• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Flight Rising: The Dragon Quest (Discussion)

I am a great fan of dragons, and I was thinking in creating some RP about dragons. I am thinking something like... Flight Rising. If you don't know it, it's a webpage where you can create a Dragon Lair and you must feed your dragons, train them and all that stuff. I really don't have nothing in mind, so I am hoping that you can propose some ideas too. As I said, I was thinking in the Flight Rising idea: the map, the realms, the dragon species... So, check it out if you want to join the webpage (in case you are interested) or the RP.

At this moment, I am creating this post just to know how many people may be interested. If we are enough, then I'll complete this post with a story, the rules, and the character info

Ok... Three is enough (at least for getting started). First of all, I'd like to know if you are OK with the part of settling it up in the "Flight Rising World". It was just an idea and, like I don't know if a lot of people know it, then it can be changed.
As I am going offline now, I'd like to know your opinion in order to create an outline for the story and have an idea for creating the character's info

OK. At this moment, I am thinking in basing it in Flight Rising. As I said, if you have something against it, we can change it; it doesn't matter for me. Anyway, I don't want it to be a canon story neither, I just want to fit it in the bases of it. I'll leave here the most relevant information:
World Map: http://www1.flightrising.com/wiki/world-map (Explore | Flight Rising)
Just to check the Dragon breeds: http://www1.flightrising.com/wiki/wiki (Encyclopedia | Flight Rising)
I forget to mention that there are some other clans (not dragon clans) that fight against them. There are mostly six clans that you can check in this link : http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=55 (Flight Rising)
Remember that there are several realms: fire, light, shadow, water, lightning, plague, ice, nature, arcane, wind and earth.
You can also have, as a dragon, what it's called "familiar", that it is just a pet. Just one for dragon. You can check the possible familiars in this link: http://flightrising.wikia.com/wiki/Bestiary (Bestiary)

Story:
All dragon realms lived in a relatively continuum peace for realms: war between them was over. They lived happily, competing in a friendly way, swapping knowledge, cultures... Their enemies were just the multiple beast clans that lived all across the known world. That was until one day, when things started to changed dramatically: volcanoes started to freeze, droughts in the water realm, plants dying in the Viridian Labyrinth... Dragon relationships between reigns broke, and were replaced by suspicion and distrust. Beast clans even took the opportunity to attack the different dragon realms in order to weaken them and won more power against them. What is causing the perturbations? Will you trust other dragons or will fight against them?
(We may start the story some days before the strange events, as an introduction).

Rules:
  1. Be respectful to the other people.
  2. We'll use the discussion thread in order to unify the story, talk about other themes, characters...
  3. Write in past, using the third person (with the exception of thoughts, dialogues).
  4. The number of lines of the posts will be very variable, but always try to write more than one line in your posts.
  5. You can have dragon characters or "beasts clans" characters.
  6. Initially, the number of characters that you can have is three. As long as the story goes on, you can ask for more. But always remember at least your characters. Use them in the more convenient situations, but don't let them to be aside of the story neither (in case it's just an occasional character, just post in the discussion that will not be interact in the story anymore or, at least, for the moment)
  7. Always try to use a proper grammar and orthography (maybe I am not the most proper people to say it, having in mind that English is not my native language and that there's been some years since I last practiced it, without counting my other interventions in other posts). I am not asking neither for a perfect grammar and orthography; we are all humans and make mistakes.
  8. Gore is allowed (not in excess).
  9. Tip Cinnamon in Others just to make sure that you have read the rules.

Dragon Character Info:

Name:
Dragon Breed:
Element:
(the ones from the realms, their attacks or weapons may be imbued with some sort of magic associated with the element; I mean: lightning, plague, nature...)
Realm: (one dragon can be of the element plague, for example, but live in the arcane realm)
Description: (how does he look; clothes, accessories, weapons...)
Personality: (add here what your dragon likes and dislikes)
Friends:
Enemies:
Familiar:
Crush:
(optional)
Backstory:
Other:

Beast Clan Info:
Name:
Species:
Realm:
Description:
Personality:
Friends:
Enemies:
Crush:
(optional)
Backstory:
Other:

I'll add my characters in my next post (I like to do it in this way, so I can have one post with all my actual and future characters, that I will add at the time I create them, and that I update for the other RPers to see more easily my characters).

Name: Acar
Dragon Breed: Bogsneak
Element:
(the ones from the realms, their attacks or weapons may be imbued with some sort of magic associated with the element; I mean: lightning, plague, nature...): Shadow
Realm:
(one dragon can be of the element plague, for example, but live in the arcane realm): The Ashfall Waste
Description:
(how does he look; clothes, accessories, weapons...): He is mainly Purple, with blue spots. He has scars all over his body, but his biggest is across his Left eye.
Personality:
(add here what your dragon likes and dislikes): He doesn't like much. He's secluded. He does like to socalize with his closest friends. Which he does not have much of... He hates Sunbeam Plains and anyone of the Light element. How will it end up with him when the distrust starts?!
Friends: ???
Enemies: anybody of the Light Element
Familiar: N/A
Crush:
(optional): N/A
Backstory: Used to love everything... but got in an accident and from then hates pretty much everyone
Other: Cinnamon.

Last edited:
Dragon breed is the type of dragon you'll be. It goes from fae dragons to imperial dragons.
The dragon breeds you can choose are: Bogsneak Dragons, Coatl Dragons, Fae Dragons, Guardian Dragons, Imperial Dragons, Mirror Dragons, Nocturne Dragons, Pearlcatcher Dragons, Ridgeback Dragons, Skydancer Dragons, Snapper Dragons, Spiral Dragons, Tundra Dragons and Wildclaw Dragons.
If you want to see the different dragon breeds and some of their habits (food they eat, social status, lairs, tactical, physical attributes...), you can see section III. Dragon Breeds in this link: http://www1.flightrising.com/wiki/wiki (Encyclopedia | Flight Rising)
For the rest, you are accepted.

Name: zex
Dragon Breed: wildclaw
Element:
nature
Realm:
Viridian labyrinth
Description:
is mostly dark green with lighter green spots here and there
Personality:
is very caring for fauna and flora and will do anything to protect it
Friends:
anyone who he meets he'll try to be there friends
Enemies: is slightly distrustful to anyone of the fire element
Familiar: Chirmera
Crush: (optional): None(yet)
Backstory: since birth he has love everything especially nature how will he react when it all disappears
Other: Cinnamon.

Name: Kyma
Dragon Breed: SkyDancer
Element:
(the ones from the realms, their attacks or weapons may be imbued with some sort of magic associated with the element; I mean: lightning, plague, nature...): lightning
Realm:
(one dragon can be of the element plague, for example, but live in the arcane realm): Sea Of A Thousand Currents
Description:
(how does he look; clothes, accessories, weapons...): Looks Average, But A Bit Small, His Bony Sphere is A Redish Colour, his Scales Are Green, His Weapon is Electricity
Personality:
(add here what your dragon likes and dislikes): Likes peace, Love, Hope, and Friends, Hates War, Killing, and Mean Dragons, Can Be Smart One Minute, and Dumb The Next
Friends: Most, If Not All Dragons Are His Friends
Enemies: Almost None
Familiar: NONE
Crush:
(optional): None(Yet)
Backstory: Raised Loving All, He Learnt Of his electricity Abilities As A Young SkyDancer, and Tries Using it for Peace.
Other: Cinnamon

Name: Cerberus
Dragon Breed: mirror
Element:
Plague
Realm: The scarred wasteland
Description: Eyes as red as blood, A heart as black as sorrow, A topaz orange body are symbols of Cerberus appearance. Be carefully for all who attack become plagued from his ebony claws
Personality: An odd one in his species who prefers solitude but is kind unless provoked.
Friends: No one
Enemies: He has many
Familiar: Acid tongue serpenta
Crush: None

Backstory: Abandon by his pack due to his abilty to infect mirror he looked for a place to live in peace
Other:Cinnamon

@*that* guy , @Fraseandchico and @Tlord22 are accepted too.

