• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Creatures and Monsters RP

Hello ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to the Creatures and Monsters RP! I am your host,
Koishi. In this RP you can Roleplay as either a creature or a monster in the great land of
Dimensia. But first, please take a very close look at the rules below:

1.)Gore is allowed, just keep it to a low level, alright?
2.)Romance will be allowed, just not too gushy, there’s children here.
3.)If you have a custom creature you’d like to be, please notify me about that in a convo.

4.)Remember everybody, 3rd person not 1st.
5.)No Godmodding, since nobody likes a OP person. (AKA: “I dodged the attack again and
again!”)
6.) If you want to kill somebody, ask for permission in a convo.
7.)Try to avoid one-liners, and be descriptive with your sentences please.

8.)I am allowing for everybody to have up to 2 characters to RP with, so please choose
wisely.
9.)As said in the rules, you may not use any art unless 1.) It’s yours, or 2.) The creator gave
you permission to use their art.
10.)Keep all the OOC comments in the Discussion Thread please.
11.) Try to have some fun with this, alright?

((You’ll find the discussion thread where the character forms, monster and creature lists, .
here:http://pokecharms.com/threads/creatures-and-monsters-rp-discussion-thread.15017/ )
Below you’ll find my character for this RP.

Name: Rostov
Height: 8’5 when on all fours, 17' when standing up.
Weight: 600 lbs.
Race: Monster
Species: Owlbear ((Grizzly))
Clan: Fuera
Appearance: Like any other Owlbear, he appears to be a rather menacing animal, but really, he
just likes to walk around on his hind legs often. With the body of a grizzly bear, and the face of a
great horned owl, he of course looks threatening. He has bright amber eyes that seem to be able
to burn through others heads whenever he was preying on something. Rustovs paws have their
ever so large claws that jut out from the tips of his stubby fingers. His arms also are coated in a
thick layer of rather long feathers, which allow him to retain flight for about 30 seconds, a minute
at most due to his weight.
Personality: May appear to be like any typical monster at first, but really he’s quite a gentleman!
He adores tiny creatures for some reason.

Rostov stumbled around, his large, hulking body hidden among forest known as “Fuera”. His
long claws clicked against one another whenever he stepped onto a solid surface, his bright
amber gaze fixed onto whatever was in front of him. At first glance, Rostov appeared to be
preying on a rather small group of rabbits, but really he was just adoring them from a distance.
He sat down in his usual hunched position, watching the adorable creatures curiously.

After a while, the rabbits finally noticed Rostov and had scampered off like the shy creatures they
are. Rostov, too, left after the rabbits had hopped off elsewhere. Rostov admired the forest’s

scenery, a small smile formed on his beak. “I’m glad that Sukio had formed the land this
way.” He thought, the same dumb smile on his beak.

Meanwhile, Rostov had finally made it back to the heart of Fuera where the largest tree in all the
land had resided. Elders of the forest called it “the World Tree”, because how the tree seemingly
touched the atmosphere of the world. He looked around the area, spotting all the other creatures
and monsters that live in Fuera

Last edited:
Momo lay beneath what appeared to be a a small makeshift shack made of bamboo, her bright green eyes staring outside the shack. She saw Rostov enter the clearing, quite a large Owlbear indeed. "... Ah! Rostov's back!" She said aloud, an excited tone in her voice. Momos family had been close friends with Rostovs, and the two had been friends ever since they've hatched.
Getting up, she stumbled out from her shack and toward Rostov, her eyes giving off their ever so friendly shine. "Rostov, Rostov! Did you find anything interesting today? A new creature, perhaps?" She asked, excited for whatever Rostov had to say next.

Rostov nodded. "Yes! Well, not exactly new but I in fact had watched a group of the rabbit creatures forage the bush for food," He grinned. "It was quite adorable, really." Chuckling, he smiled. "So, Momo, what have you've been up to while I was out?" Rostov asked sitting down, towering over Momo by just a few feet.

Last edited:
Momo sighed, shrugging. "Not too much, actually..." She looked back up at the Owlbear. "... But I did rebuild my shack! Luckily, it didn't take too long, hah... The bamboo was being a bit difficult with me though." Momo said, looking back at the small, green shack. "But what really matters is that I got it done before dark, you never know what the night monsters could be up to!" She chirped rather happily.

After a while with chatting with Rostov, Momo eventually ended the conversation and went off into the forest where a large patch of the forest was full of bamboo. Being mainly a panda, she prefered eating bamboo, but she'd eat meat every once in a while. She started knocking down the taller stalks of bamboo and cut them into shorter lengths so then she'll be able to carry them back easier.

Rostov waved Momo goodbye. "See you sometime later, Momo! Be careful!" He called, still looking at Momo only to see her disappear into the forest. Looking around, Rostov attempted to find something else to do. "... Perhaps I could go creature watching...? Or should I just hunt for the clearing..." He thought, now standing on all fours.
After a while of searching and deciding, Rostov eventually chose to go foraging/hunting for food. After all, the monsters of Fuera needed to be fed. Bounding into the forest, Rostov searched around for any deer, or how he called it; "creature spots", where creatures commonly go to feed.

