• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Crimson City - Superhero RP - Sign Ups

Rex

Resident Furry
Name: Varies, current primary form goes by 'Jacob Filcher'
Appearance: As a Shapeshifter, Jake's form is not set in stone. His current primary is a four foot tall anthropomorphic raccoon. Fur coloration and patterns are typical of the species, primarily gray with black and white highlights, including black rings around his gray tail and a black 'bandit mask' around his blue eyes. His feet are digitigrade - he stands on is toes - and his hands and feet both display paw pads. His body is otherwise human-like, bipedal with articulate fingers including opposable thumbs. His frame is thin and wiry. This shapeshifter prefers anthropomorphic forms as a stylistic choice, but is not limited to them.

In all his forms, Jake likes to expose fur, and this one is no exception. He wears a brown hooded cloak that only extends to his elbows, his torso is otherwise bare. He has a preference for brown fingerless gloves, as well, though his feet are bare. He also wears three quarter pants, black in color, that extend roughly halfway down his shins. These pants have a cut in the back for his tail, but are otherwise unremarkable.
Powers/Abilities:
- Shapeshifting: Jake is a shapeshifter, capable of completely altering his appearance and voice to perfectly mimic anyone, and a vast selection of living organisms. There are some restrictions, however, Jake can only take the form of vertebrates, his forms are all complex and multi-cellular, and all feature endoskeletons. As stated, he has a preference towards furred mammals, particularly those of the order carnivora, but this is a style choice.
- Eidetic Memory: Jake is able to, with near-perfect clarity, recall the details of specific forms, those he takes the most often. This is not true photographic memory, and should he not use a form for a time he can forget the details, requiring a visual aid, usually a photograph, to perfectly assume that form again. It requires practice to keep sharp, and at most he can remember three or four forms at a time.
- Regeneration: Though it requires some time to focus, Jake is capable of generating or regrowing limbs by sacrificing some of his current excess mass. This is how he originally grew his animalistic features - his tail, for example. He can also remove these limbs by bringing the mass back into himself. It requires too much focus and time to be useful in the heat of battle, he requires a quiet moment to himself.
Strength/Skills: Despite his preference for eye catching forms, Jake is capable of using his powers to perfectly blend into almost any surrounding. This makes him good at tasks relating to subterfuge - stealth, infiltration, espionage. He's also good with words, capable of talking himself into and out of most situations, so long as he doesn't draw too much attention to himself.
Weaknesses:
- Conservation of Mass: Jake is incapable of creating or removing mass from his body through his shapeshifting. This puts an upper limit on his size, and he tends to get quite dense as he gets smaller. Despite his short size and thin frame, Jake weighs roughly 200lbs, about enough to give him another two feet in height and some decent lean muscle should he stretch it to its limit. This also means that, though he can take the form of birds, he is completely unable to fly. In his current form, he'd also sink like a stone in water, but this is less threatening thanks to his ability to control his surface area and buoyancy. And also turn into fish. That helps too.
- Loss of Self: Simply put, Jake cultivates his identity based on his current form, and has a distinct identity for each current form. When Jake forgets a form, he abandons that identity. He has been shapeshifting from a very young age, and no longer remembers his 'true' form, what it looked like, what his name was, if he was even a he. Even his age is little more than a best guess on his part. He is a nomad, with no connections to any kind of past and no family or support structure that he knows of, or would even recognize him.
- Physically Unskilled: Jake is not a fighter. Though he can take some large, powerful-looking forms, these mostly rely on intimidation factor to get him by. He is not weak, he has some weight to throw around, but he is clumsy in a fight and easily overpowered by anyone who knows what they're doing.
Backstory: He remembers that Jake was a sudden, impulsive decision. The raccoon form quickly grew to be one of his favorites, and has been his primary form for a number of months. The form that he had been before turning into Jake has long since been forgotten. His primary form back then had been a weasel, one he still retains, though it hasn't gotten much love lately. He has largely played into the stereotypes of the species, living on the streets and providing for himself with theft: pickpocketing, shoplifting, grab and go, those sorts of things. No one gets hurt, and he uses his small size to go unnoticed as much as possible.
Association with other characters: None.
Other: N/A

Last edited:
@Nintenduck I was actually thinking that later in the RP, the gang (Cynthia, Juniper, and Devin) face a villain who's power is overwhelming, so Cynthia and Juniper decide to let Steven and Alex join their team. Unless you have something else planned.

I was thinking of a way Alex could possibly escape, but this actually makes a lot of sense. I think if this happened it would be really cool. It would probably be hard to convince Steven to go back to being a hero though. I was actually thinking of abandoning his character in favor of a new one, who could actually be this villain if you like the idea.

Rex

Resident Furry
Oh people are all over the place. To the best of my understanding:
@Gpig5 and @Tlord22 have their characters together in a cave in the mountains outside town. I don't think @Gpig5's Seismic has appeared at all yet.
@I Never and @Godjacob have their characters in the secret base of the former's two characters, training.
@Nintenduck's Alex is in jail, I don't know where Steven is.
@Lil Eliza123's Alex is in a cafe, getting a job to kill @I Never's characters from their other character, the Director.
I do not know where @Icena's Xeria is.
@Generation Sect's The Creator appears to be in his secret lair.
I do not think @Excalibur Queen's Stella has appeared in the RP at all.
My character, Jacob is near the beach, he just pickpocketed some dude.

Alright, I'm gonna have Devin slam Cynthia to the ground and get her in an armbar. She can counter afterwards and then deliver the finishing blow.

Cool with you?

Since Steven is basically nonexistent at this point, I was wondering if I could make a new character.

Name: Fiction (His real name is unknown)
Appearance: He's tall, with dark brown hair. He wears all black, and sunglasses to hide his eyes.
Powers/Abilities: Fiction is able to use dark energy. This allows him to teleport, fly, use minor telekinesis, shoot blasts of dark energy, and even see things that are invisible.
Strength/Skills: He somehow always knows what's around him, so it's almost impossible to sneak up on him. He usually carries two pistols, but depending on the occasion he may use other weapons.
Weaknesses: The thing about Fiction is that he plays fair. If you make a bet with him, and he loses, he will give you whatever you were promised. Because of this, he can easily be tricked. He also doesn't usually plan anything, and instead always does what he feels like doing. You may think this makes him unpredictable, but he usually overlooks important details that could cause his defeat.
Backstory: As a child, Fiction wanted nothing more than to be a superhero. He was constantly reading comics, even if he had already read them before. It was the same with his twin brother. Their favorite thing to do was play a sort of superhero game, where they would take turns with who would be the hero and who would be the villain. So of course, the were both extremely happy when they found out they were super humans, right? Well, Fiction's brother was. As stated above, Fiction's power is dark energy, something both him and his brother thought to be evil. After they discovered their powers, Fiction always had to be the villain in their games, because only someone evil would use dark energy. Eventually, Fiction grew angry, and the dark energy began to corrupt him. In a state of blind rage, he killed his entire family, including his brother. Seeing that he had become the villain his brother saw him as, he ran into the forest, and lived there for years. Over those years, he slowly went insane, losing all sense of logic. Then the darkness began to speak to him, and they started having full conversations. One day though, the darkness told Fiction something that changed his life. After that, he new he had to be the villain. So, that day, he got his black clothes and sunglasses, and renamed himself, Fiction.
Association with other characters: None
Other: He wears the sunglasses for a reason.

Perhaps it's time to introduce someone as a villain Gpig If only to show our characters ability's as we know what most of the other's power's do in battle but not my character or yours and also it gives astraldarkrai a chance to introduce his character.

It would be a chance to show his abilites but what animal should I go with and he has full control four which are the eagle,bull,lion and cheetah but he can use any animal

Name: Gnarlax

Appearance: He has that crazy hair like Einstein's colored white. His Irises are like kaleidoscopes. He has a pointed nose. He's baby faced with a face like a ten year old's.
He wears an Orange Jumpsuit and black leather shoes. Because of this he was often mistaken as a criminal. He also wears a white labcoat to try to avoid this.
Powers/Abilities: He has the ability to increase the effects or worsten the emotions of someone he sees. For example he can make anybody who's irritated angry, make someone who is doubting worry too much or make someone who is startled scared and run away. Using this ability for more than 6 hours a day will result to dizzines or make him collapse.
Strengths/skills: He is quite agile and good at dodging.
Weaknesses: He does not know how to fight back and gives a weak punch.
Backstory: He wears orange jumpsuits because they remind him of his father and he wears the lab coat because it was once his mother's. His mother left their family because his dad's a drunkard. When his father killed someone in a drunken rage, he was imprisoned. When his father got out of prison when Gnar was 14. His dad went to him for hiding. Gnar made him hide in his closet and when the police went knocking on their door, he sold his father out and told him " I can live on my own you useless drunk." That was when his eyes became kaleidoscopic and the first time he used his ability to make his father so angry that the police needed to knock him out. He then used it again to get two sets of jumpers because he needed clothes. Since then he lived his life through commerce from town to town selling things he bought from the the place he last visited. He is not a licensed business man so he sells them by socializing with the people in the town and offering something that they might like. He also uses his abilities in selling when needed.

(I might be late to reply cuz of school but I always try to post everyday when needed

Character Profile:
Name: Neo
Appearance: He wears a Red jumpsuit all the time as his costume and normal clothes. He has brown, shaggy hair, and bright green eyes.
Powers/Abilities: Regeneration. He can only regenerate if hit by an attack that would basically kill him. He has reduced pain senses. If he takes many attacks that wouldn’t kill him almost instantly, he won’t regenerate from it, such as an arm breaking or being stabbed in the leg. Every time he takes damage in a fight, he gets more powerful, but when the fight ends, he reverts back to normal.
Strength/Skills: Trained to fight his whole life, so he's pretty good at it.
Weaknesses: He doesn't think to much when he's fighting. He always thinks his power will save him in the end, so he isn't cautious.
Backstory: He never went to school like other kids. He wasn't poor or anything, he just decided to stop going so he could train for when he was needed. He hasn't even made his hero debut yet, because he thinks he'll only be helpful in a worldwide event (like what is happening now lol)
Association with other characters: None