• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Adventures in the Dandur Region

It was a cool spring evening on the isle of challenge and the last battles of the day were beginning to wrap up
In the east, most stadium the isle, stood two men at opposite sides of a heavily cratered and dusty battlefield. Suddenly a thundering sound of collision before a sudden crash filled the stadium.
The eldest of the men, dressed simply in a blue and yellow robe, a long white beard, and a pale blue staff with red circular engravings, withdrew his now fainted Claydol and begun to speak with an aura of wisdom and mysticism only achievable through immense life experiences
"You've surprised me Jake, but the fun ends now. Go Venasaur, Chansey use soft-boiled,
Venasaur it's time to mega evolve!" Suddenly energy begun to erupt from a keystone within the man’s staff and the mega stone attached to the Venasaur's tree trunk
The man standing opposite him responded with a smirk and a moderate tone
"This battle has definitely been fun Spenser, but it's time for this to end. Scar use Aura sphere on Chansey, Nightwing aerial ace!" Replied the challenger as his Pokémon sprang into action, with the mega Lucario firing a wave of cobalt projectiles while its comrade flew upward and dived steeply repeatedly toward the stationary seed Pokémon. Pokémon cries and dust exploded from the battlefield, which once settled revealed Jake's Pokémon standing at their trainer’s side with Spenser's Pokémon laying fainted in the centres of small craters
"Well played Jake, keep this up and you'll be a Frontier Master in no time, here is your spirit symbol" stated Spencer and he returned his Pokémon and stowed their Pokeballs inside his staff, before handing Jake a gold coin like token with four recessed rectangles forming a raised square in the centre. "Speaking of Frontier masters, I just received word from Brandon, he asks that you give him a video call sometime tonight"
"Thank you, Spenser, I'll call Brandon after the Pokémon have been checked out by the Nurse" replied Jake, bowing politely to the former battle palace elder before returning his Pokémon and jogging off in the direction of the largest structure on the island, The Sky-tower or The Spire as it is referred to by the locals.

---10 minutes later---

“We’ve restored your Pokémon to full health. We hope to see you again” chirped the Nurse behind the counter as she handed Jake back his 7 Pokeballs, her name tag said JOY but Jake knew otherwise
“I still do not understand why you say that, Alex, by the way your nurse’s cap is slanted” replied Jake in a questioning and playful manner
“You know they force me to do it, and don’t use my real name while I’m working, last thing I need is another complaint that I’m not keeping up the nurse joy image” replied Alex as she straightened her nurse’s cap “anyway how did the battle with Spenser go?”
“It went pretty well I won three knockouts to nil, but he definitely had me on the ropes a couple times, and he mentioned Brandon wanted me to give him a call after I’d won, that's going to be so much fun" replied Jake with a slight hint of sarcasm as he clipped each Pokeball to his belt. “what time you finishing tonight?”
“I’m off at 8 on Fridays, and its just about 7 now, so how bout you go get cleaned up, give Brandon a call and meet me back here at 8, there’s some new food stall at the markets. Tacos and chill by the beach?” smiled Alex leaning forward slightly to ensure no one else could hear their discussion
“You read my mind, been ages since we had Friday date night, see you at 8” replied Jake as he leaned over the counter gave Alex a quick kiss on the cheek before heading off toward the elevators.

--- 45 minutes later---

BERRIP BERRIP BERRIP the dialling tone of the video caster
“Ah I was wondering when I’d be hearing from you Jake, I trust the Isle challenges have been keeping you on your feet” spoke a deep stern voice belonging to an even sterner looking person, Brandon was known to be practically devoid of all emotions, though he at least made the effort to try and show emotion in recent times.
“It’s definitely been a while Brandon, and yes the Isles have definitely kept me busy but if you hadn’t already guessed or more likely been notified I beat Spenser today meaning I’m done with this little game of yours Brandon” replied Jake with a cold tone as he polished his latest token with a cleaning cloth before laying the token gently into a display case alongside other similar coin shapes.
“Good well I have a new task for you, I want you to journey to a new regional league for me, I want you to test the gyms, elite four and Champion. If they can provide you with a challenge then it may actually be worth my time to take the Pyramid on another journey" replied the frontier master ignoring Jakes rudeness
"Oh and in the unlikely event that you do beat the champion, I'll let you run your own facility in whatever region you wish"
"New region Huh? Let me guess Alola?" Replied Jake intrigued by the older mans offer
"Wrong but I don't have all night Jake. Ever heard of the Dandur region it's just west of Alola, an old friend just opened the league and he asked me to find someone to challenge it"
Continued Brandon in his usual superior tone
"Deal, but when I beat the league you have to acknowledge me as your equal, and as your son, dad!" smirked Jake knowing this was his only chance to step out of his fathers shadow
"Fine, whatever floats your boat, but don't call me again until you beat the league" snapped Brandon as he ended the video call.

"Well that went well" chirped Alex as she entered the twos shared apartment followed by her shiny sylveon Navi, both carrying takeout Mexican bags
Alex then preceded to take off her nurse cap and wig, allowing her now unbundled black hair to fall down over her shoulders
Jake glanced down at the time on his computer, 8:30.
"Oh crap sorry Alex, I totally lost track of time" apologized Jake as he rose to greet his girlfriend
"I guessed this would happen, that why I called ahead and ordered." Replied Alex as she dipped her hand into one of the bags and grabbed a handful of tortilla chips and stuffed them into her mouth before offering the bag to Jake "so how was your dad, grumpy as ever I imagine?" Asked Alex her mouth full of food, half of which would have ended up on the floor had Navi not been waiting at her trainers feet ready to eat anything that fell within three feet of her gaping mouth
"About as Grumpy and unfatherlike as always, though for about three whole seconds he stopped frowning" replied Jake seeming slightly depressed about it all "in other news he wants me to try out this new region west of Alola"
"Alola? As in the tropical paradise I've been begging you to take me to for the past year"
"Yeah, no I'm going to some region called Dandur" replied Jake
"Close enough, how bout this you go beat this Dander region while Navi and I have some time in Alola?" Continued Alex ignoring jakes statement
"Seems fair and it's Dandur with a U not Dander with an E" replied Jake as he started to chow down on a soft taco
"Same difference, it's settled then we'll leave next week"
"Deal" by this point food just about cascading from Jakes mouth and into the mouth of Navi who just about became a flareon as she ran around the apartment flailing her ribbons frantically searching for something to cool her mouth down
"Navi how many times have we told you don't eat any of Jakes food" laughed the two trainers in unison

---1 week later---

"Here we are guys, Sun-Spring town, the first step in our Dandur Adventure"

"So guys, have any suggestions for where we are going?" Her team was mostly quiet, save a whine and electrified purr. Changing goals had unsettled them and made them uncertain of the future. "I guess not. I'll bet we can get a map somewhere of little known regions or islands. Meowstic, can you get that for me?"

The orders gave a sense of familiarity as the psychic cat teleported away to perform her job. Crest had also helped, but it was Majora who found the map first. Needless to say, the Blaziken was mad about that, but it couldn't be helped. To pacify Crest, the team had chosen the place he wanted to explore, although it took time to get ready.

In a few days, enough food and supplies were purchased for the whole team. They set off the Kalos shoreline and soon after arrived at Dandur thanks to Mach's excellent swimming skills. "Alright everyone, we're finally here!" Marina cheered and sent out her pokemon more suited to walking, then returned Mach.

"The Dandur Region?" Ray exclaimed.
"Yes. I think it might be a good idea to challenge the leauge down there,' Ray's father said. "I already bought your plane ticket." he reached into his pocket to pull out a crumpled ticket.
Ray shook his head. "Dad, I don't need that. I'll go tomorrow, but remember. I'm a Sky Trainer. I'll just ride on Axel's back." Ray gave a laugh.

The next morning, Ray was on his Noivern's back, heading toward the Dandur region. After a while fo flight, he came upon Sun Spring Town. "My first stop," he said lowering himself towards the ground.

Max walked through the shallow water of one of Sun Spring's beach, his clothes soaked with sea water. Locke followed close behind him, shaking of the salty water now that was on dry land. It had become tradition for Max to ride Locke to a new region the second it was in sight from the boat that brought him their. Max got a few looks from the beach goers as he walked passed, drying himself off the best he could with his towel before slinging it over his shoulder. "So this is the Dandur region..." Max said noticing a noivern fly overhead and a trainer with what looked like her entire team out, "Looks fun, right Locke?" "Gator!" Locke said with a nod.

