• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Best Pokemon Game Ever?

The Best Pokemon Game Ever

• Pokemon Ranger

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Pokemon Pinball

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon Colloseum

• Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness

• Pokemon Stadium 2

• Pokemon Stadium

• Pokemon Ranger 2 Shadow of Almia

• Pokemon Ranger 3 Tracks of Light

• Pokemon Trozei

• Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team

• Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team

• Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 Explorers of Time

• Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 Explorers of Darkness

• Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 Explorers of Sky

• Pokemon SoulSilver

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Pokemon HeartGold

• Pokemon Platinum

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Pokemon Red

• Pokemon Blue

• Pokemon Green

• Pokemon Yellow

• Pokemon Gold

• Pokemon Silver

• Pokemon Crystal

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Pokemon FireRed

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Pokemon Pearl

• Pokemon Diamond

• Pokemon Emerald

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Pokemon Saphire

• Pokemon Ruby

• Pokemon LeafGreen

• Pokemon Ranger

• Pokemon Pinball

• Pokemon Colloseum

• Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness

• Pokemon Stadium 2

• Pokemon Stadium

• Pokemon Ranger 2 Shadow of Almia

• Pokemon Ranger 3 Tracks of Light

• Pokemon Trozei

• Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team

• Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team

• Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 Explorers of Time

• Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 Explorers of Darkness

• Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 Explorers of Sky

• Pokemon SoulSilver

• Pokemon HeartGold

• Pokemon Platinum

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Pokemon Red

• Pokemon Blue

• Pokemon Green

• Pokemon Yellow

• Pokemon Gold

• Pokemon Silver

• Pokemon Crystal

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Pokemon FireRed

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Pokemon Pearl

• Pokemon Diamond

• Pokemon Emerald

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Pokemon Saphire

• Pokemon Ruby

• Pokemon LeafGreen

• Total voters
I picked Sapphire, because whenit came out, my sister got Ruby, and I picked Sapphire (because I liked Kyogre, who still happens to be my favorite legendary,) and me and my sister had a race to see who could beat the game first, and my sister won literally by five minutes. I mainly picked Sapphire due to nostalgia.

Wow, hard choice. I'd have to say Platinum, however, as I am most familiar with Sinnoh and it's workings, as well as the game's features.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Time to start putting my foot down on all of these random polls...

BlackAmber said:
Title says alot vote for yout favorite Pokemon Game you can change your vote if neccessery. :)

It's a nice poll, but this post of yours here is boarding on SPAM. Next time you start up a topic, even if it's a poll like this, tell us your answer and why you chose it. It sets the tone for the entire thread afterwards. Polls tend to lack discussion value, so it's nice to help 'em along.

Hmmm... Explorers of Time was my first, but Explorers of Sky is better. I like it because there are new things, ike being a Riolu and the Sky Jukebox and all that. But the plot is pretty good so that's another reason. That's about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put Silver because that's the first Pokemon game I got and I have lots of memories in it. Even though the effects have been improved so much, Silver's (and Gold and Crysal's) move animations are my favorite, probably due to nostalgia XD The animation and sound effect for Hyper Beam, Hydro Pump, and Dragon Rage are what I remember that I love.

Another reason is because Johto is just freaking awesome. I loved SoulSilver and it was an amazing remake, but Silver has the nostalgia in it. My second favorite is Platinum. Too bad I couldn't put top two. XD

Emerald for me, took a great game (Ruby and Saph) and made it even better with the addition of the frontier and other adjustments. Overall I honestly had no complaints about that series.

I totally agree with Jeydis. Emerald was great for several reasons: The Hoenn region is the best region so far in my opinion, the music rocked, and so did the graphics, even though it was regular 2-D. The PokeMon were awesome- Blaziken and Rayquaza are still my two favourites.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I had to debate this one a bit, but even with all of the improvements included in HG/SS (most notably the Pokemon following you and the secondary registered held item), I had to give my vote to Platinum. Not only did I enjoy the Sinnoh region more than Johto, the leveling was MUCH better in it - as was the Gym leader line-up. Getting through SS was fun but almost a chore sometimes due to how hard it was to level. Even after beating the Elite 4 there really isn't any area that's good for leveling, but D/P/Pt definitely had one with that volcano. Platinum also had several improvements over D/P, making it easily the best game of that trio.

I'm hoping B/W will take after Platinum and give us an experience that feels solid level-wise but also includes all of the best additions Pt/HG/SS had to offer.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Since I haven't played any of the newer games yet (minus Diamond/Pearl), my vote goes to Emerald. I think the thing I liked most about Emerald were the contests, but I also enjoyed the plotline a lot more than I did for any other game, diving was a neat experience, and flying around gathering free berries from people was great. Most of my favorite Pokemon also happen to be from Hoenn, and I just always liked the graphics more in the GBA games than in the DS or any other games for some reason.

