• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Harry Potter: Wizards and Witches (AU)

Got bored, and since I like Harry Potter, and I've never done general roleplay on this site. I put the two together. So here we are with a Harry Potter AU.

So the storyline takes place 10 years after the Battle Of Hogwarts. The key difference is that all of the old characters are gone. This is completely new and completely different. Magical villains do roam though, however they're unimportant at the time being. Right now the thing that's important is Hogwarts. Every student starts off on their first year. No skipping that, none of that. All of the main characters are gone, so the teachers, Hogwarts headmaster, older students, and etc. are either NPC's or real characters.

The story begins with you arriving at Hogwarts for the first time ever, the sorting ceremony shall begin very soon. You can play the Sorting Hat when it sorts you. You've already gone to Diagon Alley to buy all of your Hogwarts items. As well as having bought all of your work robes (which you're supposed to wear, this ain't the movies).

++-Rules-++

++FOLLOW THE SITE RULES++
  • Keep it at most PG-13, this is based off a children's book anyways.
  • Don't do much romance, don't go past hugging, and kissing and all that.
  • You can send in a Character Sheet to be a hogwarts professor, however your character sheet has got to be very descriptive, and it's got to make sense. You can also be a head of house once you're accepted as a Professor.
  • Don't be toxic
  • Be active, but not too active.
  • You may have one character.
  • No special races, make your character human.
  • It's up to you to show up for classes, and it's up to you (professors) to have them. However you aren't required to always have classes, you can just do homework, or roleplay other things.
  • No annoyingly abusive backgrounds, and no relations to real HP characters. You can have the last name, but only if you aren't of the same Blood Status as the HP Character.
Character Sheet:
Name:
Alias (if you have one):
Blood Status:
Personality:
Appearance:
Wand:
Hogwarts House:

Background/Backstory (detailed and realistic):
Your Hogwarts experience/How you became a Professor:

First instance of Magic/How you got your letter (make it detailed and realistic):

Name: James Michael Erwind
Alias (if you have one): None
Blood Status: Half-Blood
Personality: He's charming, smart, yet loyal. He has the properties of all of the houses except Slytherin. He's confident and loves his friends. He may sound like he knows a lot, but truthfully, he doesn't. He sometimes says things he doesn't know the meaning of. He's adventurous and pure. He oozes confidence and courage, yet sometimes he'll be overconfident and is prone to fail at most things he does.

Appearance: He's a few inches taller than average for his age usually, he's got dark hazel hair, which is very messy. James has dark black eyes. He's got fairly light skin and a few freckles spanning across his face. He's skinny and above average in height. His ears are short yet sharp looking, his nose is short yet quite big. He usually wears work robes in school, and doesn't normally wear hats. Also outside of Hogwarts he wears a black jacket, blue jeans, and black shoes.

Wand: 11" Rowan Wood with a Unicorn Hair Core, very defensive.
Hogwarts House: Gryffindor

Background/Backstory (detailed and realistic): James Erwind grew up learning magic, he was acquainted with it from the ripe age of 5. His parents used it all the time at home, his father was actually quite the wizard in his time in Hogwarts, he was also a Pure-Blood. Being famed as a very powerful wizard, however his father never became an Auror, instead he went on to work for the Ministry of Magic. His mother, a muggle-born, also attended Hogwarts with brilliant success. Both were successful Ravenclaw's who worked for the Ministry of Magic.

James spent most of his time playing with his younger sister. Instead of actually focusing on magic. He often thought magic was interesting, yet he never really focused on it. His life was relatively normal for a young wizard.

First instance of Magic/How you got your letter (make it detailed and realistic): James received his Letter after sneezing accidentally, he was playing with his sister in their garden. Some of the pollen from the flowers got in his nose. He sneezed, however it accidentally came out as bubbles. Soon after the Hogwarts Letter came.

Houses:
All Hogwarts houses are in the same place as they were in the Harry Potter series.

Gryffindor
Head Of House:
Students down here ↓

@KadenX12 : James Erwind
Hufflepuff
Head of House:
Students down here ↓

Slytherin
Head of House:
Students down here ↓

Ravenclaw
Head of House:
Students down here ↓

Classes:
There are 6 (technically 7) core subjects in magic nowadays, Astronomy has fallen off, and Flying lessons are only required for 1st Years.

Anyways, Core Subjects:

Transfiguration
Transfiguration Teacher:

Charms
Charms Teacher:

Defense Against the Dark Arts
DADA Teacher:

Herbology
Herbology Teacher:

Potions
Potions Teacher:

History of Magic
HoM Teacher:

Flying (1st Years)
Flying Teacher:

Magic System:

Okay, so I'm gonna try to come up with a magic system here. Okay, this won't be easy but I guess I'll go for it. So you get better and better in magic the more you work and attend classes, the better you get at magic. You learn spells from Classes and Homework, and since you aren't a main character, you only learn what is taught to you.

The amount of spells you're able to use correctly is pretty much the measure of your skill. I don't expect there to be much or many fights. But if there are, you get the edge on your opponent the better you use your skills.

