• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Hack?

I've been planning on making my own Pokemon game but I'd just like a little help with some things.

I don't know if this is the right forum but if anyone can give me some advice, it'd be appreciated.

Firstly, I've downloaded Pokepic but it only covers Kanto to Hoenn and I'm looking for a way or a different program that would let me put Sinnoh and Unova pokemon in the game as well, so any help on that?

Also, I've got an Advanced Map program that lets me edit and even create my own maps. However, I don't know how to link doors to the indoors of buildings and how to link the routes together. With the movement permissions thing, I'm assuming 'C' are places the character can walk, '1' is where the player can't walk, and '4' are places the character swims? A full list though of what all those things on movement permissions would be good.

If anyone could give me help on how to make events, how to change the character and what pokemon they start off with, when they get to choose what starter pokemon to have.

Basically, any advice I can be given on how to make a hack, would be appreciated.

Hacks or Mods or whatever they are called are quite interesting.
I sadly dont have any experience with those things.

BUT! If you were to hack a gen5 game, then getting all the gen 1-4 Pokemon in it shouldnt be an issue. They already exist in the code with sprites and everything. Rebuilding a map and slapping on those already existing Pokemon shouldnt be an issue.

There have been rumors and talk about modded games that include all the 5 regions for years but so far no one pulled that off. Yet.

Not sure if people can help you in here either. Maybe there are some dedicated hacking communities out there that got tutorials and all those things?

There are indeed hacking communities, and the Youtuber Foullump has a very nice set of tutorials, all of which are incredibly helpful and easy to follow.

Most hacks are of Gen 3 and earlier, so finding something useful for Gens 4 and 5 should only be slightly harder.