• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Catch of a Lifetime

Rockets, this is the lucky break we've been searchin' for. We've got our eyes on da haul of a lifetime, a rare 'shiny' Pokemon dat da feds are tryna sneak outta Sinnoh. They've got it in the back of an armoured truck, set to leave next week. The truck'll be crawlin' with trainer guards, I even heard dat Pokemon Champion Cynthia will be there guarding it personally. If we wanna make off with the haul, we gotta hit the truck before it leaves.

It won't be easy, the champ's hiding the truck somewhere in this massive complex, so we're gonna send nine of yous in to infiltrate. Three squads of three, to get in the trucks and shoot yer way out. We know that dere's three trucks, and two of 'em are decoys. Don't bother checkin' da backs of the trucks, we wanna get all three anyways. If we pull dis off, Team Rocket will have a clean foothold in Sinnoh.

If any of yous wanna get in on this haul, all you have to do is fill in a lil' form.
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory:
Other: (Optional)

Pokemon:

Species
:
Name:
Personality: (If only playing a Pokemon)
Backstory: (If only playing a Pokemon)
Other: (Optional)
Name: Beatrice "Bea" Brown
Appearance: Bea is short, with similarly short, and messy, chestnut brown hair. She has light skin and light brown eyes and prefers a plain white shirt with blue overalls and pants, being notably averse to anything too noticeable or fancy.
Personality: Bea has a somewhat over-the-top need to 'prove' herself. This can sometimes lead to rash, unnecessary decisions, but all-in-all it results in an incredibly motivated individual. She often deals with tunnel vision, focusing on whatever goal she has in mind and disregarding all the steps she has to take to get these. Even so, she is stubborn enough to keep fighting until she gets what she wants.
Backstory: Bea was born to two wealthy business owners, used to getting everything she wanted but railroaded into the family business. She absolutely hated this, and moved out at the first chance she got. Now, she's going to prove that she can make her own fortune, her own way. Whatever it takes.

Pokemon:

Species: Wormadam (Sandy Cloak)
Name: Carrot

Species
: Joltik
Name: Tater Tot

Now dat dat's outta da way, we do have a few rules you need to follow.

1) Follow all da rules of Pokecharms.com. We're good with challenging da feds, but even we're vulnerable to armblades
2) Don't open da backs of the trucks
3) Be respectful to da rest of yer team
4) Be respectful to all groups 'a people. None of dat racism, sexism, homophobia, or da like.
5) Tell us if yer unable to post fer any significant length of time. We can work somethin' out.
6) Don't open da backs of the trucks

With dat out of the way, welcome to da team! With yous all on our side, those twerps won't know what hit 'em. As long as you remember where yer loyalties lie, you'll be rich beyond belief after this. If you turn against us though, if you disregard our warnings and look into the back of da truck, the feds will be the least of your concern...

- Agent M

1 - Beatrice Brown (@Mr Fishykarp)
2 - Kaikane Kekoa (@Vaporeonn)
3 - Jenny (@EllieBeth)
4 - Gomez Delahaye (@DarkHydraT)
5 - Esp (@Super Lazy Man)
6 - RESERVED FOR @~Xero~
7 -
8 -
9 -

Last edited:
We ain't opposed to Pokemon servin' on their teams. Team Rocket's best operative is a Pokemon, after all
- Agent M

(You can be a Pokemon similar to Meowth that works within Team Rocket, but you cannot be the Pokemon inside of the truck)

Hi I'm definitely interested in this, but but sure whether I want to be a trainer or a Pokémon. Would pokemon be able to talk like Agent M (since I assume that's really not very common)? Or if I played a psychic type could I talk telepathically? Thanks!