Last edited:

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Name: Peter Hale
Alias: Fox or Foxy
Blood Status: Pureblood
Personality: Peter is a likeable kid. Unlike the stereotypical Slytherin he is known to be pretty kind and thoughtful and is always up for a good laugh. He can however get angry and can be quite rude at times also. He has an affinity for any transformation magic and is fascinated by magical creatures. He is afraid of isolation and hates being told what to do by anyone.
Appearance: Peter is of average height being around 5’4, he has an athletically fit physique and is quite good looking. He has dark red hair and pale pink eyes. He usually where’s comfortable clothes like jumpers and loose trousers.
Wand: Dogwood wood with a phoenix feather core, 12 ½” and supple flexibility
Hogwarts House: Slytherin
Background/Backstory: Peter was brought up in a very powerful magical family. The Hales were a respected family who were involved in many dodgy back end dealing including the trading and breeding if magical creatures via black market dealers. His father was a humble entertainer however and took the Hale name from Peter’s mother as her family was more well recognised. His mother and father kept him away from the crimes of his family’s past and tried to keep him knowledgeable about magic. However only one topic interested Peter the most transfiguration, particularly Animagi. His father was a registered Animagus so after much pestering and pleading his father guided him through the steps and Peter finally became an Animagus on his 10th birthday and was registered as the youngest registered Animagus.
First instance of Magic/How you got your letter (make it detailed and realistic): Peter's first instance of magic was when he was 3 and he accidentally turned his teddy to life which surprised his mother when she picked it up.

Last edited:
The Battle of Hogwarts never happened since Voldemort technically doesn't exist in this AU. I was just using that as reference.

Also, you don't have to fill out the "How you became a Professor" at hogwarts one. That's for those who want to specifically explain how they became a professor for their professor character if they decide to make one. First instance of magic is the first time they did magic on accident. Just the little things, also would be the reason why an owl flew to them.

@Shadow_Pup

Perhaps they could have been involved with some villains in the past, I haven't gone and created any real villains yet. Then again I'd be fine with anyone creating their own evil-doer. As long as they make sense. Perhaps I can allow 2 ocs.

Here's my ravenclaw student, can I reserve the head of ravenclaw as well? He'd be a defense against the dark arts teacher. I know flitwic was charms eacher but I didn't wanna make two ravenclaw characters that specialize in charms.

Name: Procyon Sheerfor
Blood status: pureblood
Personality: Procyon is a bit of an oddball which isn't out of the ordinary for a member of the Sheerfor Family. Procyon is a contradictory boy who's personality traits often contradict one another. On one hand he's confident and self assured, but on the other hand he's insecure and doubtful. He can be loud and outgoing ,but also quiet and introvert. He can be friendly and optimistic ,but also shy and pragmatic. His reactions at times almost change back and fourth whimsically.
Appearance: dull brown short combed to the right, bright blue eyes, lightly complected skin, average build, 5 ft., and has a scar across his left hand from a prank that went wrong.
Background: Procyon grew up in a broomstick crafting family. His family has made broomsticks for many generations. The brooms they make are called "Eccelor". Their newest broom is called "Eccelor 415" Their Procyon's father(Aldebaran) is a brilliant, but somewhat reclusive man. Not to be mistaken for antisocial as his father is simply a man who enjoys throwing himself into his work. Procyon's grandfather(Capella) was a much more social man than Aldebaran ,but because of Aldebaran's dedication the quality of his work speaks for itself. Which is why Aldebaran is the family patriarch despite being the second eldest child. A fact that is older brother(Rigel) a pure blood supremacist is envious of. Despite this he has accepted his position as adviser in the family hierarchy ,but openly disapproves of his brother's fair treatment of non-purebloods. Procyon's older brother(Castor) is next in line to take over the family business. He lacks his Aldebaran's brilliance, but makes up for it in being cunning ,and business savvy. Denabola is the wife of Aldebaran. She is a clean freak ,and perfectionist. Everything has to be neat, organized, and done just right. She helps keep Aldebaran's reclusive antics in check. Lastly is Procyon's younger sister Vega who is the most antisocial member of the family. She would much rather spend time in the family forest with the animals surrounded by nature. In the middle of this is Procyon whom simply wants to learn whatever fancies his interests at that moment which usually means experimenting with random potion ingredients ,or observing animals in their natural habitats. He has quite the skill in chess ,and is an overall skilled strategist which is why when he plays quidditch he plays as keeper to utilize his strategy skills most effectively. Because Procyon is a sheltered boy he can be gullible at times ,but has been slowly growing out of that with time and experience.
Desired House: ravenclaw
Wand: Walnut wood with a unicorn hair core, 12" in. and rigid flexibility
Fun facts: like all Harry Potter pure bloods I gave his family names after stars
Procyon has a pet dragon toad named Saltus. His pet is reddish-orange with gold eyes. Like all dragon toads it has dragon-like features ,but is still a toad.
Eccelor is Latin for accelerate.
Saltus is latin for leap.

Last edited:
Name: Kaleb Soderstrom
Alias (if you have one): None
Blood Status: Halfblood (father's side is magical)
Personality: Kaleb is a nice, smart boy. He tries to be friendly but is a bit reserved at times. He rarely attempts to pick fights with anyone.
Appearance: Kaleb has jet black hair and brown eyes. He wears glasses. He wears the robes of his house, Ravenclaw.
Wand: Ebony wood with a dragon heartstring core, 12 1/2" and unbending flexibility.
Hogwarts House: Ravenclaw

Background/Backstory (detailed and realistic): Kaleb grew up in a halfblood family, but his mother was aware of magic due to being married to a wizard. As a result, he knew of magic as well. He had a great childhood and loved his parents more than anyone. Kaleb is an only child as of right now.
Your Hogwarts experience/How you became a Professor: ?

First instance of Magic/How you got your letter (make it detailed and realistic): Kaleb's first instance of magic came when he was 10 years and 7 months old. He accidentally overcooked a bag of popcorn by simply picking it up. His letter came as soon as he turned 11.

Haven't done anything on this site in a long time, I might be a bit rusty. I plan on making another character later when I have time.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
This looks extremely cool to me, a very nicely fleshed-out setting. Just a quick question before I make my character, is there a main plot to the story? Or mostly just Hogwarts school life?