• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
How much you willing to pay? I'm always up for voice work, currently turning the gone series into audiobooks for my friend so that takes a huge chunk of my speaking time, but as I'm doing that for fun and to literally be the focus of my new voice-reel, something a bit more financially viable wouldn't go amiss.
When I say speaking time, I literally mean, I am only able to speak for a few hours a day requiring my medication to do so, so taking on this as a project would be a real commitment on my part, I'm not trying to break your bank just saying, people don't like doing work for just the exposure, but as long as it's not a total waste of my time, I am happy to help you, and will aim to get you an audition within a few days.

I might be able to help ya out! :D

Even though I still need to read up on the story and all that, I just watched the video, and I can say that I have all the motivation and flair! I'm sure I'd be able to clear my schedule for this and buy a decent mic, honestly. I love acting, and voice acting is no different! I'm just not entirely sure what the deadline is for... or how we pick our characters. Mind clearing that up for me while I go read more about this? Thanks a bunch!

EDIT: Actually, scratch the whole "me reading up on this" thing. None of the links in the video's description are working for me... :'|

@RLRL I wasn't planning on playing anyone for voice acting, seeing as I don't have the means to pay. Trust me; if I did, I would pay everyone handsomely for their time. I understand if you need to get paid for it, though, and I am sorry that I can't pay. :p
@The Ringmaster did you try the links on a mobile device, like a tablet or phone? If so, then keep in mind that they only work on a computer (idk why). The deadline is in case I didn't get enough voice actors or no actors showed up, so that I could move on wih everything. It can always be extended, too.

@Ringmaster if you're going to buy a mic for this, I recommend a Blue Snowball, they're absolutely brilliant, plus if you like being super dramatic, they're the right shape and size to hold in your hand and "recite Shakespearean quotation...." hopefully when reading that you imagined Jack Skellington but if not oh well. Either way, they're professional quality and they don't break the bank too much.

@The Protato it's cool and I totally get that, but don't expect people to make this much of a commitment and do it for free. On average I'll spend about 90 minutes at a time doing recordings, before having to then take the time to listen back to everything I said, making notes, then re-recording any lines I've messed up, sometimes having to completely re-record huge sections of audio, do you have any idea just how much effort actually goes in to recording audiobooks and doing it well? I've been recording about 4 hours of audio a week, for the last 9 months, and I'm still not finished reading the whole gone series for my friend, who will more than likely finish the entire series in less than a week.
What I'm getting at here, is if you plan on getting audio off several different people to make this, you're in for a mild logistical nightmare, and I hope you have the effective means to render the audio to be audible, as otherwise it will end up sounding like a mess. You're also going to have to either find people that are happy being incredibly meticulous with their own work for you (which is a hard sell, when you're not paying them) or deal with either 2 scenarios, the first being you end up sending long lists of notes requesting reshoots of certain lines to your actors, the second being you end up having to recast a character and get further delayed due to someone sending you completely unusable audio, and honestly, no one would be happy if they had to reshoot all of their audio because it's not satisfactory (for paying gigs, sometimes, having reshoots and pickups is another pay cheque, as its normally their oversight that's calling you in, so it can be a really good thing).

I've done the "yeah I'll do voice work for anyone/thing" bit in the past, and quite literally I've been guilty of every single aspect I've mentioned before, in fact I've still got about 2 dozen pickups to do for a project, but I'm waiting for the director to get back to me (largely due to me voicing 2 characters, I'm no mel blanc, whenever my characters imitate eachother it's just not quite rabbit/duck season). Maybe I'm just cynical, but I've been around in the VA scene for a few years now, honestly, your best bet, is either find a single actor that is willing to take on the whole project, or do your best to get your book published so the publishing company can pay for the audiobook ;) Honestly, most audiobooks are just read by a single person, and a lot of the time, they don't even throw a whole lot into the voices for characters, one reason I've taken so long with Gone, is that I am literally recording each individual characters lines separately from the narration, so I can give each character their own voice, that's a labour of love, and unless you find someone that really, really loves your work, you don't just get that.
Right, I'm done being the cynical bastard now, good luck with it all ^_^

@RLRL
I appreciate your concern and, quite frankly, I never expected pokécharms to give me any results.
I have another casting call posted on Youtube, where many aspiring voice actors audition for free. I thought about the budget already.
I said Casting Call because there is a chance that you will not be accepted. This is if your audio is complete shite.
I also understand that, if I want this to be widespread and well-known, even earn money off of it, I will need to spend a lot of money. My goal isn't to earn money here; it's to have a good time making a cool project with new people.
I cannot thank you enough, however, for tleling me all of this. If my novel ever gets published, then my god, I will take all of your above advice and use it to the enth degree, until it no longer is usable. Thank you, (wo)man. I really appreciate all of this advice. You can be damn sure I wouldn't ge tit anywhere else.
I wish you good luck on your gigs, too. Hope that audiobook won't be such a hassle for too much longer.