Pokemon with the ability to speak definitely aren't common, but they are allowed. I might be remembering incorrectly, but I believe Meowth in the anime explains that he can't learn any new moves because he wasted all his experience learning to speak or something, so a talking Pokemon would probably be weaker than a non-talking one. A psychic type being able to talk telepathically is allowed outright

This might be a bit sobby :p Also tell me if 4 is too many Pokémon; I usually don't go for that many, but I just kept getting ideas for them.
Name: Kaikane Kekoa, goes by Kai
Appearance: Kai is tall, reaching almost six feet, and his build is slim. His dark brown hair is relatively long, falling across his forehead, and the back of it reaching the midpoint of his neck. He has tan skin and brown eyes, and, outside his work uniform, he usually wears clothes in darker shades and neutral colours.
Personality: Kai might seem intimidating, taking his height and occupation in account, but he is far from villainous, no matter how hard he tries to fake it. He has a soft spot for Pokémon (all, but the small and cute ones especially), and the people close to him. He is reluctant to open up to people, though, and keeps them away by acting cold and untouchable.
The thrill Kai gets from stealing collides with the morals he'd grown up with, but he tries to excuse his work with arguments such as, he could be doing much worse, and, it's all for a better cause.
Backstory: Kai's roots are in Alola, but he'd never been there; His parents moved to Sinnoh just before he was born. Kai has three younger siblings. They grew up in poverty, as the bills for his mother's medical treatment were too expensive, so he took it upon himself to help the family as the oldest child. He found Team Rocket after a few dead end jobs, but never told his parents. After his father found out about it, he was kicked out of the household, and the shame from disappointing his family stopped him from ever going back. Team Rocket were everything he's had since.
Other: He doesn't battle with Pokémon much, but he has a creative way of using their moves outside battles.

Pokemon:

Species
: Teddiursa
Name: Nini
Other: /

Species: Sneasel
Name: Zoe
Other: helps with lock pickings

Species: Luxio
Name: Spike
Other: his strongest Pokémon / the only one he uses in battles

Species: Misdreavus
Name: Missy
Other: /

This character idea might be a bit too crazy for this, so I can tone it down if it is to much!

Name: Jenny (Goes by Jen for short)
Backstory: Jenny is the daughter of Bill (from Pokémon Red). She grew up with a relatively normal life but since her father never spent time for her, being far too busy with his work, she grew resentful of him. As a result of this she ended up hanging out with the wrong crowd and eventually through them, joining team rocket. When she joined, she took the very rash decision that she was never going to go back home, she caught a powerful looking Pokémon and using her father's machine, switched bodies with it before heading off with her friends to join team rocket 'forever'.
Other: She tries to avoid team rocket activity near her home town, since she's a known missing person there. Like when her father was transformed in pokemon red and blue, she can speak English. She cannot speak pokemon, but is better than average at telling what they mean and can recognise some words, so is slowly teaching herself.
Appearance: A normal Nidorina but with the team rocket logo tattooed on her left arm in purple.
Personality: Jen is happiest when she's out on a mission with other grunts and loves the adrenaline rush. If she doesn't find her role exciting however, she's known to act on her own, trying to put herself in the centre of attention, by trying to act cool or powerful. Although she generally gets along with other grunts she is known to anger easily if people mention that she's a human but somewhat hypocritically, will also anger if she's treated like she's just a Pokémon. She is somewhat of a joker when hanging with grunts she's friends with outside of missions, and is the kind of friend who would do any kind of dare or challenge if it gets attention.

Pokemon:
Jen owns a Pokemon, a Houndour, but she did not bring it with her to Team Rocket. She wants to get another Pokemon at some point in the future. If she did/does she wouldn't keep it in a ball often.

Last edited:
Creative, I like it! Accepted!

To clarify, what happened to Jen's original body? Is it inhabited by the Nidorina? Where did it go? For her to be a missing person, the body either hasn't been found or they know she swapped with a Pokemon.

