1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google's cache might save your sanity

Discussion in 'Small Talk' started by Linkachu, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

Thanks to some helpful advice (Ben and Kel, you guys rock :'D), I've been pointed towards Google's cache and am incredibly happy with the results. For anyone who's never bothered with the function, you might want to look into it now. I've already been able to recover several pages concerning Charms Organized Play, including my latest news update about the Leagues (which makes me a very happy Linkachu).

Assuming this works... you can find a dedicated pokecharms.com google search HERE. From there you can make more specific searches or just go through stuff, but remember to hit that blue "cached" link. It allows you to view a "snapshot" of the page as it looked on a specific date. Dates can vary - so don't expect to find anything completely up-to-date - but I've been able to pull stuff out as recent as May 27th 2010. :)

2. WOOHOO! Thank god for google's unimaginably massive database!

3. Cool. I got a cache of the forums index from the 26[sup]th[/sup]. Pity the links don't work.

4. THANK YOU!!! I got my sig back but I'm trying to find my trading thread...

5. Ah, fantastic - I can get back all the comments I've made concerning The Insane Asylum.

6. Expletive+Yay= Thank you!

I managed to look up part of my Avatar RP. I may be able to just copy and paste it if I do something right.

7. Natch. ♥

You can also go see what Pokecharms looked like in the days of yore by using the Wayback Machine.

8. Sem

Sem The Last of the Snowmen
    Former Administrator

Locking this for now and temp-stickying it. This is less relevant now that the backup is up. However, posts found in the archive may be a bit screwed up, so it may still be worth it to check out Google Cache so that you don't have to bother fixing the post up.

#8 Sem, Jun 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2013
  9. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

I think that should have given everyone a fair amount of time to check the cache. Imma gonna unsticky it now and unlock it again. :)

10. Is there anywhere I can find The Insane Asylum? I can't find it with the new website set up.