• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Google's cache might save your sanity

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks to some helpful advice (Ben and Kel, you guys rock :'D), I've been pointed towards Google's cache and am incredibly happy with the results. For anyone who's never bothered with the function, you might want to look into it now. I've already been able to recover several pages concerning Charms Organized Play, including my latest news update about the Leagues (which makes me a very happy Linkachu).

Assuming this works... you can find a dedicated pokecharms.com google search HERE. From there you can make more specific searches or just go through stuff, but remember to hit that blue "cached" link. It allows you to view a "snapshot" of the page as it looked on a specific date. Dates can vary - so don't expect to find anything completely up-to-date - but I've been able to pull stuff out as recent as May 27th 2010. :)

Expletive+Yay= Thank you!

I managed to look up part of my Avatar RP. I may be able to just copy and paste it if I do something right.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Locking this for now and temp-stickying it. This is less relevant now that the backup is up. However, posts found in the archive may be a bit screwed up, so it may still be worth it to check out Google Cache so that you don't have to bother fixing the post up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I think that should have given everyone a fair amount of time to check the cache. Imma gonna unsticky it now and unlock it again. :)