• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Another problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have another problem. This time, it's my Glaceon. I don't know if I should teach her anything. I need help... and advice. Thanks. Here are her moves, level and nature:

Moves:
Bite
Blizzard
Growl
quick Attack

She's mild, and her level is 31. Please help! It's an emergency. Thanks.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
if you want to keep Blizzard, give her Hail because Blizzard will never miss while it's hailing, and it's a nice boost with your ability.
think about teaching her water pulse if you have the TM and then Shadow ball if you have it.

so
Hail
Blizzard
Shadow Ball
Water Pulse

if you decide not to put blizzard on her, then give her Ice beam and Ice Shard instead. Even though it'll be weak, Ice Shard can make a nice finisher on something that's only got a few HP left.
[She'll learn Ice Shard by leveling up a few more times]

Okay. Ice shard... is Ice shard good for other pokemon, like Frolass? I want to know what it does, so i can know what to expect when Glaceon learns it.

Okay. Ice shard... is Ice shard good for other pokemon, like Frolass? I want to know what it does, so i can know what to expect when Glaceon learns it.

Ice shard is a priority move which can save your glaceon in a multitude of situations. Its basicly an ice based quick attack. it hits for physical like quick attack as well.

Since Glaceon has higher Sp. Attack then attack ide consider going for moves that classify as special or that help her special attacks. Typicly that would mean working like Ruko did with a good spread of varied type of special attacks. another way to go at it would be using supporting moves to help Glaceon and the rest of your team. So here are 2 different builds I have tried:

Glaceon w/Leftovers
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball/Water Pulse
- Fake Tears
- Wish

This is a more supportive build, it helps alot if you have some Stealth Rock or Spikes support. The idea is to Fake Tears when you come in then use a special attack on the now weakened poke. What is nice about this set is that special walls like Blissey can't stay too long since you weaken them anyway. Wish up to heal if you take some damage or you can always pass it to another one of your poke that has been previously injured. Yawn and roar are also options to support your team and force switches (Have spikes/Stealth Rock up for maximum potential.) I run Ice Beam for its superior PP and accuracy, and for my dislike of hail teams. If you want to use Blizzard I would suggest having an Abomasnow pop in before Glaceon, giving her a permanent Snow Cloak and full power Blizzard.

Glaceon w/Choice Specs or Scarf
- Ice Beam/Blizzard
- Shadow Ball
- Water Pulse
- Hidden Power

This is an all out aggresive moveset for Glaceon, prefferably done after an abomasnow so that you can be protected by snow cloak (since you now lack a recovery move.)

Wow. thanks. I apprecitate this advice. Bye. i'll edit this when i have another problem about Glaceon.

LOCKED ... Until further notice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.