• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Blades of Azoth (Medieval Fantasy RP)

[RP Discussion/Sign-Ups]
[RPers: @Eeveechu151, @SailorInSpace, @Godjacob, @Rohan Kishibe, @Crims0n, @Red Gallade, @kyuukestu, @DarkHydraT, @DManArt&RP, @Fraseandchico, @Spoiled Bread, @Generation Sect]

For over a thousand years, the four kingdoms have lived in peace.
Infernia, land of the raw flames.
Yantarlia, land of the sweeping waters.
Canyotopia, land of the harsh deserts.
And Iuppiter, land of the floating cities.
Each of these four lands, residing on the continent of Aeriden, supported each other to become a thriving community. Humans, residing in the former three kingdoms, and elves, residing in the latter kingdom, united to form the backbone of society itself. The fairies ensured the land remained peaceful, while the dragonborn and the "lesser" races survived on their own terms.
But a few years ago, that all changed.
The former king of Infernia perished, and his oldest son rose to take the throne. Despite all prior signs, this oldest son wanted nothing but the conquest of the other kingdoms. The new king wished to take the entirety of Aeriden as his domain.
Yantarlia was the first to resist, striking at Infernia as soon as they entered their territory. The two kingdoms began to battle - Yantarlia to maintain existing world borders, and Infernia to break them down.
As for Canyotopia and Iuppiter? Canyotopia decided to remain neutral in the conflict, allowing both kingdoms to do what they wished, while Iuppiter broke ties completely with the other kingdoms.
While the King of Yantarlia remains on the home front, guarding the kingdom alongside his eldest daughter, the Prince of Yantarlia takes to the battlefield to strike against Infernia alongside his soldiers.
But a new arrival will soon shake the war effort... What happens when a man arrives from outside of the four kingdoms? How will he change the tide of war?
And what does him being a Dragon Sorcerer mean for the mythology of Aeriden?

Heavy footsteps.
Lily Torin could not help but notice how loudly the metal boots of her fellow soldiers clanked on the ground. For such a relatively small group, they made quite a bit of noise... for one flying just above them, at least.
Prince Veneok Calilas was certainly a strange man. Everyone in that group knew it. Instead of taking an army of over five hundred men, like most other rulers were, Prince Ven only ever traveled the battlefield with an army of thirty. Lily had never asked, but she was sure the Prince had his reasons for this odd choice.
She was sure those reasons would only make her love him more.
Dawn, the pegasus under her, trilled, bringing Lily back to her senses. Right. Not the time to let my crush cloud my mind. Got it. Lily thought, looking dead ahead.
Just a few hills away, she could see the village of Mossley. The farming town had been a useful resource to the war effort, producing fresh rations to the army. Unfortunately, its close proximity to the Infernian border made it an ideal target for the enemy army to capture. For two weeks now, the town had been under the control of the Infernian army, quickly captured with only token resistance. Yantarlia had had no time to send a defense force.
Now, however, the town had caught the interest of the Prince. Since the cavalcade had already been in the area to meet with some mysterious ambassador, the Prince had told the others that morning that they were to take the town.
Their party had been reduced to twenty-nine, however, when Prince Ven had made a somewhat odd choice to send Pixel, the fairy, and Pearl, one of their two mages, ahead.
No time to dwell on that now. The party had arrived to the border of the city. Lily quickly ordered Dawn to soar down to ground level. She landed next to her fellow Pegasus Knight, Zephyr Aurelio. Nearby she could recognize Gwen Carvos and Jasper. Just in front of her was Prince Ven himself.
"What now, milord?" she asked.
From the castle ahead, two axe-wielding warriors noticed the approaching party. "Wh-what the...! Those are Yantarlians! Alert the Captain!" one of the soldiers said. The other nodded, dashing off. "You there!" The remaining soldier marched forwards, taking his iron axe from his back. "Who are you? State your purpose!"

In a nearby forest, Pixel fluttered her wings, weaving in and out of the trees. After having decided to liberate Mossley Village, the Prince had asked her and Pearl to go ahead and meet with the Ambassador at the previously-decided meeting point. This ambassador... They didn't know much about him, but the Prince had told him it would be obvious he wasn't from the normal kingdoms. Pixel had to wonder about that. Just what about him would be so different that she'd tell at a glance?
"You're sure this is the way?" Pixel asked behind her.
"Positive, the Prince gave us exact directions."
"Well, I hope he didn't mess up, because right now I'm not seeing-" Pixel's phrase was cut off when she suddenly slammed into something. Because of her size, it felt like a concrete wall. Pixel flew back, holding her head in agony. "OW! What was-" When Pixel opened her eyes, what she saw was strange.
It was a man, about six feet in height, holding a spot on his head - presumably, she had bumped into him. He was wearing some sort of dark purple robe with symbols on it she couldn't recognize.
And he had white hair.
Not silver, like the prince.
WHITE.
That wasn't something you would see in the four kingdoms. Especially not from a man as young as this one. Pixel's eyes opened with a startling realization.
"Oh. Oh my Gods, I'm so sorry!" Pixel frantically flew around the man's head. "Are you alright? I didn't hit you that hard, did I? My apologies, Ambassador!"
"...Ambassador? What?" the man questioned, looking at her.
"...wait, hold up. You... are the Ambassador, right?" Pixel questioned.
"I'm... not sure? I can't remember anything..." The Ambassador groaned.
"Uh huh. Okay. I think I got it. You have amnesia." Pixel deducted. "Well, shit."
"Is there a problem, Miss...?"

Pearl walked behind. The blue mage gown she wore contained a few scratches from the rocks she had to crawl between to get her.
"You're sure this is the way?"
"Positive. The Prince gave us exact directions." replied Pearl.
Suddenly, after seeing Pixel grow frantic from bumping into the likely the wrong person, Pearl grew somewhat annoyed.
"You seriously are worried about him over yourself?" asked Pearl, putting her red glove on her face as apart of a facepalm. She used her other free hand to create a teal magic circle with various runes and a seashell image at the center. "Come here, Pixel. Your leg is scratched from his brick head."
"Also, what exactly are you doing in this place, Sir?" asked the icy eyed mage. "Do you realize the monsters here can kill civilians? Were you attacked already?"
Question after question, she did not let up.

