• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Flames/Hate mail?

I'm happy. Today I just got my first piece of hate mail! :D And what's better - I got it off Facebook (Honesty Box - I forgot I even added that application until now), so it's probably somebody I know who goes to my school!

Background info - I've been writing a lot recently (original novel work), and was posting some stuff in my notes on Facebook. One of the novels (the next one I'd be working on, most likely) is called Urban Myth. Obviously somebody dislikes this (and must have read my notes on it to dislike it that much), and sent me this via Honesty Box:

u kno
i dun think nebody relli cares about ur urban legend or myth or whatnot.... its not that interesting and its pretty damn unoriginal. so if u can stop postin notes and spammin my note box.... then ya....

y not write stories more mature for ur age.......

Heehee. My own little flamer who can't even use the English language properly. :) But that's okay - s/he's probably a little kid who hasn't taken as many classes as I have, even in my high school course work. Though I guess a ten-year-old telling me to act mature is a little hypocritical, even if this ten-year-old managed to impersonate a high schooler on Facebook.

(By the way, I posted a retaliatory note that put this message for all to see and included a vow to get Urban Myth published once I get out of college. Then I removed the Honesty Box application so I won't be enticed into a pointless argument.)

So, anybody else got any hate mail they want to share? :D

I've had loads of it over on my myspace, especially with my blogs that I write, I tend to delete most of it however because its generally less funny and more abusive.

Oh but back in the days of Pok

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Most of my hate mail comes from idiots on this forum who can't seem to read the rules and deserved to be burned alive. I get pissed off and start handing out insta-bans for it though, so all is right again.

A couple days after Christmas in 2006, my then-best friend hacked my Gaia account. She told me she did it because she was jealous of what I got for Christmas last year from my family. xDD [I had gotten my DS lite and some games. o3o] In her twisted world, it became my fault that her life sucked and that her family was away for Christmas. Soon after I cut off contact form her, she made mule accounts and PMed me hate mail. She didn't think I could tell it was her. xDDD She and her boyfriend kept doing that for a month or so after. They would insult my family, my artwork, my online friendships [which was the most hypocritical thing I've seen; she met her bf online! xDDD] and pretty much everything about me. Looking back, it was pretty funny and pathetic. xDD

I think that's it. o_o I try to stay under the radar online. I prefer to lurk, mostly. >_>;

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm... This reminded me of two incidents long ago when I'd first gotten into Forums. Both weren't direct flames/hate mail against me, yet I was impersonated in both situations.

In the first incident, a close friend of mine (who STILL kicks herself over doing this) posted messages on the forum we visited using my name to flame another member. It was a silly style of forum that didn't actually have accounts, so no password protection on alias'. She's still to this day not quite sure why she chose my name when flaming this member (a member who considered me a friend yet tended to get hyperactive and annoy everyone), but she thinks it was due to the ugly emotion known as jealousy xp
To be honest, while her actions surprised me at the time, I just joke about it now - especially since I know it TORTURES her when I bring it up ^__^

The second situation actually involved the same close friend mentioned above, only SHE was the one who received the hate mail. Some git, who claimed to be a real life friend of mine, told said close friend all these horrible things I'd supposedly said about her at school. Some of it was VERY derogatory and cruel, nor anything I feel comfortable repeating. Either way, it was easily proven to be total BS, so no lasting harm was done. While we never did figure out who sent the email, we had a pretty good idea of the one person moronic enough to do it... LOLz edrama.

LOLz edrama.
Dramallama.jpg

I'll admit, one of the best things about playing an MMO is it's a crash course in eDrama-- in the unlikely event that you're never personally subjected to it, you'll still probably get to watch several friends end up in flame wars, weird anonymous mudslinging, the whole nine yards.

Myself... hrm. I don't think it's ever come up, owing to trying to be as unobtrusive as possible at all times, and evidently a respectable sense for whether someone is made of Pure Evil.

Yes... I've gotten one on my gaia... They flamed me because they clamed that I RPed improperly. (On gaia, We do RPing WAY differently than RPs here)

I didn't really care, though... Getting flamed by another memeber who has no idea how to RP is very humorous.

I lurk, so I've seen it, not every been caught in it. That unfortunately happens to me in the real world. damn all my friends and their relationship crap. or at least the non-senoir and freshman ones. minus my one friend and my RP group. Yeah. STFU I don't care. When you hear about the same thing day in and day out ya tend to want to say "WHEN WILL IT END!!??"

Oh man... I used to get it non-stop on Deviant Art from some b1@tch that had a problem with me for now reason. (And she was like 12 too... like seriously it was rediculous). And some douche from my school who had to be better then me at everything so he like did everything he could to get people to try and hate my art (which backfired on him).

Also that same jerk prank-called my cell-phone constantly with a "Forbidden" number so I couldn't get any proof it was him.