• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Breeding Question

Ditto can breed with anything (except a select few), right? But, will it breed with anyone? When the daycare person tells you that the two pokemon prefer to play with each other, or like each other or whatever, that means they're probably gonna breed right? I put My ditto in with my Hitmonlee(in Firered), and the Old man told me "The Two don't seem to like each other much."

Does this mean that my ditto won't breed with this particular hitmonlee, or hitmonlees in general? Or will they still mate, but just hate each other anyway?

From what I understand, what the Old Man says relates to the two individual Pokemon, not their species. So, yes, Ditto will breed with anything non-Legendary, as long as they get along.

What he says, though, indicates how long it'll take to make an egg. I forget which phrase indicates they won't, but I don't think it's that one, oddly enough.