• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Battle Frontier (Emerald) Help

Okay, I started over on my Emerald a few months ago, and I've been struggling with the Battle Frontier for some time now (so far I've only tried the Factory and the Dome). I know what to do to actually fight the frontier brains, but I really need help getting there. So...

For the battle factory, I could use help with what Pokemon to pick. I've always thought about if the moves were right for the Pokemon, and how their stats worked with them, but I honestly can't think of anything else to go by. I know some Pokemon are repeated from time to time, so are there any really "good" ones, or would it just depend on the rest of the team? I've tried WAY too many times at this, and so far have only managed a 17-win streak (twice). So any suggestons on the rental Pokemon would help.

For the battle dome, I'm just wondering if it is really a good idea to use the Pokemon I played through the game with or not. I don't pay any attention to IV's, EV's, and hardly any stratagy in moves while playing though the storyline, so I'm currious if there is any point in trying to clear the dome without training up a better team from level 2. So basicly, I'm just asking if I have any hope in clearing it with my current team.

Any comments and answers would be helpful, because I really don't want to waste too much more of my time in these two areas of the Frontier >.>...

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
I don't have much advice for the Battle Factory :/
Just make sure your team stays as balanced as it can.. and if you see a shedinja, get it. They're gods in the factory XD

For the Battle Dome,
If you're entirely unwilling to do EV training and IV breeding, at least check for natures.
Click Here for a guide on natures

If you've tried over and over with the Battle Dome and not made enough progress to clear the third round.. That's a sign that you need to re-breed your pokemon.

I had alot of fun with the porygon I saw in the factory on emerald a while back. So id consider that one. Overall for the factory just make sure to watch for overlapping weaknesses in the pokemon you choose and keep an eye out for pokemon with lots of resistances/immunities. Thats the best advice I can think of.

Oh and for the brains to appear its: 21 battles for the silver frontier symbol and 42 for the gold.

I don't have much advice for the Battle Factory :/
Just make sure your team stays as balanced as it can.. and if you see a shedinja, get it. They're gods in the factory XD

For the Battle Dome,
If you're entirely unwilling to do EV training and IV breeding, at least check for natures.
Click Here for a guide on natures

If you've tried over and over with the Battle Dome and not made enough progress to clear the third round.. That's a sign that you need to re-breed your pokemon.
Shedinja? I never would have thought about using it, but maybe if I see one I'll try it out!

But anyways, I'm not against EV training, I just haven't bothered to try it yet. And the third round is pretty hard for me, so maybe I'll have to raise another team. I've been kind of wanting to try EV training out anyways, so I guess now is the perfect time to try it out!

[quote author=Jeydis link=topic=5181.msg81019#msg81019 date=1227459452]
I had alot of fun with the porygon I saw in the factory on emerald a while back. So id consider that one. Overall for the factory just amke sure to watch for overlapping weaknesses in the pokemon you choose and keep an eye out for pokemon with lots of resistances/immunities. Thats the best advice I can think of.

Oh and for the brains to appear its: 21 battles for the silver frontier symbol and 42 for the gold.
[/quote]

Yeah, I remember seeing that Porygon... I'll choose it, too, if I ever see it!

Yeah, that's the stuff I've been trying to do, but after trying it twenty times it starts to get on my nerves, and I start losing that strategic thinking, and start to just randomly pick Pokemon. Guess I'll have to snap out of it and just keep at it, then.

Thanks for the comments! I really need all the help I can get at this point...

P

Pokepok

I have an idea for the Battle dome:

Salamence @ Liechi Berry
Brave Nature
Dragon Claw
Ariel Ace
Brick Break/ Dragon Dance
Flamethrower

Starmie @ Leftovers
Calm nature
Surf
Thunderbolt
Ice  Beam
HP grass/ Recover

Sceptile @ Focus band
Hasty Nature

Thunderpunch
Leaf Blade
Filler
Filler

I have an idea for the Battle dome:

Salamence @ Liechi Berry
Brave Nature
Dragon Claw
Ariel Ace
Brick Break/ Dragon Dance
Flamethrower

Starmie @ Leftovers
Calm nature
Surf
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
HP grass/ Recover

Sceptile @ Focus band
Hasty Nature

Thunderpunch
Leaf Blade
Filler
Filler

I'll definatly consider them all, especily the Sceptile! I had no idea it could learn Thunderpunch, and I love Leaf Blade. Thanks for the suggestions!

Thunderpunch can be taught by the tutors in the Battle Frontier. 48 Battle Points I believe. Far west side of the island should be a building, In there is where the two old women are to get the move.

And in the 3rd Gen, Dragon Claw is an iffy choice, since it still runs off of 'Mence's lower Special Attack stat. Earthquake is a nice option, since it runs off the high Attack stat.

Shedinja? I never would have thought about using it, but maybe if I see one I'll try it out!

But anyways, I'm not against EV training, I just haven't bothered to try it yet. And the third round is pretty hard for me, so maybe I'll have to raise another team. I've been kind of wanting to try EV training out anyways, so I guess now is the perfect time to try it out!

Yeah, I remember seeing that Porygon... I'll choose it, too, if I ever see it!

Yeah, that's the stuff I've been trying to do, but after trying it twenty times it starts to get on my nerves, and I start losing that strategic thinking, and start to just randomly pick Pokemon. Guess I'll have to snap out of it and just keep at it, then.

Thanks for the comments! I really need all the help I can get at this point...

;D Well if you really cant well ill give you a cheat code to catch any pokemon you want.

953187.gif

Click here to feed me a Digicandy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!

953186.gif

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!

953153.gif

Click here to feed me a Star Fruit!
Get your own at Flyffables!

You my friend are being n00b'd.

For several reasons as well.

One: We don't advertise or accept the use of Cheat Codes on the site.

Two: Your post flows like rocks. Lack of proper sentence structure is the case.

Three: Posting SPAM. The evil plushie things are not relevant to the post. Why you posted the links in the first place is a mystery to me.

So in short, get in the Realm and enjoy your stay here, whether it be long or short.

*Go Swellow!
*Swellow used Aerial Ace on Elitechampion!
*It was a Critical Hit!
*Elitechampion fainted!
*Elitechampion was sent to the Realm because of fainting!

Now, don't go around posting SPAM. Otherwise my Swellow will be out to get you.