• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open A Place, To Call Home...

Kiko
POKEMON: Shiny Buneary
TRAINER: None
ITEM: Affection Ribbon

Hi, Welcome to a new Pokemon role-play! It is placed in the Sphenix region (I made it up myself)
Feel free to join, add any character you like in however, if there are too many Pokemon role-play the limit will be decreased to 1 or 2 per person. Please do not; Spam, write unnecessary words, or copy other role-players Pokemon or names! Thank you and enjoy!

Kiko opened her eyes... she only faintly saw the moonlight glistening, every breath she couldn't move. Something was stopping her, she didn't know what. Could it be her lack of trust in trainers? After an incident including her previous trainer, she was treated horribly. They only reason her trainer wanted her, was for her to evolve... The last thing Kiko wanted was to please her trainer. All her trainer wanted was a lopunny, but not just any... a shiny. shiny lopunny was the last Pokemon that this trainer needed in order to have: EVERY POKEMON AND THEIR SHINY FORMS. But, unlucky for that trainer, there were only 3 shiny buneary and / or lopunny in the whole of Sphenix. Kiko wondered to herself," What would life be like if I h-had a kind trainer?" She hesitated a bit. Not sure of her life...

Name: Capala
Pokemon: Luxio
Trainer: None
Item: SP. Attack

Capala jolted awake. Another nightmare. She stood up, shaking, and thought it was best to leave her den for a small walk.
She often did this, as she often had nightmares. Nightmares about humans.
The last trainer Capala had was her first. She was excited to train and become friends. But all the trainer wanted was to get more powerful. Capala was pushed to the breaking point everyday, never once going to a pokecenter. Eventually, she was worked nearly to death. Her trainer picked her up, and started to head somewhere. Capala was glad. She could finally be healed. But instead of that, her trainer threw her into a river hoping she would drown. Capala swam for her life, and once she reached shore, she collapsed.
The Luxio growled in anger and discontent the whole time she walked. She would never have a trainer again.

Ace and his starter, Larvitar!

POKEMON: Larvitar

TRAINER: Ace

ITEM: none

It wasn’t Ace’s choice to leave the Johto region, but the desires of children pale in comparison to what parents have to do to pay the bills. Goldenrod City just had a tax hike and made it nearly unlivable for the single-income family. Ace’s father had the opportunity to start up a new gym in the Sphenix Region and jumped on it. He enrolled Ace in a local school district much to his son’s discontent. He knew he would miss all of his friends and was especially devastated by the prospect that they would not be there to celebrate his tenth birthday and start their Pokemon journeys together! To top it off, Ace had heard some terrible tales about the culture of Sphenix trainers; they casually abandoned their Pokemon and shiny ones were something of a status indicator. There was one trainer who had almost captured every single shiny native to Sphenix and he was doing very well for himself now.

Ace’s tenth birthday smacked him with its arrival before he was ready for it; he hadn’t quite had the time to assimilate into his new life before his father presented him his first Pokemon at dawn that fateful Saturday. It was a freshly hatched Larvitar! Ace’s father owned a gym in a museum and used dinosauric Pokemon, his most powerful one was an incredibly strong Tyranitar. Larvitar was that Pokemon’s son thus well-bred and already knew some strong moves like earthquake. Ace took him in his arms and went to pet the supposedly blunt horn atop the Pokemon’s head. Not only did he cut his thumb on it, but Larvitar leered at him, red eyes sparking with dissent. Ace dropped the rocky reptile on the ground and it stepped on his foot! His father tossed him a pokeball and his son had to try three times before finally getting Larvitar in there with the return function. Ace and his dad went outside and he called out his fully grown Tyranitar. He told it not to cause the sandstorm it usually does upon release and, in some fatherly foreshadowing, revealed that when he first caught Tyranitar at Mt. Silver, it didn’t obey him at all; now, they are brother-at-arms.

Ace’s father gave him 10 pokeballs and 1 quickball. It was time to go out on his own, he would have to figure out how to get Larvitar to obey better. More than that, his father would be astoundingly impressed if Ace was able to catch that shiny Pokemon that was rumored to be in the nearby area.

Capala scented human. They were nearby. She crept closer to them, and saw it was a boy. She growled. She hasn’t seen a human for a long time. But no doubt this one would try to catch her. Would he be abusive? Forget to feed her? Abandon her? Capala felt she had three options. Fight the human with his pokemon and scare him away, run away herself, or lay low.
She chose the last option. She crouched in the bush she was hiding in, eying the human bitterly.

Kiko saw the light of day come upon her. She squirmed her way on to her feet. And saw something odd... it was a Pokemon. She saw it crouching in a bush, staring at a trainer. She gulped and could only faintly see the tail of the Pokemon she assumed that it was a Pokemon. She thought to herself," I've never seen such a P-Pokemon like t-that!" Kiko, being the curious Buneary she was, decided to check what Pokemon it could be. She went up closer and the bushes stopped moving ever so slightly, until it turned around...

Ace thought he would have seen more Pokemon, quite frankly he was afraid he would be overwhelmed by all of them and have to go crying back home right away choking on embarrassment. Instead, he heard a faint grown and tried to investigate. To his horror, he only found one lone ekans. He had heard that the snake was poisonous but managed to gulp through the fear and threw a pokeball at it; unfortunately, he forgot about calling Larvitar at all! The pokeball bounced off of the ekans doing no more than infuriating the Pokemon. It glared at Ace and he succumbed to his terror, paralyzed in place. He managed to drop the pokeball containing Larvitar to the ground. "Earthquake!" Ace was able to say through his paralyzation. The disobedient newborn merely scoffed at the situation and returned to the pokeball on the ground. Ekans took no time to start wrapping around Ace's ankles. It wouldn't be long before the slithering creature would be able to pull off a venomous bite on the young boy...

Last edited:
Capala was still watching the boy when she scented a Pokémon nearby, two Pokémon. There was a tangy scent, an Ekans, and a sweet scent, a buneary.
She turned and saw the buneary. “ Get down, Kid!! There’s a human right there!! “ She hissed as she pulled the little Pokémon into cover.
She watched as the trainer tried to catch the Ekans and chuckled when he failed and the Larvitar refused to help.
She stopped when the Ekans turned its attention yet again to the boy and took his ankles prisoners.
Even though Capala hated humanity, this was only a boy, and didn’t deserve to be killed. She leapt out of the bushes and used
he devastating Thunder Fang on the Ekans.
“ Stay away, I will do more. “ She warned as she released her jaws.

Kiko felt a shiver coming down her spine...She was gripping on tight to her affection ribbon, worried for the poor child. Her paws turned into fists with anger...She had to do something. She pounced and pounded the ekans. However, the ekans slithered out of the way, therefore she plumaged to the ground, injuring herself. She despised ekans... She attacked it with her hidden power. Goodbye ekans.

Capala watched as the Buneary drove the Ekans away, but fell injured. She gently picked up the small Pokémon in her teeth and looked at the human, dismissing him with a flick of her tail. She jumped back into the bushes and plopped the Buneary down.
“ What were you thinking?! There was a human right there! And a poisonous Pokémon! You could have been killed!! “ She scolded.

Ace was flabbergasted. His own Pokemon wouldn't help him but two wild ones saved his life! They both looked kind of... uncared for, especially the half-drowned Luxio. The ekans released its grasp on the boy when it was bit by the thunder fang and could barely survive the onslaught of the Buneary (he had never seen one before so he did not realize it was shiny; of course, his father probably would). Ace threw a pokeball as the Ekans retreated in a last-ditch effort to catch something. It rocked back and forth six times before registering as a catch!

"Come now," Ace said to his recently populated pokeball. "You need to heal up if you're going to remain a strong and healthy Pokemon! Attacking me was just in your nature, Ekans, I don't blame you. Larvitar," he mentioned as he picked up his starter pokeball, "I just wish you would give me a chance." He motioned to where the other Pokemon fled, "Please, come back with me to Hickorygrave. There isn't any Pokecenter, but my dad is the gym leader there. He has a healing center and he can fix you guys right up."

With that, Ace headed back to his new home; it was up to the Luxio and the Buneary if they wanted to go with him.

Buneary was badly injured...She sighed as her eyes shut slowly. She had dreamt about if she'd not have interfered with the Ekans... Maybe things would be different. She opened her eyes and saw Capala scolding her for trying to attack ekans. "B-but, I just want to help. I've never battled before, I only levelled because of EXP.Share..." Kiko spoke softly. "My name is K-kiko, what is y-yours?"

Capala stopped scolding the Kiko and sighed. “ Knowing my name is hardly important, but fine. I’m Capala. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to follow that human and make sure he gets out safe. You can come if you want, but stay with me. We don’t want him to fight us. “ She explained.
She once again crouched in the bushes, and silently followed the human.

On his way back to Hickorygrave, Ace bent down to check on his ankles, tugging at the bottom of his black-jeans. They were scratched up but not too bad. Still, if his starter wasn't going to listen to him, he figured going back and healing ekans would give him at least a bit of a chance against the wilderness. He let himself be proud for a moment as he massaged his roughed-up ankles; even if it was a fluke, he caught his first Pokemon! As if to mock him, Larvitar's pokeball got too heavy and fell out of the pouch pocket from his green hoodie. Ironically, the garment was decorated with a white four-leaf clover and the word GOLDENROD was written beneath it. He didn't have the luck from the city he grew up in today.

Larvitar was released accidentally and took the opportunity to wreak some chaos in the local environment. First, he bit Ace's toe! Comically, the boy held his phalange and jumped up and down crying out in pain. The rocky Pokemon charged forward into a bush where he found a meek little wurmple. He chomped down, shook it up, painting the tips of the shrubbery around him with bug guts. He spit out the carcass and barged into another bush. He recognized the pokemon in there; they were the ones who saved his worthless trainer.

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't earthquake the two of you right now!" he exclaimed.

Capala watched with horror as the Larvitar from earlier killed a Wurmple without any warning, and then turned to threaten her and Kiko.
Capala growled in warning and unsheathed her electricity filled claws. “ If you lay a single disgusting finger on any of us, I’ll blast you into another universe. “ She hissed threateningly.

Kiko was right on Capala's tail. Kiko's walk was unsteady, as she tripped over a nearby stick and trampled over Capala. She turned around with the opposite of smile. (Kiko loved smiles. They made her feel warm and happy inside.) Kiko took a breath and apologised," I'm very sorry Miss.Capala I didn't k-know there was a stick there..." She stuttered her words like she'd committed a crime.

Capala didn’t budge at all when Kiko tumbled into her. She turned back to the frightened Buneary and her gaze softened, but just barely. “ It’s fine. But stay behind me, this punk’s trouble. “ She said, using her tail to gesture at the Larvitar.

The Larvitar laughed to himself as he was rock and ground type Pokemon; the electricity the Luxio produced didn't frighten him. "You look someone just tried to drown you," he gloated. "Hard to be intimidating when you and your friend are so hurt!" The Buneary looked older but inexperienced like it should have evolved by now; Larvitar relished the idea of reaching his stronger forms. "Now," he leaned back, outstretching his arms in a pose. "Take this!"

The powerful earthquake Larvitar was bred to have didn't quite have the power to level mountains as Tyranitars as strong as Ace's father's were said to possess. Still, it could very well do a tone of damage to an electric Pokemon and it was doubtful that the bunny had even seen a real battle against a predator.

Ace saw it all; the horror of his own starter tearing apart a Wurmple. Albeit, the boy admitted to himself, he had killed bugs before himself. Maybe it was just an immature thing people, and, he guessed, Pokemon do. It was time for the 10-year-old to become a real trainer. Larvitar had to respect him before he'd ever earn the same from anyone else. He snuck up on the larval dinosaur and picked it up by the waist just before it could pull off its signature earthquake.

Larvitar blushed as his strong attack was thwarted. He tried to run but his legs just kept stumbling through the air and got nowhere. Victoriously, Ace returned him to his pokeball before he could do any further damage.

The boy could tell that the Buneary and the Luxio were shaken up. Even though they helped him, they could still be afraid of humans; what if someone from Hickorygrave had hurt them?! Johto had a lot of laws against some of the behavior that trainers from Sphenix were alleged to exhibit.

Ace's mother had packed him a lunch and he took out the banana he asked for. After taking a bite of it himself, the kid split the rest of the fruit and threw each half to the two Pokemon that saved him from the ekans before.

Capala crouched down with her teeth bared, ready for the attack. But it never came. The Larvitar’s trainer sent it back into it’s pokeball. She sat back down and licked her paw. “ Silly Larvitar. “ She laughed to herself.
The Luxio watched cautiously as the human reached into his backpack and pulled out food. She stood up when he threw a piece of banana to her. She sniffed the piece of food carefully before gobbling it all up.

Kiko hesitated. She'd never eaten or seen this yellow looking moon considering she was hardly let out of her pokeball. She crept up slowly like this yellow moon could harm her. She sniffed it for a bit before taking a tiny bite, realising, it was delicious! After, the whole 'yellow moon' was in her stomach," That yellow moon sure was tasty!" she explained," It was very yummy, but it didn't taste like a moon would at all!"

Kiko's shy side was now turning into a Jolly and happy pokemon! A large grin spread upon Kiko's beloved face as she went to hug Capala but then...

Capala was enjoying the after taste of the fruit. She suddenly felt something warm and furry cling onto her. She panicked and rolled away. “ D-don’t touch me! “ She said.

Ace knew what his father would do; he held out two of the 8 pokeballs he had left in each hand. He was taught to throw them at his quarry like he had done to the ekans... Right now, that seemed a little harsh. These two creatures had plenty of quirks and may have gone through some tumult in this weird land of Sphenix. "Brute force was not always the best course of action," he remembered his father telling him once when they were hammering boards together to make a treehouse back at the outskirts of Goldenrod City. "Sometimes, all you need it a steady hand with precision, finesse, and care most importantly."

Ace placed both of the pokeballs on the ground gently and slowly approached the two, being extra careful with the Luxio as it had just been startled by its friend. He put out each hand toward the two Pokemon and tried to pet them...

Capala was calming down when all of the sudden the human boy reached his hand out towards her. Was he trying to hit her? She didn’t know, but she panicked again. She leapt up and darted to the other side of the path. But she didn’t want to leave, and she didn’t know why.

"Don't worry," Ace tried to make a cooing noise as he moved in closer toward the Luxio. "I won't hurt you. You look like you've never even been to a pokecenter before, but been through as many battles as a trained Pokemon! If you want to come with me, I can bring you back to Hickorygrave! That's my new home; I'm not from around here you know... If I had some friends to bring back I'm sure we could have a lot of adventures together!"

Capala fluffed out her fur making her look twice her size. The electricity that coarsed through her body made the fur stand out in spikes. A small growl escaped her throat. She wasn’t ready to have another trainer yet...

Kiko looked at Capala, her grin fell. Maybe another trainer might be good for herself? Kiko thought. But then again Kiko didn't trust humans all that much. She just wanted a peaceful and quiet home. Nothing too fancy, just somebody that loved her for who she was.

OOC: Introducing Henry and Bobby the bullies! Henry has a piplup and Bobby has a rattatta. (If you don’t want me to add anybody, let me know and I will delete this post. I thought adding in a couple of rivals for Ace would be a fun idea though and serve for some character-building for all of us)

BIC: The luxio got battle ready in an instant after she chomped up the banana, she clearly did not want a trainer to catch her; the bunneary seemed to look at her companion to make up her mind about what she wanted to do. Unfortunately, for Ace, they did not seem too fond of coming with him even if it probably was for their better good. They were both obviously hurt from previous battles and the wilderness was not a safe place by any means.

Speaking of unsafety, “Hey Bobby,” a boy just a bit older than Ace yelled toward his friend. He wore a black t-shirt with a smoky skull on it and red gym shorts, his attire definitely wasn’t appropriate for the nippy weather today. “I told you there was a shiny Pokemon here!”

“Yeah, Henry,” Bobby replied. He sported a much more preppy look with spiky blonde hair, a collared button-up flannel shirt and khakis. Both of these two boys had been held back a grade and had reputations for being bad eggs. Ace had been picked on by them at a few of the assemblies earlier before school officially began when he had just moved to Sphenix. “That outsider found it!”

“Good job loser,” Henry threw his teal-colored pokeball to the ground and summoned his starter, a piplup with a faded scar running down its right eye. “Thanks for finding that shiny for me, but the bunneary’s mine!” He tossed another pokeball, a standard empty one this time, it was meant to catch Kiko!

“No,” Ace yelled at him, jumping over the pokemon. The ball pelted him in the stomach with the force of an athlete. Through the pain he shouted, “These are my friends and I won’t let you hurt them!”

“Then it looks like we have a good-old’-fashioned battle on our hands!” Henry cheered, pointing at the bunneary and the luxio. “Piplup, bubblebeam those two weaklings!”

Capala growled deeply at the arrival of the other humans and unsheathed her claws when the Piplup was called out. “ Stay begins me, Kiko, or fight. But please don’t get hurt! “ Capala asked as she attacked the Piplup. She raced towards the Piplup as it sent out the bubble beam. She tried her best to dodge but was hit, but she refused to let it stop her. She clamped onto Piplup with a Thunder Fang, sending electricity throughout its body.

As the luxio held the piplup, its eyes lit up with electricity and the scar that was faded on its eye was reopened and a few drops of old coagulated blood trickled to the grass.
"You damn weakling!" Henry yelled at his pokemon as he called it back. "Bobby, take them all down a peg!"
"You got it boss!" the preppy kid summoned a rattata with a talisman piercing on its tail. "Use hyper fang!"
The mouse pokemon went full speed at the luxio, its mouth agape with fangs thirsting for blood...

Kiko stepped in using her hidden power on the rattata, it hit! Kiko felt horrible for the rattata but knew what was best. She snarled at Henry and Bobby. She used her charge beam on the rattata after. She felt a sudden sharp pain in her, it was the recoil. She fell to the ground, sobbing in her mind. But she was too weak to continue, since she was a low level *(Around level 6)*

Capala let the Piplup be called back. She lowered herself into a defensive stance to attack the Rattata, but Kiko did it for her. She was relieved to see Kiko was alright, but watched in horror as Kiko fell to the ground. She looked over to Kiko and lowered herself to her height. “ Kiko?? Are you okay? You fought great. “ She complimented. After what Kiko did, she deserved some praise.
She then turned her attention to the two humans that attacked her. “ Alright, if I see you two again, I’ll turn you into puddles. “ She knee they couldn’t understand her, but she hoped she got her message across anyways.

Henry and Bobby both glared at the luxio with eyes widened by their fear. They both ran home with their tails between their legs (metaphorically of course).

"That's right, run!" Ace shouted after them victoriously.

"You better not come to school on Monday!" Henry retorted.

"Yeah, you're dead meat the next time we see you!" Bobby concurred.

Ace turned his attention toward the two wild pokemon; they were both hurt, but the bunneary was in dire straits. Forgetting the two pokeballs he placed on the ground, the boy scooped up the shiny pokemon carefully and cradled her back and forth like she was a baby. He looked at the luxio and softly said, "Thank you."

With that, Ace darted back to the Honeygrave Gym where his father would be able to heal the hurt shiny bunneary...

Capala swayed her tail back and forth in amusement at the two humans fear, but stiffened it when they threatened the first boy. She watched as the boy picked up Kiko and said his father would heal him. “ Please do...” She said in poke-speak.
She watched as the human ran out of view, and then followed him. Capala didn’t know why, but she felt the need to protect both Kiko and the human boy.

Kiko was trying her best to keep her eyes open, "T-thank you, k-k-kind trainer..." Were the last things Kiko spoke before she was too weak to continue.

Ace watched with trepidation as the bunneary closed her eyes. She felt lighter than he anticipated and he thought the worst may have befallen her. The boy picked up the pace and made it back to Honeygrave.

The town wasn't even big enough to have a pokecenter, but the gym was right in the middle. It was an old museum that King, Ace's father, had refurbished himself. There were ten small houses encircling the gym and all of the roads were paved with cobblestone. It made for an old timey appeal.

OOC: Introducing King, Ace's father and the leader of the Honeygrave Gym! As an adult and veteran pokemon trainer, King has caught many pokemon throughout his journey but prefers to use dinosauric and prehistoric types of pokemon. His favorites are Tyranitar, Aerodactyl, and Tyrantrum, but he uses a few more in league battles.

BIC:

Ace barged into the gym and distracted his dad from a gym battle. They fought in the dark with spotlights shining at the fossilized arena; it was on the top of a giant tyrannosaurus-like skull! A challenger's durant managed to get an iron head attack off on his aerodctyl and King's pokemon fainted.

"Son, now's not the time!" he scolded as he called out his tyrantrum. "Firefang!" the dinosaur pokemon eclipsed the durant as it picked up the prey and ignited its jaw. The steel bug was immediately returned to its pokeball.

"Dad, this bunneary's hurt, please help it!" Ace beseeched.

"Okay, let me see it... Wait, you caught a shiny pokemon?!"

"Well..." Ace glanced at his feet. "I guess not."

"That's okay, now's the perfect time!" King hopped off the skull arena gracefully (it was a good ten feet high) and went over to a door marked employees only and bid his son to come in. He rummaged through a desk for a moment and found a pink pokeball that had a heart shape on it. "I was buddies with Kurt the Pokeball Smith back in Johto so I have a lot of different pokeballs, this one is a heal ball. If you catch that bunneary in it, she will be totally healed up and fighting fit!"

"Okay," Ace said as he gently tossed the heal ball at Kiko.

Capala loped after them all the way to the town. She entered the gym with extreme caution, she didn’t want anyone to catch her. She entered a room where the human and an older human were. She ran up to the boy holding Kiko and softly butted her head against his leg to alert him of her presence.

name : Aura
species: Riolu
trainer : None...yet
item : Power Band

Has Aura walked down the forest he saw trainers...it reminded him of his last trainer that wanted him to do bad stuff, the trainer's name was unknown but he had an outfit with a big R on it
the Trainer one day went to get a Luxray. Unfortenatly he chose Aura to battle with , he lost the battle ... Injured he wasnt able to move he's trainer then took an electric stick and started hitting Aura, he had escaped but was severly injured. he was able to get an oran berry from a bush and healed at this very day he said he wouldnt get caught again...

Aura was walking along and found himself against a trainer, Aura was about to battle a...Charmander!``again?! well i guess being very rare makes it people want to catch you but wow, didnt think that many trainers would want me...`` welp gotta do what you gotta do`` Aura surrounded his palm with aura and used force palm , the foe charmander had no chance ....

Kiko heard an explosion outside, perhaps it was a trainer battle. Kiko had jumped up, but it seemed no one noticed at all. That was strange... indeed. She crawled out of the gym slyly and came across a trainer battle, just as she thought! She saw a trainer alongside it's charmander. She turned her head right and saw a riolu about to attack. Kiko felt horror in her eyes as she watched the charmander get KO'd.

She ran back inside the gym."Hello? They is a hurt pokemon outside!" she wailed, but nobody could understand her. She muttered under her breath." I wish somebody would listen to me..."

Aura stood there surprised that his force palm made an explosion ``:-O damn , i might have gone a little too far this time.. or maybe im getting too strong but thats something i just did there..``
aura sat down and started wonder how its like to have a kind trainer ``..meh, its not like there are any kind people alive.. thats sad`` gotta get going`` aura went to town to get to the next forest hiding so that he would not be caught. ``oh look at that theres a so famous gym...and theres a buneary , a luxio oh wow its the larvitar that ate the wurmple i wonder why he is still here`` Aura went inside the gym without anyone noticing he makes a small noise (up to you guys if you heard me coming inside)

Last edited by a moderator: