• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Fire team

Hi guys,

I have an event coming up soon where I need an all fire team and I have started EV training for it. I started on Charizard, who is still a Charmeleon. So far stats are as follows:

Lax nature
252D/252SpA/6HP
Flamethrower

Not sure what other moves to give him nor an item. I decided on the SpA EV over Attack because if remained higher than Attack mostly. Note I haven't gotten past 100EV's yet either, training is in progress.

I'd also like suggestion on builds for the rest of the team. Only four have to be actual fire types. I'm thinking of Magmortar, Arcanine, Blaziken and Salamence, so I need one other. And no ubers or legendaries please. Thanks for the help guys.

Themed teams can be a pain to figure out but so much fun in the end.

With your charizard I would propose a neat little moveset that I actually saw in the battle factory a few days ago.

Charizard@White Herb
- Sunny Day
- Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Air Slash/Dragon Pulse/Focus Blast

It makes for a bit of a surprise with sime nice special attack stats and no loss of sp. attk on the first overheat. Make it a bit beefy to help it take that first hit when he sets up the weather and your on your way.

Themed teams can be a pain to figure out but so much fun in the end.

With your charizard I would propose a neat little moveset that I actually saw in the battle factory a few days ago.

Charizard@White Herb
- Sunny Day
- Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Air Slash/Dragon Pulse/Focus Blast

It makes for a bit of a surprise with sime nice special attack stats and no loss of sp. attk on the first overheat. Make it a bit beefy to help it take that first hit when he sets up the weather and your on your way.

Looks nice, and it means I am half way there. Where do you get a White Herb?

From the battle frontier BP stores. A good trick for battle frontier is using the battle factory, it has probably the best time to points ratio for anyone who knows basic battling and type advantages.

With the setup you have so far I would recommend Vaporeon.
it can Haze and has this nice water absorb ability for water attack switch-ins, batonpass+wish for healing purposes and later switch ins and maybe something to buff+ or attack like surf or ice beam maybe?

aqua ring instead of wish could be another option if you have a wall in your team

From the battle frontier BP stores. A good trick for battle frontier is using the battle factory, it has probably the best time to points ratio for anyone who knows basic battling and type advantages.

Yea that's my favourite one and the one I use the most.

[quote author=BigOskarStyle link=topic=6096.msg101419#msg101419 date=1242499037]
With the setup you have so far I would recommend Vaporeon.
it can Haze and has this nice water absorb ability for water attack switch-ins, batonpass+wish for healing purposes and later switch ins and maybe something to buff+ or attack like surf or ice beam maybe?

aqua ring instead of wish could be another option if you have a wall in your team
[/quote]

I was thinking Vaporeon or Leafeon alright.

A grass type move would cover most of your weaknesses, I believe... keep that in mind. Both Eeveelutions you have there are good options.

Leafeon is another good idea. switch into water types and stab them in the face (omg pun)
If you use Sunny Day then the ability is pretty good too.
You could also go for hidden power electric vaporeon.