Name: Gomez Delahaye
Appearance: Gomez is a tall and slender man with dark skin, brown eyes, stubbles and black hair that is a poofy mess underneath his flat beret. He has long arms, legs and fingers. He wears a black jacket with wide sleeves that is always open, exposing a purple shirt that slightly exposes his midriff, a pair of black pants with wide legs and a necklace with two teeth of a Feraligatr on it. He has a red leather belt with a pocket for a deck of cards that he frequently uses along with a Duskull skull and crossbones tattoo at the nape of his neck.
Personality: Gomez is an extravagant man who loves to act as a magician and dazzle people with his sleight of hand tricks eith his cards and his Ghost Pokémon. He enjoys toying with others and manipulating them to do what he wants, along with threatening to curse people who antagonise him with his Pokémon. He can appear a bit overwhelming at first, but he is a cunning man underneath his flamboyant behavior. Although fickle, he always meets his end of bargains or deals. Preferring to solve conflicts and problems by talking and diverting the attention of people to prevent casualties, Gomez always is quick to improvise and come up with a plan or a story. That being said, he is no stranger to battles and often uses un-orthodox combinations of him speaking and letting his Pokémon do things whilst the opponent is distracted. He also has a short temper if someone calls him a charlatan and dismisses his 'psychic powers' as nonsense and his dedication can easily switch from the mission to proving the person wrong.
Backstory: Having grown up in poverty, Gomez did everything the law considered to be illegal. From breaking and entering to mugging, he did it all as long as no one got hurt. As he was running away from a new victim who caught onto him, he hid in an old decrepit building. Although feeling safe at first, he'd soon feel four pair of eyes stare him down as a Duskull, Gastly, Sableye and Shuppet appeared. Managing to befriend them, he quickly began devising a way to use his new friends for personal gain. He decided on acting as a magician, preforming card tricks and letting things float with the help of his ghosts. Whilst the crowd was busy looking at him, Sableye would pickpocket the crowd and give the valuables to Gomez who would then quickly run away to avoid getting caught. Having caught wind about the operation of Team Rocket, he was lured in by the mention of riches and signed up.
Other: Gomez is an incredible dancer.

Pokemon:

Species
: Gastly
Name: Demos
Other: The third of Gomez' Pokémon to approach him, he greeted him by laughing at his face.

Species: Shuppet
Name: Voodoo
Other: The first of Gomez' Pokémon to approach him, she greeted him by sticking her tongue at him.

Species: Sableye
Name: Lonbraj
Other: The fourth of Gomez' Pokémon to approach him, she greeted him by copying his movements and staying only one feet away from him like a shadow.

Species: Duskull
Name: Auge
Other: The second of Gomez' Pokémon to approach him, he greeted him by rolling his eye at him before closing it to imitate a smile.

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
Species: Espeon
Name: Esp
Appearance: (If only playing a Pokemon) she has a bit more fur on her chest thana regular Espeon.
Personality: calm and straight to the point. She won't be into distractions, she has an R for rocket on her paw
Backstory: (If only playing a Pokemon) an abandoned pokemon, her trainer wanted her to evolve into an Umbreon, but due to circumstances, she became an espeon, extremely saddened, she walked and walked and walked, until she stumbled into Rocket headquarters
Other: (Optional) Talks telepathically, has a bright blue scarf

Last edited:
Creative, I like it! Accepted!

To clarify, what happened to Jen's original body? Is it inhabited by the Nidorina? Where did it go? For her to be a missing person, the body either hasn't been found or they know she swapped with a Pokemon.
In this case I'd assume it's probably either with the police or her father, either way it's being somehow preserved and/or looked after. Definitely sucks for the nidorina in it though. It can also be assumed that the police know she's a nidorina based on the fact her body would have been in the machine and would be registered for a nidorina and it probably wouldn't be too hard for them to find out she's in team rocket. She's not exactly a high priority case or anything though. I final thing I should note though, is that it occurred to me that Bill can talk when he's transformed in red and blue so do you think I should update it so Jen can also do this?

Edit: I'm gonna update her bio so she can talk, if that's ok

Alright, it's been a few days and I might have to retract my previous remark. Even though we didn't hit the 9 RPers that I ideally wanted, we still have a decently sized team (I'll just have everyone go in together, instead of three smaller units). I'll probably start the RP around this time tomorrow, unless we have any objections.

Species:gardivior
Name: shadow
Appearance: gardivior with gallade blades on her arms
Personality: cold, and distant from everyone around her, she is fearful of being hurt and captured by even pokemon due to her black/purple coloring as to many it is a mark of her being a shadow pokemon when it was caused by the humans that had experimented on her from when she was but a young ralts
Backstory: shadow was a young ralts when she was taken from her family in hoen and taken to sinnho where team galactic experimented on her to make her a weapon for them to use to capture the creation trio before she was recused by a group of team rocket member and has helped them were ever needed since as she owes them a great deal for getting her out of that lab she had been trapped in
Other: hates being in closed spaces and will hurt anyone trying to capture her

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, but this RP is kinda dead. I left it too long without posting the actual thread and everyone in the RP has been offline for more than a week, so there isn't much chance of this actually happening.