• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Armored Core: Renegades

I'm thinking up a roleplay where we are pilots with mechs. The TYPE of mechs I'm thinking of comes from the Armored Core series. Hence the name. The world came under rule by companies after the last great war. People turned to these companies and their private armies. These corporations created mobiles suits for their soldiers. It started out as small, bipedal machines with a single gun or two known as Mobile Armor (M.A.). As the companies vied for power, the technology increased. MA's became inferior to their humanoid, full mech, mobile suits known as A.R.M.S. (Armored Response Mobile Suits). These full mechs could sport guns on their shoulders (such as rocket launchers and such) and had arms as well as legs. The arms could host their own guns or blades. Recently newer technology has come out known as NEXTs. NEXTs are faster, more armored, and far more advanced than their ARM predecessors. NEXT Pilots are rare because of the level of skill required to pilot the NEXT. As such pilots are highly valued, well known, and usually work as mercenaries for whichever company pays the most.

The basic plot is we are NEXT pilot mercenaries at the start. Then we get betrayed by (insert big bad evil guy) here and are on the run. You don't have to be a Pilot you can be another kind of technician, airship pilot, things like that.

Examples of MA and ARM: (ARM on the left. MA on the right)
10-4-2010_4-59-25_PM.png

Example of a NEXT. They can be as light or as heavy as you want. Lights move faster but carry lighter weapons. Heavys are slow but can lug a lot of weapons and armor. They have jetpacks and boosters so they can fly and jet around.

1334548377222.jpg

MA's only carry two guns with no jetpacks or anything like that. They are cannon fodder.

ARMS can carry a few guns, depending on the gear. They are the most common unit.

NEXTS can carry a weapon on each shoulder, one in each hand (if they aren't two handed weapons) or their hands can be guns. They can carry two smaller side arms (such as a blade or compact pistol) in case the other guns run out of ammo. Nexts can have four legs instead of being bipedal if they want to carry heavier weapons.

There are other ships like planes, subs, battle stations that walk on four legs.

Ideas would be nice. I'm writing up the full plot right now. Just a fun idea.

I am completely interested in this. I don't need an excuse to do something involving giant robots. It seems like an awesome concept.

I do have a question though. Is there some kind of basic template we shold follow to make our mechs, or can we get a little creative?

Basically look up any mech in Armored Core for a starting point. Your mech will look "mostly" humanoid but there is always room for customization of course.

Legs: Bidepal, reverse jointed (for higher jumping), tank tread legs, quadrupedal, hover craft legs.

Arms: Fairly standard but you can replace them to instead be two guns or one gun and an arm. So you can have a cannon arm but it can't pick up or grapple, just shoot.

The Torso and Head roughly remain the same no matter what you use.

A weapon can be put on each shoulder, or a radar or some device like a signal jammer and such.

gun in each hand. Yes you can hold two rocket launchers but remember they are heavy. You can also instead of having a gun in one hand have a beam/energy sword.

Two compartments for side arms. They are usually small pistols or uzis or a small energy blade (compact and less powerful than a main)

There are energy weapons and ballistic weapons. Energy weapons generate a lot of heat and eventually over heat if fired too often, but they don't run out of ammo. They also fire fairly slow in comparison to ballistics. Unfortunately ballistics only have so much ammo as their downside.

All this is susceptible to change of course if you have a neat idea. Hit me up here with it or PM me.

I'll put up my profile Sunday so you guys can have an idea what i'm looking for. Once we all have profiles I'll put up a better description of the world and story so it's not terribly confusing haha. I'm trying to improve my rping abilities so bear with me ^_^

(BTW this is set in a future version of the regular world. So for nationality just use that. Under Company put Merc. If you want to be a part of a company lemme know so I can work out a list. Classes are things like NEXT Pilot, AM Pilot, ARM Pilot, Fighter Pilot, Soldier, Recon, etc. Fairly loose and just to give an idea of what you do. All the weapons I put are made up entirely. They have to be made by a company (so basically you guys will help me make the company list) but the names and stuff just go wild with it. Mech Class is heavy, medium, light.)

=======================================================================

Our Base:

Name: Perfect Guardian

aircraft_concept_01_by_kerko.jpg

It has a hangar to support our NEXTS and some extra cargo space. If we have fighter pilots it has space to launch them too. A few defense systems and main weapons it is a base and support craft, not really a fighter.

Character

432165_10150985196068683_1299644734_n.jpg

Name: Aaron McKnight
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Green
Skin: Tan
Nationality: United States
Personality: Charming, Kind with that hint of a smart ass, Troublemaker
Company: Mercenary
Class: NEXT Pilot
Strengths: Quick Thinking, Quick Reflexes, Calm under Pressure
Weaknesses: Although he's a quick thinker he tends to dive in head first without looking, Not the best shot out of his NEXT.
Family: No siblings. Parents are deceased.
Love Interest: None right now. Kind of enjoying the bachelor life.

NEXT

void0.png

Model: 468-C
Name: Warden's Shield
Class: Medium
Arms (if you have cannon arms put that here. Otherwise Standard): Standard
Legs (Bipedal, Reverse Joint, Tank, Hovercraft, Quad): Bipedal
Special Mods: Advanced Targeting and Boosters for higher mobility combat.

-Weapons-
Right Arm: LOTUS BR429 - Assault Rifle
Left Arm: DALIA LB44-2 - Energy Blade
Right Back: ARTEMIS AS18 - High Speed Missiles
Left Back: GLAIVE LC55 - Energy Cannon
Shoulders: ARTEMIS CIWS-8/A - Anti Missile System
L Compartment: DALIA LB-66 - Compact Energy Blade
R Compartment: GLAIVE USG-22 - Energy Pistol

Companys (W.I.P.):

LOTUS CORP - Specializes in Ballistic Weapons
DALIA INC - Specializes in blade weaponry, energy and regular
ARTEMIS CO - Specilizes in missiles and anti missile systems
GLAIVE CORP - Specializes in Energy Weapons

What do you think so far?

Ahoohoo...

I'm having trouble coming up with a mecha, so I think I'll just stick with an Airship pilot. Would I be piloting the Perfect Guardian or something else?

If its not full or too late to join I would love to join.

Heres my bio:

Character

James_zps9da0dba3.jpg

Name: Jason Cloudseeker
Hair: Black
Eyes: Dark Blue
Skin: Light
Nationality: United States
Personality: Calm, Collected, Optimistic, Egotistical
Company: Mercenary
Class: NEXT Pilot
Strengths: Quick Thinking, Quick Reflexes, Quick Trigger Finger.
Weaknesses: Though he can think on his feet James tends to think he is superior to others making him a bit alone.
Family: Parents.
Love Interest: None right now.

NEXT

WhiteKnight_zpsefc0763a.jpg

Model: 529-B
Name: White Knight
Class: Medium
Arms: Standard
Legs: Bipedal
Special Mods: Boosters for higher mobility and Hair Triggers for quick firing.

-Weapons-
Right Arm: LOTUS BF55 - Burst Fire Assault Rifle
Left Arm: LOTUS KG28-9 - SMG (attached to arm)
Right Back: N/A
Left Back: (New Company?) DECADE HF3R - High Frequency Communications Radio
Shoulders: GLAIVE EP63-1 - Energy Pulse Generators
L Compartment: DALIA KD25 - Compact Energy Blade
R Compartment: GLAIVE USG-22 - Energy Pistol

Companys (W.I.P.):

LOTUS CORP - Specializes in Ballistic Weapons
DALIA INC - Specializes in blade weaponry, energy and regular
ARTEMIS CO - Specilizes in missiles and anti missile systems
GLAIVE CORP - Specializes in Energy Weapons
(DECADE INC - Specializes in Communications Technologies?)

Hope you don't mind my addition to the company list and I hope I can join you guys.