• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Doc, I've come down with a case of the newbies, help me out mang!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah.. I suck0rs @ Pokemon. ^^

I'm stuck at Norm, and I'm feeling to lazy to travel half-way around the globe to catch a fighting type, then lvl it to 25, so lets see what my other options are. Here is a list of my current party, their lvls/stats and moveset. Remember, I've only just obtained my 4th badge, so I'm only nearing 30 (though, none yet).

If you would be so kind, I would appreciate anyone who could post some changes that I could make to my team, whether it be new moves, or replacement pokemon. I'm new to this Hoen thing, and so I didn't know which ones were any count. ^^()

Current Party:

----------
Swellow Lvl27
Silk Scarf
---
Hp:77
Atk:55
Def:46
Sp.Atk:36
Sp.Def:33
Spd:78
---
Wind Attack
Steel Wing
Secret Power
Quick Attack
---------

---------
Marshtomp Lvl29
Quick Claw
---
HP:85
Atk:52
Def:46
Sp.Atk:48
Sp.Def:51
Spd:41
---
Tackle
Foresight
MudShot
WaterGun
---------

---------
Torkoal Lvl26
None
---
HP:76
Atk:55
Def:77
Sp.Atk:56
Sp.Def:51
Spd:17
---
Ember
Body Slam
Strength
OverHeat
---------

---------
Kirlia Lvl27
Macho Brace
---
HP:65
Atk:37
Def:27
Sp.Atk:44
Sp.Def:43
Spd:42
---
Shock Wave
Psychic
Calm Mind
Teleport
---------

---------
Nuzleaf Lvl26
Blackglasses
---
Hp:79
Atk:46
Def:27
sp.Atk:48
Sp.Def:33
Spd:44
---
Rock Smash (its the shiznet?)
Bullet Seed
Fake Out
Cut
---------

---------
Trapinch Lvl23 (Recent Catch)
Exp. Share
---
Hp:59
Atk:56
Def:32
Sp.Atk:24
Sp.Def:29
Spd:11
---
Bite
Sand-Attack
Faint Attack
---------​

Yeah....I know... I suck.. and I need help.. so someone, anyone, give it!

I reccomend starting your match with nuzleaf, use fake out to annoy his slaking on the first turn, then pray that rock smash lowers its defence while its loafing around. The general rule for fighting his slakings are to use status moves while they are loafing around, for instance use calm mind on your kirlia or sand attack from trapinch on those turns. Try using torkoal on the vigoroth, once its paralysed with a body slam it shouldn't be too hard to take down. The last slaking is easier than the first due to its predominant use of focus punch so just remember to attack on the turns it will attack and stat build/status on the other turns.

Something else to mention. I'm playing Emerald ^^

Also, THANKS RLRL, that sounds like a great strat! I'm going to try it!

Status
Not open for further replies.