• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Favourite Move

What's your favourite Pokemon move and why?
Mines Metronome. It's my favourite because the move will always come out unexpected.

Hyper Beam 'cause the animation's nice..
Doom Desire. I just love the name.
All the Order moves. Because they're exclusive to Vespiquen, and Vespiquen only.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Earthquake for sure. Powerful, great accuracy, great for double battles when set up properly, and using it with STAB is just deadly. I've abused that attack for multiple generations and still find myself doing it in this gen :3

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Okay, it may be a big coincidence, but I also like earthquake. Strong move, and it's great when you're in a double battle, as long as your other pokemon has either fainted, or has levitate, or is a flying type (and the move Gravity hasn't been used, or your Pokemon isn't holding the Iron Ball). And I can kill all the rock and steel Pokemon, and be almost 100% sure that it'll hit, thanks to its high accuracy rate. And the hardest type for me to kill? Rock and steel for some reason.

As for the runner-up... I'll have to say Crunch. Why? Because I have no dark-type Pokemon on my team, so the only way I can defeat Ghost-types and Psychic types is with the awesome move... crunch. Plus the fact that most, as in most, pure-psychic types have horrid defence, so crunch pwns at times like those. And crunch is actually quite strong. So I like it.

Extreme Speed is SO Fun!
Fire Blast is fun too, although the acccuracy is annoying... etleast it's always looked cool.
And Cruch Claw is very fun too.

Hehehe...U-Turn all the way. A choice Banded U-Turn hurts alot. being able to now truly do a hit and run is pure win and awesomeness. I'm always punshing Psychic/Dark Pokemon with Pokemon that would never normally stay in. I'm already starting to over-abuse the attack. Some many uses too. 20 PP to hit and run and switch to a counter. Or go in for a One Hit KO on lots common of Pokemon that have weak defenses.

Runner up is Surf. The only good Water attack asdie from Water Pulse. Combine it with Water Absorb and we've got a sweeping wall action in a double battle.

My favorite would be Aura Sphere. Lucario's signature move never misses and has massive power when combined with stab.

Runner up would be Shadow punch for same reason. Never missing is simply lovely against psychics.

my favorite moves have already been stated (Aura Sphere, Surf, and EarthQuake) but I also quite enjoy Brick Break, just because most pokemon can use it, and because it gets rid of those annoying Reflects/Light Screens

I gotta go with Toxic, such a huge help in-game when you come up in a tough fight. And lots of fun in competition with annoyers :D

second would have to be Psychic, great stable move.

Normally, I'd say Spore, just because guaranteed sleep (unless there's a chesto/lum berry or Insomnia) is a very handy thing in forcing a switch or getting some free hits in. Unfortunately, since very few Pokemon can use it, it's kind of become a bit too predictable.

So I'll go with Confuse Ray. A wide range of Pokemon can use it, and Own Tempo/Tangled Feet aren't common abilities in the usual set of metagame champions. If the enemy is hurting themselves instead of you, that's a very good thing. It helps glass cannons and brick walls alike -- what's not to love?

I have to admit I kind of like Meteor Mash, too. A super-strong Steel move that can also boost your attack. Only two evolutionary lines learn it. Unfortunately, while one of these is king (coughClefablecough) the other is METAGROSS *fistshake* so I can't call it the best.

I love Thunderbolt so much and I like to call it T-Bolt. Meteor Mash is also a favorite of mine and it should have been kept a Metang/Metagross exclusive move because the two other Pokemon that can use it who shall remain nameless do it absolutely no justice whatsoever.

I also love Aura Sphere as well. I believe it is the strongest of "nevermiss moves." I was finally able to see Doom Desire in action when my Togekiss used Metronome and it was teh hotness. Night Slash and Waterfall are just satisfying to use and I have no idea why.

Toxic and Toxic Spikes are cool because I like to (badly) posion opponents. So Cross Poison and Poison Fang is on the list too.
I have so many moves that I like so I'll be back.

I like Draco meteor, it just looks great, and speaking of dragon moves, spacial rend looks really cool in the latest Pokemon film, and i was glad to see they made it similar in Battle Revolution.
:]
First post, woooooh (Y)

Meteor Mash is also a favorite of mine and it should have been kept a Metang/Metagross exclusive move because the two other Pokemon that can use it who shall remain nameless do it absolutely no justice whatsoever.
Meet me at the flagpole after school. >:T
I got a bone to pick with you.

And speaking of bones... Bonemerang deserves mention here. Exclusive move belonging to a certain favourite evolution line of mine, just as strong as EQ, and it wrecks Substitutes. The accuracy's not as good as EQ, but my point stands. This move. It's superb.

Hey, What? No love for Thunder Wave whatsoever? Come on. Everyone benefits from it (Except the opponent). Useable in almost every situation.

And a sweet looking ROck-Type move in Power Gem? How could Rock-Type attacks be better?

Yes, Aura Sphere is the most powerful never miss move next to Trump Card which has varing Power (150 Base Power on the Last PP).

I think I may like Extrasensory more than Psychic because after all it also has decent power and better PP than Psychic and the animation is better.
Dark Pulse has the coolest sound effects of any move in any game. Wooooooooooooooooo Spooooooooooooky.

Meet me at the flagpole after school. >:T
I got a bone to pick with you.

Fine with me I will defend Metagross's honor to the end. Fufufufufu! (Sorry couldn't resist adding that weird laugh)

I've never really thought about it.

I'd have to say Magnitude for now, seeing as how it's the only two I can think of using all the time. Magnitude is essentially the newbie version of Earthquake. At 30 PP, and a fair amount of damage (given you can strike anything above 6, which I normally tend to do) It works wonders when you're playing through the game and have yet to obtain its big brother, Earthquake.

I would have to say Judgement, because it is dependent on which plate you have on the pokemon, which come who doesnt want an atteck that can be all types?

I also like Roar of Time. Such a powerful move for a Dragon pokemon.

My favorite move would have to be flamethrower because it does a lot of damage,almost always hits, and it looks cool. Whats not to love? :)

70bd4b1b226d473fd33acb3d42469535.png

Last edited by a moderator: