• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Come rate Secad's horrible pokemon and teams!

Edit on April 14, 2008: I made up a moveset which might work, and it will be the moveset I will put on my Togetic as soon as it reaches lv. 51 and I evolve it.

Togekiss

Nature:Mild

Item(s): Wide Lens/Leftovers

Ability: Hustle

Moveset: Aura Sphere, Extreme Speed, Aerial Ace, Flamethrower.

Reasons why: At first, when I caught my Togepi, I caught it in a Premier Ball, which I thought was pretty, so when I looked up the physical Togekiss on *Jaws music*...Serebii, I found out I had horrible nature. But with the Togetic being in a Premier Ball and I stink at breeding, I decided to put together my first moveset of my own to cater to my specific needs. Because of the +Sp. attack -Attack nature and Hustle combined, it made the two attack stats be about the same. But the accuracy was lowered, so I chose two 'always hit' moves (A. Sphere, and A. Ace.). One is for pure STAB, and the other to hit Rock types. The other two had STAB and a defensive move to hit other types. Extreme Speed is a move it learned naturally, and Flamethrower was to hit Rock/Steel types that were not weak to Fighting moves. The item Wide Lens is to help increase accuracy for both in-game and meta-game, and Leftovers was exclusively for in-game. Best of all, my moveset only uses two TMs, because I don't have a lot of them.

Please comment and give suggestions.

My Pokemon and teams are really bad. I just use the pokemon I catch and train them to have only the moves they can learn from level up and HMs. I don't have many TMs, so I don't use a whole lot of them.

First pokemon to rate:

Skuntank: Level 51

Known moves: Flamethrower, Fury Scratch (the one that has 18 power per scratch), Toxic, and Night Slash

Held item: Dread Plate

Purpose: a pokemon I use to chip down hp to catch level 40-55 wild pokemon.

I'd say its fine for its purpose, weaking pokemon to catch, but not so good for bieng on a competitive team (sweeper etc). I can make a moveset for it bieng a sweeper, but I dont know if thats what you want. Also if you do want it for a competitive team, plaese give natures, abilitys and what poisition it will be (I suggest a physical sweeper).

Hmm. A physical sweeper, eh? Sounds pretty good. Okay, here is the Skuntank's ability and nature.

Nature: Sassy (-speed, +something else, I forget)

Ability=aftermath

Posistion in battle tower(I don't have wifi, so I use it in 3-on-3 single battles)= type coverage. Only weak to ground, and my Lapras can easily cover that. Used to fend off electric, fire, and grass types.

Physical sweeper is basicly a pokemon with high atk and spd so they can take out other pokemon. Okay then, heres a moveset for it:

Psysical sweeper
Skuntank @expert belt (poers up super effective moves by ... 10% i think.)/focus sash (leaves you on one hp if you are going to be kod when on full hp)
Aftermath
Jolly (+spd -sp atk)/brave (+atk -sp atk)
Crunch/Night Slash (depends if you want to breed or not)
Poision Jab
Dig/return/Iron Tail/double team/toxic
Dig/return/iron tail/double team/toxic

Crunch/Night Slash and Poision Jab are for STAB attacks, Dig is for super effective damage against electric and fire like you wanted. Return and iron tail are just as fillers if you dont want dig. Double team can become very anoying to your opponant (unless they have a move that never misses), although im not very good with stat raising/lowering moves so you might need to check with someone else. Toxic is for if you get a really anoying phyaical wall and your attacks are doing nothing.

You could also use a special sweeper, although his attack is genreally better.

Special Sweeper:

Skuntank @Wise glasses (powers up your special moves slightly)/Focus sash/expert belt
Aftermath
Timid (+spd -atk)/Modest (+sp atk -atk)
Dark Pulse
Sludge Bomb
Flamethrower/Hidden power ice/fighting
Double Team/Toxic

...Pretty much the same as the last one but using special moves.
Dark Pulse and Sludge Bomb for STAB. Flamethrower and hidden power ice/fighting for coverage. Double Team and Toxic for the same reasons as before.

Wow. Great moveset. And I have those TMs! Thank you!

And here is another challenge, that moi, the horrible trainer, needs help with.

Vaporeon

Purpose/Position=In-game defeater of all Pokemon and trainers for money.

