• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Feraligatr help, please.

My friend has a Totodile and she bred me off one of a Brave nature. So, here was my idea for a move set. I was just, overall, wondering what you all thought of it. I'll do my best to explain why I chose it.

Feraligatr @ Expert Belt / ?
Brave (+atck, -spd)
Waterfall
Avalanche
Earthquake
Brick Break

Waterfall is for STAB. Doesn't it also have the possibility of flinching? That's why I chose it over Aqua Tail; over accuracy, too.
Avalanche - since I'm not going for something entirely fast - for power. And for those nasty Dragons.
Earthquake is pretty self-explanatory. Electrics.
Brick Break was, more or less, a filler. I don't have any fighting-types or fighting-moves on my team, really.

The team in my trainer card, if it's still there, isn't my team anymore.

Your Feraligatr is probably male so breeding may not be easy but Dragon Dance (to replace Brick Break) and an Adamant or Jolly nature would really help. Dragon Dance raises attack and speed--always desirable on a sweeper. So you may want to stick a Fighting type move on another Pokemon because Dragon Dance is so cool. Adamant raises attack but doesn't mess with speed while Jolly raises speed without messing with attack. Ice Punch is another option over Avalanche but it requires breeding too.

Feraligatr is my absolute favorite of the Johto starters. :)

I think the reason Jynx give feraligatr Brave was so Avelanche almost garunteed to gets it power doubled. If thats the case then dragon drance can mess with that. The moveset Carmen Lopez said, will be better for your other moves, since they dont go last most the time. Both sets work well though. Expert Belt is probley the best item for him (unless you like items like life orb or choice band).

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
That's a good attack set... but I have to agree with C Lopez...
If you want it to learn dragon dance, and can't do it yourself (in case it is male) I can help with that myself.

If you do teach it Dragon Dance though, it kind of cancels out Avalanche's double power since it raises speed... that's the only downside I can see to teaching it Dragon Dance.

Here is what can be fixedWaterfall:not bad but not good either.Do consider surf.
Avalanche:strategic but bad if not used wisely.Replace with ice beam.
EQ:great choice
BrBe:Feraligatr is shouting for a Dragon Claw.
Also, you might want replace Exp.Belt with Mystic Water or a Focus Band.
The moveset Jynx said was fine. Why use Surf and Ice Beam with Brave? Avelanche is ok for this set because of brave nature which lowers spd. Also, why Dragon Claw over Brick Break? Brick Break gives loads more coverage.

Feraligatr-A better moveset:

Brave (+atck, -spd)
Waterfall/Aqua Tail
Avalanche/Ice Punch
Earthquake
Rock Slide/Swords Dance/Dragon Dance

Only use Ice Punch if you use Dragon Dance.

P

PokeRad

Feraligatr @ Expert Belt / ?
Brave (+atck, -spd)
Waterfall
Avalanche
Earthquake
Brick Break
Waterfall:Not bad but not good either.try Surf.
Avalanche:harmful to u if not used strategically.try ice beam.
EQ:great choice.
BB:Feraligatr is screaming for dragon claw.

Also consider giving your poke'mon a focus band or mystic water.

I think he's going for a Physical Feraligator, so thats why he's using Waterfall.

LoN_Colossus: Please try to post more than a sentence or two. Try to help with multiple sentences instead of just one.

Pokerad: Please give a reason why to use the following attacks you suggested. Just by typing stuff doesn't help. And to set things straight, Feraligatr has a considerably higher Attack than Special Attack.

There is no need for Dragon Claw on Feralgatr, Ice Punch/Ice Fang works effectively. Dragon Dance or Crunch can be used over Brick Break if you need more coverage on your team.

Plapti, you're always to the rescue on my boards/threads/whateveryouwanttocallthems for some reason.
But I chose brick break mainly because I didn't have much use of a fighting Pokemon. My friends and I usually do 3-on-3 battles, and that's usually one of my rules over Wi-Fi. It's more interesting for me, seeing THEIR six Pokemon and then we each only get to choose three. Of course, they see mine, too. It's reminiscent of Emerald. :)

Thank you for your suggestions, though! I'll definitely keep them in mind.