• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Adventures through kanto

So um, hi.
My name is Mr. Fireball and this is my second time doing a roleplay...
Anyways, fill this character sheet in...
I have realized that a lot of people DONT message me via conversation so... yeah.
Name:
Appearence:
Others/Accesories:
Clothing:
Partner Pokemon (CAN BE NON-STARTER):
Pokemon Nickname: (Optional):

Here is my character
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Fireball
Appearence: Black Hair, Red hoodie, black shirt, Brown pants, Red shoes.
Others/Accesories: Black Bracelet with the word "Best Family Ever" written on it
Clothing: Red And Orange Hoodie, Black Pants, White Shoes.
Partner Pokemon: Shiny Charmander
Pokemon Nickname (Optional): No Nickname.

So, before i get started here are a few rules.

1. You can have a shiny pokemon, but if you decide on having a shiny starter, give a good backstory. Same goes with normal starter on how you got him.
2. Health And Levels dont exist in this.
3. Dont be battling and be like "Dodges Dodges Dodges Dodges" Thats even stated in the RP Rules.

Alright, done? Well then, lets go!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ PARTNER BACKSTORY-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Fireball was just a baby, he was playing outside while his mother was in the house making dinner. His dad watched over him, but he was distracted talking to someone, so since Fireball's dad was distracted he got curious and went into the tall grass. Suddenly, a wild rattata jumped out at him! The rattata slowly started coming up close to Fireball, and he seemed very scared. But when the rattata was about to strike, a strangely colored Charmander came and defeated the rattata! Fireball was very grateful and since he did not know how to talk yet, he huged the charmander. Ever since then, Fireball and charmander were best friends, but since his family did not have any pokemon nor pokeballs available, he still owned him as a "Wild Pokemon" But when he was 12 he finally had enough cash to afford a pokeball, so he bought it and finally captured Charmander.

Fireball.png

Fireball Is sleeping in his home located in Pallet Town, with his best friend Charmander. They decide its finally time to go on their adventure, They go downstairs and Fireball talks to his mom and tells her that he is finally going to leave home and go on an adventure. He grabs his pokenav and Charmander's Pokeball and he exits the house. They are heading for the next city, Viridian City now.

Update everyone! I have made this OOC discussion thread so that we dont have to do any OOC chatter on here anymore! A good improvement right? x3 Anyways, if you want to check it out here is a

Quick Travel: http://pokecharms.com/threads/ooc-discussion-thread-for-adventures-through-kanto.14509/

Last edited:
Name: Marisol Camerwoll.
Appearance: Black hair and brown eyes with glasses. She wears an indigo jacket and black shirt with jeans.
Others/Accessories: Brown backpack with supplies in it, lucky indigo hat.
Clothing: She wears an indigo jacket and black shirt with jeans. Also wears white shoes.
Partner Pokemon: Shuppet
Pokemon Nickname (Optional): Cheshire
Pokemon backstory: Cheshire was Marisol's favorite doll when she was younger, but Marisol's father trashed it by accident, turning the doll into a shuppet. Cheshire wondered the streets until it found her master, and few years later and after a lot of explaining they reconnected. Now Cheshire is Marisol's partner on her journey. (( Sorry if it is rushed.))

Marisol was feeding Cheshire a few berry she found on the route before. " Come on, Chesh. You know I cant cook well, so we gotta work with what we got." she said, taking a bite of her own Oran berry. Marisol's backpack was on the ground, filled with only Marisol deemed necessities. She knew she probably couldn't afford to stay in a pokemon center every night, so Marisol and her loyal shuppet had to adjust to camping.

Name: Mike
Appearence: Has glasses
Clothing: Purple shirt and a blue jacket
Partner Pokemon: Munchlax
Pokemon Nickname: Laxer

Backstory: Mike and Laxer are best of friends. They have known each other for 10 years.

Name: Kethleen or lee
Appearance: Long brown hair that covers her eyes.
Clothing: blue shirt with an oversized hoddie covering it and blue jeans.
Partner pokemon: skiddo
Pokemon nickname: Hunter
Backstory: Lees parents were farmer and Hunter was her moms gogoats egg-born( that is how you say it right?). The pair had started their journy only about a week ago.

Lee looked up at the sun. "What do you say hunter? Time to find a place to camp and eat somthing?" She asked her skiddo, Hunter, who was now jumping at the mention of food. Lee laughed. "Come on Hunter! With you jumping around you are going to make our bag drop and then we will have no food." She said just as Hunter imediantly stoped jumping. They started to continue on looking for a place to stay. Soon they found a small place to camp but it already had a trainer in the spot, but there was an overlage amout of area so lee decided just to share the area. "Mind if i cam here?" She asked the trainer as she came out of the foorest into the open space. "There us no better place back there."

Name: Rusty "Zen" Harper
Appearance: Blue and white plaid shirt w/ blue jean shorts, black shoes w/ white tips, medium-short purple hair, lime green eyes (contacts), aquamarine bag, and a red bandanna-like scarf around his neck, tan skin color
Others/Accessories: [See "Appearance"]
Clothing: [See "Others/Accessories"]
Partner Pokemon: Riolu
Pokemon Nickname: Ryu (who also sports the same scarf as Zen)

Backstory: Rusty was only 8 when the incident occurred. He was watching a Pokemon battle when a confused Tauros tackled him with a Zen Headbutt. He was fine a few hours later, miraculously, hence the nickname "Zen." He had found an injured Riolu only a few days later. He had taken it to the Pokemon Center to get it treated. After which, once the Riolu was fully healed, he had run up to Zen and hugged him, showing his gratitude. 2 years later, the Riolu had agreed to being caught in a Pokeball by him, and Zen thought of a nickname for him: Ryu; Named after his favorite fighter from among the streets. They had been best of friends ever since. However, they had never actually battled before, as they were young and inexperienced, but now that the years have passed, they are ready to take on the world, and show it what they're made of!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zen had overslept. Again. Typical Zen...

Once again, Ryu had to jump up onto his bed, and wake him up by shaking him up. He started to jump on his bed half out of anger, and half out of fun. "Ri! Oh! Lu!" He would say every time he landed on the bed, only to jump back up for him to land again, and so on. Eventually, Zen did wake up...on the floor. Because of all the jumping Ryu had done on his bed, it had caused him to fall off the bed, and onto the floor with a THUD!

"HUH-WHAT?! I'm up!" He said, a second after landing on the floor. "I'm um..." He said groggily, rubbing his eyes and yawning. "Rio!" Ryu shot at Zen, clearly angry about something. "What's wrong, Ryu?" Zen asked him, stretching. Ryu got off the bed, and pointed at the window lying low to the ground. Zen's eyes widened as he put together the puzzle pieces. "Oh shoot, I forgot!"

Zen had forgotten that he had to wake up early to get a good price on the Pokeballs and Potions at the nearest Pokemart in Viridian City. In a rush, Zen slapdash put his clothes on, grabbed his bag with everything needed inside of it of course, and left with Ryu following not far behind him.

Once Zen and Ryu ran nonstop from Pallet to Viridian, clearly exhausted, he ran into the Pokemart building, and rested by the counter, desperately trying to catch his breath as Ryu did the same. Ryu was able to catch his breath slightly faster than Zen did, but it still took about 5 minutes before the cashier behind the counter finally spoke up. "Can I help you?" She asked them. With his breath finally caught, Zen spoke up. "Yeah. Um, do you have anymore pokeballs, and slash or potions, perchance?" He asked her, hoping that they did. "No, I'm sorry, but we don't." She said, sounding sorry. "Damn it..." Zen swore under his breath.

"Wait, you're Zen, right?" The lady at the counter asked him. "Actually, yeah. I am." He said, sounding curious. "Why?" He asked her. "Well, we actually have a few pre-ordered for you here." She said, pulling out a plastic bag full of pokeballs and potions. "Really?! Thank you so much!" Zen said happily, grabbing the bag from her. "Your mom had prepaid for them to make sure you actually got a few. How kind of her." She said with a kind tone. "I'll make sure to thank her. Thanks again." He said, starting to walk out. As he was about to leave, the lady stopped her. "However," she said, putting emphasis on the word. "you still need to pay for the actual products." Zen felt his face redden in embarrassment. "Oh, right. How much is it?" He asked her. "Let me see..." She said, pulling out a note. She handed the note to Zen, and his eyes widened as he saw the price. He sighed as he dug through his bag.

"So, let's see here." He said, pouring out the plastic bag's contents onto his bed. "Okay, we've got 5 pokeballs, and 10 potions. I can't believe mom would do this for me. Too bad she's away at work, otherwise I would have thanked her by now." He said, putting the pokeballs and potions in their corresponding pockets in his bag. "Welp, are we ready to start our own adventure, Ryu?" He asked his partner. Ryu joyfully responded. "Rio!" "Alright, then. Let's gooo!!!" He said, dashing out the front door, and into the wide world of Pokemon!

Fireball said in excitement "Come on Charmander! You are so slow! Ugh... Hey do you mind if i return you?" Charmander nods his head saying no, and Fireball returns Charmander, and he continues running. 10 Minutes later he arrives at Viridian City's Pokemart and sees that the Pokeballs and Potions are out of stock. His family was pretty poor, although they managed to get a VERY expensive house, that was only because of his mom's sister, she is rich. Fireball sighs and he continues on to Viridian Forest. 1 minute later he arrives there and he hears a shout saying "Hey You! You have pokemon with you! Lets battle right now! Go Caterpie!" Fireball tries to refuse, but the Bug Catcher keeps on asking him to battle. Fireball gets mad and he says "FINE! GO CHARMANDER!" It was their first real battle, but for Fireball it was his uh... Very Annoying Moment... He calms down a little bit, and shouts out "Charmander! Ember!" Charmander bursts some flames out of his mouth and the Caterpie faints. He knew a lot about type effectiveness, (Thats how you say it?) so he knew that fire is strong agaisnt bug. He continues on, defeating all the bug catchers... Charmander also learned a new move. "Charmander! Metal Claw!". He decides to rest for a little bit and grabs a sandwich out of his bag and starts eating. Charmander also hunted for food and he found some oran berries, he slashes them off the bush and returns to Fireball. They will take just a little rest then they will continue on.

(OOC: I have already gotten approval to join, and make another character that is significantly different as the trainer. If there is any issues of any kind, especially regarding the robot, please see me as soon as possible.)

Name: Bastion
Backstory: He had been part of a war against Team Rocket, though he had ran out of battery life, as he lied dormant in a forest that was nearby a route that trainers wandered around. His sensory receptors were accidentally rebooted by a Helioptile that woke him up, as he noticed a Nidoqueen that chased the poor Helioptile towards him. He utilized his stun gun in the fight, as Helioptile became his partner after the two became best friends. Although he might be a defensive robot that some demise, he is really one that can be sweet and nice if he has the right Pokémon with him.
Appearance: Is a slightly large robot that is 4'8", while his head is square, as he his eyes are composed of a visor receptor that is a blue line. He has a blue cube-like core on the back of his head that can be seen when he curls up. It functions like an outer battery, that can be used to power electric type Pokémon. He has the usual robotic hands and feet here, as they have five fingers and three toes on each.
Personality: He is as he is carefree and outgoing when happy, while he is viligant of his surroundings. He is also very overprotective of his Helioptile, as he would go to the point of using his stun gun to protect him.
Others/Accesories: His right hand can change into a stun gun which stuns Pokémon briefly with no damage, though this is often on safety mode to prevent accidental firing.
Clothing: None, he is a robot, he can't really wear normal clothing.

Partner Pokémon: Helioptile
Nickname: N/A

---------------------------------------------------------------------

BIC:

Bastion woke up from his nap in the Viridian Forest, as he wandered around while a Helioptile sat on his right shoulder. He scanned around the area sharply, as he saw some trainers around that looked like they just recentally lost a battle. The Helioptile said to him while he briefly saw a trainer that recalled their Charmander, "Helio, Helioptile!"

Bastion whired at him in approval, as he quietly walked to the trainer while the Helioptile kept a watchful eye around him. He went over to a berry bush, as he quietly picked some oran berries and offered one for the Helioptile to try. He noticed him happily grab it, as he ate it and said, "Helio!" Bastion patted his back, as he gave the rest to the Helioptile while he continued to quietly approach the trainer.

Fireball suddenly hears footsteps and strange noises and he says "Who's there? Charmander stay alert!" He says while on the inside he is scared. Charmander looks around and sees the tail of a Helioptile and he alerts Fireball "Char! Char Char! Charmander!" He says, and Fireball instantly understands, responding to Charmander saying "All right Charmander! Get ready for WHATEVER THE HECK is about to come out!"

Fireball decides to ignore the Helioptile and move on though. He encounters a few pinsir feeding on the trees along the way, but he ignores them. As he continues to Viridian City something looked wrong with Charmander. His tail was going wild! The grass started to burn! Charmander is scared, but Fireball grabs Charmander as the fire from his tail cools down. It left a spot in the forest thats just ashes... He arrives at Pewter city and tries to catch his breath. Charmander is not tired because he got carried but it was still dangerous. He goes to the pokemart and buys 5 Pokeballs, 5 Antidotes, 5 Paralyz Heals, and 3 Potions. He then exits the poke-mart, and goes back into the Forest, to search for pokemon. A few minutes later he sees a Bulbasaur. He says ÖH MY GOD A BULBASAUR THOSE MUST BE SUPER RARE!!!!!!!" But before he could even throw a pokeball, the Bulbasaur fled. Later on he finds a Eevee, and he said to Charmander "Älright Charmander, are you ready for our first new team member?" Charmander looked excited, and he gets ready for a surprise attack. Fireball shouts "Charmander! use Scratch!" Charmander attacks the Eevee by surprise, and the Eevee gets hurt. The Eevee looked angry, and striked back with a Quick Attack. Charmander tries to dodge, but he fails and had his first experience of pain... Furious, he uses Metal Claw, and the Eevee faints. Fireball says "Alright! Its time to throw a pokeball! GO!" The pokeball hits the Eevee, and Fireball is hoping it stays in there. 1... 2... 3... Tap! The Eevee was caught, and they got their first new friend. Fireball says "Yes! Great job Charmander!" as he picks up the pokeball.

(OOC: Please dont mind the fact that i found an Eevee in viridian forest, just use your imagination and think that there are other pokemon there.)

Last edited:
(OOC: On behalf of Mr. Fireball, I'd like to remind everyone, whether they're already in the rp, or are considering joining the rp, to start a private conversation with Mr. Fireball to ask to join. Thank you!)

BIC: As Zen and Ryu ran through the forest (more specifically Route 1), they saw many trainers, all of which seemed to be doing their own thing. They saw two trainers and their Pokemon setting up camp on his way, along with some wild Pokemon...who seemed to want to battle. Zen and Ryu, being the competitive souls they were, gladly accepted. Every Pokemon they encountered wanted to fight them, and every Pokemon they encountered failed. While Ryu wasn't nearly as strong as others, he only knew four moves - only one of which actually dealt damage - so they had a difficult time. Many times, they had to retreat back to the house to rest up. Zen felt that he had to save his few potions for times that they really needed them, say during a gym battle, were the time ever to come.

Once they actually made it through, and into Viridian City, they immediately went to the Pokemon Center to get healed up. Since they woke up, it had been about 2 hours, one whole hour of which being spent on those wild Pokemon, so both of them were beat. Although it was a Pyrrhic victory, they let it go, and rested; Ryu in the healing room (whatever it's called), and Zen in the waiting room.

Once they were all healed up and hanging out outside, eating a few berries, Zen notices some smoke from afar. Walking off, along with Ryu following, he goes to check it out. Upon closer examination, it had seemed that some of the grass had been burned, leaving a trail of burnt grass. As they were just about to see where it lead to, somebody had walked out of the corner. Zen had run back, trying to make it seem like he was minding his own business. He hid behind a corner, and watched. The person seemed to be a boy with a Charmander. He watched as the person encountered, fought, and caught an Eevee. After their little victory cheer, Zen walked out, Ryu right behind him. "Nice job!" He cheered with a medium-slow clap.

(OOC: Sorry it took me so long for this. I've been...distracted. x3)

Name: Jackal Andreas
Appearence: With sunny brown skin, coffee-colored eyes, and curly blonde hair midway down her back, Jack stands at a fair five-feet eight-inches tall.
Others/Accesories: Almost always has her hair tied back in a ponytail via a purple scrunchie, and has several notable freckles on her lower cheeks and chin.
Clothing: She wears a golden yellow skirt with a simple sky-blue top that hangs from her shoulders
Partner Pokemon: Pidgey
Pokemon Nickname: (Optional): Saul
Backstory: Jackal found most of her childhood fun hanging in the trees of Viridian Forest. Naturally, she needed protection from the bug types, and as a flying type was the most convenient choice, her dad helped her to catch darling Saul, her compliant show off of a Pidgey. Newly fifteen, she begins her journey through Kanto.
---

As a lone Weedle roamed cautiously in the grass patches of Viridian Forest, the seemingly equally-lone girl, Jackal, eyed the bug from a short distance, hiding behind a tree.

"Hey buddy," she called out sweetly, stirring from her hiding spot. The Weedle perked up, on edge, but not fleeing just yet as it turned to face her. "Hi there little guy. I don't suppose you know a place here to find some good berries?"

While the Weedle didn't fully trust her or her story yet, it made a motion to comply, inching closer towards the girl as she egged it on and on. "That's right little buddy, just a little closer and--NOW!" On cue, a Pidgey swept down from a high tree branch, hitting the Weedle hard with a surprise quick attack, and making it cry out in surprise as it flopped onto its side. Sensing her opening, the girl took the Pokeball hidden behind her back and lobbed it at the Weedle. With three suspenseful shakes, and as the Pidgey returned to her shoulder, the ball clicked once, signifying the Weedle's capture.

"Aw yeah! Nice one Saul!" Jack rushed forwards to pick up the ball, giving her partner Pokemon a sort of fist bump with his wing. Said Pidgey stood proudly, and then cooed happily, nestling in against her neck as she set the Weedle's Pokeball at her belt. "That's capture numero uno, all thanks to you bud." She announced as she checked the status of the new Pokemon. Female Weedle, knowing poison sting and string shot. With delight, Jackal declared her intentions, staring down at the ball. "I'm gonna call you... Marlaina."

With that settled, Jackal couldn't deny the scent of smoke in the air. Naturally protective of the forest, despite her tendency to squabble with the locals, she set off towards the source of the smell til she found Fireball and Zen standing there.

"Woah uh, what happened here?" She asked, looking wide-eyed at the sight of the burnt grass.

"Thanks uh... stranger. Also, sorry about the fact that the grass is burnt. My Charmander's flame on his tail was going off the limits. Hmm lets check this Eevee... Alright pretty good." Fireball did not notice Jackal talking to them, so he decides to go back to Pewter City. He says "Alright, it was nice to meet ya. Bye!" But he also adds "Come on Charmander, you know the deal. Get on my shoulder buddy." and walks away with Charmander.

Last edited:
The two, Zen and Ryu, heard a voice come from behind them. It sounded concerned about what had happened to the grass. Zen turned around to see a girl with a Pidgey. "I don't know, it was like that when I got here, which was about a minute ago." He replied to her, answering her worried question. When he turned around to comment on the culprit, they were gone. Zen looked around for a moment, before thinking that they just walked off somewhere else. With nothing better to do, Zen looked over at the girl, and grinned at an idea that he got. When he looked over at Ryu with that look on his face again, Ryu had a face similar, as they were both thinking the same thing.

"I don't think we've introduced ourselves." Zen said to the girl, speaking for both him and Ryu. Ryu climbed up onto Zen's shoulder, and held out his paw as Zen held out his hand for a handshake. "My name's Zen, and this is my buddy Ryu. Nice to meet ya!" He politely said to her and her Pidgey. In the meantime, Zen wanted to strike up an interesting conversation. "So, since we're already here, do you want to battle?" Zen asked her.

(OOC: This is where things get a little tricky. We're going to have to compromise if you accept. x3)

While she was a bit confused by the initial situation, as well as the one boy with his Charmander as they ran off, Jackal's nerves were pacified again by the second boy and his Riolu as they held out their hands. Graciously, she accepted the handshake from both, firm but not too firm, as Saul politely bumped them both with his wing.

"Pleased to meetcha Zen and Ryu," she smiled pleasantly, pointing to her partner and then to herself. "This here's Saul, and I'm Jackal. Word to the wise, I've only trained off of the bugs in this forest, but I'd still love me a good mono-e-mono battle. We are talking one on one, right? I've got an injured Weedle socked away for right now, but that's about it."

(OOC: I've got a sort of compromise in mind as well:up:)

After the girl, now known as Jackal, had introduced herself and her Pidgey known as Saul, they had told Zen and Ryu (mainly Zen) that they had only trained by fighting the bug-types in the forest. Zen could see that happening, as bug-types are the easiest to fight with a flying-type. She had then asked if it was going to be a one-on-one battle. Seeing that Zen really didn't have any more Pokemon other than Ryu, it had to be. "Yeah, Ryu's the only Pokemon that I have right now, so yeah. We're talking about one-on-one." He said, pointing between himself and Ryu, then between himself and Jackal. "So, you up for it?" He asked her, wondering if she was even ready.

Ryu had also gotten a little bit of practice from the wild Pokemon they encountered before making it to Viridian, so he wasn't completely outranked, but seeing that Saul had been going up against Pokemon that he had the advantage over, he probably has more experience when battling than Riolu. But then again, Riolu isn't a bug-type, so this should be an interesting battle.

(OOC: Yes, I realize I don't have the upper hand here, but I will try nonetheless. x3)

"Of course! Lay it on me," Jackal nodded with zeal. "Saul, get ready bud. Win or lose, we're gonna give em' what we've got." Saul fluttered up to rest on her head, perched carefully to signify that he was good to go, and just as zealous as his trainer.

Still, despite his proud, battle-ready pose, something was definitely off. His breaths were heavier than normal, and he was shivering just slightly. Sensing her beloved starter's clear discomfort, Jackal took him from her head and spoke with him at eye level. "Saul? You alright buddy?"

He nodded, and she kept staring at him. She was worried, but well-enough convinced. "Alright pal, if you say so, but don't be afraid to tap out if you need to." Jackal told him on a final note, otherwise ready to fight.

Bastion decided to ignore the boy with the Charmander, as he went to a girl that had a Pidgey, while the Helioptile stared at her, since her hair had gotten his attention. Bastion scanned around the area for any threats, as the Helioptile looked at the girl that spoke with the Pidgey.

Bastion brushed off some of the leaves that were on his metallic back, as he noticed a Caterpie that munched on the leaves he brushed. He picked him up with the leaf it was slowly chewing on, as he scanned it with his receptors. The Helioptile turned towards Bastion's direction, as he blanky stared at the Caterpie.

With one final question of confirmation, Jackal and Saul were ready to go. However, from the looks of it, Jackal seemed worried about Saul. Zen didn't know what was going on, nor what had happened prior, but he believed that if they were still willing to go through with the battle, then it shall go on.

Zen walked far enough away from her so there would be enough room for the two Pokemon to battle in. Ryu jumped off of Zen's shoulder, and out in front of him, and readied himself by doing a few pre-battle stretches. Zen then walked up to the middle of the battlefield, and took a coin out of his pocket. "Pick a side!" He called out to Jackal right as he flipped the coin into the air.

"Tails!" Jackal shouted over to him, thumbing the soft feathers on Saul's head comfortingly. Attempting to follow his lead and pretend to know what she was doing, she did a few stretches as well, cracking her knuckles, and rolling her shoulders to pop the joints. She noticed a Helioptile staring her down, and she blinked twice.

"Hiya, little guy. Where's your trainer? Have you got one?" Jackal wasn't sure if they could even be found in Kanto, but her primary focus right now was still on the fight to come.

After what felt like minutes of the coin flipping in air (you know how those moments are), it finally landed. It spun around a few times, before finally landing, with the side face-up labeled...

"Tails!" Zen called out to her again. Slightly disappointed that he lost the coin toss, he kept his grin nonetheless. "Lucky you, you get to make the first move!" He said, smiling at her. He then walked back to his spot behind Ryu, and did a few stretches himself, before speaking up. "You ready, buddy?" He asked Ryu as he looked back at him. "Rio!" Ryu replied with confidence, nodding. "Alright, then. They're making the first move, so be prepared." Zen warned Ryu, before looking back up at Jackal. "You may begin whenever you're ready!" He called out to her diligently.

(OOC: As to not break any rules, let's try to make our turns detailed and not short, and let's not force hits, but instead, let's use......pause for effect......LOGIC!! :-O)

(OOC (part 2): Although, I do like a good battle, so let's go all out! '3')

(OOC: will do!)

Gleeful to have luck on her side so far, Jackal whispered a command to Saul. His eyes smirked for what his beak couldn't as he took to the skies, soaring in a wide circle in what they both hoped was out of Ryu's reach. She bit her tongue, hoping his judgement for timing was fine on his own and that he'd do more than just circle the Riolu, but Jackal was quickly reassured as her partner dove straight down in an impossibly speedy blur of feathers. He had learned how to use quick attack only recently, but he was practiced enough to put faith in his sense of aim, hoping that his blinding speed in the moment would be enough to nail Ryu straight in the chest.

Name: Finlay
Appearance: 6 ft, brown, medium, messy hair, green eyes, mesomorph body shape,
Others/Accessories: black wrist watch on right wrist,
Clothing:black tracksuit top, jeans, light brown shoes, black cap,
Partner Pokemon: Squirtle
Pokemon Nickname: (Optional): Peppe

Finlay woke up in his hometown Viridian City. He stretched his body across his body, sat up and looked out the window which had the day light shining through the glass. "Today's the day I get my first Pokemon and I start my journey," Finlay looked over at his clock and read 12:14pm. "...Wow, I slept in," Finlay said as he leaped out of bed and got changed into his clothes before going downstairs. Finlay put on his shoes and opened the door. Finlay came to a sop as he noticed a parcel by his feet. There was a tag attached, Finlay read the tag. "To Finlay, From Professor Oak,"

Finlay's lit up and he didn't hesitate opening the parcel. inside was Pokeballs and a Pokedex. There was also a Pokeball that was seperated from the other Pokeballs. There was a note inside as well. "Hi Finlay, I decided to save you the trip and send you the tools you need to start your journey, to you instead. Inside you'll find Pokeballs, Pokedex and another Pokeball which contains your partner that I specifically picked out for you. This Pokemon recently hatched from its egg, which belonged to a Pokemon that belonged to your Father. This was the last thing he gave us before his disappearance. So we feel that this belongs to you, good luck on your journey, From Prof. Oak"

Finlay's jaw dropped the entire time he read the letter. Finlay then smiled and picked up the Pokeballs and the Pokedex and placed them in his bag. Finlay then slowly picked up the separated Pokeball and threw it in the air. The Pokeball opened and a light emerged from it. The light revealed the Pokemon that was inside to be a Squirtle. Squirtle sat on the floor, he opened his eyes and looked up at Finlay unsure where he was.

Zen and Ryu almost couldn't follow the movements of the Pidgey as it flew into the air at blinding speeds. Almost. Zen had done a lot of training with Ryu, so he had gotten used to Ryu's impressive speed that Saul had been somewhat copying (<< for lack of other word). A few seconds later, Saul dove down almost as fast as he had flown up. With only seconds to react, Zen almost immediately knew what to do. "Ryu, use Counter!" Zen called out to Ryu. Ryu awaited the impending attack from Saul. (OOC: Is it alright if I say your attack hits?)

BIC: As soon as it hit Ryu, he was pushed back slightly as he sustained the damage, but immediately retaliated with a punch that was twice as powerful as the Quick Attack used on him (OOC: Which, according to the Pokemon Database, does about 40 damage, so you can figure out the rest). "You alright, Ryu?" Zen slightly-worriedly asked Ryu. Ryu simply looked back and nodded. A fire could be seen burning in his eyes, wishing to continue the battle with haste. "In that case, go ahead and use Quick Attack!" Zen ordered Ryu. In a flash, Ryu chased after Saul. (OOC: I'll leave it up to you if it hits.)

The countered blow staggered Saul from his stance, knocking him to the ground in a heap of feathers. Instinctively, he rose to his feet, woozy as Zen ushered his command, but still determined to hold his own in their first ever trainer battle.

"Quick! Gust him away! Don't even let him near you." Jackal called out to him, but Saul already had gathered the same idea in team Jackal's short period of reaction time. His wings beat hard against the air, sending a whipping torrent of wind straight in Ryu's seemingly-straight path, gnashing his beak and fighting with everything in him to push the approaching Riolu away.

As Ryu steadily gained on the Pidgey, Zen heard what sounded like another command from Jackal. Shortly after, Zen felt a breeze, followed by Saul flying up again. The breeze continued to get harder and harder until it became a strong gust. Struggling to keep going further, Ryu started digging his paws into the ground to keep from flying away. Even Zen, who had to hold onto a tree just to keep from being blown away, had some difficulty against the wind. But alas, the wind was too strong, and Ryu was sent flying backwards. Letting go of the tree, Zen jumped out to catch him. Fortunately, he did, but the impact left a few scrapes on Zen's arm. Shortly afterwards, the wind had died down, and Zen had let go of Ryu, as he rushed back out onto the battlefield. "That was pretty good!" Zen called out to Jackal, impressed with the way she used Gust to blow away Ryu, not to mention the overall strength of Gust. "You're turn! Come at us!" He shot back at her, proposing another challenge for them to overcome.

Finlay crouched down to the little Squirtle. "Hey, little guy, you and I are going to be partners and we'll become the very best together," Finlay smiled. Squirtle blankly looked back Finlay, unsure of what Finlay meant. Squirtle then slightly tilted his head. "Squirt?" Squirtle said. Finlay chuckled. "Don't worry, you'll understand sooner or later," Finlay softly said. Squirtle looked around feeling a bit uneasy as to his unfamiliar surroundings, he looked back up to Finlay and raised his arms up. Implying to be picked up. "Don't worry Squirtle, I got you," Finlay said softly as he picked him up. "I think I'll call you Peppe, I feel like that suits you. What do you think?" Squirtle simply tightly gripped Finlay's shirt and snuggled in his arms. "...I'm just gonna take that as a yes," Finlay said. Finlay then looked up at a sign that pointed in a direction. "Viridian Forest this way," Finlay followed where the sign directed and made his way to Viridian Forest, still carrying Peppe. "Our journey begins today Peppe, I wonder what the future has in store for us," Finlay passionately said. Peppe looked up at Finlay and smiled as he started to like Finlay and his kindness.

"Thanks and likewise." Jackal said quickly, shooting Saul a look, and surging her head forwards to signify what she wanted him to do. He seemed to catch on well enough, and shot forwards, skimming just above the ground the moment Zen finished the invitation to attack. It was yet another quick attack, aiming again for Ryu's center body. Moments before he came in close, however, Jackal shouted aloud, louder than she had ushered her other commands, and in a different tone of voice. "Roll to the left! Avoid the counter when you strike!"

The Helioptile stood on Bastion's shoulder, knowing that he wasn't a human like everyone else, as he said to Jackal nervously, "Helio..." Bastion looked at the Helioptile and wondered what was wrong, as he whirred in doubt.

The Helioptile looked at a battle that went on between a Pidgey and a Riolu. He continued to look at her, while Bastion steadily lifted his left arm and slowly stroked his back with his hand. He completely avoided touching his frills, knowing that they would emit electrical shocks if he were startled.

Finlay entered Viridian Forest and looked around at all the greenery and the Pokemon that lived in this habitat. "Wow, this would be the first time I ever fully explore Viridian Forest. The last time I was here was when I was young and I ran away for a couple of days," Finlay said as he continued to walk through the forest. Peppe looked up at Finlay as he talked with a very intrigued and interested look. Peppe seemed to have really got to like Finlay in the short amount of time they have been together.

However, Finlay came to an alarming stop as he got distracted by a battle between a Riolu and a Pidgey, it seemed pretty heated as well. Finlay noticed another trainer with a yellow Pokemon with frills on his shoulder, spectating the battle as well. Finlay approached the trainer. "Um...Do you what's happening between them?" Finlay asked, intrigued to find out if this trainer knew what was happening.

As soon as Zen finished speaking, Saul had flown right at them at terrifying speeds with another Quick Attack. He thought about having Ryu Counter it again, but he figured that surely Jackal wasn't stupid enough to think that he'd do that. He also thought about having Ryu Endure it, but what good would come of that? Sure, it would prevent him from losing, but it wouldn't damage Saul any. Plus, the likelihood of Ryu fainting if the move did hit was unlikely. So, he decided to fight fire with fire. "Ryu, avoid it with Quick Attack, and try to hit him from behind!" Zen shouted at Ryu. As he said that, Ryu awaited the incoming missile named Saul. As Saul came within a few feet of them, Ryu booked it. As he did that, they had realized that Saul had swerved off to the other side, thinking that Ryu was going to counter and miss it. Ryu had managed to quickly turn around, and jump right above Saul. Ryu prepared to punch him, but his paw seemed to be glowing a bit from what Zen could tell. Then, Zen thought of something that made his eyes widen, and he smiled. Could Ryu be learning a new move? Zen thought to himself. All he could do is wait and see. (OOC: Should this hit? I don't want to force this on you.)

Saul still had far too much momentum built up from quick attack to just turn around, and strangely, he suddenly found himself feeling sluggish, and unable to follow through or dive to the side. Ryu's new move struck him dead on, and he warbled a cry in surprise as he inevitably fell down to the ground in a discombobulated mess. Again, he tried to stand, and managed to grip the ground with his talons and hold a weak stance. His shivers were more intense now. Jackal had surely never seen a bird pant, yet here Saul was.

"Huh? You alright buddy?" Jackal asked, genuinely concerned for her partner, but halfway believing that it was just a dirty trick to catch Ryu off guard. She flipped her Pokedex out of her pocket, checking his status. With a sort of face palm, she glared down at the other Pokeball in her belt, calling out to her starter.

"Aw come on! You were poisoned the whole time?" As she looked up, it did appear that Saul was very-near fainted. The residual effect of the Weedle's poison stinger from further back in the forest had taken its toll. "Gosh bud, I'm so sorry! Ugh, I should've checked it before. Sorry for the letdown Zen and Ryu, I've gotta forfeit from here and run this poor guy to a Pokecenter. Great battle though, definitely a memorable first."

It was apparent that Saul had tried to swerve out of the way to avoid Ryu's attack, but something happened that prevented him from doing so. Either that, or he felt that he could take it. Either way, Ryu had hit Saul dead on with a new move: Force Palm! Saul had hit the ground quite hard and abruptly, and slid for a while, before, miraculously, making it make up onto his talons. Ryu ran back up to Zen, jumped up, and they gave each other a high-5. Zen embraced Ryu in a hug for their first trainer battle being a victory, but that was short lived as Zen looked over at Saul, who seemed very weak.

Zen then heard Jackal say that Saul had been poisoned the entire time. That lead to a Pyrrhic victory for Zen and Ryu. Feeling bad, Zen grabbed a potion out of his bag, and ran up to Jackal. "Here, it's on me. It should heal his wounds, but not the poisoning." He said, handing her the Potion, hoping she'd take it. "Also, would you like to have a rematch later on? I don't like battling against others who have disabilities, whether they know it or not. I like things to be fair, and all-out." He told her, saying it with utmost sincerity. Ryu jumped back onto Zen's shoulders, resembling that of a piggyback ride. "Well, I guess we'll see you at the Pokemon Center?" He asked them, before turning towards the center in question, and departing towards it.

11/11/2016 EDIT: (OOC: Sadly, @Mr. Fireball, the creator of this rp, has left Pokecharms for unknown reasons. My guess is that they were fed up with the "strict" rules of Pokecharms. Personally, I have no problem with 'em, but Fireball on the other hand...perhaps they don't like to be restricted by limits. So with a heavy heart, I say that I am unsure if this rp is able to continue. I've seen instances where rps have been shut down by admins/mods because issues came up with the rp creator/thread poster, and this might be the case here. However, I am willing to reboot this rp in a separate thread in the event that this one does get shut down. I apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused for anybody, whether they be considering joining (which you can't now, seeing that you need permission from the rp creator, who isn't here anymore), or they're already a part of it (those lovely folks being @Slemmandre, @Gpig5, @Charlespark, @Fairyloid, @montymike, and @Shadowgirl1234). Great job on making this as great an rp as we could, though! ^^)

Last edited:
"Count on it! Great battle!" Jackal reaffirmed. Zen had left the potion before she could even feel bad and refuse. In hindsight, she realized, it was a good thing, and she rushed to her partner's side with the medicine in tow.

"Careful bud, easy now." She cooed softly to him, twisting the nozzle of the potion and spraying it as gently she could on his wounds. Saul winced, but otherwise stayed still, letting her patch him up as he stared adamantly at the ground. "Aw Saul, what's the matter? Don't get so down about a lost fight. It'll make for a good story later, eh?" Jackal nudged him in the side, and he whipped his wings in protest, trying to declare that he was not down, and that he'd be mature about a lost fight. Evident by his squalling, "maturity" wasn't anything she'd be getting out of him, not that she needed it, and she laughed happily at the growing banter between the two.

The Helioptile suddenly slipped back into her mind, but before she could allow herself to dwell any further, it became clear that he did indeed need a Pokecenter. "Okay bud, looks like we're gonna have to haul it. You okay with a bumpy ride?" Her pacified Pidgey nodded, and though he didn't like looking like a priority, Jackal scooped him up in her hands and rushed forwards towards Pewter, hoping to reach the center before he could faint.

Fireball Healed Charmander, And the freshly caught Eevee, and decided to meet him. He went outside and shouted "Go! Eevee!" Eevee is finally out of the pokeball. He looks at Fireball straight in the eyes, and looks happy. Suddenly, he jumps on his head! Fireball said "Huh, is this normal behavior? Lets check my pokedex..." And then the pokedex says "EEVEE. THE EVOLUTION POKEMON. THANKS TO ITS MANY GENES, IT CAN EVOLVE INTO MANY DIFFERENT FORMS, AND IS ALSO A EXTREMELY FRIENDLY POKEMON. PERFECT IF YOU WANT A PET FOR YOUR KID." Fireball found out its normal behavior, and decides to go challenge the gym.

As he goes in, its very rocky and muddy in there, but it doesnt matter... Charmander has metal claw, super effective agaisnt rock! As Fireball walks forward, he gets challenged by a gym-trainer, and takes him on. He was no problem to handle, and then he started thinking "Man winning the badges is gonna be easy..." But he does not know what the actual gym leaders have to hold... As he walks forward he sees Brock, and he says "Welcome challenger! From the looks of it, you dont have any badges so ill go easy on you! This will be a 2V2 Single Battle! Pick your pokemon!" He says, and Fireball says "Ill pick Charmander and Eevee." And then the gym leader responds... "Ill pick these guys then! Go Geodude!" Surprised, he sends out Charmander. "Charmander! Get on the battle field buddy! You can be the first to attack." But Brock generously says "No, its the rules of a gym that the challenger gets the rights to attack first everytime." He says. So, just like that Fireball shouted out a command to Charmander. "Charmander! Use Metal Claw!" The Geodude takes the hit pretty well, but it did get weakened! "Geodude! Use Rock Slide!" Charmander gets extremely hurt! It can barely stay on its feet! With the last of its power, it uses Metal Claw again, And would you look at that its a critical hit! Fireball and Charmander honestly had no idea how a rock can have a weak spot, but somehow a geodude does. Brock calls back Geodude. "Geodude! Come Back!" Charmander is powerless... He faints as well! Fireball quickly runs on the battlefield, and takes Charmander off it, asking him "Are you alright buddy? Are you hurt?" Charmander faintly responds "Char..........Char............" He was very surprised that he was still holding on, but then Brock sends out "Go! Onix!" Fireball is very intimidated, and Eevee is the only pokemon he has left... He then shouts "Go! Eevee!" It was Eevee's first gym battle. "Alright Eevee, stay calm,relax, And you will do just fine." Onix quickly uses Rock Tomb, but before the attack could even hit Fireball shouts "Eevee quick! use dig!" Eevee digs underground using its paws, and then its just a waiting game... After a few seconds Eevee gets out of the ground and attacks Onix! It did not leave a scratch... Onix uses Rock Tomb again, But it misses! Eevee did not want to dissapoint its trainer, so it keeps going, Fireball did not even shout any commands, it just did what it wanted to do in order to win! Everytime it would use tail whip, And dodge onix's attacks and out of a sudden it uses Dig Again! A few seconds later and the Onix takes MASSIVE damage! Onix Faints, and Fireball wins the gym battle. He then calls Eevee back. "Amazing Job Eevee! Come Back!" Then Brock walks up to Fireball, and he says "Im Impressed, you are a very strong trainer. It has been a while since i had a Challenger, but we will put you on the Winners list and here, take your badge. You Earned it. Fireball has finally got his first badge and says "Thank You!" And walks out of the gym, Carrying Charmander.