Prince Ven showed not signs of duress, or concern when their legion had been spotted by one of the soldiers who asked about his business. Since the taken village was their stronghold, the idea Ven had was to pull them away from it. A method to draw the soldiers out from the fortified castle.

"Taking out the guard should be a good start. But we need a way to lure the soldiers out of that castle. Get them to fight on favorable ground of our own." Prince Ven said to Lily, as he made a single to have an archer at the ready. One who'd be obstructed by others in the legion as Prince Ven would try one attempt to play to reason with the guard.

"I am Veneok Calilas of the Kingdom of Yantarlia. I am here, to urge you and your company to cease your campaign and leave the good people of this village be. Cease, or we will be forced to take action." Prince Ven said with a commanding tone, as he had a subtle signal at the ready for the archer to take the guard out at a moment's notice should he aim to charge them or fall back to the fortress to assume a defensive position.

"Oh c'mon, Pearl! It's not that bad!" Pixel huffed as Pearl used her magic to heal the fairy. "Besides, this man's gotta be the Ambassador! Just look at his hair! There's no white-haired people in Aeriden."
"I'm... afraid I can't answer your questions, miss." the man said to Pearl. "I can't remember. But thank you for the information about the monsters."
"Wait, what do you know? You can obviously speak Common." Pixel questioned, flying back over to him.
The man put a hand to his chin, thinking. "...my name's Shard Tempus. I was supposed to meet with someone at a large cross-shaped tree. Aside from that, I can't quite recall..." That's when Shard glanced down towards his right hand, his eyes slightly widening.
"A cross-shaped tree...? That was the rendezvous point the Prince gave us. So you MUST be the Ambassador!" Pixel said.

"The Prince?" the guard was shocked. "Mossley belongs to Infernia now. It is a territory under the king's sovereign rule. As Infernian troops, we will NOT lose it, especially not to a measly pack of troops. Not even an army!"
Lily scowled. The soldier talked a big game... but that was all it was, she could tell. Talk.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Zephyr Aurelio, the only child of the Aurelio nobles, was currently walking along the dirt path that led towards the village of Mossley atop his Pegasus Apollo. The area was quiet, too quiet for his liking, but there was no time to hinder his duties to think about the scenery. The squadron of thirty, led by the Prince of Yantarlia himself, had a mission to reclaim the land that was taken by Infernia. His train of thought was thankfully put back onto the mission at hand as Lily Torin landed beside the black haired latter on her steed Dawn. No words were spoken from the squadron, as everyone is dead focus at the task at hand and looking out for any potential dangers. The uncomfortable sounds of hooves crunching dead leaves among the dirt path, the clanking of metal boots, and the rustling of movement behind him.

The silence was suddenly broken as his fellow Pegasus Knight beside him asked the Prince herself: "What now, m'lord?" Her voice soft spoken, but seriousness seeps through.

The answer was interrupted by a pair of knights wielding axes within their hands. One ran off to alert their captain while the other bravely marched forward, despite the thirty man army standing right behind the prince, asking for their purpose for being on "their land." The prince quickly, but quietly was able to respond to Lily. Zephyr, practically right beside Lily and behind Prince Veneok, was able to pick up his response.

The prince was able to retort back, confidence and determination seeping through his voice, trying to get the enemy to back down. Zephyr supported the fact that the prince was allowing the enemy to back down while he can, but the warrior was too stubborn, going as far to insult the squadron they had against him. Zephyr was all in for giving out chances, even to those who may not deserve it, but if the foe doesn't take that chance, their loss.

The male gripped Apollo's rein, ready to take into the air at the call of the Prince. Their archer at the end of their lines probably ready to take down the warrior single-handedly. He feels bad though, maybe this warrior was actually innocent and following the order of their captain, but one thing for sure, is that Yantarlia will reclaim their rightful village.

"Welp, apparently so...That's really not good..."
Meanwhile, a fairy dressed in red armor flew threw a swamp near one of Yantarlia's gem caves. The fairies wings were stained a black color with red veins decorating them. As he flew through the cave, he let out a sigh. It was rather annoying to take this route to the capital. Far too much beauty decorated the path of shining stone.
Back at the Ambassodor's location, Pearl found herself at a loss. Not a single potion she had would help the situation. Nor could she cast a spell to bring back memories she was not apart of.
"Ambassador...Would you be willing to come back to Yantarlia with us? I know a few Sage doctors who could try to help your forgetfulness...Or at the very least, tell us whats wrong."

Ignette was bored. These past weeks had been too peaceful. No more skirmish from the villagers who escaped to the forest, no more resistance from the villagers who got captured. She spent most of her time playing cards with another guard.

"I win again." Ignette said to the groaning guards, taking all the chip.

"Damn, she just learned this game for three days and already drain all my chips." Yelleded a guard, he got up and slammed the door behind him.

"One down, who's next?" She asked the other guards who were still with her. However, she thought these guards were too easy. She wanted a challenging foe, a worthy one. Her wish was granted. A guard ran from the direction of the gate. He yelled something about getting ready for an attack from the Yantarlian prince and continue to ran toward the headquarter, where the captain reside.

Hearing the announcement. Ignette jumped from her seat and flew toward the gate. The other guard she left looked at each other before scooping her chips into their sacks.

Finally something happen!!

Ignette was too excited when she saw a line of soldiers standing behind the brave prince. Well, foolish might be the most appropriate. Revealing himself to the enemy like that.

She turned to the size of a kid, she's still blue tough so no one would mistook her for a real kid.

"Welcome to Infernia. The land of spewing fire and spewing glory!" She shouted joyfully while walking toward the group and stopped beside the guard, if things get worse at least she would had a meat shield.

"I'm Ignette, the vice-captain here." The guard beside her gawked at her statement. It's understandable tough because she's not the vice captain.

"If you want to talk to the captain. How about we wait for him inside? We have tea and cookies." She smiled brightly at the Yantarlian prince. "I assure you no one will be scatched. As long as things go smoothly!"

Carolean was wandering around Mossley Village, trying to remain inconspicious in the crowd and looking for some jobs. He didn't like being close to Infernia soldiers as he was still a deserter, but hiding among the crowd has shown to be effective time and time again. This village was taken over by Infernia but Yantarlia would free it, this village was known for being a farming village and thus capable of creating fresh rations for both sides. He just hoped he could survive long enough in this place, not to mention strangers always stick out in villages. The inhabitants could see him as an spy of Infernia or Yantarlia and draw unwanted attention to him.

He swiped a goblet that a smithy made as the blacksmith turned away from it to work on other items. Carolean didn't care about the problems that would occur when they found out the goblet was missing, he needed money and something like that was just begging to be stolen. He hid the goblet underneath his cloak and kept walking, although he quickly stopped and did as if he was very interested in a wall when he saw an Infernia soldier. He hoped that the soldier would leave him alone, and they did. Instead they harassed a child and that didn't sit well with him. He raised the hood of his cloak and made his way to the soldier, like an overgrown bat to its prey. He took off the helmet of the soldier and when the soldier turned around, gave them a headbutt that knocked them out. "Go now, stay out of trouble." Carolean said to the child as he tossed the helmet away and left the village, drawing too much attention to himself to stay any longer.

This war should not draw children into it, they have no say in this.
He thought bitter as he encounted an army of thirty, catching him off guard and almost wanting to dive into the nearest bush. After forcing himself to keep walking as to not draw attention that could be avoided, he noticed that the armor was not Infernias armor but that of Yantarlia. They must've come to free the town, he was sure of it. But what was that soldier doing? Did they seriously think that they could hold back thirty soldiers at once? Man, I knew that Infernia soldiers are loyal but not that they were stupid. He shook his head and decided to keep an eye on this foolish soldier, it would be fun to watch this fool lose.

Levia gestured subtely, her heels prodding the sides of her mount, spuring the eqeustrian to motion. Her hands carassed Salacia's mane, easing the horse into a light trot as she neared the Prince. She positioned herself off to his side, a few paces in front of him, but well out of his way. Just as the Prince had signaled for their archer -prepped to loose an arrow and claim the life on an Infernian Soldier- so too might the Infernia lay in wait, their bows knocked and eyes trained on the Yantarlian Prince. Should he loose his head here, Yantarlia would no doubt suffer a heavy blow.

Fingers tightening on the handle of her lance, she preped the weapon for interception. She didn't believe herself so skilled as to knock an arrow from its mid-air-flight, but she was confident she could react fast enough to sweep the Prince to the side and out of harm's path. As Salacia pawed impatiently at the ground, Levia trained her eyes on the Silver haired lordling. A troublesome leige he was -refusing to stay safely tucked behind the walls of the royal castle- but that was exactly what made him loveable, his good intentions and willingness to see things through with his own eyes.

While the noble in her would chastise him for being on the front lines, the soldier in her was inspired, a bubbly elation that came from standing shoulder-to-shoulder with the Royal heir, entrusting their lives to one another. The Prince was leader, a symbol, and so much more than that! His actions on the field inspired troop morale and allowed them to fight with 110% of their strength... All the more reason why he shoudn't subject himself to danger so recklessly. A true conundrum, looping thoughts of should he or shouldn't he that found her spinning in circles.

Shaking her head vigorously, her blue curls bounced about her shoulders, drifting in the wind just as her thoughts drifted from her mind. She would lay her thoughts to rest for now. Perhaps she would return to them on their next outing. However, what mattered was the here and now -the battle currently afoot.

As the Infernian commander invited them into the village she once again turned her attention to the Prince -and shook her head lightly. She pointed towards their horses and pegasi, then towards their mages. Their advantages were in mobility and magic, they didn't have much in the way of direct melee fighters. To enter the village of their own accord was akin to crippling their own limbs. The horses would not be able to move nimbly on the narrow streets, nor their mages able to act unresevedly in fear of damaging Yantarlian civilians or housing. The pegasi would fare much better, they and their riders would not be subject to the cramped streets where the Infernia would render their possibly larger numbers ineffective, and slowly grind them to death.

She attempted to hold his gaze, before breaking it in a soft bow -Salacia staggering backward under her propting. Her unspokemon message was deferrence. While she didn't believe they should enter the village, she would heed whatever decision the Prince made.

Last edited:
Prince Ven sighed a bit as the guard naturally refused to comply with his request. An unfortunate but expected result, as he figured now was the time to take him out and prepared to give the signal to the archer to fire the arrow.

....only for what appeared to be a kid to show up as she made her "generous offer" to talk with the captain over tea and cookies inside.

This caused Ven to sigh, as it naturally complicated matters. Prince Ven vowed to do what he can to protect his people and combat Infernia, but striking down what appeared to be a child seemed too cold blooded for him. He'd have to at least try to find an alternative option here, especially given just walking into the enemy's stronghold was a suicidal option, and given that she made the invitation he felt it was fair to offer a counter proposal.

"I think it's less than inviting to walk into the enemy stronghold in such a matter for this. No offense I am sure your intentions might be pure but it just does nothing for comfort level. Perhaps we can get this captain to meet in neutral ground? You are free to bring cookies and tea to your heart's content." Prince Ven offered as a counter proposal, he didn't expect an agreement but if nothing else this conversation would distract them and get them talking. At the moment, Ven needed to know how the enemy had been mobilizing as well as get a read of the village and the small castle itself but he couldn't just proclaim his intent with those two ears listening in.

Still Prince Ven remained confident and composed. The situation was still well within control, just a minor wrinkle here to work out.

Last edited:
"Oh, of course. I can't help but feel like I was supposed to join you, so that works just fine." Shard smiled.
Suddenly, he got a strange feeling. Glancing around, Shard's face changed to that of concern. "I can't help but feel like someone's watching us..."
"Really?" Pixel wondered. She slowly closed her eyes, and when she opened them again, they shone with a golden pink light. Looking around the area, Pixel locked on to something above them. "Is that... a Dryad?"

Lily gripped her reins tightly as the vice-captain emerged. She offered tea and cookies... didn't she know they were on the battlefield? Certainly not the place for pleasantries like that...
That's when she heard what the Prince was saying. She slowly pushed Dawn forwards, leaning down. "My liege, Zephyr and I could attempt to scout the area from above." she whispered to the Lord. "If this deal takes place, we might be able to get a good view without having to worry about archers."

Suddenly, Pearl rushed over to Pixel and the ambassador. She twirled the staff and pressed the bottom end firmly to the ground, her ice colored eyes glowing.
"Freeze, encircle!" yelled Pearl. "Cage shield!"
On her spell command, a snowy stream of magic poured out of her white staff from the light blue gem on it. It surrounded the three. At the same time, a magic circle formed underneath the three. Red rings formed on the center and spread out like a Kaleidoscope. After all was done, an iceberg shield was formed for protection. Pearl took no chances.

Ether had, for once in a while, experienced something one could call boredom. It had been two weeks since her last contact with the village people of Mossley. And that was... strange. She was not willing to head into Mossley herself to find answers, as it would be without invitation. She had been told she was welcome, but it just... didn’t sit right with her. Her life had been just like this before, before the words “The Hedge Hunter of Mossley” had ever been whispered by humans, so she didn’t know why she felt so... lonely.
Of course, the presence of a human and a fairy, and another... human. It couldn’t be anything else, at least, but it was certainly strange. Back to the job at hand, the sudden presence of those beings had been quite an alert to the Dryad. And she didn’t intend to waste time getting answers. Crouched above the group on the strong, wide branch of a nearby tree, as she had been for quite a bit, her cold, bright blue eyes observed them, until she heard something that caught her attention.
“Is that... a Dryad?”
It seemed as if the fairy had noticed her.

Having been noticed had spurred the Dryad into action, and that was made apparent by the loud and sudden rustling of leaves as she scurried across the branch at lightning fast speed, making her way into the treetop, shrouded by leaves, only to drop downwards alongside the trunk, landing directly in a large, dark coloured bush near the base, a small parting made between the brush, that small parting quickly becoming the opening for a sharpened wooden arrow to fly out, slamming directly into the iceberg shield, and snapping into two after the impact, clattering to the floor. A warning shot, although she highly doubted she could have actually found a way around that shield with such a rushed movement, if she was trying to. The shimmering, frost-like blue orbs that were Ether’s eyes were now visible in the dark beyond the parting in the bush, locked onto them as she rasped out her words in a commanding voice, her throat clearly hoarse, which only Ether knew was from a lack of proper hydration. It had been... warm recently.
“You are not from Mossley... Are you a threat? State your purpose!”
She bombarded them with questions, probably a bit faster than she should have.

Last edited:
Ignette smiled widely when the prince smoothly reject her offer and offered his own proposal. He wasn't as naive as she initially tought. Good to know, good to know. She threw plan A out of her list.

"Allright then. We'll make a tent here, in the middle of this empty field. You and captain can talk inside." Ignette pointed at the ground below her feet. "This should give you that false sense of security you really need."

"C'mon Zeke, let's call the captain." She pulled the guard, urging him to back off from the enemy's line of fire. The guard jogged to the village's gate, he foolishly turned his back to the enemy while Ignette turned into her fairy form and flew in front of him. Still insisting on making him as her meat shield.

"Ignette, did you just-" the guard's question got cut off by the fairy.

"Hush. Don't talk Zeke, you'll ruin my surprise."

"I just want to say that my name is Ashe, not Zeke."

"W-who cares?! You human goons sometimes look really same to me. You should rename yourself to guard number 99 to make things more convenient. Anyway, where's the captain??" Ignette asked another nearby soldier.

"He should be here soon."

"Good to know. Tell him about the encounter. I'll prepare the tent, but if he doesn't agree with my plan then we can just ditch this and shoot the prince or something." With that said, she went to the storage to look for a tent.

Last edited:

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Jax followed the group of troops happily along as if he was going to a picnic with his friends instead of a battlefield. He ignored the rustling of the dead leaves as his horse, Helios, stepped on them as if instead he was surrounded by pretty little flowers. Overall the knight's mood was good, up until they reached the village, which caused Jax to frown. He pulled the reins on his horse slightly, which caused him to slow to a light trot and eventually stop.

He had previously visited the village, one of the few times he was able to ride his horse outside of Jax's own village before he joined the army. It had been a quaint place with a lot of farming, and Jax was sent there with an escort to retrieve some rations for his own village. He liked it and could see even though the farmers had to work a lot, they were able to do their work to help bring food on the table for their families, which he found respectable.

Seeing the village now saddened him as it was captured by Inferian forces. However the feeling of sadness was soon replaced by hope as Jax was now capable of fighting to regain the village. With his kingdom's prince in front of him also helping to provide determination he was ready for whatever was necessary. Jax just hoped he wouldn't have to go fully into the village as being on horseback was not as good for fighting on the streets compared to being on the fields outside.

Hitoshi was placed in a little spot in the woods, secure at best. His things were all agienst a tree while he had a pit in an opening, no fire was currently in the pit. "Everything seems so quiet, shocking that I have not heard the fighting from that nearby village." His cloak covered his body as he got up to go out hunting. He has not had an interaction in a month or so, but he can still enjoy peace and quiet. ":( Sigh... All this peace and quiet makes me long for another, someone who can help me and one that I can help back. Father once told me, 'No begger can be a greater man, time will tell if you deserve what you wish.' He always talked about Mom like that... That's how he meet my mother, time went by and fate took the wheel. I can't stop thinking about that. If love is what I am looking for then it must be a sin and a burden on my shoulder. Like 'Love at First Sight' is a thing, but one can dream :?." A bird flew onto the tree that had his stuff. "I am talking to myself, aren't I? :@" The bird chirped a tune as if it were saying yes. "I need to get some help. :'|" He grabbed his bow and his goggles and went on a hunting trip.

