• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

*click pop fizz!* Mmm... Sprite... (with tutorial!)

sprite.jpg

lol, okay really.
(I did not make the sprite-- it's a googled image. Everything else below I made)

Gym_Leaders__what_am_I_doing__by_DemandinCompensation.png
I made these a long time ago really, not so proud of them anymore...... ._. They have too much detail and shading to be pokemon related~! XD

I just editted the third, fourth, fifth, and the seventh in the rows. ^^ They look better now-- and more pokemon-styled! I think I'll replace the eighth one eventually. ._.
They were supposed to be Gym Leaders I made up throwing random characters I've had in other series/ fictions into play.

I'm working on new ones. ._. Trying to make new starter player characters. What color scheme should they have?

...Any ideas?
[size=18pt]Comments, Crits, Suggestions? Please?[/size]

Oh and back when I used to do requests, I did these as well:
spritecollection.png

Caley and Errol (Meowth transform) are from Pokemon Rebirth (I did them on a whim)
The lance recolor and the white one were requests back when PokemonCrater was still running, and the first red one was a whim from a picture I saw on deviantArt. ^_^;

New:

Pokemon Crystal: Legend of Thunder sprites! X3 I love that movie so much now.

I think that all of these are pretty good, I mean, a lot of shading isn't always neccesarily bad. Are they made/edited from third generation sprites? And is the first one, where the guy is like, flipping, is that scratched?
I think the Sprite is awesome, did you make it?

I think that all of these are pretty good, I mean, a lot of shading isn't always neccesarily bad. Are they made/edited from third generation sprites? And is the first one, where the guy is like, flipping, is that scratched?
I think the Sprite is awesome, did you make it?

No, I googled the Sprite. XDDDD
I guess I should take it down, considering. XPP

Some of my sprites I used certain elements from pokemon sprites to fix the poses (ex: maybe an arm or two), but most of them I drew freehand.
Yes, the first guy is flipping, and I made him from complete scratch. XP He's my favorite.

I like them, especially the fourth one. May I make a suggestion? Maybe outline them a little more. But other than that they're good. [size=3pt]Better than what I can scratch, anyway.[/size]
As for new starter player characters...what about clothing like Fantina's--sort of cosplayer but not really, if you know what I mean?

Great job! I love the third sprite. Keep it up!
Thank you! ^^//

[quote author=Mudskipper link=topic=3883.msg50375#msg50375 date=1204487291]
I like them, especially the fourth one. May I make a suggestion? Maybe outline them a little more. But other than that they're good. [size=3pt]Better than what I can scratch, anyway.[/size]
As for new starter player characters...what about clothing like Fantina's--sort of cosplayer but not really, if you know what I mean?
[/quote]

I know I need to outline them more. XPPP Thank you though.
...Fatina's clothing? For a starter player character? O.o It seems a bit much to me... There are a lot of things that stay consistent with the starter player's clothing (for one thing-- ALWAYS have a hat).
But I'll definitely consider it. Thanks again!

Yes, the hat or some kind of headwear is a must, but I think that the ther must would be that redish hue, all of the starters have that red. Just saying, red should be incorporated someway or another.
THat tutorial is very good! I probably will use it someday, except my style of shading is different from pokemon's.

...Fatina's clothing? For a starter player character? O.o It seems a bit much to me... There are a lot of things that stay consistent with the starter player's clothing (for one thing-- ALWAYS have a hat).
But I'll definitely consider it. Thanks again!
As always, I have directed someone to the wrong point. XP
What I mean by that is, you know how Fantina is sort of dressed like Drifblim, but not to the extent where she's a cosplayer? Maybe try doing something like that for a starter player.

Yes, the hat or some kind of headwear is a must, but I think that the ther must would be that redish hue, all of the starters have that red. Just saying, red should be incorporated someway or another.
THat tutorial is very good! I probably will use it someday, except my style of shading is different from pokemon's.

Oh there will definitely be red. ;) Thanks, I'm glad the tutorial is helpful! ^^;

[quote author=Mudskipper link=topic=3883.msg50450#msg50450 date=1204503731]
As always, I have directed someone to the wrong point. XP
What I mean by that is, you know how Fantina is sort of dressed like Drifblim, but not to the extent where she's a cosplayer? Maybe try doing something like that for a starter player.
[/quote]
Hmmm... but I wouldn't know which pokemon to pick. D:
(I don't have any original pokemon thought out threw yet >_o )

:D

Good tutorial! This'll help a lot with getting the proportions right with my scratch-spriting (it sucks x3)
I hope to see more.

~Slink

:D

Good tutorial! This'll help a lot with getting the proportions right with my scratch-spriting (it sucks x3)
I hope to see more.

~Slink

Aww! Glad to hear it. ^^
I like your banner too, they look good! ;3 I can only tell the second one has a used pose.