Rex

Resident Furry
While it is hard to choose an absolute favorite out of all the good games, for me, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Darkness stands out a bit more. It and it's sister game Explorers of Time took the good idea of Red and Blue Rescue Team and brought it into the 4th Generation. And from a hacker's viewpoint, EoD and EoT were far easier to modify then EoS was, especially when it came to Wonder Mail, which could be used to get any Pokemon you wanted in the first two. Wonder Mail S has been a lot harder for me to crack. Even though I say the same things about EoT and EoD, I choose Explorers of Darkness since it was the game I purchased and played.

This was hard! But first let me make one thing clear: I love Johto, Sinnoh, and Hoenn all equally and my choice is pretty much based on just gameplay. Like Katie, my vote goes to Platinum, and for similar reasons. Leveling wasn't hard and the storyline was solid and improved from the previous games. The Wi-Fi upgrades from Diamond and Pearl were really awesome (i.e. making Poffins over Wi-Fi). I now do all my battling in Platinum. Sure, I got hax'd during my playthrough, but that didn't make Platinum any less awesome. And btw, than goodness for the Platinum dex expansion.

HGSS are a really, really close second. The music was just gorgeous and the integration of the touchscreen was very welcome. Having the Pokemon follow you is also ♥ I also loved the EV item breeding mechanic. I would've consolidated everything into my SS game, but, as Katie said, leveling up is just too tedious and so isn't very conducive to raising Pokemon if you want to.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I've found that Mount Silver and the route outside it (28?) are okay in terms of levelling up your Pokemon. Maybe not as great as some parts of Platinum, but not too bad. The only reason I still do my EV training in Platinum is because I know where to go in terms of EV yields from Pokemon. Not sure if HG/SS have useful routes in that respect, but if they do I'll probably do everything in HG/SS. Breeding from HG/SS and trading them back to PLatinum to EV can be a little tedious. Move tutor stuff is easier of Platinum too, as it doesn't require BP.

I can't really pick a single favourite. Getting and playing through Red has to be one of my fondest memories of any game. I can still remember sitting in my Parent's room and looking out of the window for hours waiting for them to come home with my copy of Silver. Ruby gave me Thunderdog and Sceptile. Diamond saw the birth of my current competitive team and Platinum has pretty much been my EV training ground. HG has Pokemon following you. I can't decide on one. They're all my favourites in some way or another ♥

my fav is emerald i loved the secret bases the starters the legendarys the poke nav the gyms the evil teams ah.....

i also liked soulsilver because the pokemon follow you =D

EDIT: i also liked pokemon xd with the shadow lugia

My favorite has always been Crystal version. I've just always thought it had just the right amount of everything, and was pretty well balanced. Of course part of my liking for it is just because of the memories I have with it. I do like the more recent games a lot, but Crystal is just my favorite, which makes it the best Pokemon game so far to me. A close second, though, is the Mystery Dungeon (Explorers of Time/Darkness) series, because I've always loved it's emotional storyline.

Stadium 2.

Stadium 1 was my first Pokemon game, and I loved it. The fact you already had the Pokemon and you could get creative with battling (plus minigames!) was a really great idea. Then Stadium 2 came along, and improved it all.

I wish they'd go back to the stadium format...

Guys i think the best game is and will be the gold,silver and crystal.I prefer crystal because it was my first pokemon game and my favourite :).Classic sounds i hadn't bored the game i remember i had catch 230 out of 250 because these pokemon was the other 2 starters and the pokemon that evolve with trading and i didn't have a friend with cable :/ . But i had play 451 hours of the game xD

My favourite game has to be Crystal because its the first game where you could be a GIRL !
I love the starters cyndaquil and chikorita are my favourite starter pokemon even now !
I loved the introduction of the new eevee evolutions also (eevee being my all time favourite pokemon) - I also like pearl/diamond because of this
And you got to battle 16 Gym leaders and also you can explore two regions (and battle Gary and Ash - Blue and Red)
I also love the rival and the pokemon champion - favourite game characters
I finally love catching the legendary dogs :D

Heart Gold/ Soul Silver looks really good because its set in the Johto region and pokemon can follow you and its based on the GSC games however, I dont own the game so I am looking forward to playing it ;D

I also love Emerald because of the fronteir brains and the battle fronteir ;D I like the secret bases and the fact you have a choice of catching Latias or Latios, I also love the way team Magma and Aqua are BOTH enemies and I love the fact you get to battle the Gym leaders AGAIN and there double battles with extra pokemon from other regions ;D - double battles being my favourite battle style

Gotta say, Gold and Silver. The remakes are good too, but Gold and Silver were the first games to completely revolutionize the games (what with eggs, day and night, happiness, and shinies :D) and also were more nostalgic when they were released. Greanted the battle against Red was still epic, back then it felt like I was battling a fricken master (now with all the abilities, high power attacks, and weather affects, it kinda made it easier.).

So yeah, Gold and Silver :)