"Well, that didn't work," said Pearl, eyes widened from her shield shattering from a wooden arrow. "You'd think that would've done better....Look, we mean you no harm, Dryad. Please, do not battle against us. I'd hate to see our surroundings frozen from a fight. I've never intentionally harmed nature. You simply startled us....well, me specifically."

Across the kingdom, green high heels danced across a ballroom floor. Sword clashes soon followed. Awesome, power! Clash after clash, the maiden in heels was going toe to toe with a red armored knight. When she felt like she was loosing, the lady took the green ribbon around her wrist and undid its bow form. Poison Bulb!
Suddenly, the ribbon enlarged and traveled to the feet of the red knight. From there, it became a circle from which green and pink flower petals grew out from. After the blossom formed around her opponent, a lavender light began to form from a magic circle at the bottom.
"As expected from Princess Mermana," said the knight, slashing a teal blue strike in several places on the flower blossom. "You don't even need to call out attacks."
"As expected from Jasper," said the Princess. "You cut through my attacks."
When the knight burst out of the petals, he charged straight for the princess. It is unfortunate that this triggered the death memory of Pearl's parents. Before he could even reach her, Jasper found himself unable to move. The steel sword he held fell to the ground. Princess Mermana was controlling him and making him stay in place.
"Prin....ceeeeeess...."
"Jasper!"
Princess Mermana dropped to the ground and held her face in despair. Once he caught his breath, Jasper made his way over and wrapped his arms around the princess--enjoying the softness of her coral pink dress. Jasper cuddled her for a good ten minutes.
"I'm sorry, Jasper. I'm sorry."

"If you can do that, make certain to stay together. And be sure to keep well out of archer range. No reason to gamble your lives trying to inch a little closer, play it safe and bail if things get hectic." Prince Ven whispered back to Lily, as he made certain that the two should play this as smart as they can rather than be bold and advise her and Zephyr as he considered their suggestion and gave his cautionary approval.

Ven heard the girl mention she'd make a "tent" for them there to address his middle ground concern and before he had a chance to respond to the offer as they turned their back to him and headed towards the village's gates. The slight pragmatic side to him considered shooting the guard from behind, but there had been an off chance (However slim) that she'd actually get the captain she talked about out there; which would be a case of fool-hearty pragmatism. As it would ensure a battle and the captain might hide in further within the town when it breaks out which would further complicate matters.

Still, the least he could do was use this chance the enemy ignored his troops to get them into position. The empty field didn't offer much cover, but he needed to take advantage of what he could.

"Well, we likely need to scout this area. Find out what we can use as cover, and anything here to give us an advantage or easy striking distance if fighting grows inevitable. Perhaps a path to lead the enemy through on a "retreat" to act as a trap or anything to give us an advantage. The further we can pull the captain and other troops away from the town, the better." Prince Ven said to his troops though he was sure to only speak loud enough so they could hear it rather than those by the gates and towards enemy lines.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
His first initial impression of the newcomer is on how patriotic they are for their nation. Some may find it cocky, but Zephyr at least admires their loyalty, even if they may be his foes. The Pegasus Knight's orbs squinted at the vice commander inviting the Prince to come into their territory for their negotiation. There could be some pure motive behind the invitation from Ignette. However, this is war they are speaking of, stepping into enemy territory is not ideal for the Yantarlians, no matter how innocent nor malicious the intent might be.

As if Prince Ven had read his mind, he had refused their offer and rather decided to meet on neutral grounds for the negotiation. Zephyr slightly smirked at the Prince's response, playing around what the Infernian Vice Captain would have wanted. His eyes peered onto the warrior standing silently beside the vice captain, and the vice captain herself. He gazed on, seeing what intent they might have the the squadron of Yantarlians right at the border of Mossley.

Zephyr's head perked at the mention of his name, taking his focus away from the warrior momentarily. He turned his head towards his comrade where she had mentioned his name. She had brought up the idea of scouting by air, as they are Pegasus Knights after all, searching for potential threats while the potential deal is proposed. The Aurelio son nodded his head and huffed in full agreement about taking this precaution to ensure the treaty goes smoothly. Hopefully, the Prince would at least have a Cavalier by his side, outside the tent at least, to guard the Prince inside, and ward off the threats if things could possibly get ugly.

Luckily, the Prince had agreed with the female's idea, and advised them to stay safe while up in the air. "Apollo, to the air," Zephyr had said to his buckskin horse, patting it's black mane. With a neigh, the horse is to the air. Zephyr steered the war horse, encircling the army, waiting for Lily to join him in the air as the Prince did claim to stay together after all. Zephyr thought it would be better to scout out potential locations that archers could hide out within a 20 meter radius. Better safe now then sorry later.

When the Dryad appeared and smashed through Pearl's spell, Pixel instinctively grabbed hold of one of her Fey Scrolls.
"You're right. We're not from Mossley." Pixel confirmed. "I am Pixel, and this is Pearl. We are both members of Prince Veneok Calilas' troop, and part of the Yantarlian army. We're currently trying to free Mossley from an enemy occupation."
"I'm just here." Shard said with a chuckle. "Shard Tempus. I couldn't tell you where I came from or what I was going to do, since I can't remember. I think I'm supposed to be this Ambassador these two were looking for, though."

"Always, milord." Lily said. Gripping the reins, she pulled them upwards. "Fly, Dawn!" she commanded, as her pegasus took flight. Soaring into the air, Lily rapidly flew out of view of the soldiers before moving ahead, flying over the town before slowly descending. She kept an eye on the Prince for a few seconds, watching as he gave new orders she couldn't hear, before looking over the town. There seemed to be five hastily-erected towers around the town aside from the two making the front gate, and the castle in front. Well... it was a small castle. More like a temple turned into a military garrison. She noticed that, for some reason, the wall facing towards the forest was guarded much more than the opposite wall... Useful information, perhaps.

