• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

A New Life

((OoC: Anyone's free to join.))

"Well Dragonair's still cooler. She's shiny." Russel Grove's identical twin brother, Finn, said as Russel zipped up his sweatshirt. He was getting ready to leave.

"I don't care. Shiny Pokémon aren't that cool, anyways. And who do you think would win in a battle?" Russel replied, stroking Furret, who had settled into his pocket. Russel and Finn had both received Dratinis from a family friend for their 14th birthday. At first, Russel was extremely jealous that his brother had recieved a rare, shiny Pokémon while his Dratini was of average color. But, after a while, Russel developed a strong bond with his Pokémon and he began to train it. And now, at last, he something to rub in Finn's face. His Dragonair, for both brother's Pokémon had taken to their second evolution shortly after meeting their trainers, had evolved into its final stage of evolution. Dragonite.

Now Russel could go anywhere. On his Pokémon's back he planned to fly to other towns and take on their gyms. Maybe he'd participate in a few contests on the way, too. Maybe. "Why are you leaving?" Finn asked, his voice layered with sadness.

Russel sighed and turned to his brother. "I've planned this for a while now. I don't like it here, you know that. Pallet town is so... Uh. Generic. People think it's great 'cause of all the strong trainers that come from here but it's just..." his words trailed off once again. "I wanna see the world, not just Kanto, either. And I wanna catch more Pokémon--"

Finn cut him off. "You already have three Pokémon, that's a lot."

Russel sighed, he was tired of explaining this. "Furret's not technically mine..." It was true. Russel had met Furret back when he was just a Sentret. They had both taken a liking to each other but anytime Russel tried to capture the Pokémon in any kind of Pokéball it ran away. In a way, Furret was his Pokémon. He trained him, used him in battles sometimes... But, they were more like friends than partners. He always suspected Furret was afraid if he was captured he would lose his freedom. Whatever the reason, Furret didn't technically belong to him.

"Yeah, whatever. You still have more than I do."

That was true. Russel had Azumarill and Dragonite while Finn only had his Dragonair. "Eventually Dragonair will evolve and you can go out and catch more Pokémon. Maybe I'll see you sometime and we can battle."

Finn forced a smile. "Do you really have to go?"

Russel didn't answer. He wanted to leave now before his mom got home from work. He just wasn't sure how to say goodbye to her, or if she'd approve of him leaving. Naturally, he had left her a letter on her bed. He had even sent a copy to both her work E-mail and her personal E-mail adresses. "Goodbye, Finn." Russel said as he shut the door and stepped out into the cold, dark Pallet Town air.

"Dragonite," Russel said, shivering slightly as he expanded Dragonite's Pokéball and aimed it towards the ground. Once the white light had taken the form of his Dragon-type, the Pokémon looked to its trainer. It gave a tired growl-yawn and nudged up against Russel, nearly sending him to the ground. "Hey..." Russel said, smiling and petting Dragonite's head. He thought he heard a car in the distance, possibly his mother coming back from work, so he quickly mounted the Pokémon. "Hang on tight," He whispered to Furret, who was crouching as low as he was and nibbling on his hair. "it's a long way to Mount Moon."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Woah." Alex said, not paying any attention to her little sister Katrina, while staring up at her Charizard. They were outside the port a Pallette Town, and Alex had come to help her prepare for the Elite Four. She didn't have much else to do, this time of year.

"Yep. I've beaten all the gyms, too." Katrina said, flipping her light brown hair over her shoulder and straightening her pink dress.

"Wha? You've beaten all the gyms?" Alex smirked as she tightened her dark brown ponytail. "Come on, I was the one who told you which starter to pick. I coached you through all the gyms. Remember when you lost against Misty, like, twenty times?"

The eleven year-old was offended. "Hey, Wyvern is a fire type, it's not his fault!"

"Oh, yeah, and I was the one who suggested the name. You named your Diglett Diggy. How original." Alex retorted, dark brown eyes fiercely staring her little sister down. "I wasted six months helping you in Kanto, instead of rehearsing a routine for Poach's Beauty Contest. We lost. My wittle Empoleon was crushed. He usually wins. Why did Mom and Dad ever let you go to Kanto?"

"Who cares about your stupid Empoleon? I'm going to the Elite Four!" Katrina's grey eyes stared back equally hard.