Last edited:
Percy was resting on a tree branch when his phone rang.

"Pain? Pain are you there?" Said the voice of a female after Percy answered, "Nope, Percy here, what's up Vanilla?" Percy asked, "I still don't get why you insist on you two being two separate people... anyway there is a new region I need him to check, Boss's orders" she said before continuing "ill send a jet with coordinates over, return to base once done" and then hung up.
Percy sighed as he got down from the tree, "you just had to join an evil team didn't you..." he said to himself as he waited for a jet plane

(--- 45 minutes later at Dandur ---)
Percy got off the jet and entered Sun Spring town, "the Dandur region huh? This will be interesting" Percy said as he walked around, Medusa following, "wonder how many people here have seen a Drakeon before" he chuckled as he realised his pokemon companion would attract some attention.

Jake smiled noticing the arrival of other trainers around his age
"Amateurs"
Jake continued through the town noticing a pair of trainers dripping wet and one with a newly discovered dragon type eeveelution. It seemed that the further into the town Jake got the more requently he would have to reject offers for bootleg t-shirts and shoes, before arriving at the tourist bereau taking a ticket and joining the queue. After what seemed like an eternity of waiting Jake's number was called
"111!"
"Yep that's me" replied Jake "hi I'd like to challenge the Regional league"
"Leagues not open yet, NEXT!" Answered the short stout woman behind the counter
"Yes, I understand that but I have been granted early access" replied Jake handing the woman a pile of permits, ledgers and forms
"Seems right, ship to Geogian city leaves in the morning, here's your badge case, here's a map the required gym order is printed inside. oh and as a side note sea floor maintaince is currently being performed between the main islands so we ask that all trainers and residents use the provided ships and ferries and avoid surfing between major islands." Replied the woman seemingly shocked at first before reverting to her original tone toward the end
"Thank you, I'll keep it in mind"

--- 15 minutes later ---

"Judging by the map and the gym leader bios Brandon sent me the first gym is ground type so Genji, Nightwing you two will be my leads with Scar as my backline, clear?" Jake was answered by a collection of cries and a gentle throbbing of the special pokeball hidden in his belt buckle "good, now come on while we're here might as well go check out the city before nightfall" smile Jake pleased with his Pokémon's responses

Knox held on to the guard rail of the ship he was on firmly as he approached Dandur, a green blob in the distance at this point. It certainly didn't look particularly impressive from here but as he left Unova he had thought a similar thing so who was he to judge? The gentle sea breeze was pleasant against the boys face and as he leaned into it his scarf began to flutter along behind him.
"You ready for this buddy?" He asked, turning around to face his Hydreigon, Sirius. He got an eager screech in reply, the dragon Pokémon was clearly as ready for this change of pace as he was. After beating your mentor you tend to have to go pretty far to find a worthy challenge after all.

A short while later...

The sound of footsteps on wooden planks signalled Knox's arrival as he hoped off the ship he had taken from Castilia city and made his way down the pier towards the town he could see just a short way off. He briefly glanced back to wave at the captain of the boat but he had remembered to do so too late, he had walked much too far down the pier and the man had already gone back inside of his vehicle. Knox cursed himself. He really had to stop doing things like that. Just last week he had forgotten to say hello to his sister after returning home from a week long trip, too lost in thought to realise she was even there.

Arriving at the town he could see plenty of other trainers who were presumably here for the same thing he was. A challenge. Plenty of them were talking to their teams or partner Pokémon but Knox knew that Sirius didn't mind the fact that his trainer wasn't all that chatty. Over the years they had learnt to communicate without words, just subtle movements or looks and they would know exactly what the other was thinking. With this in mind Knox glanced back to see how his partner was taking in this new environment. All three of Sirius' heads were looking around, absorbing every detail of the town around them as well as its inhabitants. They caught each others eye for a second. Knox sighed.
"Okay, okay we can get some food in a minute you greedy git." he chuckled softly, patting Sirius' main head fondly. The hydra esque Pokémon was always hungry, its stomach was pretty much a bottomless pit. After a short search and a polite exchange of some cash the pair sat on a bench eating some ice cream. Although in Sirius' case it was more devouring than eating.

After their cold treat was finished Knox decided that perhaps it was time they actually got to the real reason they had set foot in Sun spring town. More specifically it was time to make good use of having a champion for a mentor and using their influence to your own gain. That brought the faintest hint of a smile to the boys face. Having friends in high places really was a blessing.

As the two made there way through town Knox noticed an abundance of other trainers arriving, one came from the sea with a Feraligatr in tow, another descended from the clouds upon a Noivern. There was even some lad with a Drakeon, a Pokémon which brought back fond memories of Knox's late cousin, Flint, who had owned one. Actually there were rather a lot of dragon types around here, Sirius included of course. The thought made the boy somewhat disappointed. Dragons were no challenge for him, he had been fighting them his entire life after all, he knew each ones weaknesses and how to exploit them after hours of theory classes with Drayden. If he was honest it was Pokémon like this that bored him, anybody could use a Gyrados or a Metagross, but it took somebody really special to pull off a victory with some more quirky monsters on their team.

Soon enough the pair arrived at the Tourists bureau. A simple phone call to Unova was all it took for the lady behind the counter to shake off her rude demeanour and to have the colour drain from her face.
"Thanks, you have a nice day now." Knox said with a rather forced smile as he took the equipment she handed him. Badge case, town map, standard stuff.

After leaving the building Knox stood there looking lost, it had only just struck him that he had no idea where he was staying the night. Maybe somebody would help him....

"I have it in here somewhere..." Max said, digging thought his bag as the woman behind the desk gave him an impatient look. "As I said, the league isn't open to the public yet. Next!" Max had received a letter from Kukui giving him early access to the league after a fierce battle. The woman looked like she wanted to just move this along, doubting the soaked trainer even knew Prof. Kukui. Max held up the letter in triumph, it still dry thanks to his water-proof bag. "Here you go miss, sorry for the wait" Max said with a nervous smile as he handed her the papers. She quickly read over the letter and glanced back at Max. "Here is your map, badge case...and watch were you swim, there's undersea construction. Next!" Max quickly grabbed the items and left the building and saw a trainer looking around confused, and decided it was as good as time as any to try and make a friend in this new region. "Aloha." Max said with a lazed look in his eye as Locke stared between the hydreigon's three heads.

Turned at the sound of a friendly voice, had that been an Alolan greeting he had just heard? Looks like his prayers had been answered.
"Hello there, I take it your here for the regional challenge as well? You certainly dont sound like a native after all." Knox commented, almost as if he was talking to himself rather than Max. After a couple more seconds of silence the young trainer added "Sorry, I should really introduce myself. I'm Knox, and you are..?" He asked with his best attempt at a sincere smile that was actually more of a tiny smirk.

Meanwhile Sirius had taken an interest in the new arrivals himself. He wasn't familiar with Feraligatr as a species, but after a quick examination with six eyes he picked out some commendable features. A powerful tail, strong limbs and a real nice set of jaws. The Hydreigon decided this guy was certainly worth a greeting.
"Hydreeeeigon." He hissed in a welcoming tone, as impossible as that may sound.

"Name's Max," Max said, smiling back in return, "And yeah I just got here from Alola, guess the greeting kinda stuck with me. This big guy is Locke." Max said, gesturing at the large feraligator that stood behind him. "And yeah, we're here to check out the regional challenge for a friend. I guess the same goes for you?"
Locke finished staring at the hydreigon, getting use to the new pokemon's appearance. "Gaator." Locke greeted back with a relaxed tone and a quick nod, able to see his strength and acknowledge it as an equal.

Ray walked through the town, walking past mulitple vendors offering to sell some kind of souvenirs. Ray was tempted, but decided to ignore them, and relax a bit. He sent out Arrow, who happily circled the sky. A women walked up to him.

"That looks like a well raised Pokemon," she said, gazing at Arrow.

"He's my partner. I've had him for a long time. I'm training to be a Sky Trainer."

"Are you taking the leauge challenge?"

"Yeah, but I'm a little early."

"Actually you're right on time. Here this is entry papers to start it tomorrow. I'm Lena the flying type gym leader." She said, handing him a stack of paper, and walked away. Ray stood there dumbfounded.

Last edited:
Jake noticed a couple trainers with the trade mark signs of league challengers and decided to go introduce himself to them
"Hi um sorry to interrupt but are you guys planning to challenge the new league? oh sorry didn't even introduce myself, I'm Jake and this Is Scar" said Jake as he reached the two trainers and gestured to his Lucario

"Yes, I'm Max and this big guys Locke. Aloha!" Max said, returning the greeting with a smile. He wasn't sure if it was the excitement of being in a new region, or the fact that he was still drying from his earlier dip but he was wide awake and ready to take on the world. Locke only stared at the off colored lucario, not sure what to make of it.

Knox was just about to reply before he was interrupted by the arrival of another newcomer. He couldn't complain, in a new environment the more friends the better after all. So he waited for Jake to introduce himself before extending a hand to each trainer and chiming in "And I'm Knox. A pleasure to meet you gentlemen."

Sirius' six fuchsia eyes narrowed at the sight of the approaching fighting type. For obvious reasons the hydra wasn't the biggest fan of that type, in fact it was Bruno of the Unova elite four who had been the biggest challenge he had ever overcome. The Hydreigon shuddered internally at the thought of having to face that particular Conkeldurr ever again. But Knox had told Sirius before they left that he had to be friendly when approaching every new trainer so he swallowed his feelings of distrust and gave the Hydreigon equivalent of a welcoming smile. With three mouths of course. So three times the welcoming.

Now that introductions were over there was something that was still bothering Knox and he knew it would continue to do so until he just asked. "Sooo....I didn't actually plan this trip all that well...anybody know of a good place to stay around here?"

Jake shook Knox's hand noticing the off looks Locke & Sirius were giving Lucario
"Its ok, he wont hurt you unless he senses your aura that you're about to attack us" chuckled Jake nodding at Scar that he could auralink with the two pokemon if they wished, Scar smiled and with a quick rise of his appendages a voice appeared in Sirius' and Locke minds
'Sorry about my trainer he gets a little tongue tied around now people, if this aura link is getting too weird I can cut it I just like to use it since jake has learnt to roughy understand my speech, better to intorduce myself away from his wellmeaning if misguided social attempts'

Max shook Knox's hand before giving some thought to where he was sleeping tonight. "I haven't really given it much thought actually. I've gotten so use to camping out that I forgot hotels were a thing." He said with a slight chuckle. He did a quick pan over the surrounding buildings to see if any were hotels, but he had no such luck. "Worst case scenario there's always the beach."
Locke looked down the lucario who stood at less than half his height as his thoughts projected into his mind, Odd trick. My trainer usual to tired to keep conversation. You seem strong enough so you have my attention...what can the dragon here this to. Can one of you hear me? Locke thought as his gaze shifted to the hydreigon.
"Seems like they're getting along." Max said to Jake after looking a the three pokemon looking back and forth between each other.

Knox nodded at Max's comment about the beach. He had certainly slept rougher than the beach, once he had decided to spend the night in a cave that he hadn't realised was already occupied. He was chased out at roughly 1am by a very upset Druddigon. Not the first time that had happened either, his father's Druddigon has a right temper on it.
"I'm sure theres always the Pokémon centre before we have to resort to that." He said with a soft smile, his hands rummaging around in his pocket in an absent minded manner.

Sirius recoiled as the voice of Scar entered his mind. It was an alien concept and the dragon type wasn't particularly fond of it. He listened to what was being said by the other two before growling "I'm not a big fan of this....but yes I can hear you both. Don't bother talking too my smaller heads by the way, they might as well be hands. I'm up here.". Even through the aura link it was if three voices were speaking at once whenever Sirius spoke.

Last edited:
Percy walked over to a lady behind a desk, "remind me to thank Vanila for the early pass from grimsly later" hw noted to himself mentally as he gave the pass to the lady, "here is your badge case and map" she said as she handed the items to Percy who took them with a smile.

Percy headed off and saw a few trainers nearby who seemed to carry said badge cases similar to the one he recieved, "lets go introduce ourselves Medusa" Percy said in a cheery tone and recieved a "Drake!" from the Drakeon as a reply, Percy walked over with his partner and said "hi there, you guys seem to be challengers too! im Perceus but call me Percy, and this is my partner Medusa" he said pointing to the Dragon eeveelution who was posing pridefully with a smug look on its face.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
"RAWRRR!" the dragon roared from outside the window in an attempt to wake up it's trainer but it was no good. The 14 year old was sound asleep in his bed and showed no signs of waking up. All of a sudden a blue aura surrounded the boy and he began floating towards his window. A pair of white paws opened the glass which allowed Jonathan to float right through. He was then dropped in the grass. The boy awoke with a shock at the feeling of hitting the ground. "Ow! What the heck you guys?!" he complained, looking around.

He was in his backyard a.k.a. a Pokemon ranch, his father's to be more specific. The Salamence, Gardevoir, and Beartic surrounded their trainer and helped him to his feet. In the distance, Aggron, Infernape, and Shiftry began to approach the boy as well. "Oh good morning you guys. You all just wanted to wake me up so we could get started on our adventure right?" he asked nicely. The Pokemon all shared a nod of agreement and Jonathan put on a smirk. "Alright then guys. This next region is going to be tough. It's nothing like the Sinnoh region was back home. This region is meant to be a challenge region meaning better trainers and Pokemon. Now all that being said I believe that we can win this whole thing so let's get moving!" he shouted, sticking his hand out in front of him. All 6 of the boy's Pokemon each placed their hands on top of one another before everyone threw their hands in the air while cheering loudly.

"Okay you guys wait here a moment while I go grab my things." he said while climbing back into his window. The boy changed into a pair of blue jeans and his Sinnoh League T-shirt. He grabbed his red headphones and placed them around his neck. He also grabbed his red visor and slipped on some black and white converse. He then yelled out to his family. "Mom, Dad, I'm heading to the Dandur region now! Wish me luck and watch me on TV when I get to the league!" he shouted.

Jonathan hopped back outside and smiled at all of his Pokemon. "Alright everyone, return!" he yelled as all of his Pokemon beamed back inside their Pokeballs. Jonathan grabbed his ferry ticket and began to walk towards the port.

----------- 10 Minutes Later -----------

Jonathan made it to the port with just little time to spare. He showed the lady his ticket and hopped on the marvelous water vehicle. He took around at all the people and Pokemon alike who were all making their way to Dandur to become the best. He knew it was a long road ahead of him but he was willing to try with everything he had. A blue light beamed from his pocket and out popped Jonathan's Infernape. "Oh hey buddy perfect timing. Just take a look around at all the strong trainers and Pokemon. Isn't it great?" the boy asked excitedly. Infernape grinned with confidence and pounded it's chest, "Infernape!" it shouted as the fire on it's head began to expand. Jonathan waved his arms rapidly, "Infernape calm down you'll burn the boat!" he yelled while laughing.

---------------- 20 Minutes Later --------------

"I can see it from here!" he pointed out as the land mass got closer and closer. It wasn't too long before the region could be seen. Infernape and Jonathan watched as the mass got closer and closer. An announcement came on, "Attention passengers we will be arriving at Sun Spring Port in 3 minutes so get ready!" the voice blasted. Jonathan gave Infernape a smile, "Let's go be the best." he said, sticking his fist out to the fire Pokemon. Infernape rammed his fist into Jonathan's and smirked before beaming into a red light and disappearing back into his trainer's pocket.

Jonathan got off the boat and began walking. He immediately spotted the tourist bureau and made a beeline for it. "Hello my name is Jonathan Ringer." he said politely. The lady at the desk simply gave him a smile. "Nice to meet you Mr. Ringer and what brings you here today?" she asked, getting a folder for the boy. "Well I'm going to become the champion of course." he said with confidence. The lady began laughing, "So much spirit from all these young trainers. Well Jonathan if you ever get rich and famous don't forget me alright?" she said jokingly. "Take these. You'll need them." she said, handing Jonathan his Pokedex, region map, and badge case. "Thanks a bunch." Jonathan responded.

The boy opened his backpack, placing the badge case in the main compartment and his Pokedex in the netted side pocket. He unfolded the map and looked around for the first route. "Ah so I go this way." the boy said, walking towards the start point for his adventure in the Dandur region.

Last edited:
Jake smiled as Percy and Medusa approached them
"Percy? Percy Emperan Right?"
Questioned the trainer as Scar added Medusa to the growing Auralink
'A Drakeon, I'd heard of you guys never seen one though' stated Scar
"I'm Jake, and this is Scar" gesturing toward his monochrome Pokémon

Percy didnt question how Jake new him, he didnt care for anything on this trip other than getting what he needs and have fun doing so, "yup, thats me" he said with a friendly smile

Medusa looked at scar, 'well consider it an honor to meet and speak with a pokemon of an elegant species like mine' she thought as she wagged her tail glad to see that she was heard about

"Well aloha Percy, name Max and this is Locke." Max said extenting his hand for a hand shake, "And your right, we are challenging this region. What type of pokemon is that?" Max asked, never seeing a drakeon before.
Someone thinks a bit highly of themself. What are you anyway, I've never heard of these 'drakeon'. You look like some sorta dragon type but beyond that your mug's a bit of a puzzle. Locke thought looking at the new pokemon add to the link.

"Drakeon, the newly discovered Dragon type Eeveelution" Percy said as he shook Max's hand, "nice to meet you Max, and you too Locke" he added.
'im the Dragon type evolution of Eevee' Medusa answered Locke before adding 'and all dragon types think high of themselves, its in our nature'.

Knox kept quiet during the exchange, he hadn't expected to draw in such a crowd. But more the merrier and all that. And at the very least he got to see what kind of people he would be competing with here in Dandur. So far everybody seemed pleasant enough but he knew appearances could be deceptive, each one of these guys must be a powerful trainer to have arrived here.

Sirius was not impressed by the addition of the small draconic Pokémon to their little group. He encountered Drakeon before during his time with Unova's dragon masters. Damn things were always a little too big for their own boots. And making accusations like that about all dragons, the nerve of it all."You know Locke you look more like a dragon type than this lil fella." Sirius chortled, his altitude bobbing as he laughed. "Don't listen to her, we aren't all that arrogant, in Unova we were taught to respect other Pokémon." The Hydreigon added in a more serious tone, his six pairs of eyes zeroing in on the new arrival to give it a disapproving look.

Locke chuckled at the retort of Sirius, Me a dragon, there's a thought. I do got the size and scales. Locke looked down at the drakeon, not seeing anything worth comment to the drakeon. Locke had a bad habit of judging other pokemon based on there strength, which isn't the easiest thing to determine at first glance.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Jonathan decided to walk around and take a look at the town. It looked like it has very nice beaches considering the one he saw when he arrived. "This place is so nice. It's a lot more sunny here than it is back in Sinnoh." said the boy, wishing he had brought along a pair of sunglasses. He approached a nice beach and began running towards it. "Oh wow it's so nice out there!" he exclaimed, looking out across the sandy shores and the beautiful water. He then spotted a group of people standing down there and decided to go join them. "Those guys look like they have some strong Pokemon." he said. The boy then began to run down the hill to the beach, "Come on Infernape."

Jonathan walked up to the group of guys and waved, "Hey you guys my name is Jonathan and this is my partner Infernape." he said with a smile.

Scar chuckled as he flashed images of poison and fairy type attacks in the head of Medusa
'Oh sorry, didn't mean to startle you' said Scar obviously faking sincerity

Jake noticed the strange look Percy was giving him
"I'm good friends with Caitlin, she and I used to hang out a lot when my dad was helping to create the Sinnoh frontier, she helped run the battle castle for a while until she became one of the elite four, So have you guys decided if you're going to venture alone or as a group yet? Me personally I'd I'm happy either way"

"Working as a group has its advantages." Knox nodded, tucking his head into his scarf do that it covered his mouth, an old habit of his. He then gave Johnathan a wave in greeting, not wanting to seem too antisocial. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed an exchange of sorts going on between the assembled Pokémon and it warmed his heart to think that Sirius might actually be making friends. And with a fighting type in the mix as well! That Hydreigon had come far from the angry little Deino he had raised.

"A group sounds interesting, I haven't give it much thought. Anyone up for a journey?" Max said as he turned towards Locke, happy to see him making friends with other pokemon. He new that Locke had a hard time 'playing nice' with other pokemon, and figured a group might break his pokemon out of there shells.

Medusa flinched at the images and glared at scar for a bit before turning to Sirius and saying 'well i wasnt raised around that many dragons but i do know 6 other dragons that belong to my trainer's friend and they are all even more arrogant than me, 8 if we count the separate heads of a hydreigon'.

percy frowned for a moment, "im willing to go for group adventure but only if you guys have a very high tolerance.... to mean people..... to put it nicely...." he said a bit shaky and in a weak voice.....

Sirius rolled his many eyes as the Drakeon and let out a tired sigh. "I dont know how many times I've had to explain that Hydreigons such as myself are only a single Pokémon but each time I hope its my last." He grumbled, his six black wings fluttering in an agitated manner.

It was at this point that Knox noticed that his partner was getting flustered and called him over with a slight jerk of the head. The dragon type happily obliged, eager to escape the source of its irritation. Standing there with Sirius' multiple heads winding and waving around him Knox decided to give in and question what Percy had so cryptically said. He had never been one for riddles.
"Mean people? What is that supposed to mean?" He queered from behind his scarf, fuchsia eyes narrowing in suspicion.

"Tolerance of mean people? Too easy, if I haven't already told you my father is Brandon of the Hoenn Battle Frontier, and let's just say he isn't the most supportive or kind parent. Refused to a knowledge my existence until I won a league or two" said Jake trying to break the aura of awkwardness and silence that had fallen over the conversation

"well im what my friends call "one side of a coin"...." Percy began, "i have this other side of me that comes to control at times... he goes by a different name and acts different than i do...... this other personality of mine is short tempered, heartless and has a superiority complex, we share a body but he is far from anything like me...." he said while shaking a bit

Medusa noticed her Trianer's behavior and walked over, she placed a paw on his leg to get his attention

Percy noticed this and petted her on the head with a smile, he then said "im willing to go with a group but as long as you can tolerate him, i dont want you all to hate me for something he has said or done"

"So you count as two members instead of one, I don't see it as that big of a deal. I mean we all got quirks, I sleep anywhere and everywhere." Max said since everyone seemed like sharing, "I'm not yo picky about who I'm grouped with, do you Locke?" Locke simply walked back over to Max and shrugged.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Jonathan listened to everyone talk and couldn't decide if he felt bad for not contributing much to the conversation or if he was just nervous about meeting everyone. His Infernape gave him a little punch in the shoulder and the boy snapped out of thought. "Oh, sorry Infernape." he said quietly. The boy then decided to take part in the decision. "Well if I'm included in this then I'd like to travel in a group with you guys." he said with a smile. Infernape then smirked and banged it's fists together as if to signal agreement with it's trainer.

"Sounds like it's settled, traveling as a group it is" laughed Jake "now onto more important matters where do you guys want to set up camp, cause all the hotels are full" murmured Jake as he scrolled through page three of three on of the local hotel vacancy lists

"Any woods near by? We could always just set up a little base camp with some tents if everybody has one." Knox suggested with a shrug of his shoulders. He was able to sleep in almost any condition so to him it didn't really matter where they decided to settle down for the night, he would snooze like a Snorlax. Once he had taken a nap in the desert resort only to awake and discover he was up to his neck in sand. That had actually been how he met Dogu, his Claydol. Whilst Sirius was trying to help excavate him using dragon pulse he disturbed the comatose behemoth and it rose from the ground and attacked them. Of course these days Dogu was as docile as a kitten.

"Um, yeah there's some woods just a little way from here, hand on just a second. Nightwing go find us a nice clearing, Orisa follow him and chop us up some wood for a fire" said Jake as he released his Crobat and Garchomp to go find a suitable camping spot

Knox watched the two Pokémon hurry off with a look of vague interest on his face. Garchomp huh? That species had always been a favourite of Drayden's and so had been quite a common site around Opelucid city because of this. He looked forward to facing one in battle once more. "Shall we get a move on?" He asked as began to trail Jake's Pokémon.