• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Adventures in Kanto RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clementine awoke in the Viridian City PokéCenter. She groaned, and groggily stood up to stretch a bit before the day started. It was around 5:30 AM, and it was still dark out. Walking out of her room, she went to check out of the PokéCenter and was glad there wasn’t too big of a line (only about three people checking out.)

She sat down on one of the couches to skim through a tabloid before her name was called. A few minutes pass, and she checked out, saying her goodbyes to the nurse working there, and left the building to the crisp, morning air. A layer of mist surrounded the city, giving it an eerie feel, but there were still people waking up, maybe going to work, challenging somebody, etcetera. Clementine stood there, playing with her hair, knowing that her Pokémon were probably also sleeping. Just great.

Last edited by a moderator:
James Argentston and his sister Emma had checked out of the Viridian City City Pokemon center after visiting a Family friend, they walked out the door and found a black haired, green eyed girl.

"Hi, I'm Emma, and this is my brother James." Emma called out to the girl, pointing at the platinum blonde next to her.

"H-h-hi!" James was nervous, "I-I'm James."

James was entranced by the girl, his sudden nervousness was out of the ordinary, he felt butterflies in his stomach. James tried to shake it off, but it wouldn't go away. Emma immediately went to call her father, the Champion Firey.

----------

Darius had defeated the third trainer since four thirty, and Rhyperior had Just swept the kid's team. He then took a breath of fresh air from the top of the mountain his gym sat on. He then got another challenger so, he headed back inside.

------

Firey Argentston was dealing with criminals, very minor ones off the coast of Cinnibar Island. He had them caught and handed over to the nearest Officer Jenny when he got a phone call.

"Hello, dad?" A young girl's voice asked.

"Hey little one, what's going on?"

"Something's wrong with James, he's seems nervous all over, and can't seem to stop looking at a girl that was standing in front of us."

"I'll talk to James later, got to go now."

Firey hung up the phone and immediately hopped on his Salamence, flying towards home.

Clementine glanced over at the pair, and gave them a wave. “Oh, hello. I’m Clementine. Clementine Vance,” She said to James, as the girl was on the phone. Clementine extended her hand to shake his, scratching the back of her neck. “You’re a trainer, right?” She asked, and was immediately aware that it was probably a stupid question as most people their age were on some sort of journey with their Pokémon.

"Yes, we are, Emma just called our father, since she's still on the younger end, to let him know something, have no idea what." James got out before the nervousness hit again.

Emma.had gotten off the phone right before Clementine introduced herself.

"I am one too, we came from Hoenn, our dad works here, so after Hoenn, we came here." Emma explained, "Sorry about that, had to let our dad know we're leaving Viridian City, so our mom doesn't get scared about me."

James then piped up in a sudden burst of courage and confidence, "I was wondering if we could travel with you?"

Clementine was a bit taken aback by the sudden request. “I don't see why not, but didn’t you just meet me?” She asked, staring James straight in the eye, crossing her arms. The sky was starting to lighten up and be painted shades of blue, a few clouds drifting by while the Flying Types cawing. More people were beginning to wake up and start their morning routines.

"Yes, but our intended traveling companions got stuck in Snowpoint," James explained, "Kanto's not a place we're used to, so we needed someone, and also, our father got a new job around here, have no idea what it is, but from what our mother said, it was an opportunity of a lifetime."

James was still nervous, he's normally confident when talking to people, but was having trouble.

--------

Firey Argentston had talked with the police and then headed toward the Indigo League, flying on his Salamence. When he landed, he hopped off the Pokemon and Returned her, walking into his chamber. He sat down and worked on some paperwork.

Clementine shrugged. “I don’t see why not. I wasn’t born in Kanto, but I know the place like the back of my hand. Who’s your dad, anyways? If he came here for the opportunity of a lifetime, then I’ve probably heard of him on the news or on the streets,” She said, leaning against a tree and crossing her arms.

"Firey Argentston." James revealed.

-----

Firey sneezed when he was mentioned, and his daughter had mentioned they were in Viridian, so he took a quick flight over there after he finished his paperwork. The first thing he saw was James, Emma and a girl.

"James, Emma?" Firey asked, "What brings you to Viridian City?"

Firey had been working since two in the morning, and running into your two youngest children in the nearest city was a bit of a surprise.

"We're traveling through Kanto." Emma answered.

Clementine held back a surprised gasp. “Really? Fiery Argentston? Isn’t that the-“ She was cut off by a deep voice, and turned around. ‘That’s probably him,’ She said in her mind, keeping her expression vacant. Clementine felt pretty intimidated by his presence, and didn’t really say anything. “Yeah, they asked me if we wanted to travel a bit together, so I agreed,” she said after the young girl spoke, keeping her tone cool and even.

"James, I just got a phone call from Jason at two this morning telling me he's in Johto, you're here, and Laura's in Sinnoh, where are Rosalie and Melinda?" Firey responded to James then turned to Clementine, "Firey Argentston, Champion of Kanto."

"Rosie and Melinda are stuck in Snowpoint, Sinnoh, and they're meeting with Laura's group, and then attempting to get to Kanto again." James explained, "Emma tagged along, and We've been Training when we've had the time."

Firey kept an eye on his two children and then opened a pokeball, containing a reddish Ogre Scorpion Pokemon. James gulped at the sight of his father's opening Pokemon.

"Are any of you up for a 3 vs 1, each of you would use one Pokemon to defeat one of mine." Firey turned to the three.

"Sure," James responded.

"Alright!" Emma exclaimed.

Clementine hesitated a bit, but agreed. “I’m down. There’s a vacant battlefield right there,” She said, not knowing entirely sure if he was serious but heading over there anyways. Since this was a Fire-type Pokémon, she figured she’d use Emerald. There was a match-up advantage, but she knew that he would easily get taken down. Honestly, even with the obvious loss it would get him tons of experience, and maybe he’d learn a new move.

"Drapion, watch, I'll select my pokemon first, Lapras, You're up!" Firey called out.

"Let's show them, Grovyle!" James yelled.

The Transport Pokemon appeared in front of the Champion, with a loud roar, ready to utterly destroy his opponents. A medium sized green and red bipedal lizard with leaves on its head and arms appeared in front of James.

"Teddiursa, Ready for... oh, crap!" Emma yelled.

A small orange bear, with a yellow mouth, black eyes and a crescent Moon next to the right eye appeared in front of Emma.

"Drapion is still young, and is currently learning strategies, so we're up against one of Dad's more experienced Pokemon." James responded, "Also, Drapion is Poison and Dark."

James steeled himself for the toughest fight of his life, normally Lapras wasn't a major problem, but without Jason's Aerodactyl to keep his ice moves in check, or Laura's Gyarados to keep his water type moves in check, or a strong steel type to keep Outrage in check, this could be a nightmare of a team battle.

Clementine sighed, and decided that Emerald probably wasn’t the best fit for this battle. One of Lapras’s types was Ice. Since his Lapras was high-leveled, and Emerald’s types made him super weak to them, that would be a one-hit KO for sure.

She fiddled with her Pokémon belt, until she felt the engraved eye symbol that she had designed on Nicolette’s Pokéball. Psychic types did an okay job on a Lapras, which was at least what she wanted.

“Go, Nico!” Clementine materialized the aloof, shiny Meowstic out of her Pokéball, her two tails swishing from side to side in an annoyed manner, her icy gaze focused on the opposing Lapras.

"Be ready!" James called out to Clementine.

Emma waited for a movement from her father, when he spoke.

"I'll start off with a non attack move, Lapras Dragon Dance!" Firey yelled.

"Stop it with Close Combat!" Emma yelled.

Teddiursa went to strike the Lapras repeatedly.

"Assist Teddiursa with Leaf Blade!" James yelled.

The Wood Gecko Pokemon ran behind Lapras to slash at the Pokemon.

Grey hadn't been able to stop moving in the few short weeks in his return to Kanto. A trip to the Safari in Fuschia, a swim around the bay in Vermillion, a visit to his mother (and the slots) in Celadon. Everywhere he'd visited had been a whirlwind of energy, something that surprised even his mom.

Now, though, after a long trip through Mt. Moon - in which he'd traded a Pokemon Center visit for a trip to the museum - and then a long exposition through the Viridian Forest, Grey and Hitmonlee could feel the wear and tear.

They'd slept in a little this morning - 6am and the sun hung low as it creeped slowly into the empty morning sky. Together they agreed to bag their lengthy morning training routine for a jolt down to the PC for a fuller, better rest. They could train all afternoon and all night after that.

As the forest broken open, Grey could feel his adrenaline pump in a tiny blast, just to get him to the red-roofed building that reflected the powerful morning sun. He and Hitmonlee ran together as if Olympic marathon sprinters finishing the last leg of a race.

Arriving just in time to see a Lapras facing off against a Grovyle, a Teddiura and quite an interesting looking Meowstic indeed. Grey couldn't remember if he'd ever seen a shiny, and this proved to be as magnificent as he'd expected.

It took him a second to realize why the Lapras seemed so familiar. He'd been gone from Kanto a little while, and out of the news loop since his return. A gym leader? Elite four? This man had the pose of one.

The other three, however, seemed more akin to novices or amateurs. Not that they lacked talent or skill, but across from a man such as the Lapras's trainer - that sort of poise goes unmatched, Grey had noticed.

He slipped in to the Pokemon Center quietly, dropped his Pokemon off to the nurse - giving Hitmonlee a little head pat as his "stay safe" goodbye - and just and quietly slipped back out and off to the sidelines to watch the show, arms folded, watching in anticipation.

Before Clementine ordered a specific move from Nico, she noticed a few onlookers gathering at the sidelines. Nothing as big as a crowd of people, but simply just a few people from Viridian City, who were most likely off to do their morning routines, and a few trainers passing by.

As James’s Grovyle and Emma’s Teddiursa went to stop Lapras’s Dragon Dance, Clementine decided she didn’t want Nico going too close to a champion’s Pokémon as they were and settled on using more long-ranged moves. This also gave more reaction time.

“Alright, Nico, assist them even more with Psychic!” This was one of the only “long-ranged” moves that the golden Meowstic had, but it was a pretty good one. Nicolette’s ears opened, and she levitated a few inches above the ground as she lifted the Lapras. If she could grind a ten-ton truck into dust, she could lift a 485 pound Pokémon mainly used for transport.

Lapras suddenly felt lifted into the air right after His Dragon Dance was stopped. Firey needed a solution, and it presented itself in Lapras's scariest move.

"Good thinking, Clementine, but, Lapras, break free with Outrage!"

The Transport Pokemon was a lot larger than most of his species, weighing 877 pounds, and broke Nico's hold on him, slamming into Teddiursa, sending him flying across the battlefield, and the bear was still standing.

"Teddiursa, back up with Lick to calm him down." Emma called out.

"Grovyle, Mega Drain!" James yelled.

The bear sluggishly ran towards Lapras as Grovyle drained a little bit of its energy, before being sent flying back to James, landing on its feet.

Clementine felt the rush of the Outrage all the way from the other side of the battlefield. Thankfully Nico didn’t get the full blast of it, or else she would’ve been injured severely. This Lapras was definitely on the heavier side than the average.

Watching as the others sent their Pokémon out to get more hits in on the Lapras, she still didn’t want Nico to get in too close to a champion’s Pokémon as it would be a danger zone. “Use Shadow Ball to back them up!” She shouted to her Meowstic, who sprung into action.

Nicolette didn’t need to open her ears, as she wasn’t releasing any Psychic energy. She gathered a ball of Shadow-Type energy in her palms, bringing them back and aiming, before flinging it at him. All she needed was some chip damage and she would be fine.

"It's going again!" James yelled to Emma and Clementine as Grovyle got up and waited for his next command, as Teddiursa licked the Lapras, therefore getting sent barreling towards Nico by Lapras.

"Grovyle, Leaf Blade, Follow up with Giga Drain!" James ordered.

The Wood Gecko got another strike in on Lapras, and restored some of its energy before getting slammed into again, sending him flying back to James, in Firey's surprise, still standing, this time though, he was glowing green.

"Lapras, ready?" Firey asked his Pokemon, which gave a response, "Good, Ice Beam on Grovyle, rapid fire!"

Lapras fired Ice Beam after Ice Beam, the Shadow Ball sent his way collided with the first beam, but the second beam hit Grovyle head on, sending him flying back to James, knocked out.

"Looks like I'm out." James called out, "Clementine, Emma, handle this."

Clementine nodded towards James, her green eyes narrowed and her focus on the battle. When the Teddiursa got slammed and was being sent rapidly towards Nico. Lifting her ears once again, she slowed the impact so that they wouldn’t hit and both of them wouldn’t get hurt, and she carefully set the bear Pokémon down.

Clementine only wanted to use this move as a last resort since she didn’t want an awkward situation, but seeing as James’s Grovyle is down and Emma’s Teddiursa is nearly fainted, she gave a sigh. Looks like she could try to use it and get heavier damage in on the Lapras without any too much in return.

“Nico! Use Attract!” Nico opened her ears again to levitate herself, and made an adorable expression on her stern face, giving a wink to the Lapras in hopes to infatuate it, allowing Emma’s Teddiursa and Nicolette herself to weaken it.

he was walking around when he saw them battling, he wacthed them battle and his pikachu came out of his backpack to wacth aswell, "i wonder who would win" he said to himself and pikachu, pikachu was wacthing the battle ecxited beacause he has never fought other trainers, he was thinking to himself "i wonder if i can battle one of them if they want...".

Last edited by a moderator:
"Lapras, shake it off and use Hydro Pump!" Firey ordered.

Lapras was utterly annoyed, not infatuated, and proceeded to fire Hydro Pumps at Nico, as Emma gave her command.

"FURY SWIPES!"

The Teddiursa ran around the Lapras sluggishly and jumped in his face about to swipe when the Hydro Pump intended for Nico hit the bear head on, sending him flying past Nico and into Emma, knocked out.

"I'm out, Clementine, you got this!" Emma called out.

"Come on, Clementine, do this!" James called out.

"Lapras, Smart Strike!" Firey ordered.

"Clementine, watch out!" James yelled, knowing Smart Strike doesn't miss.

As much as Emma and James were cheering her on, Clementine knew she could never beat a Champion’s Pokémon. This, however, didn’t stop her from trying to do so.

Fiery told Lapras to use Smart Strike, and it was known that the move can’t miss. But it can be stopped.

“Nico! Use Protect!” Nicolette put a light blue barrier over herself, which made it that the move didn’t hit.

“Now, use Sucker Punch multiple times, with Psychic to help!” Nico, as soon as Clementine said, lifted herself in the air and sped towards the Lapras, going on to use the move multiple times. If the Lapras attacked, she could fly away with Psychic:

"Outrage." Firey called out, deadly serious.

The Lapras responded accordingly, and immediately went into an unstoppable rage. James and Emma were on the sidelines, with Drapion, making sure he didn't run off, since he was still a little young.

------

Darius had defeated a challenger who decided to use electric types, and was promptly sideswiped when Rhyperior used Rock Wrecker. The challenger was using an Emolga, and was proceeded to be one hit KO'd by the attack.

"Train that Emolga, hopefully it learns some flying type attacks..." Darius told the challenger when his phone went off.

"Sorry, come back when you think you're ready," Darius responded before he took the phone call.

As Nico was going in for a Sucker Punch, Fiery called putting an Outrage. Obviously she tried getting away, and she didn’t succeed and was hit twice as Outrage is supposed to.

This, unfortunately, knocked Nico out and she had to be returned. “Good fight,” She said, giving a casual shrug.

She turned to Emma and James, and also congratulated them on making it pretty far into the battle, even though beating a champion’s Pokémon at their level is really challenging.

As the battle drew to a close much of the crowd slowly dispersed, or stopped to gush to the champion about his skill. Grey chose to walk to the three who had just tried taking on the champion.

"Well fought you three," he said with a smile that was a bit fake, even if he didn't mean it, "you fought with passion and compassion alike. And it ain't easy keeping your cool against a guy like that, huh?"

He chuckled a bit, pointing his thumb off in the direction of Firey. Then he took that thumb and poked it into his chest, explaining,

"Sorry. I'm Grey. I just wanted to ask how you all found yourselves in a battle such as that?"

James and Emma were approached by the boy from the sidelines, as Drapion let out a low sound as a warning.

"It was no easy task, going up against the Champion, even with three of us, it was scary." James explained.

Firey returned Lapras for a job well done, and he then started explaining after he ran over to return Drapion.

"I'm James and Emma's Father, so naturally I challenged them and Clementine here, to test Teamwork, their pokemon's abilities, and the ability to think on their feet." Firey explained, "I don't expect them to win, even against Drapion, who is not as experienced..."

The Cross-transceiver on his wrist went off, he looked down and it said eleven missed calls from 'Ari'.

"She's going to kill me." Firey muttered.

"How many this time?" Emma asked.

"Eleven." Firey muttered.

Status
Not open for further replies.