• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Did Santa not know she was on the Good List this year...?

Her heart beating in her chest, her face frightful and her voice somehow managing to go missing. Izzy had started with two pokemon, azurill and cyndaquil. Azurill could not fight now, too kind hearted and easily frighten to fight off the heard of angry Stantlers. How was she supposed to know that they weren't friendly? Did Santa not know she made the "good list" this year or what? Either way she was stuck in a tree with Stantler ramming the tree with pure rage.
"Come on Izzy think," She told herself digging through her backbag for something useful but didn't see anything. The more the tree wobbled and shook the more panic and adrenaline rushed through her veins. "Why can't you guys just go away?!" She yelled at them, her last resort before her voice broke and her eyes became glassy. "No Iz, we are going to get out of this... we just need to think..." It was not an uncommon sight to see Izabella talk to herself, especially in stressful situations like this. She wiped her eyes before climbing a little higher to keep away from the raging Stantler, "Is it mating season or something?" She asked herself watching the Stantler with less panic but with more anger. She was not happy with the idea of being cornered, trapped, with no escape.

(Hope you don't mind if I jump in!)

Hiro was traveling down the road with no intention of fighting or doing any other sort of work today. It was his day off today, and he intended for it to stay that way. But, he unfortunately heard some type of pokemon ramming into a tree. He groaned and got up. If someone didn't stop the wild pokemon soon, it would knock the tree down and continue on to the next. Eventually, someone would end up hurt.

He saw that it was some Stantler. He sighed and looked up in the tree. He saw a girl hanging on to the tree.

"Crap!" was his response. He threw a pokeball, "Go Swampert!" His Swampert appeared and it took a fighting stance, "Water gun on the Stantler now!"

The Swampert listened and did what it was instructed to do. Direct hit on one of the Stantler. "Good one! Now use tackle on the other!"

His Swampert did so and the Stantler scurried off. He went under the tree and looked up. She had an Azurill and a Cyndaquil with her also. "You're safe now!" he shouted up to her.

Izzy blushed rosey red as she made her way down. Cyndaquil snickering the whole way down. "Chut up," She hissed at her cyndaquil as she sort of nudged Joker to make him fall but he didn't. He simply used the nudge to go down another branch before making a nice thud on the ground. Azurill(nicknamed Rilla) sort of laughed at that since she simply bounced her way down. "uff" she landed not like a ninja like she imagined but on her knees to absorb impact.
"Thank you." Izzy said rather quietly. She was not used to manners so when using them she felt more awkward than sincere. "Grazie, gracias, merci, danke," She started saying thank you in Italian, Spanish, French, then German to show her appreciation in many different languages. It was already awkward for her so what did it matter?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
OOC: Quality is becoming an issue in this thread very quickly. These rather short, blocks of text for posts will not do. I get that the thread is supposed to be humorous and not deep, but this just isn't how we RP here. If you want to see this left open, improve your posts and put more detail into them (read the rules if you haven't already and view other topics for examples of how to post). Otherwise, this will be locked.

OOC: Quality is becoming an issue in this thread very quickly. These rather short, blocks of text for posts will not do. I get that the thread is supposed to be humorous and not deep, but this just isn't how we RP here. If you want to see this left open, improve your posts and put more detail into them (read the rules if you haven't already and view other topics for examples of how to post). Otherwise, this will be locked.

((Excuse my illiteracy. I will fix my next post to what I see as PokeCharms standards. Would you mind joining us Linkachu? You would surely be an excellent example for us (since the post was not just at me but to everyone in the thread) would you not?

Let me explain myself. I am a former roleplayer on Neopets and there I am restricted by word counts and annoying sensors for certain words found not suitable for children. I will step it up a level. That I can say without hesitation.))

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
OOC: Heh. Bad Neopets. XP Here if you want to write longer posts, take full advantage of it.

And I'll have to turn down your offer, sorry. If what you've said is true, I look forward to your future replies. If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me them. I'll see what I can do to help.

(Well, my condition is, my parents have banned me from RP websites, but as soon as summer hits, I'll be unbanned. So I can't do long posts like I used to, but I will try and do long posts. I am only technically aloud on weekends. Sorry for the short posts though.)

This girl Hiro just rescued started to say thank you in different languages. He pot Swampert back into it's pokeball. "It's okay, really. Swampert needed some exercise anyways." He didn't really know what else to say. It was suppose to be his day off anyway, why should he have to think?

"My name is Hiro by the way," he introduced himself. He felt a pokeball start to shake. It was Aggron's pokeball. He grabbed it and tried to make sure he didn't get out. One hand was definitely not enough. This pokemon was tough to keep down.

Eventually, Hiro couldn't hold on any longer. The pokeball flew open and the Aggron escaped. "Great. Just what I need on my alleged day off." He threw out a pokeball,"Ninetales go!" He threw another pokeball, "Swapert, let's finish this!" Swampert and Ninetales appeared.

This was a regular routine for Hiro. His Aggron would escape and he would have to use his other two pokemon to put it down. "Swampert water gun! Ninetales bite!" The two pokemon did their attacks and Hiro commanded them to do the same one more time. The Aggron collapsed and Hiro put him back in his pokeball.
'What a great way to meet a new friend. Having to take down your own pokemon.

He turned to the girl, "Sorry about that. My Aggron is still in need of some major training. Anyways, my name is Hiro Aisu, once again." He smiled at her, "What's your name?"

Izzy winced at the sight, she did not know enough about Pokemon but knew enough to know that Ninetales was a fire type and used a close range attack while Swampert used a water type move with a long range attack. In her slightly over active imagination she saw Ninetales as a glorious flame being tortured by the water of Swampert. She looked toward her own Pokemon, both studying the battle with intent. So much so that Joker had actually lit aflame!

Izzy then was brought back to reality, one that did not bend to her will and one that refused to aid her; that is, on every other day. She had assistance today, and Joker was not laughing at her misery (at the moment).

"Oh uh, my name is Izzy." She said with a half smile and arched eyebrows like a student caught without the answer to a question. Her ocean blue eyes analyzed her surroundings before explaining herself. "You see, I uh, was sort of looking to fill my team when I ran into the Stantlers...." She trailed off imagining the rage in the eyes of the Alpha Male. She shivered before continuing.

"Anyway... thank you." Izzy had remembered as quickly as the words escaped her she was repeating herself. "Your Ninetales is beautiful by the way," A small flash back of the battle occurred which made her look at Joker.

Note to Self: Do not team up fire and water types

Hiro looked back at Ninetales, "Thanks. Your Cyndaquil seems to enjoy laughing a bit." He looked at the little Cyndaquil. He knew Cyndaquil's to be the mischievous type of pokemon.

When she made the comment about filling up her team Hiro frowned, "Don't be in a rush to fill your team up. Just work with the pokemon you have right now. That's how my pokemon are all evolved and trained. Well, except for the Aggron. He's just gonna be a pain to train, but I always enjoy a challenge."

He smiled at the girl named Izzy. "And, your welcome by the way. I like training and all, but, we all need a day off sooner or later and those Stantler interrupted my day off. But, it's fine." He smiled once more. He didn't want the girl to think he didn't want to save her from the herd of Stantler.

That herd was going to do some damage though. This girl looks like she just started out too. Her pokemon look new also. She wasn't going to stop them. Maybe I could help her a bit with training.

He looked at the pokemon she had out. A Cyndaquil and an Azurill.

"Well," he started, "you need help with training? You look kind of new to the world away from home." He tried not to sound rude or mean. He just wanted to help Izzy out.

((Azurill is the pre-evolution to merill by the way. Azumarill and Azurill sound so much alike ::) It gets confusing sometimes))

"Would you guess that is how he got the name Joker?" Izzy chucked watching her Pokemon intently. They were both curious judging by their expressions but Izzy thought Joker had something planned. Something evil. Or she could be overreacting... or being paranoid.... or anything actually. Izzy knew better than to judge Pokemon with only a week's worth of "quality time."

"No offense or anything but I think you would cream me." Izzy, at the thought of being wounded in battle, made a three hundred sixty degree spin searching for her over the shoulder bag full of potions and berries... and her sister's pokeblock. "Allí! Rilla!" Izzy pointed to her blue and green bag that was hooked on the same branch she was formerly at.

"Oh, excuse me." Izzy apologized for speaking in Spanish again. "You see, Azurill was a gift from my sister, Chrystal. She found little Rilla in a Spanish country... I forget where but anyway, my sister speaks mostly Italian so having a Spanish Pokemon did not work well for her." Izzy finally remembered to breathe when Rilla dropped her bag in front of her feet with a high bounce wanting Izzy to catch her. She did hugging Rilla close in appreciation before letting her bounce off to rejoin Joker.

(oops, ok, i fixed it...:))

Hiro kind of laughed a bit. She made a comment about how he would probably cream her. He smiled and replied, "No, nothing like that. Just to help you. My Swampert and I will be easy though. The more experience each pokemon get, will help them get to the next stage of the evolutionary process." He re-thought the sentence he just said. It made him seem like an expert for that brief moment in time.

"Swampert, go!" he threw his pokeball and the Swampert appeared once more. Swampert came by his side. Hiro turned to him, "Alright Swampert, if Izzy decides to battle with us, you have to let up a bit on your power. Her pokemon are a little new at this, so this is just to gain experience. Got it?"

The Swampert seemed to nod in acknowledgment. Hiro smiled at his Swampert and turned to Izzy, "Alright, you saw him agree to the terms. So, would you like to gain some experience? Or not?"

He said the last sentence kind of harshly. It was his way of training his pokemon. Kind of like telling them to 'bring it on'. He wouldn't go to far with his sort of teasing ways with the new trainer. He thought that would be going way to far. But, if the girl refused, he would just have to challenge her to a real battle, and go full force on her and her pokemon. He didn't want to, but who could refuse a challenge? It was gaining experience and learning what would help the two opponents get better with their training.

"So," he said once more, "what's it going to be?" He smiled a half smile, almost tempting and teasing at once.

Izzy grinned nervously as she looked toward her pokemon. Each reminding her of her siblings she had not seen since Christmas. Christmas seemed so long ago at that moment when really it was only a few months. She sighed in remembrance.