"Yaaawn, I'll get up." Kite stretched as he rolled out of bed. He stood up and wiped his eyes, heading out the front door. He saw a bunny and pounced it, serving as breakfast. "Hm, wonder who lives over here?" He took the path trough the forest.

Rostov sat, hunched between two brown bushes that lay next to one of the creature spots. Keeping himself as quiet as his owl-side, he kept a close eye on the creature spot, his bright amber gaze unblinking. After a while of listening, Rostov heard a slight rustle in the bushes a few yards in front of him before a seemingly lost elk stumbled upon the creature spot.
Within only a matter of seconds, Rostov had leapt out from his hiding place and pinned the spooked elk under his heavy paw. The elk had tried kicking Rostov off, but that didn't appear to affect the monster all-too-much. He took a quick swipe at the elks neck with his other paw, leaving large gashes in its soft skin.

"Woah! That elk is getting chased by...bird bear! Oh my gods that's a bird bear!" He dove in ten front of the elk and bit its front leg, crippling it. "Hi! My names kite, what's yours?" He asked the owl bear, still laying on the ground

Rostov kept the squirming, dying elk under his heavy paw before turning to Kite. "... Rostov's the name." He kept his eyes narrowed, like how they usually always were. "... Do you live here in Fuera? I'm a guard, so I must take precautions just in case, you know?" Rostov asked, keeping his intimidating gaze.

Rostov gave Kite a curious sniff, examining the monster. "... Ah. So you're one of the monster variants? I can see that you're standing up like those ape things... But you're a kitsune instead." The elk had finally stopped moving and so Rostov moved his paw. "I, myself can walk too... It's just that I can't do it for long. Fur can be quite heavy, really." He chuckled, sitting down.

Rostov cocked his head. "... Pants...?" He pondered for a moment. "... Ah! I don't need any since I already got all this fur, see?" Getting up, he stood on his hind legs and showed off his thick coat of both fur and feathers. "The fur basically is like a set of clothes that never gets old!" Rostov chuckled, a few hoots following along too.

((OOC: Please try to avoid one-liners, it can be quite a hazard to this thread. :y))
Rostov seemed curious. "I see... Most be rough. I get to sleep for weeks at a time, only waking up to eat and then going back to sleep. Hibernation is what the elders call it." He hooted, enjoying that last few hibernations he had. "... It's quite nice, but everything does have its bad sides... Like when you finally wake up and everything feels as stiff as rock!" Chuckling, he sat back down.

After about an hour of organizing and tying up her bamboo, Momo had then started stumbling back home with a large load of bamboo on her shoulders. She took breif moments to enjoy the scenery around her, especially to watch the skittish birds that fly off. Momo had always wanted to fly for such long periods like them, but due to being an Owlbear she was restricted from doing so. Sighing, she continued her way home to where her shack resided.
Meanwhile, Momo had made it back to her small bamboo shack that was enough to house about two common monsters. She rolled her gatherings into the small shack before snacking on one.

Gro was flying far up in the sky. The dove had went for a small adventure that didn't involve his larger friend. He made a nice call that his species was known but was cut off when a hawk barely missed him. He was thrown off course and his right wing was clipped. He managed to soften his fall but his wing was hurt. He realized he had been pushed off course by the wind and was now flopping around in the forest of fuera.

Rostov had heard something further in the distance but had ignored it and slumped the elks corpse over his shoulders. "Anyway, Kite, I must be going now before the sky sleeps. Farewell." He said, getting up. "... Stay safe from the night monsters, they can be quite a nuisance." Chuckling, Rostov had started his way back through the forest and back to the heart of Fuera.
Along the way, Rostov had seen a dove skittering about, seemingly injured. He instantly dropped what he was doing and stumbled over to the dove. "... Oi' you." He whispered. "... Are you alright there?" Rostov said, lowering his beak to take a quick sniff.

Gro froze and saw that owlbear. He struggled even more and tried to fly but his wing didn't allow for it. He gave a distressed cry, hiding himself and waiting for the larger monster to finish him off, "please don't hurt me"!

Rostov chuckled at how scared the creature seemed. "Hah... I won't hurt you." He looked around, making himself sure that there weren't any other creatures that might want to prey on the poor creature. "... Which land did you come from? This is Fuera." He whispered, lifting his beak away from the smaller creature. "I can help ya, if you'd like." Rostov suggested.

Setheroth made lap around the high mountains of Feura. He looked around as his powerful wings blew gusts of winds powerful enough to knock down small trees. He looked around the Mountainous cliffs for prey.

"Chasma," Gro peaked out from under his wings. He blinked a couple times, debating if he should trust the predator, "would you? I can't fly though, I hurt my wing. Well a hawk did but I really should have been paying attention. Guess that was my problem, not yours. I just had to not listen to Frey but here we are. Hahaha".

Rostov seemed surprised at first. "Ah, Chasma? I never thought that flying creatures such as yourself would live there..." He clicked his claws together, debating wether or not he should bring the dove back to the world tree. "... I suppose I could mend your wing at the World Tree if you'd like, Chasma isn't too far from here either, so that's a plus." He chuckled.
finding a hole hidden beneath some tree roots, Rostov placed his kill inside. "Here, you can come on my back if you want." He suggested, sitting down in front of the dove.

Gro thought it over and nodded. He tucked his wing into its resting place and looked at the owlbear, "my name is Gro by the way. Who are you? Also sorry about the distraction of collecting your prey. Cerberuses would usually keep their prey and only deal with me because of Frey".

Rostov nodded. "I see..." He picked up Gro from his neck and placed him between his shoulders. "Name's Rostov, it's a pleasure to meet you... And don't worry about my prey, I digest food slowly so it's no big deal really." He chuckled and continued his way to the heart of Fuera. "... So, where'd that hawk creature get you? I need to know so then I can have more time to think what to do with the wound." Rostov said, looking back at Gro.

Setheroth soared over Feura. HE noticed a Owlbear and decided to land for lunch. He landed abruptly ripping the grass up beneath him. He looked at Rostov and roared intimidatingly. He dug his claws into the ground and readied himself fro battle.

Rostov turned to face Setheroth. "Tch... A challenger?" He let out a warningful screech, locking his intimidating gaze into his own. "What do you want?" He bellowed, standing on his fours. "Why are you here?" He growled. Rostov narrowed his eyes a bit more, prepared to fight if he had to.

"Lunch," he said as he circled Rostov. He roared again, this time louder. The roar echoed and shook trees. HE looked at Rostov waiting for him to make the first move. The weapons from past in counter made his blue his shine even brighter than it already was.

Rostov smirked, thinking of an absolutley terrible pun. "Ah... Lunch, eh'? Well, there's a special for lunch today..." He said, now standing up. "... And that special today is a KNUCKLE SANDWHICH!" Rostov roared, slamming a clawed fist onto Setheroths faces side. He leapt back as quickly as possible, giving off warning shreeks.
((Ech, terrible pun.))

Gro hid in his feather and hid himself with his non-injured wing. He tumbled backwards and lanes on the ground when the owlbear stood up. Letting off a soft uff sound. He waddled away quickly and hide in a nearby bush.

Setheroth charged at Rostov and growled. He slashed at Rostov's belly with his claws."Now, that is just DRAGON me down!" He felt blood from his cheek run down the side of his face.

Rostov froze for a moment before chuckling. "Hah, good one." He stood back up and threw himself at Setheroth, biting his soft spots. "... Y'know, this could go well with some flavored syrup!" Rostov growled, tearing off a few loose scales allowing the small openings to bleed. "Strawberry flavor, my favorite." He smirked, biting into Setheroth again.

Gro watched the fight from his bush. The small dove was shaking and his eyes were tracking the two predators. His head snapped over when there was a deep growling to the left. It sounded like three things were growling at once and Frey stepped out of the shadows. She was snarling and her left head sniffed the air and zeroed in on Gro's position.

(OOC: sorry, 7 hour nap)

"Woah, are you a dragon? I haven't seen a dragon in years!" Kite turned to the massive beast. "You're huge! What powers do you have? Fire? Ice?"

Setheroth laughed at Rostov attements a said,"You just so CL-AWFUL," He darted towards Rostov and picked him up. He clutched Rostov's head. With a beat of his poweful wings he took of about 400 feet in the air. His blood ripped to the ground below. He looked at Rostov and asked," Give up yet?"

((OOC: Be prepared, I'll be introducing a new character soon myself. On the discussion thread first, of course.))
Rostov laughed happily, he's never been this high up before. "Hah! Give up?" Using all the strength in his heavy arms, he grabbed hold of Setheroths snout and swung himself onto the back of his lengthy neck. Rostov then started jabbing his claws onto either side of the dragons head, all while desperately trying to balance on his wiggly neck.

Gro was quickly pulled close to Frey and she started licking and making sure the dove was ok. She placed him back under the bush and looked to the sky, all three heads roaring at the two in the sky. She stood her ground and snarled at anything and anyone.

Setheroth let go and started swinging his head around with Rostov on top of it. His crimson blood pelted the ground. He was through with messing around. He grabbed Rostov off of him and simply let go. He clutched his head as it throbbed from pain." Ah,, Alas he got his well deserved, Unbearable death!"

Rostov smirked and shut his eyes, merely letting himself fall. "... Hah, just because I'm mainly bear..." His eyes shot open as the feathers on the sides of his arms linked together, forming a wing-like apendage. "... Doesn't mean I can't fly! Well... Not for too long, so might as well make it last!"
Using all his might, Rostov flew upward just barely enough for him to wrap himself around Setheroths neck. "... If I go down, you go down with me." He grinned, using all his weight to drag the dragon down with him.

Setheroth maintained flight fro a little longer, but lost balance and let himself fall. He clawed a Rostov and ripped him from his body. he then grabbed onto a nearby cliff and started laughing as Rostov made his desecent." Hey, The ground looks hard, I'd rather not touch it"