• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

BrightSide's Sprites

I'm trying to get some feedback on my spritework.
Looking for helpful critiques.
Not taking requests.

TCG/Puzzle Challenge Revamps
revamps2.png

Gold/Silver Revamps
revamps-2.png

D/P Devamps
devamps.png

Other Revamps
revamps-1.png

Custom Trainers
comictrainers2.png

trainer.png

Please comment and critique.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
The revamps/devamps I don't care for; recoloring is recoloring. ;P

Trainers aren't too bad that. I'm especially liking your dancer, and the youngster's not bad.

Starting from the top left: head looks unnatural, like you really only did stick it on there, and at an awkward place at that. He's also missing a neck.

Next one; her legs look a pixel too wide, otherwise alright, too much green though.

Next guy, same problem with your first guy, head is set awkwardly. And he has no shoulders, makes him look like Ron Stoppable.

Purple haired girl has funky shading in the back of her hair, or lack thereof.

Cybery-guy looks cool, though some shading on the left hand would help distinguish it from the rest of his body.

Grunts have really short right arms.

Matrix-grunt has some funky clothes that make him overall unpleasing to look at :/ Can be fixed with some better shading.

Kneeling guy, not much to say, though I like the colors.

Purple person who I think is supposed to be a girl; looks too masculine, at least make her not flat-chested. Also the left arm looks awkward, maybe it's the position of the ball in her hand.

Sword-guy looks neat, overall decent job.

Same with the kid, though the legs look a bit short, even though they are bent, might be just me though.

Like the next girl's hair.

This guy's got too much stuff going on. The lower belt doesn't seem to be going around his leg like it should, unless that's the end of a too-big belt. Right hand; can barely tell it's there, needs more shading. Face looks weird, and I'm not sure if those are glasses on his head or that's just his hair. All in all he looks like an overly-angsty Cloud Strife.

Last one. I like the outfit for this person, though the veil/mantle/whateveritis on the shoulders looks a bit too big. Now... the head... I can't make out anything. I'm not sure if that's what you intended but I'm sure there was a better to do it if so.

Either way. Keep going. And make sure to submit that dancer to the TCM... if you want to that is xP

The revamps/devamps I don't care for; recoloring is recoloring. ;P

Recolor? A simple recolor is useing the eraser tool in Ms paint to run across the sprite with new colors. I completely changed the shading and outline shading. That's a revamp, not a recolor.

Starting from the top left: head looks unnatural, like you really only did stick it on there, and at an awkward place at that. He's also missing a neck.

I'll be trying to fix this one along with othe trainers I didi a while back and never fixed. The dancer and some of the better trainer designs are relatively new, which is why they aren't so flawed.

Purple haired girl has funky shading in the back of her hair, or lack thereof.

Purple person who I think is supposed to be a girl; looks too masculine, at least make her not flat-chested. Also the left arm looks awkward, maybe it's the position of the ball in her hand.

Lol. It's a guy. I'm probably just going to change his hair all together.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Sorry, my bad :p Recoloring + reshading.

Either way it's not exactly something difficult, quite the contrary, so not really something I would think worthy of showing off; that's just me though.