia > Calm Mind, because 1) Slowbro already has enough SpAtk to deal serious damage, and doesn't need CM, and 2) Amnesia strengthens Slowbro's weak point quicker and makes him nearly invincible.

Salamence@ Life Orb Job: Phys. Sweeper
Naturr: Hasty EVs: 6/252/0/0/0/252
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Notes: I chose a Hasty nature for Salamence, because he already has a plethora of Atk, and he needs extra Speed to outspeed Choice Scarf-ers. DC for STAB, Flamethrower for Skarmory, Forretress, etc., and EQ and Edge are for serious type-trumping.

Sceptile@ Wise Glasses Job: Sp. Sweeper
Nature: Modest EVs: 6/0/0/252/0/252
Energy Ball
Dragon Pulse
Focus Blast
Hidden Power (Rock, Power is 65)
Notes: My favorite Poke, ever! Energy Ball > Leaf Storm for two simple reasons: Stealth Rock and Spikes. I cannot use a move that would halt my sweeping without switching, and it would leave my team very vulnerable, due to my lack of a Spinner. It's as simple as that. Focus Blast for type trumping, and DP for Salamence and the like. HP easily helps with Heracross, Charizard, Staraptor, Aerodactyl and a lot of other threats. I lucked out majorly with that one.

*Note* I'm not going to use Choice items for the same reason as I'm not using Leaf Storm on Sceptile.

Okay, any advice? Movesets that should altered? Any criticism is appreciated.

On the fact on HP Fire, Infernape taks neutral damag from Rock Attacks.
Shadow Claw can be replaced by Crunch. They both cover the same types.
Healing Wish works only if the Pokemon faints, right?
SoftBoiled works better and Leftovers can work as an item. If you want both Healing Wish and Softboiled to stall opponents, Get rid of Ice Beam and T-Bolt and put in Seismic Toss.

Other wise, a very soild team. Test it out and you'll see what you can improve on later.

On the fact on HP Fire, Infrnap taks neutral damag from Rock Attacks.
Shadow Claw can be replaced by Crunch. They both cover the same types.
Healing Wish works only if the Pokemon faints, right?
SoftBoiled works better and Leftovers can work as an item. If you want both Healing Wish and Softboiled to stall opponents, Get rid of Ice Beam and T-Bolt and put in Seismic Toss.

Other wise, a very soild team. Test it out and you'll see what you can improve on later.

HP Rock covers most of Sceptile's threats, at least. I guess I'll need to switch to Slowbro.
Okay, I'll consider rebreeding Lucario for Crunch.
Yeah, but HW fully recovers the next pokemon, which is ever so useful.
Alright, I'll use that moveset instead.
Thank for your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.