• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Adventures in the Avator Region

it depends. you were chosen by your reactions, not from ability. The Avatar has powers, but I would say Air Nomads are more likely to have Bending powers. Then Water then Earth/Fire at the same level. I would also say if you are a Bender you would probably be treated like royalty in both Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom. In a Water Tribe, it depends on where you live, and Air is the most likely because THEY LIVE ON A MOUNTAIN AND IF YOU FALL YOU DIE!

Verrry interested....

Now, before I make a bio, I have a small question. You say there are no outcasts, but can there be an "outcast" within a particular element? Like, in the Fire Nation, if someone isn't wanting to be a part of the nation and is deathly afraid of fire, would they be considered an outcast then, but they still have to live and work within the nation? Can there be an insane person that's in a healing center trying to get over their mental illness, but they are considered an outcast because everyone they meet or talk to get put off by their behavior?

And I know rogues are very similar, people that used to belong to an element, but they have taken to traveling and finding themselves first before they commit to an element of their choosing.

Sorry it took me a while to find this, but I was helping with yard work (TREEES)
That is totally fine. When I say there are no outcasts that mean that you must have an element that you belong to. There is no Outcast alignment, but there are 'outcasts' within each Kingdom/Nation/Tribe. A good example would be the Nomads of Air, they belong under the Air Monks element, but aren't Air Monks.
You also must remember that some people can still bend (but is very rare unless you are an air monk, but you must follow all of the philosophies otherwise you become a Nomad of Air) Also remember you have been taught how to live your whole life. (Please use the name guide that I gave everyone, it bugs me a lot to have names like Emily, Alice, Bob, Tom in a Avatar setting)

Name: Chhaya "Aya" Tenpini (Chhaya means Shadow in Sanskrit; Tenpi- means sun; -ni means red. Basically Shadow of the Red Sun. I used the site you suggested).
Nation: Fire Nation - Mainly a Dark- and Electric-Type user
Starter: Audino(?) or Houndour... I don't know...
Appearance: She has short black hair, blue eyes, and pale skin, which is strange considering her birthplace. Although, the pale skin could be attributed to being indoors most of the time, as the sun hurts her sensitive eyes. She is 5'00" (152.4 cm) and weighs about 125 lbs (56.7 kg), a healthy weight for her stature. She is quite skinny and doesn't look too strong. Surprisingly, she has lean muscles that give her the strength she needs. She usually wears her casual Fire Nation clothes, unless there's a meeting, where she will wear her formal Fire Nation clothes.

Her casual includes a red long-sleeved turtle neck and red long jeans that flare out at the bottom, black combat boots, and black fingerless gloves. Her formal has her red tunic with the yellow embroidered chest cloth that is red on the chest and black near the neck. There are also yellow laces at her neck. She wears black sweats(?) with red boots and a red waist cloth(?).... Just look it up, and if you know what the female casual and formal wear are, then good. xD
Personality/History: She has a generally sweet demeanor and is trustworthy and loyal to her really small group of friends (making more friends is difficult). She doesn't have a mean bone in her body. She also tends to have psychotic breakdowns when she's stressed. She found this out when she was in class and one of her classmates tried to bully her when the teacher left for a brief moment. It was then that she broke and almost severely hurt him when the teacher came in to stop the fight with her Infernape. Chhaya was questioned about what happened and she denied knowing what she did wrong and was honestly confused. She couldn't remember what happened. All she remembered was the boy was teasing her about not having a father figure at the house and her vision went black. They couldn't determine what was wrong until she was told to do a written, timed test. During the test, she got so stressed, she ripped her test papers and walked out of the classroom with her things, but she still had no memory of what happened. The officials came in and did stress tests, where she snapped at every single test, but came to moments after the stressor was gone, only to ask what happened and that she was terrified and didn't know why she was waking up in different locations. They deemed her unfit to be with society until her mental illness can be identified and cured, or at least coped with. She was sent to a mental hospital somewhere in the Fire Nation where they tried all that they could to strengthen her mind from her psychotic breakdowns.

It's been 14 years since this incident, and she has gotten better. Of course, things that cause her stress to spike include making friends, battling others via Pokemon, having to deal with an argument, people not believing her, and being alone. It doesn't help that she can get kind of rash and irrational when around others she's not comfortable with, usually not making any sense. If she is under these stressors for too long, she will break. Of course, the doctor at the mental hospital thinks she can still be a contributing part of society, she just has to fight her fears, grow her comfort zone, and she won't have too many issues with her mind. The Audino that was tasked to take care of her agreed to follow her around and help her if anything was wrong, lending her service until she gets her own Pokemon.
Other: "MY CABBAGES!"