• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Charizard moveset

Your Electivire has FOUR electric moves. Get rid of Shock Wave and Discharge and go with either Thunderbolt or Thunderpunch. I think someone else can give you a better moveset than I can give for this one.

I recommend Gengar, Gallade, and any of the fire starters. Since you have an Electivire, I assume you have access to trading so Magmortar would be a good choice here. If you like to use '0obers' as they call them you could go with Metagross or Tyrannitar. Both can learn Earthquake.

metagross and t-tar are not 00ber, but they are OU. most legendaries, on the other hand, (and wobbuffet) are considered uber. the only exceptions are celebi, jirachi, and manaphy. and why don't you use kyogre instead of blastoise? since you've got yourself an almost entirely uber team, you might as well complete that thought. and why not dialga instead of flygon?

metagross and t-tar are not 00ber, but they are OU. most legendaries, on the other hand, (and wobbuffet) are considered uber. the only exceptions are celebi, jirachi, and manaphy. and why don't you use kyogre instead of blastoise? since you've got yourself an almost entirely uber team, you might as well complete that thought. and why not dialga instead of flygon?

Thanks for the information. I still don't know what an uber exacty is (I thought it was an overused Pokemon that had super high Stats in almost every area) still but here is a Gallade moveset.

Night Slash
Psycho Cut
Leaf Blade or Close Combat
Swords Dance or Brick Break

Night Slash is to take care of Ghost types. I'm not sure how many people know this but Gallade only takes standard damage from dark types because it is half fighting type. Psycho Cut is there for Stab and can put some serious hurt on Pokemon weak against Psychic moves. I just really like Leaf Blade and now Gallade is one of the few (heck it may be the only) Pokemon that can use this move well. Swords Dance raises Gallade's already high attack. Close Combat as well as Brick Break earn Stab. You can pick Brick Break if you don't like the fact that Close Combat lowers defenses.

for charizard:
flamethrower/heat wave
air slash
dragon pulse
brick break/earthquake

charizard has higher special than physical

[glow=red,2,300]flamethrower[/glow] and [glow=red,2,300]heat wave[/glow] for STAB, se against grass, ice, bug, and steel, heat wave, having more power and hitting both pkmn in a 2vs2, flamethrower, hitting a single pkmn, but this could be better in a battle if one pokemon you're battling has something like flash fire for an ability (both special)

[glow=white,2,300]air slash[/glow] for STAB along with being se against grass, fighting, bug, and ground [i think](special)

[glow=blue,2,300]dragon pulse[/glow] for dragon type opponents (special)

[glow=brown,2,300]brick break[/glow] for normal, ice, dark, steel, and rock types or [glow=brown,2,300]earthquake[/glow] for electric, rock, fire, poison, and steel (both physical)

Here's a Move set I have for my Charizard the user is banned but maybe if anyone else is looking for a moveset.

Charizard
Nature-Modest
Ability-Blaze
Move set-
Heat Wave
Air Slash
Focus Blast
Dragon Pulse