• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Favourite Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time Attack-Items (Spoilers?)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
When I first started the game I was a bit put off by its heavy reliance on button combinations and precision, but as the game progressed and new attack-items popped up I realized how fun some of them were. For a game with a simple, but humorous, plot, the gameplay rocked ;D

At times the going was tough, but attack-items pulled me through (especially for the final battles). I liked a lot of them, but I have a few choice faves.

Mix Flowers, while expensive and button-hitting intensive, made the last few areas of the game a breeze. Slap on the Ulti-Free Badge and you can cream everything you come up against with Mix Flower after Mix Flower. They were especially useful during the second-final boss' second form.

Red/Green Shells were also fun when taking out single, non-boss enemies. Easy to use, and effective. I could never get the baby spin down, though, so I tended to ignore it :p

But shoving those items aside... My top favourite was definitely Trampolines. I had the Big POW Badge on Mario for most of the game and got really good at using trampolines, so I was averaging 300-600 damages an item on boss battles (depending on how many lucky hits I landed). The best part about the item was that it appeared rather early on in the game but stayed useful the whole way through ^^

All in all, awesome game. Now I plan to go back to the original and actually beat it.

My favorite is by far Cannonballers. I find it a lot simpler to use than the Trampoline, and since I average about the same on both, I usually go with Cannonballers. :p

A close second is the Ice Flower - it's very useful on some bosses (second-final boss's first form) that can have their stats dropped. I'm horrible at dodging, so making them weak is my best option. ::)

Of course, the Mix Flower is awesome, but I tend not to use it terribly often. Dunno why.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
My favorite is by far Cannonballers. I find it a lot simpler to use than the Trampoline, and since I average about the same on both, I usually go with Cannonballers. :p

Those were my choice item at first - easy to use and did big damage - but once trampolines showed up I stopped using Cannonballers altogether (until the second last battle, that is). In my case, I was doing double or more damage with trampolines compared to cannonballers ;)

I'm horrible at dodging, so making them weak is my best option.

Heh... Good to know I wasn't the only one who sucked at that. Sometimes I could hit/dodge everything. Other times... Might as well have been standing still wearing a target sign ^^;

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
One you get good at the Mix Flower, you need nothing else. For real. It's kinda cheap that way.

I did get pretty good with it (if 350-450 damages is good), but I was still doing more against a single enemy with the trampoline.

Like I said, though, that last level was a breeze because of Mix flowers ^^