• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Empoleon Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an empoleon that gets wrecked (killed mostly) by groung type moves, before it has a chance to attack, because of its crappy speed. Also, three other of my pokemon - infernape, lucario and dialga - are vunrable to ground type attacks as well. Because of this, im going to change my empoleon to a pokemon that dosent have a ground weakness.
These are the pokemon ive thought of so far:

Whiscash
Anticipation
Leftovers
Adamant/Impish
Waterfall
Earthquake
Zen Headbutt
Stone Edge/Rock slide (if I can get another stone edge tm ill use stone edge)

Swampert
Torrent
Leftovers
Adamant/Impish
Waterfall
Earthquake
Hammer Arm/Brick Break/Avelanche/Stone Edge/Rock Slide (not sure wich)
Curse/one of the moves above that isnt being used

Starmie
Natural Cure
Wise Glasses?
Modest/Timid
Surf
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

Lapras
Water Absorb
Leftovers
Modest/Bold
Surf
Ice beam
Thunderbolt
Psychic

There the pokemon, please give me advice on the movesets, which of them I should use, and any other water type pokemon wich qould be good to use (that dont have a weakness to ground)

[attachment deleted by admin]

What was your Empoleon's main role on your team?
Swampert can take Physcial Hits nicely while Starmie and Gyarados can easily destroy the other Player's team. Swampert has a decent attack as well and Starmie and Gyarados have goopd speed.

And is this in game or Competeive.

For Swampert, go with this:
Swampert@Leftovers
Impish
-Earthquake
-Waterfall/Rest
-Avalanche
-Stealth Rock/Curse

Earthquake and Avalanche have pretty good coverage. Waterfall can provide STAB if you use Stealth ROck. Go with Curse and Rest if you want to use Curse.

For Starmie
Starmie@Choice Specs/Expert Belt/Wise Glasses
Timid/Modest
-Surf
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam

Surf and Psychic give STAB.
THunderbolt and Ice Beam give great coverage.

Gyarados@Lefovers/Life Orb
Adamant
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge/Ice Fang

Dragon Dance to get your sweep up.
The attacking moves: Waterfall, Earthquake, and Ice Fang are resisted by nothing but a Surskit. Stone Edge is handy for more power and attakcs on Ice, Flying, and Fire.

Hope that helped.

This is compettiteve, and empoleon role was ... a special sweeper, but I wanted to have a psyical sweeper because I have two other special sweepers (Dialga and Roserade) and one mixed sweeper (lucario), I also wanted a pokemon with high defence. The only reason I mentioned Lapras and Starmie is because they can learn thunderbolt (I dont have a pokemon on my team with an electric move), as well as Ice beam and Surf wich my empoleon has. Also, do you use moves like curse when the pokemon is first sent out (I dont normally use stat raising/lowering moves). One last thing; where do you get the expert belt? But still, thank you for your advice.

Maybe you should go with a Mixpert then. You get the hit of a special attack as well as the back up of Swamperts big attck.

Swampert @ Leftovers:
Ice beam
Surf/ hydro pump
protect/ stealth rock
earthquake

The ice move is for dragons and those darn grass types.
Surf would be better on your fellow ground types as they usually have better defense.
Protect to scout any big attacks.
And Earthquake for an impressive and useful stab.

:]

Status
Not open for further replies.