• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Death's Grip [Contains Violence]

[WARNING: This thing will be violent. Things will be intense and if don't feel comfortable with blood and such, do not read. You have been warned.]
https://pokecharms.com/threads/deaths-grip-sign-ups-and-disscussion.17285/#post-490389

Demons exist. This world you've been so used to has a flip side, that you didn't even know existed. Creatures and things who would willingly rip out your intestines if they felt likebit, stalk the night. Safety is a myth, for some people. These people are in danger, and have a death wish upon their souls. By the time they reach 30, they will die, and their soul will be offered up as collateral. The only way to stop this from happening the only way these young adults have a chance of living a happy light, is finding a way to break Death's Grip. Here is where their story begins.
----
Jake Warren was currently, incognito. Shit was piling up pretty fast. He had not only had a few mediocre police men on his tail, but had a demon on his ass. This demon had been stalking him for the past week and he was expecting the thing to make a move within a day or two if he was lucky. The more probable thought was that he was already to go.

Now you'd think with a city like this one; Revival City and it's massive crime rate, that police officers would have more important things to do than catch a pick pocketer. Well on reality, it was the opposite. They were afriad of the big gangs, so they always picked on stragglers. Muggings and Pickpockets were the more common cases they did.

That's what really fueled the city. Fear. And the demons feasted upon it. And that left a bad taste in Jake's mouth. What looked like a casual hand in his pocket, was actually a nervous and unsteady hand clutching a knife. He hated having to fight demons. They were almost humans, but more evil. And fighting one in broad daylight would never really help him much.

Keeping his head low, he crossed the street in a large crowd of people as they crossed the street. He wearily looked around for any threats that might appear. Now demons are peculiar creatures that come in many shapes and sizes. Well some can disguise themselves as humans. And that was they very type of demon, that Jake was looking for.

As Jake crossed the street, an officer grabbed his arm and twirled him away into an alleyway. "Okay son. The jig is up. I'm taking you in." The officer said raising his handcuffs.

Behind him stood a man staring blankly ahead. The crowd around him was surging forward, but he stood still. Jake instantly realized what he was.

"Officer, you need to run. Things aren't going to end well if you don't escape while you still can," Jake said, keeping his gaze in the man while he drew his blade.

The office raised a gun and pointed it at Jake. "Was that a threat son? Drop the weapon!" He shouted loudly.

"I could have worded that better," Jake thought as the demon bounded forward. The man's skin shed as he entered the alleyway. The flesh and clothing slumped away revealing a black werewolf form. The creature's clamped onto the man's jugular letting bloody spray across the alleyway. This is when Jake made his move.

Jake bounded ahead, jabbing the blade into the creatures throat. The runes gave a soft glow, and with a loud sissling noise knocked the demon back. The officer's body collapsed and Jake could tell that there was no way this man would live. He was too far gone.

The demon's face was now burnt and giving off a quiet hiss. Time to finish this. "I'd bet this isn't the dinner you had in mind." Jake said, stabbing the demon once moe, and leaving the blade to stick. The demon gave a wail and collapsed.

When Jake was sure it was dead, he removed the blade, and stashed it away. He walked to the body of the police officer who was now facedown. He took a knee and turned the body over. Holding back the urge to puke, he closed the man's eyelids. It was the least he could do for him. He then laid the man back down, before rushing over to a pile of trash bags to throw up. He still wasn't used to the smell of death yet. He stood up, and began to jog away leaving the mess. For some odd reason most people couldnt see what happened with demonic affairs. They always saw something else. But that didn't make Jake any less guilty in their eyes. He still could easily be pinned to the crime.

