• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Christmas Holiday Brawl Fest (And anything else people want to play)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Howdy.

So, most of you already know that we've been having weekly Pokemon WFC get-togethers, eh? If not, not important.

What IS important is that I'd like to hold a few group meetings over the Christmas holidays for non-Pokemon gamers with online/WiFi gaming access. Leaning more towards console gaming to be honest, but if enough people were interested in playing other DS/PSP/PC games that could work just fine. It's a given that a majority of us on Charms own SSB Brawl, so we're definitely including it in the mix (if not making it our major focus). Mario Kart Wii is probably a good candidate, too. We can take it further, though...

This is where you guys come in:

First, I need ideal times and days people are available. Right now, we hold our WFC Pokemon meetings on Saturdays at 6 PM GMT and 6 PM EST. Most regular Charms members seem to be online at those times (even if they aren't Pokeymanz-ing with us), so that might work nicely for this thing, too. If not, suggest another time and we'll consider it.

Second, aside from SSB Brawl I'm wondering if there are other games members might like to play. Anything is fair game so long as the interest exists, so we'll do this nomination-style. Nominate a game, and members can vote on whether they'd be interested in playing. If we get at least 4 people interested in a specific game, I'll shove it on a "master list" (whenever I sort one out XP).

Finally, once we have a time/date set out for this, I need to know how OFTEN people are interested in taking part (once all XMas holidays, once a week, etc.?). This is important, so please give your thoughts if you can.

And I guess that's it so far. If you are interested in taking part, please give your thoughts earlier than later - or else there won't be enough time to actually organize anything in advance. Thanks guys! :)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Cool. Thanks for the quick reply ^^

Also better mention this now. For the record, I have no intention of turning this into a regular thing after the holidays end. I just don't have the spare time beyond Pokemon stuffness, sorry XD

Keep the input coming, guys! ^^

Brawl on Sundays would be a wonderful thing for me. I could probably work out Saturday nights (If 6:00pm works for you guys, I could jump in at 7:00pm), but Sunday is definitely preferable, and really almost any time Sunday would be fine.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Saturday or Sunday... Those probably will be the best days, especially since if we wanted to do anything before December 22nd I wouldn't be able to attend it otherwise (I'd still be working).

Again I think I'd suggest these times: Sunday 6 PM GMT and/or 6 PM EST (but only if there was enough interest for a second time slot).

6PM Sundays works for me since I should be back home at around that time. It would be great to have some four man Brawls! Those are my favorites because that's where the funniest stuff happens.

I'm def. most inclined to do some brawling. I'm pacific timezone, so around noonish my time would probably be best (as far as working on either saturday or sunday) goes.

I'm pretty flexible though, and will join the brawl whenever there are lots of people or crazy stuff going on.

Tailon

Gryffindork
Like PTP, I'm in the West Coast US so about 3pm my time, 6 pm EST, or 6pm GMT would seem about right for most, on the weekend that is...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the input, you guys. I think that's all I need XD

I'm going to lock this now, and make a new topic for the actual event - or Sem will.

Let's do this :)

Edit: Click here :0

Status
Not open for further replies.