Her eyes seemed to daze for a split second as she imagined what her siblings would say. She knew right off the bat what Chrystal would say. Take a chance, what is it going to hurt?

She smiled agreeing with her sister but Izzy was not paying attention to Joker. He was in front of Izzy seeming to be ready for battle with his "back burners" smoking, not yet lit.

So, what's it going to be?

Izzy was instantly reminded of her brother Lance, and how he would push her to surpass her own expectations. She did not have limits that others had. She did not worry about scrapes and cuts like normal kids did, but then again she did worry about one thing, going to the hospital. If she got stitches of broke a bone that was worse than not coming home that night. Not that that happened often, she just simply fell asleep gazing at the stars… her presence was not even missed.

"I accept," Izzy arched her eye brow. Almost as though it were a cue, Joker lit up with red and orange flames ready to fight. "Just don't expect much." With that Izzy's Cyndaquil aimed a small fire dart at her feet that Izzy had to jump to dodge. She could not blame him however, being offended was not a crime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Her Cyndaquil threw a little ball of fire at her feet.

She doubted his power, that's how pokemon and master do not end up getting along.

"Alright then," he started, "I need to tell you something. Rule one of training: Don't doubt your pokemon's power. You need to be confidant in each one of your pokemon." He looked at the tiny pokemon, "No matter how small."

He remembered getting his Swampert as a little Mudkip. He was the tiniest starter at Birch's Lab, but he took it anyways. He grew found of it fast and never doubted what he could do. It was an important lesson to learn quickly.

He backed up a few steps and Swampert stepped in front of him. He smiled, "Are you ready to battle?" He almost shouted it to her. The girl would at least have to work to get her needed experience, and Hiro was not going to go easy on her either. Well, to easy. He would dodge and hit a few times, but wouldn't do it so many times that it would kill the little pokemon of all it's health and spirit.

He thought about a strategy quickly, Dodge and don't hit to many times and not that hard. Let her hit a few times, but make her miss too. Let her also dodge a few attacks. Make sure Swampert won't go to over board with this whole going easy thing either. Lack of work is lack of skill and I definitely won't have that.

Don't doubt your pokemon's power
Izzy was close to letting her sassy mouth get the better of her but bit her lower lip. She asked for experience and that is what she is going to get.

A big bad water type against a tiny fire type. A disadvantage from the start. Izzy looked from Joker to Swampert, thinking Swampert's battle with Stantler… and Ninetales. How fearsome the battle was and how easily it could turn out like that with Joker.

He's already yelling… or is he pumped? Izzy thought almost puzzled but that did not last long. Her attention span not being as great as she thought, she even grinned about it as she thought of a reply that seemed almost professional or mature even.

"Why yes," Izzy said as her grin taking a rather mischievous appeal. "I think I am." Izzy glanced at Rilla who was jumping up and down being rather excited about the tone of Izzy's voice. Mischief and Izzy went well together and even Rilla knew something exciting was about to happen.

Does Rilla even know what I'm saying? Izzy asked herself… her attention span was getting the best of her again, that wasn't good.

The Cyndaquil looked excited to fight. Izzy still looked a little indifferent about the idea though. He looked at the Cyndaquil, then at Swampert. Swampert definitely had the advantage hands down. He's bigger and water-type.

"Alright," Hiro yelled to Izzy, "This is practice only. I will not go full-force, so don't be afraid to use everything you have."

Swampert looked back at him. He smiled at Swampert and whispered to him, "Just go easy on the little pokemon. Okay? His trainer is new, so, we're helping them train and gain experience." Swampert didn't look to happy about the idea of going easy on anyone, but he would follow Hiro's directions. He was his trainer and he would listen to him no matter what.

Hiro waited for Izzy to yell a command to the Cyndaquil, but she just stood there. He got tired of waiting and decided to take some action himself, "Water gun Swampert!"

The giant pokemon blew water out of its mouth. It hurled toward the tiny pokemon. Hiro hoped that Izzy would get out of her blankness and do something to avoid the attack. If not, Cyndaquil would get hit hard. You can back down on level of intensity you battle at, but you can't back down on how hard your pokemon hits.

Izzy's mind went blank before her reflexes and memories came into place. The sudden pressure was a different kind of rush for Izzy. Sure there was the rush of "daring" or "breaking a rule" but this was different. She was not alone in the battle and Joker relied on her… or so she thought.

Without saying a word Joker began to dig underground to escape the water attack. Izzy was somewhat surprised seeing Joker's independence then looked to Hiro. "Is that supposed to happen?" Izzy can imagine wild Pokémon doing that, or even Pokémon that had extreme well trained masters do that and neither of the two fitted this scenario.

Either way Joker was underground and out of sight. Is he going to come out? Izzy asked herself; Or rather Azurill in her subconscious. Rilla stopped bouncing in curious anticipation as she searched the battle field for Joker. Rilla and Izzy's faces must have looked very similar as Joker sky rocketed at the Sun's light to cast a shadow over Swampert but landed right in front of Swampert's nose.