Yvonne stood in an alleyway and watched as the boy killed the demon her eyes widened another person who could see these demons or was her mind messing with her again

"well... this is going to be fun" she said as she watched the boy run to a pile of trash and throw up in it before jogging off and she let out a smile as she walked out of the alleyway most people turned to look at her but she didn't care it was to be expected when your skin is as white as snow and your wearing a big white coat with many color splotches on it, a few kids ran through the street bumping into Yvonne one of them taking a syringe out of Yvonne's pocket but before the boy could get away Yvonne turned around and caught a boy by his shirt "i wouldn't try and take that if i were you" Yvonne said as she turned the boy around a terrified expression came upon his face when he saw Yvonne's face

"i-i-i'm sorry" the boy said as he dropped the syringe from his hand only for it to be caught by Yvonne before it hit the ground

"be careful boy you don't want to break anything of mine" Yvonne said as an evil expression came onto her face "you know how it goes you break something of mine" Yvonne paused for a second and lowered her tone to a whisper "and i break something of yours"

When the boy heard Yvonne's words he frantically struggled to escape her grip, Yvonne pulled a syringe from her coat pocket and stabbed it into the boy, the boy terrified began to scream "HELP!!! hel-" the boy's screaming came to a halt as Yvonne injected the content of the syringe into the boy before dropping him to the ground, the boys looked in horror at the boy they were silenced by fear

"don't worry i didn't inject anything deadly into him just a little something to quiet him down, now why don't you be good little boys and run along" Yvonne said as she knelt down and patted one of the boys on the head, faster then expected the boys grabbed there friend from the ground and ran away

Yvonne smiled as she watched the boys run away and then turned around to find the boy she was following to be out of site "just my luck" Yvonne said as she walked in the direction that the boy had jogged in trying to find him

"Crap" September muttered under her breath. A siren could be heard in the distance, getting louder and closer. How guilty would she look in this scene? A gun in her hand and 3 bodies slumped against the wall of the alleyway. If only everyone else knew about the demons, it'd make life easier for Sepi. She flicked her head to the sign, hearing footsteps approaching from all sides. This was great, and the demon was still here... Somewhere. Sepi didn't need anybody else to get involved in this, no more innocent blood needed to be shed.

She slipped the gun into her pocket and ran down the alleyway with her hand skimming along the wall. She stopped suddenly and put and ear to the cold brick. She could sense it, that stupid demon was in the next alley. She quickly ran out into the open street and turned a corner, into the next alley.

September winced at the sight of it, this one had been around here for a while, it was hungry for death. September raised the shotgun and fired, the bullet went straight through the demon, only to ricochet out the other side. "Shit" She thought as a couple of yells were heard from the busy road ahead. Now the cops were real close, too close for Sepi's liking. She needed to get out of their range, but that'd mean leaving the demon.

Sepi's head flicked to her right, she could sense something, something cold and horrible and cruel. But it died the second after she felt it. A demon, now dead. There were more of her around here, more with powers. She quickly fired a round of shots at the demon, causing it to slump to the ground, then she ran towards where she hoped others would be.

Life was a curse, literally. But there are a few moments of hope. For example, Sepi found exactly what she'd hoped for... Kind of. A boy spewing into a trash bag, that was... Nice. But a dead demon lay bear him and she could feel another person watching on, guessing they also had powers and.. 'The curse' She kept her distance, just in case they were hostile. But she couldn't stop her hopes from rising, maybe these people could help her.

"Oh, death, please. Come to me by smiling..."

Aon was not just passing by. He, of course, was passing by, that he saw the police officer's corpse, and smelled something evil dying. For the last few days he was after a demon who seemingly was stalking many people. Demon escaped each and every time which was bothering. At a very silent moment in which the man who killed the demon a moment ago was trying to get rid of that mess thoughtfully, and two girls were walking towards him, he also decided revealing himself. Maybe those two were passing by, and misunderstood everything? Aon wouldn't know.

"If you are not a sociopath, you see stuff as I do." he said, an expression of excitement appearing on his face. Like a double-barreled weapon that can fire only one bullet, Aon lacked the ability to show his negative emotions, but positive ones could be noticed by others as clear as a crystal. He was happy due to two reasons. Firstly, something evil died. Secondly, for the first time in his life, that evil being was killed by someone else. And this meant that he was going to meet somebody like him.

"So I'm not the only one," Zack told himself, looking down from a rooftop at the scene. Even from up there, the dead officer was not a pretty sight to see. He watched as the guy hurled in a trash can, and ran off. Zack was about to go meet the person, to see what he knew about the demons and his powers, but hesitated when a few more people also began to follow him. They must have been like him too. He decided he'd stay on the rooftops, and see what they'd do. The problem was, they were walking away, and the closest building to them was a bus length away.
"Well, I don't really have anything to lose," Zack thought, backing up to the edge of the building he was on. He took a breath, and then sprinted to the other side of the building, jumping at the last second. He sped through the air, landing on the other side by the tip of his shoe. He tumbled onto the roof, slowing down, and breathing heavily.
"I really... Need to get... Faster than that," Zack muttered to himself, looking over the edge of the building to find he was directly above the guy.
"Mission success," he told himself as he watched.

"Fuck, there's more of these guys," Jake mumbled to himself, as he ran. He noticed the group of people beginning to follow him. Sure some demons preferences to fight in packs, but they were never this careless with their stealth. It was unusual behaviour, even for demons.

Ready to take the initiative and take a higher ground, he lunged at a ladder that lead to the rooftop of a nearby building. However the ladder made a loud screech when Jake pushed any pressure against it, due to the multitude of rust. Looking around anxiously at the faces that were beginning to follow him, he began to climb up the ladder, making a bizarre symphony of squeaks and creaks.

He rushed up the ladder and within a few second he reached the top where he slipped over the edge of the rooftop and bent low, catching his breath. His hand had shakingly drawn his knife and the boy was ready to fight.

"Uuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh, hi," was all Zack managed to say as the boy he was watching climbed up onto the roof. Why the hell would he come up here? Zack thought to himself, watching as the mysterious guy pulled a weapon.
"Woah woah woah, I'm not going around biting police officers necks, you don't need to stab me!" Zack said, backing away. Never mind, mission failed.

Yvonne heared the screeching sound of the ladder and ran to it to see the boy she was chasing just reach the top "there you are" Yvonne said as she hastily climbed the ladder not caring if people heard or saw her.

Yvonne reached tot top of the building to find two boys on the top, the one who she was chasing who was now holding a knife and another boy who seemed to be backing away from the other one "well isn't this entertaining" Yvonne said exitedly as she stepped aside "how I love a good old fashioned fight to the death where only one persons armed and the other is on the edge of a building" Yvonne said before looking at the two "oh and don't mind me I'm just waiting to talk to the boy with the murder weapon, but don't rush the fight because I'm waiting" Yvonne added misinterpreting what was happening "it's more entertaining when you make your opponent suffer"

Sepi saw a 3 people on the rooftop, one holding a knife. She winced and climbed up the ladder as fast as she could. Reaching the top pretty quickly, she threw herself in between the two boys, facing the one with the knife. "Woah woah woah!" She said, pulling her gun out of her pocket. "Nobody needs to get hurt here" She told the boy holding the knife. "Well... Unless you're one of them. The demons, who am I kidding nobody will ever believe me. I killed a guy on a rooftop cos he was a demon" She muttered, "That'll sound great to the cops."

Yvonne looked at Sepi "aw don't stop them it was going to get interesting" Yvonne exclaimed as she walked around to Sepi and looked at her gun "now I wouldn't advise for kids using weapons like this" Yvonne said as she put her hand on Sepi's gun "and if he is a demon we ca-" Yvonne stopped talking as she processed what Sepi had said "demon?" She muttered as she looked at Sepi, Yvonne let out a cheer of joy "oh another one!!!" Yvonne yelled as she jumped around "I'm not crazy after all!!!" Yvonne yelled out while sounding like a mad woman making people from the street look up at the four on the building, Yvonne saw them and turned to face them "did you hear that another person who can see the demons!!!" Yvonne yelled out into the street

"You were stalking me too? And you want to talk? What the fuck? Seeing demons? Holy shit and I mean that figuratively. You guys must be humans." He said, putting away the knife and standing up. He looked around at everyone and looked over at the edge at he people he assumed were coming to attack him. "This whole thing was a bit complicated to process. It isn't everyday that everyone has the same ability has his. Especially multiple people.

Aon was ignored, even probably was not heard. As the man began to climb up to the roof, he also joined to the party by following him. He was not noticed even after that, and weirdly one another guy was waiting on the roof. Two girls followed him too, and men on the roof were about to fight when Aon finally decided to give a talk.

"If everyone here see demons, there is more than fate into that. Destiny? Everything seems illogical, but, we should calm down and try to understand what the heck is happening." He explained. "First of all, if you are able to see demons, you should also be able to notice that none of us are one of them. Secondly, demons just aimlessly attack, they don't try to calm you down or stuff like that. So, just calm down."

Zack was attempting to process and keep up with everything that happened in such a short time. He went from being alone on a rooftop to being with 4 other people all talking about the demons. He put his hands up in the air when one of the girls pulled out a gun.
"I literally wasn't doing anything! Don't kill me!" Zack faked. In reality he wasn't very worried of the boy with a knife or the girl with a gun, he knew several ways he could disarm both of them. Then the boy put away his knife, and his attention focused on the girl with a gun.
"So, your going to put that gun away now?" Zack suspiciously asked, looking at the gun, then her. He would be willing to trust these people once all the weapons were out of the picture.

"Fine" Sepi muttered, putting the gun in it her pocket. "So, I can see demons, and so can you guys. Does that mean..." Sepi started to say, but she backed down. "No, it's impossible. The chances are below 1%. These people don't have the curse, it's just you Sepi. Just you alone" She muttered to herself.

"So uh, you guys hunting demons?" She said awkwardly.

Yvonne let out a smile as she heared what Sepi said to herself "aww actually your forgetting something" Yvonne said to Sepi as she calculated the odds "it's not only can there be more like you with the curse but it's also the fact that we're all in the same city on the same roof top" Yvonne paused for a second "and the fact that we're all probably thinking the same thing..." Yvonne said before noticing the group of boys that tried to steel from her and the boy she injected on the ground his skin gone pale "huh I don't remember that as a side effect" Yvonne said as she took the syringe out of her pocket and read the label "sleep" she said before moving her thumb to reveal the rest of the label "sleeping death" Yvonne said as she realised what she had done "damn I really should label these things more clearly I'm nearly out of ingredients to make more of this" she said before noticing one of the boys talking to a police officer, the boy seemed to be pointing at the rooftop "oh... Well this has been fun but I'm going to run now I don't need to waist any more of my life in jail" Yvonne said as she ran to the ledge of the building and jumped to the roof of another building "according to what I've found I've only got three years left" Yvonne yelled as she continued hopping from roof to roof

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Proteus heard people shouting from outside, he immediately jumped out the open window and started looking around. The chances were low, but if someone needed help with a demon he knew he had to save them. To his surprise the commotion seemed to be coming from the roof of a building near the one he was hiding out in. He looked up to see a tall girl with purple hair who appeared to be a few years older than he was, on the roof of another building he spotted a group of four others, all looked to be around his age and he could see weapons on a few of them. That's not what shocked him though, he could have sworn he head one of them say something along the lines of "Demon hunting". He snuck behind the building they were on and strained his hearing trying to listen in on their conversation.

Ashei injected his latest concoction into his buyer. "When I say 100,000 dollars, I mean a 100,000 damn dollars. You haven't paid my cartail in over a year. Oh, the stuff you've got in you now, it isn't cheap. It's somethin' only I sell, and its highly addictive. I could give you some, but I'd you'd have to pay me right now." The man had grabbed his neck. The drug hit him hard. He didn't ask for this. He started choking on the powerful drug. He dropped to the ground and pleaded." I can't pay that much, I have a family!" Ashei smirked.

"If you can't pay, none of my stuff is avalible. Have fun with withdrawals for the rest of your life. Get off my frickin' streets." Ashei kicked the man and had his guards escort him away from the ally.

Zack let out a small snicker at the girls ridiculous question.
"Are you kidding me? Hunting demons? I'll only dare to fight one if I have no other choice," Zack said. The awkward silence started to pick up again, so he decided this was his time to go.
"Well uh, nice meeting you? I guess...? I'm gonna go home now," Zack finally said, walking towards the edge of the roof. He raised a hand to the 3 with a forced smile, and then lightly jumped off the side. In fall, he got his legs to connect to the wall, and ran his way down the building, jumping off the wall last second to avoid splatting on the pavement. He rolled on impact, and safely kept running down the street towards his cabin. Never mind, I'm fast enough. Zack thought to himself, speeding off.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Just as Proteus had gotten a good view of the group on the roof, one of them ran down the side of the building and sped off like some gravity defying magician. "Is it possible he's half demon too?" he muttered under his breath. His speed was uncanny, far too fast for a normal human. He quickly dismissed the thought not wanting to trouble himself about it and went back to trying to get a better understanding of their conversation.

"Crap" Sepi said as she ran towards the edge of the rooftop. A young boy was directing an officer right to where they were. "They went up there, they're dangerous. One tried to kill me! I think they're mad, insane maybe"

Sepi scowled as she heard the very exaggerated conversation and she turned to the others. "Okay we need to move now. I look guilty as shit right now and so do all of you." Sepi said, weirdly panicked. She'd dealer with the cops before, but she didn't know how much trust she could put in these people that she'd literally just met.

Aon watched the male half ragequitting, and a girl preparing to follow him.

"Anyone wants pizza? I pay it." he asked and escaped a sigh. If pizza wasn't to make all those people sit down and talk logically about what's happening, nothing could. "I know this is weird that we all suddenly met in the same place as people who have ability to see demons, but I agree to this guy over here. When you just take a breath and think about it, may be all these stuff happening are because of angels' wish. If demons exist, they do exist too may be? All I am saying is, stop fighting, and let's give a shot on this. We might be the only people who can see them, and this is exactly why we should fight them."

"I guess pizza wouldn't hurt. I know a nice place down the street." Jake said, breaking his silence. "It's not well known, and it would be easier for us all to talk more freely."

He looked at everyone there, and lifted up his knife. "We know they exist. Hell. If you all were watching me for long enough, I just killed one. But we need to act normal to avoid any attention. So we can all meet up in 20 minutes at the pizza shop at 4th Cherokee Avenue. Called Domingo's Pizza. See you all soon." And with that, Jake walked away, sliding down a ladder, and ducking into an alleyway, disappearing from sight.

Last edited:
"Okay, fine by me" Sepi said, she then ran and jumped a little leap to the next rooftop and disappeared out of sight.

She couldn't help but laugh, going out for pizza to have a serious talk about monsterous, villainous, horrible demons. It just seemed so silly. But she knew that it wasn't a game, this was real.

Midnight was hiding herself from the crowd that was gathering at a nearby roof with five humans on it so she hid in an alley though she was trying to listen to their conversation. The words she caught were 'the curse', 'demon hunting', and what sounded like a meeting place in twenty minutes. "Surely they aren't talking about the curse that I have," she muttered to herself, her index finger on her chin. She then saw another person that was listening to the conversation as well though it smelled almost like a demon in this alley. Soon enough, one of the males from the rooftop jumped from the roof, running on the wall before rolling then running again. She caught his scent but didn't follow him, she was quite intrigued with the other thing on the other side of the alley. She didn't know what it was, human or demon or possibly both so she was keeping an eye on it.