Nature:Relaxed (+defense, -speed)

Level:48 or 49

Ability: Water Absorb

Moves: Aurora Beam, Bite, Quick Attack, and Water Gun

Bibarel

Nature: Jolly (+speed, -sp. attack)

Level: 26 or 27

Ability: Simple

Moves: Waterfall, Headbutt, Cut, and Hyper Fang

Position= In-game HM slave with two decent learnset moves to catch Pokemon from level 25-30.

Special Sweeper

Vaporeon @Wise Glasses
Modest (+sp atk -atk)/Timid (+spd -atk)
Water Absorb
Surf/Hydro Pump
Ice Beam/Blizzard
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power fighting/grass/electric/Double Team

Surf/hydro pump provide STAB as well as Ice Beam/Blizzard. I would use surf and ice beam, because there more accurate, but if you want a move that does more damage go for hydro pump and blizzard (unless you use hail, which i think makes blizzard hit every time). Shadow ball is for coverage as well as hidden power (although its mainly a filler). Double Team is a filler.

Special Wall

Vaporeon @leftovers
Calm (+sp def -atk)
Water Absorb
Surf
Quick attack/Ice Beam
Aqua Ring/Rest
Toxic/Sleep Talk

Surf is for STAB as well as Ice Beam. Quick attack is for if the opponant is on low hp, or if you know you are about to be killed. Aqua Ring, paired up with leftovers can heal quite a bit of hp each turn. Toxic is to chip away at the opponants health. Rest @ sleep talk can heal more hp than aqua ring @leftovers, but if you come up against a defensive water type, (like Mantine or milotic) you'll have a lot of trouble.

Like Skuntank, Bibarel is fine for its job/position, but if you want to use him in battle, you should change him for a differant pokemon, like snorlax, becuase his stats arn't very good.

Thank you Carlos. You have been very helpful today. I really like the special wall moveset, so as soon as my little Vaporeon learns Aqua Ring, I'll start double-battling at the Battle Tower.

Now to the Biberal. Thank you for your input, and it has really been appreciated. Next time I go to the Elite Four, I'll use strategy instead of just plowing through everything with my Empoleon so my Bibarel can get a ribbon and it's picture in the Hall of Fame.

Hopefully I'm not double posting, but here goes.

Okay, I need help with raising a Larvitar to Tyrannitar. It's level 5 or 6 right now, and I need help with a few things.

a) Moveset for Tyrannitar that would be good for Battle Tower and in-game.

b) EV placement

c) Should I just give the Larvitar an EXP Share and just use my Empoleon to obliterate high level Pokemon to level it up, or should I battle low level Pokemon with the Larvitar?

It's current moveset is just Bite, Leer, and Sandstorm.

Okay, sorry if its been a while since i posted, its because my internet wasnt working.

Tank
Tyranitar @Leftovers
Adamant (+atk -sp atk)/Impish (+ Def -Sp Atk)
Sand Stream
Rock Slide/ Stone Edge
Crunch
Earthquake
Avalanche/Brick Break/ Curse

Rock Slide/Stone Edge and Crunch for stab attacks. Earthquake for coverage. Brick break for coverage. Avelanche has some good coverage (especially against dragons who usually have a 4x weakness) and doubles power if you go last. You may want to go for realaxed nature (+def -spd), if you want to ensure you go last, or equip the lagging tail wich makes you always go last. Curse is to boost your stats.

Ev's. Well, im not too good with evs but ill give it a go. 252 atk 252 def and 6 hp. I think thats how they work but you should check with someone else.

If you want to ev train it i suggest giving it the macho brace or one of the power items (prefrebly power bracer or power belt),to boost its evs, and training it up by itself, but it probley wont matter if you switch out to empoleon.

Cool. I even have an Impish Larvitar. Training begins.....*presses button* NOW!

Out of the move choices here is the moveset that I like.

Rock Slide= There's no recoil, and with STAB, the attack has about 112 power. It has 90 accuracy, so it is decent, and I could attach the Wide Lens occasionally.

Crunch= With STAB, it's power is 120. Not bad, and it has a chance of lowering Defense. It'll be good with Blackglasses and the Dread Plate.

Avalanche= To combat Grass and Ground types, and it could double if attacked earlier in the turn. I really like that.

Earthquake= Because it's an awesome move for physical attackers and it has 100 in both power and accuracy. But no STAB, sadly.

Item=Leftovers

Carlos, is this a good moveset from your options?

Okay, stupid question time. About the EV reccomendations, does that mean I defeat 6 Pokemon that give away three HP EVs, or do I just defeat any HP EV pokemon?

It means...
Say your empoleon killed a bidoof,wich gives you 1 hp ev, you would have to kill another 5 bidoofs so that you get 6 hp evs. If you killed a blissy, who gives you 3 hp evs, you would only have to kill another 1 of them to get your 6 evs. Hope that dosent sound too confusing, but thats what it means.

Darn it. New problem. I need help with a Chansey/Blissey moveset. I want it to be good at battling yet good at Contests, too.

Chansey= from egg given by guy in Hearthome

Nature:Quirky (I was soo lucky. It likes all poffins.)

Current Moveset: (it was in daycare for a while. I put it in and forgot about it, abd took it out at level 28, gave it the Oval Stone, and leveled it.)

Charm
Copycat
Sweet Kiss
Refresh

How do I fix it?

(Yay, 50th post!)

My personal Blissey moveset(ignoring EVs):
Thunder Wave/Sing
Seismic Toss
Softboiled
Protect/Refresh

Protect is there because of SubPunchers nowadays,which brings me to Tyranitar.

Tyranitar Moveset(again,ignoring EVs):
Substitute
Focus Punch
Dark Pulse/Crunch/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Dragon Dance
Dark Pulse/Crunch/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Dragon Dance

Beastly pwnage.Nuff said.

Psychic can be used over Refreash (if blissey's Nateral Cure ability is being used) so Blissy has some coverage against fighting types, and since Seismic Toss does nothing to ghosts. It isn't vital though.

True,quite true.BTW,a better moveset for Vaporeon is:
Ice Beam
Surf/Toxic
Substitute/Acid Armor
Baton Pass

Good Baton Passer.Try Substitute first though.

True,quite true.BTW,a better moveset for Vaporeon is:
Ice Beam
Surf/Toxic
Substitute/Acid Armor
Baton Pass

Good Baton Passer.Try Substitute first though.
Acid Armor has to be used if you are going to use Baton Pass. Otherwise, thier would be nothing to give to your next pokemon. So if your going to use him/her as a baton passer use this:

Vaporeon @Leftovers?
Calm (+sp. def -atk)/ Bold (+def -atk)
Water Absorb
-Surf/ Ice Beam
-Substitute/ Toxic/ Surf/ Ice Beam
-Acid Armor
-Baton Pass

Surf gets STAB, and for an attacking move, like Ice Beam. Substitute to get the stat growths safely (learned that from Platpi). Toxc, Surf and Ice Beam for if you don't want to hide behind substitute whilst getting stat growths. Acid Armor to raise defences, so you can Baton Pass them. Baton Pass for obvious reasons.

Personally, I don't like passing Acid Armor, I like passing Wish. Substitue only works well if you have a way to get the HP back...so Wish can easily work over Acid Armor. Just a piece of my mind.

Good to see that I've taught some stuff over my time here....

Agh! *pulls self out of posts* Too..many..posts....

The Tyrannitar and Vaporeon have been resolved. I only asked about a good contest/battle moveset for Chansey/Blissey. I already know about a good moveset for a battling Chansey/Blissey, I need one that will work for any contest, because it has a Quirky nature, and thus likes all Poffins.

But thanks for the input about the Tyrannitar and Vaporeon. I'll keep that in mind when I breed again.

Edit:

Drop the Chansey thing, please. I need help with my Staraptor. I have a good nature and the EVs are messed up because she was caught in the begining of my game, so I need help with a moveset that works with or around the Fly and Defog thing. I know they are bad moves, but I need a Pokemon to get from place to place.

Nature:Jolly

Level: 37 (so I can't make her learn Brave Bird yet)

Posistion: Dual role. HM slave that has Fly and Defog/In-game defeater of all Pokemon.

Current Moveset: Fly, Defog, A. Ace, and Close Combat.

I would like moves that counter her weaknesses while still being powerful and keeping Fly and Defog.

P.S I have already read Platpi's thread on competitive team building. This request is to help further my Jolly Staraptor's potential. It's already hampered though because of her HMs.