• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Gauntlet's Sprite Edits

I'm new to pokemon spriting, but I have done other types. Here are some of my recent works.

Robomon:
RobomonSprite.jpg

Blazemander's Evo-line:
BlazemandersEvo-line.jpg

These aren't the best, but good for your firsts! The totodile/charmander line 's coloring is kinda... bright. I don't see much shading. On bulba, The steel and lightining looks alitte strange

Ok, I normally don't get rude about bad spriting, but this is pretty bad.

First off, making an electric Bulbasaur and calling it Robomon is like calling Charmander Agumon.

Second, the coloring on them makes me want to watch Dennō Senshi Porygon, just to get away from my computer and not have to look at how horrible they are.

Third, is the one thing every spriter on Pokecharms must stress, saving a sprite as a JPEG is like giving to a 3 year old holding a crayon, ruins it completely, not being able to be fixed at all. Always save your sprites as PNG if you want people to actually see and enjoy them.

I'm really sorry for you, and at least the last mistake was a common one I even made, but the first two are very very bad mistakes.

Ok, yeah, I didn't like how my Robomon turned out, it's supposed to look somewhat like this:
Robomon.jpg

Oh, and I do use png, that's the only thing I ever use. Oh, and the Blazemander line is not a fusion with tododile, it just has some parts of cyndaquils line, it's supposed to be blue flame. Thanks anyways for your comments, I'll get better at it as I go. Oh, and I tried to fix up the coloring on Blazemander:
BlazemandersEvo-line.png

Here is some new things I've been working on since last night.
Bolt the Raichu:
BolttheRaichu.jpg

Leafin and Leafia:
LeafinandLeafia.png

Fire Starter:
FireStarter.png

Grass Starter:
GrassStarter.png

I'm still workin on the Water Starter, and I'm making fusions of the Aron and Rhyhorn lines to go with the fusion that someone made for me of Aggron and Rhyperior.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
The only problem is, you show them as fakemon but it's really obvious where the parts come from. Don't get me wrong, they're good edits, but even so... You're best off calling them splices, not fake/fanmon.

Well, I image them out in a certain way, and then take what I have to use, and put it in as good as I can, some of my fakemons would look a bit different than what I can show. I'm trying to make my own pokedex.

Edit; Here is my attempt at making a legendary pokemon from the style of cosplayer.

Apollostang:
Apollostang.png

Have you tried using a Heatran as base for Robomon? Maybe some Electivire colors and Raichu tails for electric thunderbolts. Just a thought. And, it only takes MSPaint!

I've been working on some of my pokemon, tell me what you think.

Waldobenus:
Waldobenus.png

Machang:
Machang.png

Luxavon:
Luxavon.jpg

Galleon:
Galleon.jpg

Some legendary fusion:(I couldn't tell which was better)
Legendary.png

Legendary1.png