Ok. I'll go with this character

Name: Virik
Dragon Breed: Mirror Dragon
Element: Plague
Realm: The Scarred Wasteland
Description: Has an obsidian-tone skin, with some lateral blood-tone lines. His wings are gray with a dark red Toxin Design (Secondary Gene). His belly is gray too. He wears a bloodscale armor set for protecting him during his adventures. He gets colds easily, so he wears an aviator scarf too (totally highlights with the rest of his equipment). He also has some satchels in his back legs, where he carries two annotation books, quills, and some potions and food for him and for Nietz. He also carries with him a light sword, at the height of his belly.
Personality: Adventurous but weak. Kind, but naive. Intelligent.
Friends: None.
Enemies: None at this moment
Familiar: An hippojay, called Nietz.
Crush: None yet
Backstory: His mother was a guardian dragon from The Tangled Wood, and his father, a Mirror Dragon from The Scarred Wasteland. He showed his interest in the outside world since he was a young dragon, but he was weak, and the other dragons used to mess with him. Now that he has grown up, he is determined to explore the rest of the known world and learn as much as he can.
Other: He can't breathe fire, but can use "Pestilent Slash" that causes lethal intoxication, but, in the case of Virik, he only can intoxicate lightly, it's not lethal. If he use it on his sword, then it wins "posionous touch", that may intoxicate his rival if he gets cut with it. He likes Cinnamon.

Ok, now that we are enough, I'll create the RP post soon (when I have some free time). Remember that you can always ask for another characters when you want, follow the rules and most important, enjoy the RP.

Name: Sky
Dragon Breed:
Element:
(the ones from the realms, their attacks or weapons may be imbued with some sort of magic associated with the element; I mean: lightning, plague, nature...) Wind. I'd able to manipulate the local windspeed n' stuff. Very, VERY good at flying
Realm: (one dragon can be of the element plague, for example, but live in the arcane realm) Wind
Description: (how does he look; clothes, accessories, weapons...) A light blue dragon, not much else
Personality: (add here what your dragon likes and dislikes) A caring person, bit hates people who like to stay on the ground. Loves to fly and has claustrophobia
Friends: Anybody who likes flying
Enemies: See above
Familiar: Nond
Crush:
None
Backstory: None in particular
Other:Nond

@Sky5372 You forgot to add the Dragon Breed. You can see the available breeds in the post number 7, but according to your element, maybe the most suitable option would be a Spiral Dragon.
And I am sure you are missing something too, just check the rules.

I don't think Acar will go to the festival thingy; He'll be flying around when he meets Virik. I also feel like Virik will be Acar's first friend...

Well, I just choose to mention the Festival just to have a reference point where all our dragons could meet, and then, the true story begins.
So...
Things starts to go bad during the Festival and dragon realms start to distrust of each other.

i feel like how Arcar meets Virik is that once Virik arrives at the Ashfall Waste, A dragon that lives thinks that he's a traveler and tells Virik "Watch out for the Great Acar. he doesn't take lightly to visiters, even if it's time for the festival." Or something like that. Virik meets acar, not knowing who he is, and asks for directions. Acar reveals that he is the feared Acar and it goes on from there. What do you think?

Name: Eyo
Dragon Breed: Wildclaw
Element: (the ones from the realms, their attacks or weapons may be imbued with some sort of magic associated with the element; I mean: lightning, plague, nature...): Flame
Realm: (one dragon can be of the element plague, for example, but live in the arcane realm): The Ashfall Waste
Description: (how does he look; clothes, accessories, weapons...): A light blue Wildclaw
Personality: (add here what your dragon likes and dislikes): Polite, Timid, Hates bullies.
Friends: Virik, Kyma (When he meets them)
Enemies: Acar (Yet he's afraid to fight)
Familiar: Black-wing Hummingbird (Zip)
Crush: (optional): N/A
Backstory: Mother died to the hands of Acar, had lived on his own ever since.
Other: Cinnamon

If you couldn't tell this is the Dragon that Warned Kyma and Virik about Acar...

Last edited: