• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Chrono Cross- Ever heard of it?

Oh my god. Chrono Cross, and Chrono Trigger for the matter, were freakin awesome. They were great games, and by far, the greatest PS games. (Besides FF's, but that's a different game.)

So, what were opinion on these games? Or would you just love to listen about the epic awesomeness of these games?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Uhh... My opinion? Very different than yours XD

I don't like to associate Chrono Trigger with Chrono Cross, lol. While CT might be considered one of my favourite SNES RPGs - if not one of my favourite RPGs of all time - Chrono Cross certainly is not. I think it's enjoyable in its own right, but to call it "by far one of the greatest PS games"? Gotta disagree with you there. It couldn't hold my attention past 7 hours ^^;

But that's not to say I dislike everything about CC. I think its OST is very beautiful, most notably Radical Dreamers and Scars Left By Time (though there are many songs I love from it). I also give consideration to friends of mine who DID stick with it to the end and enjoyed the game on the whole, but the general consensus seems to be that, while good, it's not on par with Chrono Trigger.

I'm willing to hear some arguments against that widely accepted belief, though. I've been considering trying Chrono Cross again to see if I can stick with it this time (because I really hate commenting on stuff I don't have a good grasp on), but I've had so much else to play that it just hasn't happened yet.

Btw - I assume since you called CT a PS game, you played the Playstation port version...? That thing... It had the most ungodly load-times I've ever seen. Great FMVs or not (the FMV song remixes are squeeworthy), the load-times greatly hindered the game play experience for me. Give me the load-time free SNES version any day plzkthxbai @_@

(I acutally played CT on the comp. I dunno)

I love CC. I still play it. I mean, I just loved the options, weapons, elements, and such a large variety of characters. The bosses I liked, Harle for the win, and I just loved it.