• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Dripping Shadows

Jango looked to Dusk, and pondered on her request. After a moment of thinking, he let out a sigh of submission. "If you truly think it would be for the best, I will." His ears perked up, however, upon hearing a new voice. He turned, his left eye facing the shiny Umbreon. He'd hoped his scar would at least scare this one off. "After we see what this one wants." Jango added, before speaking to the Umbreon. "What is it you want?"

"Look, I'm sorry, you can stay here, but- We're in a- um.." she hesitated, searching for the words. "A, uh, situation. And I can't touch or be near others, but I've already made the mistake around them." she flicked her ears towards Ryu and Jango. "And frankly I'd rather not 'contaminate' any others."
she explained briefly, her eyes studying the ground awkwardly. She wasn't used to talking to other Pokemon, she was always kept in separate areas for studies. So her explanations were brief and stumbling and awkward.
"S-sorry."
Dusk stiffened. An Umbreon. Were all her possible future forms gonna come join the party? She tensed.
"If you want to stay I suggest you stay on the other side." she muttered quietly.

Glen looked at the Mightyena's scar, and his eyes widened in mock surprise. "Oh, wow. Look at the scar. It does indeed scare the bejeebus out of me, that's for sure. But, I'm going to answer your question with another question. Why do you assume I want something? Are you guys on edge for some reason? And what's this stuff about 'contamination'?"

Jango chuckled. "It's actually kinda funny. When I don't want my scar to scare others off, they run like the wind, but now that I actually want people to leave, it doesn't work." He let out another chuckle, before facing the Umbreon with both of his eyes. "To answer your question, night time is coming around quick, and you've just entered a cave. An adequate place to spend the night. It would make sense that you came here looking for shelter for the night. We have our reasons for being on edge. If you want to stay, Dusk said you can, so you may. If not, then you may leave. And honestly, we don't understand much about the contamination ourselves. All we know is that it comes from making physical contact with another contaminated Pokemon, A.K.A., us." Jango then turned around and headed for the moss near Ryu. "Let me know if they try something, Dusk."

"Hey if this keeps up, the entire forest will take refuge in this place," Casey said jokingly. He has already established his area for himself and the Heracross baby. "Hey I have a question. What are your guys' names? Should I be concerned or anything with this 'contamination'? And why are you guys so..... protective, I guess? Sorry I don't mean to pry, I'm just curious.l

Caesar's ears perked as he heard a conversation from below. He slowly opened his eyes and stretched from his brief nap. He looked below, his curiosity getting the best of him. In his clumsiness, he lost his balance and as he began to lose his balance, the flame on his tail caught a branch.

"Aaah!" Caesar screamed as he fell from his branch, hanging onto it by only one hand. He struggled to reach with his other hand to grasp it, but the growing blaze from the limb began to glow bright as it spread from leaf to leaf, limb to limb. Caesar looked in fear at what he's caused. "This is why I'm no good!" He thought to himself, his sudden and terrible mistake reminding him of his past trainer's awful words. As he looked into the sky, he noticed it was deformed. Breaking apart. The sheer terror hit Caesar as his face went pale from horror, and he blacked out, falling and hitting the ground with a thud as the tree slowly began to burn.

Glen shrugged. "Whatever. If you want me to, I can stay on the other side. And also, just in case you think I'm not that bad, the name's Glen. Nice to meet you all." He yawned once more and walked inside the cave, laying down in a secluded corner a good 5 meters away from everyone else. "Well, good night, all."

(OOC: Holy Moltres, I missed a lot :-O Well, I'll try to work with everything that happened here.)

BIC: Within the mind of the sleeping Riolu was a dream. Ryu was dreaming of a wide open field, with flowers spread about and the sun shining gently. Ryu was playing with Dusk and having a grand time. But as all good things must end eventually, the mood soon turned sour, as the sunlight dimmed and the wind picked up. However, the wind wasn't the only thing that picked up; the two saw some figures approaching them. Alarmed, Ryu stood up to try to protect her, but upon the figures coming within closer range, it was discovered that they were humans; the same humans that they were being chased by not too long ago. They had pushed Ryu aside, knocking him over, and had taken Dusk with them as they ultimately left. Ryu chased after them, but was stopped by one of the human's Pokemon. A Houndoom. Ryu cowered in fear as he backed away from the snarling Pokemon, but right before he decided to bolt, the Houndoom jumped at him for a Crunch attack.

"Gyaah!" Ryu screamed as he woke up, sitting up in a cold sweat. Shaking in fear, he looked around to see the familiar cave he fell asleep in, along with the same familiar faces he fell asleep to, but this time there were some not-so-familiar faces. He looked over to the side of the cave to see an Umbreon sleeping in the corner, and a Jolteon with a baby Heracross. Seeing that he just woke up, he was too discombobulated to comprehend exactly what was going on. He looked over at Dusk as he thought about asking her what was going on, but as he yawned he noticed that the air inside the cave grew a bit stale, so he instead decided to get up - which was hard enough as it was - and go outside for some fresh air.

Ryu had gone out to the lake for the fresh air he yearned for. He knelt down and splashed the cold water in his face to wake him up. It certainly did the trick, as he looked around and noticed that those blasted humans weren't there anymore, so he thought it was somewhat safe to go out for a walk. He made his way around the lake and over to the area he started off in, breathing in the fresh air of the forest. However, he heard what sounded like something was burning. He looked around, and saw some light through some trees. He walked over to where the light was coming from, and what he saw, he couldn't really say surprised him, especially after the nightmarish dream he just woke up from.

He saw what his ears had suggested; a tree burning in flames as orange as his own scarf. As he looked up at the burning tree, something caught his eye from below; at the bottom of the tree laid a Monferno, unconscious from falling out of the tree, most likely. He went over to the Monferno to get a better look at him, but upon doing so he was met with the intense heat of the tree fire, so he instead decided to drag the Monferno away from the tree so he wouldn't be bombarded by the heat of the fire. However, grabbing the Monferno was but another mistake of the many that Ryu has made; in his half-asleep-half-awake state, he forgot about the whole "contamination" fiasco.

He inspected the Monferno, realizing (for lack of better word) that he was unconscious. He reached over towards the Monferno's face and lightly slapped a cheek. "Hello?" He whispered to him. A few seconds passed as nothing happened, and he lightly slapped him a few more times. "Are you okay?" He asked him, hoping he'd wake up after that.

Last edited: