• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Anyone watch RWBY?

RWBY (pronounced "ruby") is an American animated web series created by Monty Oum for Rooster Teeth Productions.[1][2] The show is set in the fictional world of Remnant, which is filled with supernatural forces. The series focuses on Team RWBY, which consists of Ruby Rose (Lindsay Jones), Weiss Schnee (Kara Eberle), Blake Belladonna (Arryn Zech) and Yang Xiao Long (Barbara Dunkelman). The first episode was released on the Rooster Teeth website on July 18, 2013, following an exclusive screening at RTX.[3] The second volume premiered on July 4, 2014, at RTX and to the general public on July 24, 2014, followed by the third volume on RoosterTeeth.com on October 24, 2015.[4]

Following its announcement, the show became a viral hit, resulting in many cosplays and fan adaptations. One of these adaptations, a fan game titled RWBY: Grimm Eclipse, was later officially adopted by Rooster Teeth, and is currently under development.

On February 1, 2015, Oum died as the result of a coma that was caused by an allergic reaction during a medical procedure.[5] This left the future of the series uncertain for a brief period of time until voice actor Gray Haddock announced that the series would continue, and that Volume 3 would premiere in 2015 as planned.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I absolutely love RWBY and everything about it; I have yet to catch up on Season 3 but regardless, it's an amazing series. The characters are cute, the universe is intriguing, and the story is pretty cool. Highly recommend the series to anyone who enjoys action with a healthy dash of comedy~

However, I'm still extremely heartbroken that RWBY's immensely talented creator, Monty Oum, passed away earlier this year. When I found out in February, I remember crying a lot even though I never knew him personally; seeing them fandom come together to raise money for his medical care, making works honoring him, and just overall expressing how much they loved him despite probably never having met him even once... it was both a very bitter and very sweet moment for me. I'm glad the series is being continued because it's a great one, but I hope Monty's presence is never forgotten because he's truly the one who made it what it is.

On a happier note, favorite characters have to be Neo and Emerald~ I just love their designs, and the way Neo fights is so adorable and cocky haha ♥ Ruby herself is a cutiepie too, and I love her dynamic with Weiss! The adults are also really well-written too. Professor Oobleck is the best haha~

I adore RWBY! It's Roosterteeth, so it comes with all the humor and references, if a bit toned down to be more friendly to younger audiences. It has a beautiful world with colorful characters and amazing weapons, and the fights are phenomenal. The story's not half bad, either, and the music? Breathtaking.

Now, I was very sad to hear about the passing of the series's creator, Monty Oum. However, the fact that they chose to continue the show in his memory was very touching, and it offered some positivity amidst the tragedy. And he left a lot of story, weapon, world, and character info for them to go off of, so his ideas will still come to life in the show even though he is gone. He even worked on some of Volume 3, so at least he still making the show in spirit.

I have yet to catch up on Season 3 but regardless, it's an amazing series.

Oh, believe me, you will want to catch up. There was a lot of fights and songs for half a Volume, some of which were some of the best the show's offered so far. And just wait until Chapter 6. I was not prepared for that, but it's just like a huge plot bomb went off and the show just became three times better. So, when you have the time, hurry up and catch up! :D

Oh, believe me, you will want to catch up. There was a lot of fights and songs for half a Volume, some of which were some of the best the show's offered so far. And just wait until Chapter 6. I was not prepared for that, but it's just like a huge plot bomb went off and the show just became three times better. So, when you have the time, hurry up and catch up! :D

OMG, I HAAAAAAAAAAAATE Team CMEN after that last episode.