In the temple castle, a large man heard a knock on the door.
"General Morde? Prince Calilas has come. Ignette is currently in discussion with him."
"Is she now?" the general asked, slowly standing up. He reached out a hand, grabbing his large great axe, before walking towards the exit. "Let's see what she's done."

Ignette was back in her kid form, because she needs to drag the tent to prepare it. The rolled canvas tent made some rustling sound as it crushes dry leafs and branches along the way. When Ignette saw the captain coming out of his room, she excitedly ran toward him.

"Captain, captain. Yantarlian prince is coming! I have arranged a meeting for you two and stall enough time for our soldiers to make some preparation. But, but, hear my BRILLIANT plan first." She showed him the tent.

"This is the tent that we will erect at the middle of the field, the place where you supposed to meet the prince. I will rub a lot of my black powder into this tent and make it so flammable that it will burn in an instant. But that alone will not finish the prince. So, since they don't what you look like. Let's just sent a random goon in your stead. Equipped with a nice armor filled with hidden explosive. Of course the goon must not know about this. See, see? Fire a flaming arrow to the tent. The tent burn. The goon explode. The prince die. Everyone happy!!" She raised her hands and displayed a bright smile. As if she just finished a show.

"What do you think? I'm a genius, right? Please praise me." She looked at the captain with wide hopeful eyes.

Carolean must admit, this was rather odd. Why didn't that goon just get an arrow lodged between their eyes? He didn't understand it, but by the looks of it there was some diplomacy about to happen. He was never one for talking, but this might make history and he wanted to see it. "Should make a fun story for any future kids or something." He scoffed as he sat down near some bushes and looked at the tent, waiting for something to happen. "This better be worth it, already risking my life here."

Ether’s piercing blue gaze remained fixed on the three from the small, dark gap inbetween the brush, more specifically the two who seemed to be armed. The other strange one... did not seem to be a threat of any sort, so she neglected to focus on him. She listened to what they said, seemingly not absorbing most of it and instead picking out what little she had managed to understand.
“Don’t know who this... Phenok Callas is.” The Dryad continued on after spectacularly stumbling on the Prince’s name. Ether wasn’t the most adept at speaking.
“... But I do know Mossley. Who is Enemy and why do they occupy it???”

Last edited:
"Our enemy would be the Infernian army," said Pearl. "As for why they occupy the town, they are a bunch of greedy half-wits following a greedy king at the drop of a hat."
After saying that, Pearl ran her free hand through her teal hair. She straightened her hairband as well. Pearl took to looking over the surrounding landscape to find a path forward. It is unfortunate that most of the paths away from here were occupied by monsters and the other path had the Dryad.
"You know, we could take you there," said Pearl. "I am interested in how the Prince is doing and it would be great if Prince Veneok could help with the ambassador. Pixel, can Dryad's be loyal enough to partner up with? I'm afraid my books don't speak of them often...Also, what do you think? Return to Yantarlia or make a two new friends and find the Prince? Our amnesia problem persists regardless."

Lodging an arrow in between the eyes of the guard would’ve been all that was necessary to end their life. Something which Forei was fully capable of had he been given the order to fire. It was only due to Prince Ven’s judgement that their body remained above Yantarlian soil and not under.

Truthfully, Forei held no grudge against this guard. Without his loyalty, the young archer would’ve had no motivation to end any of their lives. They both just happened too serve under different kingdoms. Only two pawns part of a bigger picture. Perhaps in another life they would be laughing over a few drinks or something.

As for himself, Forei was still honored to be standing there. Being chosen for Prince Ven’s army of thirty was nothing too scoff at. Forei supposed that was something he could take pride in. Receiving an order from the young prince was an honor in itself. Speaking of orders...

‘Oh shoot.’

It was only after Prince Ven gave the order for the Pegasus Knights to scout the area did Forei realize he was still in the basic archery stance, still aimed in, ready to fire. The guard who was once there seemed to be long gone. Forei remained frozen in discomfiture for a moment before sighing. Unfortunately, his mind had a tendency to just wander off. By the time Zephyr and Lily had taken to the skies, Forei had gone to a more casual position with the bow now resting at his side.

Since he hadn’t been paying much attention, all he knew was that the Prince had gained the chance to negotiate. The middle of the field seemed like the spot. He too wondered who, if anyone, would accompany the prince. Maybe Jax or Luvia, one of the cavaliers? Forei doubted it would be him. After all, an archer’s main strength was to elegantly deal with his enemies from a distance. So instead, Forei started to contemplate where he should begin scouting.

Hitoshi came back to his camp after a bit of hunting. "Why do they have to fight now? Everyone in this forest can hear the comotion going on, so they are way more on alert. >=O" He had gotten nothing but some dry berries and some dead citrus. He sat down and started a fire. The smoke rose up into the air. "Hell, I'll be lucky if nobody cares about the smoke. This stupid war is the last thing I want walking up on my doorstep." He pondered on the thought. ":'| I'm running out of food and fast, I may not have a choice to join soon, at least I would get paid. And maybe get some tasty rice or greens, boy have I been on a diet of nothing but meat and some berries."

General Morde looked at Ignette for a moment before rubbing her hair with his hand. "Good girl." the 6'2" man chuckled. "So long as everything goes according to plan, we've got this in the bag. Without the Prince, the Yantarlian army will be easy to crush. Morale is a fickle thing." Morde turned to his troops. "Get that tent made, double time."

As Lily soared closer to the town, she noticed some troops grabbing a tarp and poles. The tent, presumably.
...wait, no. That wasn't the tent, right? They were sprinkling some sort of powder on it...
Black powder?
Lily waved over Zephyr. "Please tell me I'm not seeing what I think I'm seeing."

"Dryads... that's a tricky one." Pixel pondered. "It depends what type of tree they come from. She seems to be good, though. I don't think we have to worry about her... unless she starts firing that bow of hers."
Shard coughed. "If I may... Ms. Dryad? If you want to learn of the situation of this... Mossley, then why not come with us to it? We're headed there ourselves to meet with the Prince. At least, I think that's the plan, right?"
"That's the plan, yes." Pixel nodded.

Ignette giggled when the captain rubbed her hair. It was nice to be recognized at something you do, now she could got back to working. The goons could handle the tent and the armor, she already stockpiles tons of powder and explosives in storage. Actually, that was her main job beside blasting fortified walls. Now her task was to find someone stupid enough for the mission. She flew to the barrack and called the first soldier she met, he was trying to fix his shoe or something. Wait, what's he doing here when the enemies were right in front of their door? Ah, whatever.

"Hey, you!" Ignette called him. The soldier was so surprised at Ignette's sudden appearance that he almost dropped the shoe he was working on.

"I-Ignette. I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to steal your chips. It was Jommy's Idea!"

"What are you talking about?"

"You're not here for the chips?"

"Who cares about that!!" Ignette almost shouted at the soldier. Sometimes the stupidity of these goons were overwhelming. "Anyway. I have an important mission that ONLY YOU can do." She pointed at the gawking soldier.

"Huh, me?? Why?"

"Listen. There's enemies in front of the gate now. We don't want to shed more blood right? Especially after we lost many good soldier in capturing this village. So we need a capable and charismatic fighter to dress as the captain and tell them to duck off."

"Why not the captain himself go?"

"Urgh, he's in the toilet right now. Probably food poisoning."

"Oh. Then why-"

"Allright!" Ignette threw both of her hand upward in a gave up gesture. This soldier would just keep asking, time to change the approach. "Do you remember the golden armor we looted from the mayor's house?"

"Yes."

"Beautiful. Isn't it? And I'm sure it will fetch a good price."

"Yes."

"This is supposed to be a secret. But eh..." She approached the soldier and whispered on his ear. "The captain will give that armor to anyone willing to do this important mission. He screamed that in the toilet." The soldier gulped at the offer, Ignette caught the reaction and push further.

"Beside, this will be a nice record for you. Soon we will deploy another army to capture more village. We'll need more brave captain for that, like you." She backed off and looked at the soldier.

"Let's go and finish this." He replied.

"Good to hear."

-----------------

"Does it fit?"

"A bit oversized, but these weird pads inside the armor really help."

"I know right. The pads also capable of dampening blunt attack so you're practically impenetrable. Go there now, captain! We'll pray for your safe return." Ignette cheered on the armored goon. He nodded and walked outside the gate. His golden armor glistening under the sun as he approached the pitch-black tent erected in the middle of the field.

Ignette sipped her tea from her fairy-sized cup on her fairy-sized chair. Fairy-sized cookies were placed on a fairy-sized plate on a fairy-sized table in front of her.

"Ah, I should bring some honey."

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Zephyr flew on Apollo, scouting out potential sniping locations that can take out the Prince. He flew over the town, looking down at the once peaceful and thriving village become overrun by Infernian troops. There were troops here and there, maintaining their order onto the villagers of Mossley. And there were barely any villagers that are bustling within the streets, most likely hiding within the own comforts of their home. He spotted a small fortress on the other side of the village, opposing to where the Yantarlian troops and Prince were situated currently. He presumed it was their Infernian base. holding troops of their own.

The male's head snapped towards the hand gesture of Lily waving him over to what she has spotted. Zephyr peered down to where Lily had pointed out her situation. The latter had spotted some wooden poles and a tarp, which were presumed to be used for the tent. Nothing out of the ordinary for him. Not until he spotted one of the Infernian troops sprinkling some sort of dark powdery substance onto the tarp.

If anything, Zephyr wanted to believe that it could be used for something else, something Infernians do on their free time. But it wasn't until they started walking towards the direction of where Yantarlia awaited that Zephyr thought otherwise.

"It's a trap" Zephyr stated the obvious, but he had to say it to ensure that he was thinking and seeing correctly. "It's a set-up, we've got to tell the Prince."

The male knew at this point, the battle is starting soon. The battle for Mossley is going to be ending in a bloodbath.

From her position, concealed in the bush, Ether listened as the three strangers said some things she didn’t understand. What she gathered from this was there was a prince, an army had occupied Mossley, and she had to weigh up their offer. However, it didn’t take her long before she stepped out from the bush, clearly used to having to do such a thing, despite it being rather difficult to do without making a ton of noise.
“I... do not completely understand what you mean. But if something has happened to Mossley, then I must see it for myself.”

Yacker was sitting around in Mossley village, he looked at the passing Infernian soldiers. He sighed, realising that soon, there would be a battle here. He figured that the Yantarlian army had finally arrived to retake the village. He sighed as he realised that he might be caught up in it, but assuming he didn't die during it, he could explain his situation to the Yantarlian army, and be allowed to stay the way he does at this point. He sat down as he realised that he was the only one of the for hire fighters using a bow. He sighed as he stood up again, and put his quiver and his bow on his back. He looked around, and saw a tent that was being covered in powder. He walked over.
"Hey! What you lot doing? I'm an archer for hire, by the way, so if you need a decent archer for anything, just name how much you going to pay me, and what I need to shoot." He said to the a guard.

Clip clop, clip clop, clip clop, clippity clop...

Salacia's cloven feet rattled endlessly against the ground as the mare paced back and forth. Her rider's face was impassive, only her tightened fist on Salacia's reins and the death-grip on her lance betrayed her discomfort of the situation. The Prince had agreed to negotiate with the Infernians a move that oozed magnanimity -too much magnanimity. Don't get her wrong, the Fairy Cavalier wasn't against nothings or peace and talking through their problems. It was just...that...perhaps...just maybe...there was a slight probability that...her Lance would be a much better negotiator than the Prince.

Not that it mattered. The Prince had his own thoughts, perhaps something she couldn't quite see yet. While she might've been blind to the Prince's vision, her eyes were peeled, directing her sharp gaze towards the Infernian camp. Vision or no vision, if they tried anything funny her Lance would see blood.