"Ha!" Alex snorted, and laughed. "You'll probably be defeated like that by Lorelei!" Alex snapped, then crossed her arms over her black t-shirt with a red Staraptor outline. "A level 78 Charizard does not make up for a level 20 and under team!"

"So? You trained yours the same way!" Katrina spat back.

"Hey, at least I had other high level Pokemon to back me up at the Elite Four! I didn't use my traveling party! For once, use that Snorlax! It's pretty dang good!" Alex fought.

"What, use it, so you can take it from me so you can breed it? I already caught, like, ten Pokemon for your use! Remember Kitsune? I wasted five balls on her!"

Alex remembered her recently evolved Ninetales. "Dude, they aren't very common in Sinnoh! You gave it to me for a Christmas present! I gave you a Ponyta!

"Yeah, but it hates me!"

Alex groaned and did a *facepalm*. When they fought, they certainly went on, and on, and on!

OCC: I'm going to use a one time only characters. They'll only be used in this RPG. (There's two.)

"We have our new Champion!" The announcer yelled into the microphone, "Kansei Bokutachi of Pallet Town!"

A happy teenage girl bounced onto the stage, followed closely by her beloved Houndoom, Mugen. She took the microphone from the announcer and was instantly thrown roses and chocolates, "Hello Pokemon fans!" She cried, "I'm happy to say that again someone from Pallet town has won the Kanto Championship! But this time, it's a girl!" The crowd cheered and she waited for it to die down, "Anyway, I would have never made it here without Mugen, so everyone give him a round of applause!"

"Doom!" The dog-like Pokemon barked happily.

"Okay! Now, I'd like to thank my wonderful mom and of course my best friend... Rokuni Futeki! Come on up here!" They all cheered and the tomboyish girl walked up to the overexcited girl, "Now what would you like to say?"

"Kansei, wake up." The girl blew some of her brown hair out of her eyes.

"Huh?" Kansei managed, "What do you mean?" Suddenly everything went black and Rokuni's voice echoed around her.

"Wake up. Wake up. Wake up."

Kansei shot out of her bed, narrowly missing Rokuni's head, "Sheeze, it took me three hours to wake you up. Was the dream that good?" Kansei pouted and nodded, "Let me guess... You became the Champion." It wasn't a question, but a statement of slight annoyance, "I made pancakes."

"Let me guess you ate all of the bacon." Rokuni shrugged and began to play with her Growlithe, Seikei. Kansei glared at her before going over to Mugen, her Houndour, "Come on Mugen, let's start packing." She began to throw random items in her bag and looked over to see Rokuni carefully packing her stuff, checking to make sure she had everything, "Grr... Wake me up at eight o'clock... Grr..." Neither girls were morning people, but Kansei was the worst. Rokuni woke up early out of habit and would be slightly unfriendly until about eight-thirty, but Kansei was used to waking up at eleven so she wasn't enjoying her travel so far, "Why do we have to wake up sooooooooooo early?"

Rokuni rolled her eyes, "Maybe because if we don't move, we'll get trampled. Besides, the early bird gets the Caterpie." She bent down and picked up a berry, popping it into her mouth, "Mmm... Pecha berry..."

"But I don't like Caterpie..." Kansei mumbled grumpily. She lagged behind Rokuni moodily and waited for Rokuni to stop and train so she could nap. Finally Rokuni stopped and headed off into a patch of woodland. Kansei sunk to the ground and began to sleep peacefully, bringing back her dream.

Rokuni knew Kansei was sleeping, she wasn't stupid. She decided to let Kansei receive the punishment of not training. Rokuni looked down at her companion, Seikei, "You ready boy?" The Growlithe nodded and they began to train fiercely. She had decided to leave Kansei for a few days, knowing she would meet up with her later. Besides lots of trainers came to Mount Moon, and that's where Kansei had fallen asleep. Right in front of the entrance. Rokuni would go there later, but right now Seikei needed training. She looked over and to her surprise, saw a Misdreavus, What would a Misdreavus be doing in Kanto? She wondered, It looks like a girl... She walked over to her, "Hello."

"Drea!" She cried and turned around, startled, "Mis mis dreavus!" She yelled angrily.

"Sorry." Rokuni said carefully, "But what are you doing here?" The Misdreavus looked at her sadly, "You're lost?"

"Drea...vus..." She replied sadly.

"Oh you poor girl... Here, you can join my team." She pointed to Seikei, "He need someone to play with when I'm busy." The Misdreavus floated in front of Seikei and glowed, "Oh, you want to battle first. Okay. Seikei use Flamethrower!" The Growlithe let out a powerful stream of flames. The Misdreavus had no time to react and suffered a lot of damage, "Now, use Bite!" The dog-like Pokemon did as he was told and Misdreavus fainted, "Go Pokeball!" She threw the ball and it hit the Misdreavus, surrounding her in red light and sucking her in, "Hah! I caught her!" She let her out of the ball, "Now to name you... How about Omokage?" The Misdreavus nodded seriously and Rokuni smiled, "Good."

"Dreavus! Miss!" The Misdreavus cried and began to float around her, "Vus! Misdrea!"

"Okay, we'll head to Mount Moon now. Come on Seikei." The Growlithe began to trot loyally behind her. After they reached Mount Moon they noticed Kansei was still sleeping, "I swear, even if Mewtwo came out and tried to kill her she wouldn't wake up..."

"Ow!" Russel shouted as Furret sunk his teeth into Russel's ear. He hadn't even realized that he'd fallen asleep, but apparently he had. Dragonite was starting his descent now and a large mountain, with a few entrances nearby, was in view. "Oh, thanks..." Russel said, patting Furret on the head and wiping the saliva off of his ear.

The sun was rising in the distance, Russel figured it was probably around five O'clock. The dim, orange light was calming somehow and he stayed in a limbo between his dream and the real world for a couple of minutes. That ended when Dragonite crash landed. Furret jumped off just in time to be unharmed but Russel wasn't as lucky. Him and the dragon both tumbled on the ground, gathering various scrapes and bruises as they hit rocks and hard dirt.

"No, no I'm fine. Really." Russel said as he wiped dirt off of himself. Dragonite was trying to help him, it was blushing and was obviously embarrassed by its less than perfect landing. "It's ok. You only just evolved, it's natural your landings will take some time to improve." He stroked the Pokémon's head gently. Furret climbed up his leg and onto his shoulder.

"So there it is," Russel placed his hands on his hips and looked to an entrance nearby. "Mount Moon. Think we'll find any moonstones?" Furret gave an odd Pokémon chuckle, his signature response to most things Russel said. "C'mon, let's go in."

The cave wasn't nearly as dark on Russel had thought it would be. There were a few luminous rocks that lit up the walls of the cave. Dragonite was a getting a bit uncomfortable it seemed, so he had to be returned. Furret took to Russel's coat pocket and began to rest. He figured the Pokémon hadn't slept much on the ride there.

He felt a bit lonely, so he sent out the only other Pokémon he had, Azumarill. "Go!" Russel's voice echoed as he tossed the PokéBall lightly. The light that poured from the ball allowed him to see a little bit better in the dim cave.

"Zu?" Azumarill questioned, its eyes adjusting to the dark.

"We're in a cave. Mount Moon. We finally left home!"

Azumarill's ears stiffened in surprise and a smile appeared on her face. One of her ears twitched suddenly, though, and she began to look around.

"Is it a Pokémon?" Russel asked excitedly. He planned to catch a lot of Pokémon during his journies. Rather than respond, Azumarill started to run towards whatever the sound was. Russel followed. Azumarill was fast, always had been, and it was tough keeping up with her. He managed, but just barely. By the time he rounded a corner and was reunited with the water type he was out of breath.

Azumarill had cornered a small, pink pocket monster that was holding a stone of some sort. "Oh, sweet!" Russel said joyfully. The Pokémon was apparently very scared. It looked young, probably in its first stage of evolution. Russel knew the stone it was holding was a moonstone, but he wanted to find out more about the Pokémon itself. He whipped out his PokéDex and listened to the automated description that told him it was a Cleffa.

"Nice, nice." Russel said, drawing a regular PokéBall from a pouch attached to his PokéBelt. He expanded it and held it in his hand. "A BubbleBeam attack should be enough." he ordered his Pokémon. Azumarill didn't hesitate to obey.

But the Cleffa wasn't going down without a fight. It hurled the moonstone at Azumarill, distracting it enough so that its attack was haulted. Before Azumarill had a chance to counter, Cleffa countered with a Copycat attack. A strong jet of bubbles erupted from the tiny Pokémon's mouth and hit Azumarill right in the chest. Azumarill was relatively unharmed, being a water type and after a tackle attack was ordered Russel threw the PokéBall.

It shook only once before stopping and making a confirming 'ping' noise. Cleffa had been caught. "Wooh!" Russel excalimed as he picked up both the PokéBall and the moonstone Cleffa had been carrying. "This is awesome, Cleffa seems cool." He attatched the ball to his belt and congratulated Azumarill on the nice job. "Now let's go see more of this cave. Wonder if anyone else is in here."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Dude, okay, let's stop fighting. If you want to challenge the Elite Four, I'll let you. But only after we train a bit in Mt. Moon. We've been there before. You had to get through it to get to another town. We'll Fly there! Alex said, trying to stop the fighting.

"Okay, okay, okay. We'll take Wyvern. He can carry us both. Your Staraptor doesn't know the way. And she's so small, she can only carry you!" Katrina said, trying to spur a fight.

Trying not to hit her sister, Alex mounted the bored Charizard. "Okay, Wyvey, Mt. Moon it is! Take us there, please! Katrina said.

The flight was rather short, but Wyvern was rather fast. They made it to the entrance to Mt. Moon, and they dismounted. But as they were going in, Katrina said something.

"Wait, if we actually want to see, we need to use Flash!" Katrina realized. She plucked a Pokeball off her belt and released a Meowth. "Hey, Rocky, when we get in there, use Flash, 'kay, boy?" She commanded, rubbing his head. He meowed in return. Katrina seemed to understand that meow. Alex didn't.

I guess it's the same way with my Pokemon. Alex thought.

They went in Mount Moon. It was insanely dark! Then Katrina suddenly yelled, "Now!" and a huge Flash filled the mountain, clearing all the darkness away, revealing someone there, a boy with an Azumarill.

"Hey!" Alex yelled, while releasing her Flareon, Solava. "You! Nice Azumarill!"

(OoC: That Azumarill thing was because I couldn't think of anything else.)

Rokuni slung the girl over her shoulder and entered the cave, surprised to see a bright light. She noticed two girls, a Meowth, a boy, and an Azumarill. She sweatdopped, "Well isn't this a popular cave. Who are you?"

Kansei felt herself dragged off the ground and slung over someone, she huffed but refused to wake up, trying to find her way back to her dream. In her dream she had been surrounded by the most powerful team ever, and Mugen was of course the best Pokemon in her team. Everyone loved her and her Pokemon and the world was a better place. Then she heard a voice enter her resurfacing dream, "Well isn't this a popular cave. Who are you?"

She answered with her mind, thinking it was directed to her, Do you not know the champion, Kansei? You sound like Rokuni and I'm not in a cave. I'm sitting beside my Hounddom, Mugen, waiting for a challenger. Duh. To herself she thought, What a weird dream... Her eyes slid open slightly and to her surprise she was in a cave and Rokuni was carrying her around like a potato sack, "Hey!" Then she noticed the three people and two Pokemon, "Who are you?"

Rokuni slung her down and glared, "I already asked them that. Now stand up and stop dreaming that you're the champion, it's not gonna happen if all you do is sleep." Kansei stuck her tongue out at Rokuni, "How immature." Her friend mumbled. Then Kansei noticed the Misdreavus floating above Rokuni and eyed her curiously, "She's my new friend, Omokage. Seikei caught her for me." She bent down and patted her Growlithe on the head, then turned back to the other people, awaiting their response.

OCC: Yeah, It's directed to you.

Hm, this looks like fun, considering I can't see a THING!

Mark, with his Dragonite, has just now realized that they probably should've brought a Pokemon that knew Flash, instead of just Dragonite having to resort to his Flamethrower to see around him. In order to prevent risk to possible passerbys, Mark has told Dragonite to cease the flames and just use trial-and-error to find their way through.

Suddenly, Mark felt this whoosh by his leg, and knowing how similar his personality is to Dragonite's, both of them jumped up, freaked out at what had just nudged him.

Since Dragonite was too spooked to find it, Mark sent out his Flygon to deal with it. Using his superb vision, he managed to spot a scurrying Cleffa, running fast somewhere. Relieved, Mark retreated Flygon. However, a few seconds later, he thought he heard what sounded like an Azumarill grunt in shock. 'Funny', Mark thought, 'It must've felt how painful its own bubbles are'. Then. he heard a Poke Ball activate, beep once, and click. 'Nice catch. These Pokemon here in Mt. Moon are difficult since they scurry so much'. Mark shuddered and hoped he would never have a Cleffa scare him like that again.

All of a sudden, out of nowhere, a blinding flash appeared. Mark pulled his brown button-up jacket over his to shield himself from the bright aura. Once the light settled, he was relieved to see clearly, and managed to see what was going on a few yards away....

From what it looked like, a boy appears to have just caught a Pokemon- which explains the sounds he heard- and alongside him was an Azumarill, probably the one he heard earlier. Apparently, this boy must be quite the ladies man, considering the fact that he now sees four girls running toward him- well, one of them is slung over a girl's shoulder. odd- and a Meowth, Flareon, Growlithe and Misdreavus joining the pack.

Noticing this mob, an idea waved over Mark's head. He didn't know why, but since it's completely dark, except for the Meowth which created a sphere of brightness, but he felt like a prankster. He always has these erratic moments. He doesn't wanna harm these people, of course not. just spook them abit. Taking cover behind a nearby monlith, Mark quietly releases his Tyranitar. His Tyranitar would never harm a fly, but simply wants to act tough. "Okay", Mark whispers, "On my mark, I want you to jump out and roar as loud as you can". Understanding this, Tyranitar stays crouched behind the huge boulder. Meanwhile, Mark unleashes his trustworthy Salamence. "Okay girl, When you hear Tyranitar roar, if any of those people try to run toward the exit", pointing to the cave mouth that leads to the outside, "I want you to block that mouth and roar as loud as you can." Salamence gives off her signature purr- odd for a dragon- and flies and lands on a rock perched above the mouth of the cave.

Now all Mark has to do is wait for them to start moving deeper in to the cave, and he'll give the que..

``Come on you two we need to get going before it to dark for use to see``. Rogue, his Espeon and his Apiom watch out in the cool crisp afternoon air. Rogue unclipped a Pokeball from his belt, enlarged it then tossed it in front of him. All of a sudden a bright white light escaped from the ball taking the for of mighty dragon. ``Hey girl you ready for a trip``. Rogue asked his Salamance. Salamance gave a soft almost tired growl as she lowered herself to allow them to board her. As Rogue climbed up on to Salamance Espeon hoped up and curled up right in front of him as Apiom climbed up on to his shoulder.

Just then the door from the house opened, and out came his sister Katie and her Ninetals. ``Hey Rogue were u going to?.``

``Im going to go to Mount Moon to start traveling with my pokemon I want to become a really good trainer.`` Rogue shouted over.

``Does Mom or Dad know what you leaving?`` Katie said.

``NO. I left them a note on there bed explaining where I have gone and why. I also left them my pokegear number so they can contact me.`` said Rogue.

``OK. But remember I will soon be a great trainer and we will have a battle ok brother.`` Katie said as she opened the house door.

``OK`` Rogue said as he smiled at his sister.

``Ok girl lets go.`` Salamance launched from the ground with blinding speed.

As the flight went on Rogue noticed that Apiom hade climbed into his backpack, since he could not hold onto Rogues shoulder st the speed Salamance was going at. ``Ok girl u can land just over there at the mouth of the cave.`` As Salamance dissented from there flight Rogue noticed a very bright light coming from just out side of the caves mouth. ``I guess we aren

OOC-Hey Rp people! Rouge, you stole my Espeon and Aipom lol. I'm using a one-shot character.))

"Power Gem," The calm voice of a trainer said. Following her trainer's orders, Babylon, the Shining Persian, launched a shining rock at the Zubat. With a dull thud, the zubat fell to the ground. "Let's add this to our collection..." Chris mumbled, tossing a Pok

Ah, the great Mt. Moon. Kalseng liked caves and mountains slightly better than Forests. He wouldn't end up with a face full of branch if he took a wrong step. He couldn't see worth anything in the strange area, but still. It was better than a forest full of nasty branches. Kalseng had tried to adjust to the light difference, but often times found it best to let his haunter manually give dirrections to Kalseng before he ran into something. Haunters could apparently see in the dark. Useful skill, wouldn't you say? I'd say so if I were in a very large, pitch-black cave.

Kalseng had heard many a story about this place. It was supposed to be home to the rare species of Cleffas, Cleffairies, and Cleffables. Above all of that, it was a cave. And as if all of that weren't reason enough, there was an egg hatchery/breeding center on the Cerullean side of the cave. So Kalseng, being hte storyteller and bard that he is, thought it might be a good idea to take a stroll through the cave and gather up stories to tell.

Kalseng continued walking, dragging his feet along, well after a half an hour of stumbling about.soon he found himself quietly praying for a tree somewhere, so that he'd at least know he wasn't walking in cicles. Kalseng rounded a corner, and then it hit him all at once. Someone had a pokemon using flash right in the same chamber as Kalseng. He walked right into the bright light, and hhis instincts went right up.

"Haunter! Safeguard!" Kalseng called, shielding his face. A blue shield went up, protecting Kalseng from the non-existant attackers. He looked forward, trying to pick out who he could from the group of people up ahead. Hey look. Cody. From that festival last year... Crazy events transpired there. Good ones though. By the end of the week, that tournament meant little compared to what was bound to happen afterwards. Kalseng knew he probably shouldn't have, in fact, he probably should have turned the other way.

"Hey Cody!!!!" Kalseng shouted. Maybe not a good thing to do inside a mountain. The ceiling trembled, reacting from Kalseng's voice, shaking the entire place, until at least three stalagmites came crashing down. Kalseng's swablu was out already however, and it knew the drill.

"Swablu!" Kalseng didn't even have to give the rest of the command. Swablu had a green protect bubble up and working. "Protect!" Kalseng said the rest anyway. A stalagtite crashed down right on top of the Protect, shattering on contact. Swablu had a lot of practice with protects. Like, every day. Sometimes twice. The other two stalagtites hrudled to the ground, gaining speed as they fell from the high ceiling.

[[OOC: Ydoc77, I think I hinted that Festival will get exciting.]]

A foreign rumbling sound could be heard in the distance. Akilah stopped in her position and cupped her free hand around her ear, curious of what this strange sound could be. It almost sounded like the cave was...collapsing? She hoped not. The blue eyed Pokemon trainer had already come too far in this labyrinth of a cave; she refused to go out like this. Akilah held the shining flashlight at her hip, the light inadvertently directed at an impression of a miniscule footprint on the sandstone floor. Suddenly, the light began to flicker, and then had completely dimmed. As Akilah stood alone in this absolute darkness, she began to tap the head of the flashlight against her hand in an attempt to revive the bulb. However, there was no success.

"You have to be kidding me." Her flat voice echoed as a mumble throughout the narrow tunnel, sounding rather irritated. Akilah tucked the useless flashlight into her belt, keeping in mind to buy extra bulbs once she reached Cerulean City. Akilah stood sightlessly, the enigmatic rumbling sound as her only means of company. Akilah almost thought she heard someone speaking in a light voice to her, and she took several steps back in apprehension. She began to grow paranoid, fearful almost. The girl reached back behind her belt where her pokeballs were attached, hoping to use one of her pokemon for help. If she could use one that knew Dig, it could search Mt. Moon for someone to help her. However, before she could grasp onto one, a mysterious light was emitted before her eyes.

Akilah shielded her face with both of her arms, protecting herself from this light. However, she finally decided to lower her arms; she blinked in surprise at the creature standing before her.

"Clefairy!" The pink pokemon exclaimed; it held a soft light at the tip of its finger. Akilah tilted her head to the side, baffled. However, she then smiled in relief. The 'light voice' she heard must have been this pokemon using Metronome, thus using Flash. She had heard of Clefairy existing in this cave, but had never seen one in person due to its rarity. She had no complaints to this odd encounter.

"Wow...thank you." Akilah nodded graciously; the pokemon grinned, enthusiastic to have helped. Akilah wondered if she could convince this cute cherub to guide her. "Hey, Clefairy..." She began; the pokemon waited patiently for her to speak. "Would you like to help me get out?" Before a moment could be lost, Clefairy began to chant, apparently using Metronome once again. Akilah took several steps back, startled that the tunnel began to tremble slightly during this action. All of the sudden, Clefairy curled into a glowing ball, the light from Flash still being in effect. Akilah gaped awkwardly, not knowing what the pokemon was doing. Without warning, Clefairy rolled full speed towards the trainer.

Akilah released a terrified scream, and turned around to sprint for her life. The Clefairy's Flash radiated light ahead of Akilah, so she was thankful that she could see where she was going; since that was taken care of, she now had to focus on avoiding getting run over. Akilah had no time to react with her pokemon to defend her; all she knew she had to do was to keep running.

""I said, 'Help me get out,' not 'Roll Out!'" Alkilah shouted back at the Clefairy; she clenched her teeth and her breathing became uneasy as she quickened her pace. As she raced for life, the rumbling sound from earlier was becoming louder; Akilah wondered if maybe she was coming closer to the noise.