"Fla…" Izzy was cut off by the sight of Joker sliding on the now slick ground before shooting a flame. It was not very wide but in a narrow spear like shape aimed in Swampert's general direction but not making any contact. Cyndaquil just grinned proudly as the ground around Swampert caved in. It only took it down two feet or so but it was fast handy work for Joker and his pride in it showed like the beaming North Star on an opened sea.

Rilla resumed cheering, happy to see Joker above ground and fight with enough spirit to make it contagious, at least, that is how it looked seeing Rilla jump higher and higher, and screaming for joy and to support him. If anything, Rilla is a great cheerleader, Izzy smiled at the thought as she kept watching the battle, absorbing everything she could from it.

"Jump away from the plot of land now!" Hiro commanded as he saw the tricky Cyndaquil used dig.

Swampert jumped backward from the once solid plot of land. It was now caved in. Hiro smiled at the tiny pokemon's abilities. He was smart, he'd give him that. He looked at Izzy. She looked like she was just cheering him on.

She needs to give her pokemon a command...If he just acts on his own, he could become too independent. He won't take any direction from her. She really is a novice trainer then.

"Swampert, earthquake!" he shouted to the gigantic pokemon. All of a sudden, Swampert raised a giant pokemon basically ground-pounded the ground and it started to shake.

Of course Hiro was used to this by now, but would Izzy be ready for the intense power of the earthquake? What about the Cyndaquil? He wouldn't be able to hide underneath the earth now. It would hit him either way. Plus the after shock. Now the girl would have to command her Cyndaquil to do something. This is what Hiro wants her to learn, well, at least one of the things.

Joker sensed the vibrations in the ground and the cause but did not know how to escape it. Being a "mole" Pokémon this probably was not the first time he saw an earthquake, but then again he is new after all and such a thing just may be foreign to him.

The ground began to shake rather suddenly it seemed to Izzy which had caught her off guard. She feel on her bottom landing with a "humph" Joker grinned at just by the sound. Izzy was soon being frustrated as she pulled a black rubber band off her wrist then tied her shoulder length hair up meaning business. It was only a matter of time before Izzy had to get serious with Joker, but will he listen to an owner that he feels superior to?

"Joe," Izzy shortened his name. "Use the mud to your advantage." Izzy said on her knees trying to stand tall but the ground was not yet sturdy. Joker looked at the slick mud left behind from Swampert's water gun. In that mud Joker found it to be similar as to standing on a playground's seesaw.

"Try harden the mud with some heat." Izzy added feeling a bit more confident with "advising" Joker rather than commanding him. She took a deep breath before standing up right, watching her little Cyndaquil fight against what Izzy would call Nature. Joker did not listen to Izzy however which burst her bubble rather quickly. Instead he attacked Swampert with tackle then grabbed onto Swampert's backside with a bite that almost promised never to let go.

"That works too... I guess?" Izzy looked at Rilla who was too into the battle to pay attention to her. Figures Izzy thought watching the battle somemore.

Hiro liked that Izzy was now participating in the battle, but the stubborn pokemon did not listen and attacked Swampert head on. He tackled then latched onto his back with bite.

Hiro sighed, "Body slam and end it Swampert." Swampert looked back at Hiro with a 'Do you really want me to do that' look. Hiro nodded.

He didn't want to hurt the pokemon, but if the fight went on any longer, the Cyndaquil would go hay-wire. He was not listening to his trainer at all which is a big mistake on both, pokemon, and the trainer's part.

Swampert jumped in mid-air and came down on its back, hard. The Cyndaquil let go and Swampert got up and went back to Hiro. The was to much dust to determine if the Cyndaquil was knocked out or back up yet again. Hiro had hoped that he would be knocked out, for, he didn't want to hurt him any longer.

Hiro returned Swampert to its ball and went around the dust to talk with Izzy, "Look, I don't want to be mean, but I have to tell the truth when it comes to pokemon's, and the trainers, benefit. Your Cyndaquil has a lot of spunk and energy, but if he continues to not listen to you, he will end up like my Aggron. And no one wants that. So, train him more and tighten down on training, or bad things can happen."

Izzy had gone blank seeing Joker take the hit. Her body was practically in shock while her insides screamed in rage. What happened to going easy? What happened to gaining experience? This is not teaching! It is bullying! I know what he did. He played nice, saving a little girl built up his ego just enough to slam a Pokémon in the ground! He built up my trust just to shatter it in a puff of smoke!

As Izzy watched the dust slowly settle, waiting patiently. It was then she began to notice her tear streaked face and her hands balled up into fists. Izzy quickly wiped away the tears and sniffed to avoid letting anyone seeing her cry. She then heard Hiro's voice, apologizing? She would have glared at him if she were not so intent on seeing Joker's mingled body for herself.

"His name is Joker." Izzy said, correcting the fact that Hiro keeping calling him by his species. "He is an individual Hiro, not a genre. Another thing," Izzy was bring rather quiet as she spoke, incase she heard Joker do or say anything. "I don't beat my Pokémon to make them listen to me." She remembered Ninetales and Swampert battling Aggron who did not even fight against them! Aggron did nothing to harm them, only to escape. "My Pokémon and I are a team, friends if you will." Izzy looked at the dust cloud, not trying to be dramatic but felt like she was. "What if Aggron does not want to be your Pokémon? If Aggron ran away do you think he would come back?" She questioned him with her voice cracking a little. "I have given Joker the opportunity to run away and he chose not to. Joker had a choice Hiro, did you give any of your Pokémon that much?" It was then her head turned to face him with bloodshot eyes and rosy cheeks and nose to match.

Hiro cringed, "I do not beat my pokemon! First of all, If Aggron went off on his own, I would go find him, you know why? He is apart of my team and always will be! Ninetales and Swampert have been with me my whole life! Which includes the incident. And if you think that, then you're sadly mistaken. All of my pokemon have equal importance." He stopped to take a look at Swampert. He looked big, healthy, and happy, as did all his pokemon, except for Aggron.

"I know the fact that your Cyndaquil is not a 'genre', but I don't give nicknames to my pokemon, I use their real names of what they are. And Aggron isn't trying to escape either. He is a stubborn pokemon." He immediately looked at the Cyndaquil. "He doesn't get it yet. He's a newly evolved pokemon and needs to be taught right from wrong. Kind of like a trainer. They need to know what's right and what's wrong for your pokemon. Like, how your Cyndaquil took your orders. He didn't. That's because your a new trainer and your pokemon, all of them, can feel that. Your feelings and all. If your excited, they'll feel excited. If your angry, they'll feel angry. And the same goes for pokemon to trainer."

He felt angry at her. She said that if he let Aggron go, he probably wouldn't come back. "And if Aggron did want to leave me, I can't stop him. It's his decision to make, not mine. But if he wanted to leave, I would do everything in my power to stop him, but that's the way he feels. It's not that he doesn't like me, it's that he doesn't listen. He doesn't see me as a complete trainer to him yet. He only sees me as a friend right now, but that means he won't listen to me as a trainer."

Izzy's eyes closed as she spoke as she remembered her brother's words when it came to her and her Pokémon. "Joker does not trust me, he does not think I have his best interest when I try to command him." Her voice was calmer to attempt to calm Hiro. She did not mean to make him angry… she was just frustrated. "I am still a beginner," She continued returning Joker to his pokeball. The sight of him, on the ground motionless and weak was a sight that ripped at her soul. "I cannot advise you because that is not what the student does." A saying many of her home school teachers had told her when she argued her point.

"It is not my place," Another quote but from her father mostly. "I will not apologize however; I regret nothing I said because I meant my words." Izzy was going on auto pilot as Rilla began to pace as though she were being punished and could not find a way out.

Izzy breathed slowly with a sniffle. "I am not that foreign to Pokémon, I have older sibling who let me play with their Pokémon when they visited. I have seen a lovable Teddiursa evolve into a raging Ursaring. I'm not stupid, I just do not have personal experience." Izzy placed her minimized pokeball in her pocket then stared at him in the eyes, almost dazed. Izzy felt exhausted which was probably more visible than her lack of emotion, monotone, speech.

Hiro took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He opened his eyes once again and looked at Izzy, "Look, just spending time with pokemon, is way different than training with them. I think you know that by now, and I get that. I also have, or had, an older sibling. I thought it was easy to train pokemon, but when I got my Mudkip, it was painful. But I trained with him everyday. He evolved. Then I got Vulpix. She evolved. Then, they both evolved. I was so happy about that. But, when I caught Aron. He was spunky and wouldn't ever give up a fight. This encouraged me so much. But, when he evolved, he was difficult, but I'm still trying."

He felt a tingle run up his spine. It was probably because of the mentioning of Lucus. He missed him so much. He had been gone for ten years. He closed his eyes, then opened them once more. "Look, I understand your position as a new trainer, but every trainer has to learn something in his or her life. Multiple lessons are learned. Lessons can be learned the easy way, or the hard way. Life is filled with both kinds."

"Now you are speaking in riddles…" Izzy sighed; the abstract analogy of life was too large of a concept for her. Life was confusing to her in itself. Life is time and time is measured in seconds, days, years, decades, centuries, and even millenniums. All of which measured by the sun's rise and fall. There are no other factors. If the sun were gone time could not be counted, but that will never happen.

"Wait, what happened to your sibling?" Izzy caught the hint of heartache in Hiro's voice. She felt bad now. She had made him sad. Wait, how did she do that? Izzy began to recap the conversation did not find anything that would make him upset… unless her being frustrated had upset him.

Izzy looked at Rilla, thinking about how he calls his Pokémon by "their real name." Izzy smiled inside imagining him having multiple Pokémon of the same species. Okay, Swampert One, come on. Wait no, Swampert Three you should come. Wait, when did I have a three? Beautifly fifteen, you should circle the premises, take Zubats Twelve, Nine, Two, and… are you five or two? Five, okay, you guys go too. Izzy's imagination took flight but seemed still in the conversation without missing a beat. Multitasking, a skill she learned at a young age that has benefitted her ever since.

Hiro winced when she asked him about his brother. Should he tell her? Or should he just keep it to himself? Maybe it was a good idea to tell others, maybe if he got it off his chest, he wouldn't be so tense all the time.

He sat on the ground and looked up at her. "Sorry, I have to sit if I'm going to explain." He didn't want to collapse down in tears. "Well, a few years back in Lavender Town, I was playing with my brother. All of a sudden, people started to burn down buildings, including my home. My parents were killed in some cross-fire trying to protect the town."

He sighed and took a deep breath, "A few of the men started to take people. One of them which was my brother. They left me because I was too little to be of any use to them apparently." He pulled out the pokeball that his brother gave him as a kid, "This is all I have left of him now. This is like, his first pokeball he ever got. He found it in the tower and it is so old, it wouldn't open. It was special to him, but he gave it to me."

He didn't feel any different after telling her about what happened. He felt the same. His brother could be dead or alive. Who knows? It had been four years since the incident. He was technically suppose to be 18 now, but who knew?

When Hiro sat down Izzy followed naturally without thinking. Upon sitting cross-legged Rilla jumped into her lap anticipating a good story. As the story went on Izzy's imagination took hold of it and wrapped it with the silver signature of Izabella Delate.

In her imagination she imagined a small Hiro, about six, still having the fairly large cheeks of childhood and the unkempt hair of a day of play. She had a little trouble imagining Hiro's brother however; she did not even know his name. She just pictured him as Hiro with a more angled chin and sharper nose. Not too different, but different enough. Izzy imagined the two of them playing a simple game of catch, just throwing a ball back and forth with no cares in the world when Hiro's brother noticed a flock of bird Pokémon flying away from Lavender Town. Suspecting something, Hiro's brother offered a piggy back ride to Hiro so he would not panic or become frightened about his brother's suspicions.

When Hiro's brother saw the fire the first thing that came to mind was his parents then his worried little brother on his back. He had a decision to make: would he help put out the fire, find/rescue his parents, or run away with brother. His, in Izzy's imagination, Mudkip could not help too much with the fire that is not of natural causes. Hiro's brother could not raise his younger sibling, not the way he deserved to be. So the older brother instructed his brother to hide, and to hide somewhere safe.

"I want you to have this," She imagined Hiro's older brother handing Hiro an old, but polished pokéball. The red had faded and the ball had a few dents in it. Not too bad but there was an obvious attachment to it, like how the sun sparkled off of it, despite the pale color, or the fact that it was given to him in a silk cloth.

"But..." Little Hiro tried to protest but knew this was not the time to do so. Instead he went to find a hide out that was away from the fire but a place where he could still see what was happening.

Izzy can only imagine the horrified look on little Hiro's face as he watched his older brother run toward their home to only be kidnapped by strangers that moved too quickly to get a good look. Izzy saw the parents attempt to save their child, and little Hiro trying to run after them in fear of losing them. Unfortunately the older sibling had gotten away in the arms of his kidnapped who left on a Charizard that gave the final blow to Hiro's mother and father. By that time little Hiro had already chased after the flying fire Pokémon on foot to attempt to save his brother, or even just keep him in view just a little longer…

Izzy began to come back to reality but Rilla, and herself were tearing up at the story. Rilla was the first to burst out into a full blown cry and Izzy could not help but to cry with her Pokémon. "Oh my gosh! That is so sad Hiro! I am so sorry that happened to you!" Izzy walked on her knees to give Hiro a hug and Rilla as well.

Izzy walked on her knees and gave him a hug. He put his arms around her. He didn't know why, but he did. "It's fine. After the incident, I became a nomad, moving from place to place. That's how my pokemon become so strong. I started off at a very young age."

He thought of the Aron, then Aggron, "Aggron isn't exactly the kindest pokemon to train, but I had Ninetales and Swampert before the incident, so that's why I'm so close to them. Aggron was caught soon after, but I was still fragile and let up on him a bit. That's why he is the way he is now."

It's my fault. I was to soft on him. The incident should of toughened me up, but it didn't. I just let his training slip through the cracks. I should of known better. I was an idiot back then, and now it's going to take at least a year to get him to actually listen to me as a trainer and not a friend or buddy.

He sighed. He took the pokeball and thought of Lucus. What did he want me to do with this pokeball? It doesn't work or have anything in it. It's an ancient pokeball, but I can't let it go. He wanted me to have it for a reason.

He slipped it back into his backpack and closed his eyes. He could picture Lucus getting taken away on a man's back. The fire closing in on him. Thankfully, Mudkip was there and saved him. He could hear Lucus's screams. He let go of Izzy and covered his ears. He couldn't take it. He just couldn't take the screams of him getting taken away. It was too much for him. Even if it happened four years ago, he could remember each sight, each sound, each temperature perfectly.

Izzy saw the look on his face and hugged him again like she would her other siblings. Unlike her they were abused by their father after their mother went missing and had Izzy. Technically Chrystal and Lance are her half siblings but when her mother died and her real father went missing she was sent to live with her half siblings' father. Not that the abuse was criminal, he simply "toughened them up" in the least fatherly way possible. It was almost a military home that had made Chrystal and Lance resent being here, with her. She missed them, but she could never ask them to stay a place they did not want to be. That was just plain mean.