"I got it," said Pearl, before rushing off. "I'll scout ahead!"
"Its not like I can help with the Dryad," thought Pearl.
Soon, she made her way to a clearing in the forest. The girl's blue mage gown was torn up a little more from her frantic running. After she walked a few feet into the clearing, Pearl was shown how clumsy her emotions had left her. A giant hand made of rock knocked her backward. Thankfully, she was able to stop herself from taking too much damage by amplifying her aura into a shield.
The blue snowflake shaped gem on Pearl's white staff still glowing from her previous spell, the mage sent off another attack. This time, a stream of snow from Avalanche. Once the snow reached her stone foe, it spread across its chest and boulder like head. But, a yellow glow from its eyes melted the snow from its head and an electricity surge that traveled across its body blasted off the snow from its chest.
"Crap....That's not a normal Forest Protector..."
To trip it up, Pearl cast Freeze. She created a magic Kaleidoscope circle from before and sent a layer of ice traveling across the ground. At the same time as this, Pearl heard branches snap behind her. She glanced behind herself, which left her open to attack. The monster, slid its way toward Pearl. Before she could attack, the monster knocked her against a tree with its hand, drained her aura defense, and knocked her out.

Hitoshi was resting by his tree with his belongings and he heard a faint crashing sound. "What was that? Sounded like explosions or something..." He got up and got to an advantage point on the tree and saw that there was a snow plume rising from an area with some electric surges. "Is that a mage battle or something!? No, I don't think that was just a friendly fight, somebody could be in danger." Despite not wanting to get caught up in fights, he knew that this was going to be better than any other heroic act he has ever done. He grabbed his bow and all of his battle gear and headed out towards the racket with his cloak covering his face.

As soon as he arrived in the area, he saw a girl being attacked by a giant stone monster. It looked like a Forest Protector, but it seemed aggressive, what would she have done to anger it? He knew he would have to send the Protector away for a bit so they could escape, so he knew he had to destroy the lead on its back. "HEY! You get away from her right now!" He took a pin point shot on the lead on the back of the Protector. It shattered some of the lead and stunned it. "That should give me enough time to get that girl somewhere safe." He ran towards the girl and picked her up and took her somewhere safe a little bit away from the battle. He would have to fully destroy the lead or it will keep on trying to hunt them down for attacking it, so running is useless. He placed the girl gently down at a tree and checked for cuts or any other injuries. "Hey, are you alright? You took a big hit from that thing!"

"Rrrrrrrrr," mumbled Pearl, as she felt her head and saw blood on her hand. She created a magic circle and healed herself. Soon after, she looked over the man who saved her. "First a dryad breaks my shield and a monster smashes me. I've more to study...."
Pearl stood up and placed her free hand on a tree to gain balance. After healing herself, she realized this archer must be powerful. The man would be great help.
"Alright. That thing is likely on its way. If we are to defeat it, we need to work together," said Pearl, taking out a teal spell book with coral pages. She shrunk her staff and put it in a pouch on her belt. Next, she drank a blue potion that seemed to make her eyes glow for a few seconds. "In my haste to attack, I've seemed to have forgotten that those creatures weak points are on their back. I'll freeze it in place and you can shoot its back."
Suddenly, the Forest Protector appeared. It crushed two trees and spread two others apart. Pearl took her book and began to chant a language her partner wouldn't understand. She stepped in front of him, her body glowing blue. When the chant was over, she sent a blast of energy from a large magic circle that froze the front of creature's body and the trees around it.
"Now! Shoot the lead spot on its back!"

Last edited:
Hitoshi was blown away by the amount of energy she was emitting from one attack. "I'm on it!" He ran to a vantage point on the monsters body where he was able to get a clear shot at close range. He jumped and pulled out his special powered arrow and when it made contact with the lead it blew up the entire lead unexpectedly and Hitoshi was sent back onto the ground. The monster started to lose its power as it stumbled down and fell apart, leaving boulders everywhere. Hitoshi had a ringing in his ear for a while before he started to get up and sit down at a tree. "I could have died! The gunpowder arrow I shot was just meant to do a small explosion, but with the lead it was supposed to be a little bit bigger." He gasped for air. "Something else happened, an electric surge hit the arrow as the explosion went off and it did way more than I expected." He started coughing. He looked at his hand and saw that he coughed up blood. "Shit..."

Last edited:
Pearl immediately rushed over a began to heal him. On the downside, her previous spell left her mana drained. Instead she took out a teal colored potion from her belt pouch.
"Drink this. It'll stop the bleeding," said Pearl, a calming smile on her face.
Meanwhile, a sinister laugh could be heard as Agni flew away. Pearl did not notice because she doted on Hitoshi to much. The evil fairy left not wanting to fight for now thanks to Pearl's previous blast.
"I promise this potion will help you," said Pearl.

Last edited:
He nodded as he drank the potion. He felt better as he was being healing. "Alright, you can stop now. I don't want you to drain up the rest of your mana." It still hurt, but it was bearable. He tried to get up, his leg must have taken some damage. It hurt like hell but he just needed to walk it off. "I am glad I got here on time, it looked like it was about to finish you off." He looked over at his bow and saw that it was still in tact. "Look on the bright side, we are all alive and I don't think anything is broken!" He was just trying to lighten the mood, its not good to think of bad things like what just happened.

Carolean jumped out of his cover due to a sudden explosion in the forest. "What the, who in their right mind would create an explosion in a forest of all places? Might as well set the trees ablaze." He spat as he sneaked towards the location the explosion happened. "I swear, if they are anything else but kids they are a bunch of idiots. That explosion gave away their location to the entire village!" He mumbled, eventually arriving at the blast site. He hid behind one of the boulders as he saw two people, they must be the cause of the explosion. By the looks of it, one of them was hurt and maybe be used to get some ransom. Carolean's eyes shimmered as he silently crept towards the hurt archer, hiding his body with his cloak.

"Are you--"
She stopped. Her magic senses telling her something was off. She moved to Hitoshi's side.
"We...should move away from here...My energy is coming back to slow and I don't want to fight another monster. Let's go back to my friends."
Pearl reached out her hand for him to grab onto. She wanted to make sure that wobble wouldn't be a problem.
"I don't want that Dryad to rage on me after seeing this...frost either...."

Last edited: