• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
Y

Yifun618

Hey everyone! This is a fantasy RP based on the e-book series, Coiling Dragon. (YOU DO NOT HAVE HAD TO READ THE SERIES TO UNDERSTAND THIS!!! ANY NECESSARY INFO ON DISCUSSION THREAD)
Discussion Thread and Character Sign-Ups: https://pokecharms.com/threads/coiling-dragon-rp-discussion.15869/

In this RP, the characters will travel around the Yulan Continent, fighting each other, other empires, and striving to reach the peak. There is no "main story" to this RP. you have free reign over your actions. You can try to become a peak level combatant, or maybe just a shopkeeper. The three empires are constantly at war, and you may participate in said wars for glory.

Enough said, let's go!

RP:

Aerien had been travelling for almost a week now. She had set off from her home town, Ashe City, in search of adventure. She was now venturing through the O'Brien Empire to the Mountain Range of Magical Beasts. She wanted to improve herself, and felt this was the only way. She wore just simple combat armour, her greatsword shining a dull gray colour on her back. Her feet were tired, but she persevered. Just a few more miles, and I'll be there! She excitedly thought to herself. Maybe she'd finally get some action in her dull life so far.

Mark limped down the path, leaning on his quarterstaff for support. It was a lightish-brown color, just about half his height. That bandit sure knew how to fight! He thought to himself. He looked down at the wound on his leg. It was still leaking out blood. His temporary bandage had quickly fallen off. Mark wasn't even sure where he was going. He had gotten mixed up after he was ambushed. He looked ahead and noticed a girl in combat armor ahead of him. He hoped she was friendly. Mark tried to speed up his pace to catch up to her, to no avail. He decided to just yell out instead.
"Hey, you!" He yelled out. "Could you help me out? I need some medical supplies. I'll pay you a few silver for some!" He said.

Miko hung about idly around the fringes of the forest leading up The Mountain Range. Her legs dangled off the branch she was comfortably perched on, and she chewed on some wild mint she had found around, watching her surroundings intently with sharp blue-green eyes. Her bow and quiver lay beside her, and her hand was stretched out, unconsciously and quickly counting and telling the arrows. Her musings were interrupted as her brain went out of autopilot and she snapped to attention - counting was done, 24 arrows. If she wasn't interrupted, she could atleast get an hour or two of practice out of these. Slinging the weaponry around her, she adjusted her satchel - containing only her frugal meal; she didn't care for heavy mid-day meals - and jumped down the short six feet or so. Landing on her knees, she ran her hands through the soil and fallen leaves before getting to her feet and began walking through the familiar terrain, taking her well-traversed trail to a rough clearing she called her 'training area'.

Y

Yifun618

Aerin turned after she heard someone yelling from behind her. He was limping towards her, and she could immediately see why he had yelled asking for first aid supplies. His leg was pouring out blood at a rather alarming rate. He seemed friendly enough, so Aerin decided to help out. She dug through her bag until she found some proper bandages, and motioned for Mark to come over. Aerin first introduced herself. "My name's Aerin. What's yours?" She asked, as she bandaged up Mark's leg. She could tell from his robes that he was a magician, she just didn't know what element.

Mark was extremely thankful. "My name? Just call me Mark." He said in reply. As soon as Aerin finished, and stood up, carefully leaning on his injured leg. It still hurt a bit, but at least the bleeding stopped. "I really can't thank you enough. Is it alright if I were to travel with you for a while? We both seem to be heading to the same place." Mark said. He felt he would be safer if he traveled with someone, and Aerin looked trustworthy enough. "I know it's kind of a lot to ask, but I think we'll be safer if we travel together."

A few birds sang above the creek where, just under a small waterfall, a lone human was meditating. His clothes (save for his undergarments), cloak, sword, and hat all piled up on the bank, the stranger to the forest kept his eyes closed, despite the chirping above them. His breathing was slow and calm, his expression peaceful. The only time his eyes DID open was when he heard footsteps approaching his direction, and the sounds of the songbirds were replaced by the flapping of wings. Looking up, Lao Chunyae scanned his surroundings for the source of the footsteps, eventually spotting a dark-haired girl with a bow and arrows. She seemed harmless, but Lao wasn't one to take chances. Diving off his seat, he silently swam toward the bank where his clothes and weapon were, keeping an eye on her as he did so.

Once again lost in thought, Miko walked, absent-minded and out of touch with reality. The path she traversed so often had beaten a path through the thick reeds, and the lithe girl barely made a rustle as she walked through the undergrowth. She didn't notice the chirping of birds, or the transcension to the beat of wings; such small, sweet expressions of nature were lost on her these days, for her mind wandered beyond the fringes of the forest, for where she had thrived for the longest time - she had, disturbingly enough, found herself thinking of the Capital. 'Useless!' were the thoughts and rebukes that passed through her mind these days; after all, without a tutor, she'd never progress beyond the first rank; a paltry achievement in the eyes of the ambitious female.

Regardless, as it stood, the usual sounds of nature might go lost on the mage, deep in thought, but the splash of water wasn't among the familiar sounds. The aqueous sound made her look up in surprise - and surprise it was as she watched a male swim away towards the opposite bank. Disbelief quickly morphed into anxiety and self-consciousness, and a certain amount of embarrassment as she turned away, staring fixedly at the ground next to her feet - my, what lovely leaves. While it was odd enough to encounter a passerby in this remote stretch of forest, it was odder still to meet a half-naked male who had taken it in his head to go for a lovely morning swim. What was he thinking? These forests weren't exactly the epitome of safety and protection to those who weren't familiar with her, or her with them.

Lao didn't seem to mind being caught in his underwear by a woman. After waiting a few moments to see if she would draw her weapon against her, he continued toward the creek's edge, still warily eyeing her bow, he sat on the bank and slipped his pants on. "I apologize." he said after a few moments of silence as he put his shirt on, "I didn't know this was your territory, or if anyone even came around here."

Last edited:
Miko managed an embarrassed half-glance at him, before immediately turning away. True, she was making a tactical error by keeping her back exposed to him, wearing no armour or any such, but she couldn't bear to view what she had verified to be a nearly naked man. She heard him apologize, and she stiffened as realization dawned on her. "It isn't," Her eyes sharpened, and in a fluid motion, she turned, drew an arrow and notched it, pointing the bow straight at the male. Yes, he was undressed - er, in the process of dressing - but that made it all the more easier to be able to strike him on his bared chest. "Nobody comes here, except me." He should know the implications of it; nobody would see if she were to kill him...or vice versa. "Nobody knows of this area, except me...and apparently you. So tell me, why are you here?" She continued warily eyeing the male, arrow held at the ready.

Having finished buttoning his shirt, Lao reached down and tied his sword back around his waist, the brass eastern-dragon head hilt gleaming in the sunlight filtering from the canopy of leaves above. "I'm just a traveler passing through." he simply stated, putting his cloak on with one swift motion and picking up his hat. "I've been wandering this mountain range for a long time now, trying to become strong enough to return to my homeland. However, if my presence here bothers you, I shall take my leave." He then looked to Miko, his heavily scarred face showing a rather nonchalant reaction to the drawn bow. "That being said, you can stop pointing that arrow at me. Someone could get hurt you know." he added with a slight chuckle.

The girl blinked in surprise; the male was surprisingly okay with having an arrow nocked at him. Most would atleast stiffen up warily. It took a great deal of either trust, or insanity to be as relaxed as he was. Disgruntled, she lowered her bow as he kindly - and a little condescendingly, she thought - asked her to. "You know, relying on your instincts is key to surviving here," She called out helpfully; however, the fact that he wasn't dead yet, after his proclaimed 'long time of wandering' must mean he was doing something right. Or...he could be a devastatingly powerful warrior or mage who simply wasn't concerned with someone of her mettle. She bristled at the thought; being fiercely competitive in nature, she couldn't bear being looked down on.

Her eyes lowered to settle on the hilt of the sword. A warrior? She almost scoffed, but managed to bite back the sound. Even though these were only the outskirts of the Mountain, the magical beasts roaming the area could reach up to the fourth rank. Miko was fairly confident in her ability to maneuver around, but him... she chewed her lip uncertainly. His heavily scarred face spoke of trials faced, true... She found herself reluctantly staring at him, wondering what to do next.

"Um, hey..." Her hesitant voice called out.

Lao stopped and turned around, a look of curiosity on him. "Yes? What is it?" he asked, pushing up the brim of his hat.

(I know it isn't a paragraph, but it's not like I could add any more detail to this kind of response...)

(Fair enough. I myself didn't know how to continue that last line xD Durr. Gotta think up something now.)

Miko tilted her head slightly when the male stopped. Questions buzzed in her mind. There was so much more she wanted to know; it wasn't everyday you met someone on the mountain, much less a passive human who wasn't bent on assassinating her. True, she didn't have many valuables to begin with...

"How long have you been here? And where do you come from?" In truth, if all this male wanted to do was train, well and good. He didn't seem to be much stronger than her, but then again she had had no formal warrior training. She...hadn't had any form of formal training. She pouted slightly at the thought. Where would she go from here?

Lao hesitated at the question, his eyes reflecting the pain he was recalling. He then sighed, and replied. "To be honest, I've been traveling so much, I've forgotten how long it's been since....since I left home." he recoiled with disgust at that last word. "I come from the kingdom of Jiang Shi, far to the east of the Yulan Continent." he added, to answer her second question. "If I may ask, why do you want to know?" He sat back down by the creek, waiting for a response.

The East? Miko's incredulity would be largely writ on her face. Not only was it a really far-off place - this man must have survived alone for at least a year - but it was a fairly well-known, wealthy kingdom. She blinked, staring at the man more curiously than ever. When he deflected with a question of his own - she noticed he sat back down, and she twitched; he was becoming comfortable, not good - she, like him, hesitated to answer. When it did, it was a rather rushed, awkward answer, "Oh! Well, no reason. It isn't every day you see someone...." She waved her hands in an effort to express what she meant, but inwardly she sighed. She would never be any good at social interaction. Regardless, it was the truth, and Miko knew it to be so. She glanced upwards, and in that fleeting glance, she noticed the sun had begun to ebb. This was the time when magical beasts were least active. Both of them could probably travel - or converse - safely. Wait, where had that last thought come from?

She shook her head vigorously, dispelling all false notions. She and this man - they were not friends! A stubborn look flitted across her face - considering she hadn't said anything out loud, these were rather curious gestures to be bodily expressed. As a last thought, she huffed quietly, looking aside, hoping for something, anything.

Lao smirked. "Yeah, I understand." he said. Then, after a short pause, he noticed her shake her head. Deciding not to question it, he also noticed the sun rising (or setting depending on what you mean by ebb). "It's beautiful, isn't it? The golden rays stretching like fingers over the earth, allowing their radiant warmth to fall upon all they touch." he said, a soft smile coming across his face.

(Ebb means to recede, so the sun was setting.)
(Also argh xD We're literally the only ones posting. @Rebirth_Cards, you here?)

Miko was awkwardly beginning to glance around her feet again when the man suddenly made a rather gentle gesture. She watched him stretch out his hand to let the sunlight lilt across his fingers. Unconsciously, she fell into a reverie of introspection. "It is," She agreed, albeit a bit stoically. The dappled sunlight flickered on the ground, and she could almost see the vegetation reach upwards, towards their source of life. "A literal ray of hope," she chuckled. It was slightly disconcerting that this man spoke rather like a priest, but regardless. She once again returned to curiously eyeing this man; true, she would end up staring at him for uncomfortably long, but...a stubborn curiosity had overcome her. Where had this curious man come from? Who was he?

(Dear god I'm out of ideas @-@ Where does character interaction go from here? Maybe a magical beast could pop up?)

Y

Yifun618

(OOC: so sorry! I wasn't getting notifications until you mentioned me, I had no idea you guys were posting.)

Aerin was about to respond to Mark's question, when she heard voices.
"I'd prefer if we part ways here." She whispered to him, then collected her things. Her hand tightened on the grip of her sword, and she stood up. She keeps through the forest, listening to the voices and following them. She hoped they were friendly enough. She kept herself concealed on the grass, making as little noise as possible.

(I think that's a good idea. Might give us all a chance to demonstrate our skills, too. Problem is, I have no clue what kind of creatures exist in Coiling Dragon, so I might need a little help in that department. :'|)

Lao seemed rather pleased that she was at least no longer hostile toward him. Taking in this breathtaking sunset always made him feel peaceful, like he was, at least for those fleeting moments, free of the pain and burdens of his past. "You know, I'm rather enjoying our conversation, despite how..." he cleared his throat briefly. "...awkward our acquaintance started out." he told Miko. "I've been on my own for such a long time, I've all but forgotten what it was like to have someone else to interact with." He watched a few fish swim along the creek as he said this.

Y

Yifun618

Aerin listened to their conversation, when she heard a rustling above her. Then there was screeching of a small bird. She identified the yell as a baby Thunderwing Hawk. That's when she noticed the nest. She stealthily climbed the tree, noticing the baby hawk was alone. This was her chance. She dug through her bag until she found it. A beautiful scroll with many ancient tunes and other languages. The last thing her father gave her before he disappeared. A Soul Binding scroll. She unraveled it and chanted what was written. The Thunderwing Hawk let out a cry, and then turned towards her. A bright light shone, and the ritual was complete. It was hers. As she started to leave with her new magical beast on her shoulder, she heard the one sound she had been dreading. The thundering of wings and the roar of a mother. The baby's mother. It's wingspan was about 7 ft. She rushed down the tree, and drew her blade. It looked to be about the fourth rank. This was a mistake.