Izzy had remembered when a Crawdaunt was spotted in the wild and Chrystal had freaked out like she had never seen. She screamed and cried with horror struck eyes that had haunted her nightmares for years. Izzy gentally pulled at his hand to remove them from his ears but did not pull them off. It was just a notion that she was speaking to him. "But you aren't fragile now Hiro, does that not make a difference?"

Little Rilla was smiling, happy to see the softer side of Izzy for once. It was a rare occassion and it was interesting to watch, at least for Rilla it was. Not understanding much English made it tough to understand but she knew her tones, body language and auras. Those details added to the Rilla's imaginary conversation between Izzy and Hiro.

He was surprised by her response. Then, smiled at her, "I guess it does not make a difference."

If I become a weakling now, what would become of my pokemon? Would they stop respecting me as I am? I know that we've been through a lot together, but if I stopped training them as hard, what would they do?

"Izzy," he began, "Would you like to travel with me?" It was an urge he had felt. The girl grew on him. She was obviously younger than him, but she felt like a little sister. One to cheer him up when he was angry or upset about something. He could also help her with her training. Win, win.

He smiled at her, "I can help you with your pokemon." He looked over at the Cyndaquil. "I can help you with your Cynd- I mean Joker." He smiled. That was the first time he called it by its nickname. It started to grow on him. He was a lot to handle, and didn't like to listen. He would be tough to train, but with two trainers helping him along the way, he could become very powerful.

Izzy's face was geared to scream in excitement as he asked her to travel with him. The overwhelming joy of Hiro calling Joker by his name only added to the excitement. "And I can help you with your Aggron…?" Izzy grinned at the idea. Aggron would be a challenge she thought of it more of a super fun adventure than a tough, possibly dangerous challenge.

Rilla was confused but attempted to reflect Izzy's excitement. She had never seen Izzy hug anyone beside her family before. It was a good thing but not a good thing at the same time. The hug, to Rilla, meant change. Change is not familiar, change can be hard, and change can be very, very bad.

Such as: when Rilla was taken from her home by a trainer and their Surskit, and how she was yelled at in frustration when she did not do as she was told. Rilla was not strong enough in that trainer's eyes and not worth their time if Rilla could not even perform the simplest of attacks such as Water Gun or Bubble. It was too hard and she was too young… was that going to happen again? Was change going to alter her life forever again?

Rilla still attempted to be excited but fear and confusion held her from truly performing the emotion.

Hiro had to think about that one. His final answer was, "Yes. Aggron too. Even though I am a very skilled trainer, everyone needs help once in awhile."

He smiled. He knew Aggron would need some serious training, and maybe this girl could help with him. They could help one another out with everything. He could help with her training, and she could help with Aggron.

"Alright, where do you think would be a good place to go would be to train?" He thought. A gym, but she was too new for that. Her Cyndaquil wouldn't even listen to her.

He thought even deeper. Maybe a forest or gorge of rocks would be good. Maybe a forest. Full of bug and grass pokemon, weak against fire types. While a rock gorge was full of pokemon not weak against fire.

"What about a forest? That's always a good place to start off!"

Izzy chuckled at his lack thereof modesty. Of course he would toot his own horn, what guy didn't? Especially to a girl; despite their age and any other factor they may come across. Izzy could have showed off there as well, to prove to him she may be lacking in the experience field, but not in other aspects. Other aspects, that her sister had taught her when she had spent a week with her and her Pokémon. That would be fun.

All in good time, all in good time. Izzy felt her mischievous nature kicking in and so did Rilla. Rilla even began to bounce happily as she saw one thing hadn't changed: the mischief twinkle in her eyes when knows what she is going to next.

"The forest sounds good." Izzy grinned widely trying to hide the fact that she was up to something. Frankly, she was not doing a good job at it. The grin alone would give it away for anyone who had suspicion wired in their genes. "There should be a watering…" Izzy looked to Rilla who always seemed to know where the nearest body of water was. Rilla closed her eyes for a second and listened carefully with her ears moving slightly as she stopped bouncing. When her eyes opened again she responded by raising an eye brow and pointing with her large rubber ball of a tail in the general direction Izzy knew to be east. She knew this by the sun since it was marking mid afternoon in the west. "A watering hole a kind of a long way away… A halfff- quarter mile away." Rilla shook her head at the too far away estimation and nodded at the closer estimation of a quarter mile.

He chuckled at how she explained how 'long' the watering hole was away, "Alright, if your going to train pokemon, here's lesson one: you walk a lot. Trust me. Trainers normally walk from town to town in less than five days if they don't want their pokemon to get to weak from exhaustion. I know it may sound the opposite way, but that's a lie."

He looked at her two little pokemon. They looked ready for action, but she didn't. After the explanation of the way to the watering hole, he knew she wasn't a big fan of hiking, well, walking for long distances. "Well, on the way to the hole, we can stop and take brakes if you want to. It's not uncommon for a new trainer to want to. When I first started out I hated walking from place to place, but now it's kind of like a hobby."

Yeah he thought Walking a hobby. More like a lifestyle. He smiled at the thought and looked at Izzy. She looked ready in her face, but her eyes spelled out differently. "We could also stay here. I mean, you did happen to run into Stantler here. So, your choice. Do you want to stay here? Or continue on to the next place?"

He wanted to make a choice for her to make it seem like she could stay here before they began a journey to different places. He didn't want to force her into anything.

Izzy looked at Rilla with a raised eyebrow and she returned the expression. "I guess I was wrong, sorry Rilla." Izzy laughed at herself. "I thought it was common for trainers to have flying Pokémon to speed up the process of traveling, or at least riding Pokémon like in Indigo Blue," Izzy referred to an old T.V. show she used to watch when she was little. Indigo Blue was about this boy that was full blooded Native American Indian who ran like no one has ever seen. When he did not run he had Rapidash, Fearow and Blastoise to help him out, of course when the seasons passed the more he used it Pokémon which left Izzy virtually no television to watch on Saturday mornings. "He always rode his Rapidash or something in his travels." She laughed at herself again. It was foolish of her to assume everyone was like the people she saw on T.V.

"I can "walk with in haste" for about a mile easily, run a mile and a half without stopping and walk… well I never timed my walking." She laughed nervously as she pulled out an old gold watch on a gold chain that hooked to her knee long jean cutoffs. On it was crest that she that she still did not know the meaning of. She checked the time and found eerily close to her estimated time: Early afternoon.

"Let's go to the watering hole. Rilla might enjoy a good swim." Izzy tucked her hair behind her ear as Rilla chimed in agreement.

He smiled, "Alright then. So, what direction is the watering hole in?" He asked because, he wasn't very good with directions. He smiled and scratched the back of his head with his hand. "Sorry, never really the best at directions. How are you at them?"

He looked around for a building. He saw a small hotel off the horizon. If Izzy wasn't quite sure where to go, then they could go ask for quick directions to the watering hole.

He looked at her, "I see a small hotel. If you're not sure, we could go ask for quick directions if we need them." He wasn't trying to doubt her skills at directions, but he just would mention in case. He didn't want her to change her mind and say he was a jerk or anything. That would be bad, and he didn't need to deal with any name calling. That bugged him.

"Rilla always knows where the nearest body of water is... I think it is a water pokemon thing..." Izzy said a grin thinking she knew something he didn't. She released Joker out from his pokeball and gave him a piece of pokeblock. Joker seemed full of energy after the pokeblock then Izzy fed him two more. The first was almost a caffine pokeblock, the second was the heal his wounds and the third was to reduce scarring.

"Joker isn't "good as new" but he feels better." Izzy informed. "He is not ready to battle now though. Rilla can train while Joker watches and heals." Joker was not pleased with this so he walked away and sat in the shade angerly pouting.

"Its for your own good. Once you are done healing you can train too." Izzy offered but Joker was still unhappy and Rilla was not happy either. Fighting was not her specialty and the fact of fighting scared her. Especially with the large fully evolved pokemon Hiro had...

Hiro smiled slightly, "I'm sorry about that, once again. I just needed to end it before Joker got to out of control." He took a long pause, "This isn't a slam on you or your pokemon either. If pokemon get to out of control, it can't end well. I think just about every pokemon trainer knows that."

He looked at the pokeball that contained Aggron. His fist tightened around it and he grimaced. He took a deep breath to calm himself and looked up at Izzy once again, "I love this Aggron with all my heart, but it needs to seriously learn to stay under control. I know I have a long way to go with it too, but that's not stopping me from finding my brother. Aggron needs to be more clam about things, instead of jumping out of its pokeball at random times."

When he finished, the ball started to shake once again. He tightened his grip even more. He looked up at Izzy, "If Aggron gets out again, tell Rilla, I think, to use any water attack. It doesn't matter if she isn't strong enough to take down a full grown Aggron, but water weakens him. After you use some water attacks, I will finish it. He hasn't been known to make a third appearance after wards."

He wasn't sure if he would escape, but he wanted to be extra cautious. Aggron could hurt Izzy's pokemon, and that would not be good after what the little Cyndaquil had to endure after his battle.

ooc: Not trying to intrude or anything!!! Sorry if I am, though!!!!

bic: Flower and her Glaceon, Icicle, walked out from behind a large bush. The two continued on to when she got only feet from the three trainers. A Meganium followed the two, leaving a flowery scent behind the creature.

"Hello! Nice day, huh? Although, not as beautiful as it would be in Floaroma Town." Flower's tone of voice was her usual cheerish way with Icicle rolling her eyes playfully. "So, I'm Flower and this Glaceon is Icicle and Meganium is Petal. I have, like, four other Pokemon if you want to meet them. Anyways, what are your names?"

Icicle bumped into Flower in which meant to them "can you please send out Espy and Qui?". She took out two pokeballs and sent out a Quilava and an Espeon. The four smiled and walked far from Flower because they might injure her by accident. The three smaller Pokemon started an 'ice beam/psywave/flamethrower' play fight that was a way for practicing against the type or move. Petal was standing at the edge of the group, the closest to the trainers, making sure that they wouldn't hurt each other.