Lao heard the cry of the mother Thunderwing Hawk and drew his sword. "Looks like we're about to have company." he said, glancing around to find the source of the commotion. Seeing Aerin and the mother Thunderwing, he rushed toward the conflict, a golden aura flowing from his right hand as he dashed toward the (assumingly) avian creature.

Y

Yifun618

Aerin instantly activated her fire Battle-Qi. She decided to not reveal her having two elements, as that was quite rare and she didn't want to cause commotion. She put her sword up just in time to block an attack from the claws of the furious mother. The impact almost threw the sword out of her hands. She was pushed a few steps back. She regrouped, and the red aura swirled more furiously around her blade. She gritted her teeth, then lunged. The baby Thunderwing Hawk cowered behind a tree. She swung her blade, letting the power flow through her. Her sword was starting to glow from the heat. The mother swiped a claw to connect with her blade, and Aerin was sent flying. The mother Thunderwing seemed injured. Blood poured from where her claw used to be. Now she was furious. Aerin wasn't much better off. She had been sent into a tree, and her sword had gone flying out of her grip. She coughed up blood, realizing she wasn't in the best situation.

Lao stepped up, leaping into the air and slashing lightly at the Thunderwing Hawk, gracefully maneuvering around it as he did so. Trying to find out it's attack patterns (as well as keep it's attention from the wounded Aerin), he repeated this pattern, swinging his blade with speed, skill, and discipline.

Miko was beginning to nod at the male's words - atleast the awkwardness was no longer one-sided - when suddenly a fierce cry arose. A Thunderwing! The fourth rank avians usually lived in packs, but this one was mercifully isolated. The female archer narrowed her eyes - only brooding females detached from the pack. Her eyes took in the massive blue (? It was blue in the book, right?) hawk, and her gaze frantically flitted to the aggressor. A girl - warrior by the looks of it. And the baby Thunderwing on her shoulder. Smart, taming the baby when it was young.... As Miko continued watching the Hawk, it didn't seem like such a smart decision.

Suddenly, in a blur, the male rushed to join the female in battle. Miko's eyes widened; even the two of them wouldn't be enough to take on a fourth rank beast. Maybe....
The beast hadn't noticed her yet. With a silent prayer, she nocked her arrow. Casting an incredibly basic wind spell on the arrow, she took careful aim at the hawk....and let loose.

Y

Yifun618

Aerin saw the arrow go flying, and sighed a sigh of relief. She knew there was no way the Hawk could take on all three of them. She crept around the underbrush, hoping to get around the Hawk without her noticing. She saw her sword glinting on the ground, and picked it up. It seemed a little bent, but it would do. She made it behind the Hawk successfully, and waited for a good opportunity

Lao took a blow from the Thunderwing Hawk, getting knocked back into a tree. As he hit the rough bark with a grunt, his sword dropped from his hand and landed point-first into the ground. Taking a deep breath to regain his focus, he tossed off his cloak and hat, and got into a fighting stance, his arms and hands aglow with his golden Light Battle-Qi. Rushing forward, he delivered a flurry of punches as he dashed under the hawk and stopped in front of it, his right arm's Qi taking the form of an Eastern Dragon. Please let this work... he mentally prayed. Then leaping up, he threw another punch at the Thunderwing's head, the Qi Dragon roaring as he did so.

Kyuukon

Previously Kyubi~
Blair was wandering around in the forest. She had held a rifle onto her back, since that was her main weapon. "Ugh..why is this place so big..?" She asked to herself. She had heard a few noises from the distance, but did not bother with it. After a while of traveling and still hearing the noise, she finally grew tired of it and began to head into the source of the noise. "This better be worth it..." She said to herself.

Y

Yifun618

Aerin saw the Thunderwing was distracted from the attacks launched at her. She kept her position, then charged. As she got closer and closer to the fearsome beast, she prepared. With a mighty kick to the ground, she lept a few feet in the air and landed on the creature's back. Everything seemed to slow down. She raised her dull gray sword above her head, and thrust downwards. The blade pierced the hawk's back, and was firmly implanted. The hawk reared back in pain, and took the other attacks. With one last kick, it threw Aerin off her back somewhere into the forest. The mighty hawk roared out in pain one last time, then collapsed. Aerin struggled to stand up, limping towards the aftermath of the encounter. It was dead, alright. The baby she had tamed came over to Aerin and tugged on her leg. She stroked it's head, and helped it onto her shoulder. She decided to go thank the other two who had helped her.

Kyuukon

Previously Kyubi~
As Blair arrived, she saw a person next to what appears to be a hawk that was dead. "Did that person kill that hawk?" She thought to herself as she stood in the distance while looking at her. "I'm guessing that hawk was the cause of it.." She thought as well. As she looked at the person, she began to take a step. To other's eyes, she looked like a 13 year old girl, but she was older. "Hey. You there." She said to Aerin. "Were you the one who took out that hawk?" She asked.

Lao let out a sigh of relief and went to retrieve his possessions. Putting his sword back into his scabbard, and then putting his cloak and hat back on, he sat down in the shade of a tree for a moment to let his soreness go away. Taking deep breaths, he allowed his body and Battle-Qi to relax.

Y

Yifun618

Aerin looked towards the girl. She took her for only a child. "I had help." Aerin replied, then set to work. She knew the meat from a Thunderwing was quite quite delicious. Aerin pulled her sword out of it's back, then carefully extracted some meat from it's sides. When she was done, she set to making a fire and starting to roast the meat. As Aerin waited for it to cook, she turned towards Lao. She made her way over, and knelt down beside him. "Thank you for the help. I wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for you." She offered her hand towards him to shake. "My name's Aerin. What's yours?" She asked, brushing some of her hair out of the way of her own sight.

Kyuukon

Previously Kyubi~
"Hm.." Blair took out her rifle and began load some bullets into it. "This should be enough to kill a beast." She said. She began to aim at a tree but she didn't fire.
"So who are you exactly?" She was curious due to her capability to kill the hawk. She sighed and placed her rifle onto the strap on her back.

"Happy to help." Lao replied with a smile, "My name is Lao. It's a pleasure to meet you." As he said this he shook Aerin's hand. "So, I'm assuming that avian is a native to this area?" He asked. Lao then glanced at Miko, curious if she'd come over.

Last edited:
Y

Yifun618

"Yeah. I just hope to the Sovereigns that there aren't any more Hawks around that heard the commotion." Aerin said in reply. She turned to Blair upon hearing her speak. "Me? My name's Aerin, fire Battle-Qi warrior of the second rank." Aerin put a hand on her hip, and leaned against a tree. She didn't want to reveal her second element, as a soul-mutate (someone of multiple elements) was quite rare. It was used more as a last resort. "What's your name?" She asked Blair. Aerin was curious as to how someone so young could survive at all near the mountains.

Kyuukon

Previously Kyubi~
"Don't underestimate my appearance, for I am a little older than you think." She stood up and faced Aerin. She was a little shorter than her though. "My name is Blair. Hm..what a coincidence.. I also happen to be a fire Battle Qi warrior as well. Nice to meet you." She held out her hand to greet her.

Y

Yifun618

Aerin shook Blair's hand. It was nice to meet someone of the same element every now and then. They could exchange pointers, if the time arose. Aerin spun the Thunderwing's meat on the spit until it was well roasted, then distributed the meat to everybody. It was quite delicious, as she had seasoned it just right. The baby Thunderwing even ate some, which Aerin found a bit disturbing. She realized she needed to name it. She couldn't just call it "the baby Thunderwing", after all.

Kyuukon

Previously Kyubi~
Blair took the meat and stared at this. "So I'm guessing this is the meat from that beast you killed? Huh.." She said quietly. After a while of staring at the meat, she decided to take a bite out of it. "As she tasted it, a blush came to her cheeks. Since she had a similar body of a child, she acted a bit childish when she tasted. "Delicious!.." She showed a small smile. She continued to bite out of it until she finished the meat. "You're a great cook!.."

Lao sat down and took a bite out of his meat. After a moment, he nodded in agreement with Blair. He then once more looked in Miko's direction, wondering if she was at all lonely. "Excuse me." he said, standing up and taking another piece of meat. He then made his way toward the archer and offered the food to her.

Y

Yifun618

Aerin never took compliments well. She blushed a little, but quickly covered it up. "Thank you! My dad taught me, before..." Her voice trailed off. "Never mind. So what are you doing in the mountain range?" She asked Blair, trying to change the subject. She didn't like talking about her father much. It was still sensitive. She took another bite of the meat. She didn't want to admit it, but she was quite surprised herself at it's fantastic taste.

Kyuukon

Previously Kyubi~
"Hm?" Blair was a bit confused from her statement about her father. "Her father..? I wonder why she stopped..I guess it's just a personal thing." She thought to herself. "Well..I usually travel to different places. So I stumbled across here..but unfortunately this forest too big. I've encountered other beasts around here which made this place more of a problem for me. It wasn't too bad until your magic runs out." She replied while sighing. "It's quite a pain."