• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A New Adventure

Hi there, my name is Beyond, and before we start I'd like to say that this is my first time on these forums and my first time roleplaying online. I'd also like to clarify that I don't want anyone who wishes to participate in my RP to carry out any explicit roleplay, or lurk for girlfriends/boyfriends.

Now that that's all cleared up I'd like to start my story.

The concept is simple, I am a teenage boy who has had a pet Piplup since I was a young child, it was gifted to me by my father who was a Pokemon trainer before he retired and settled into ordinary work. Upon turning 16 I have finally persuaded my mother to let me become a Pokemon trainer and travel the world in order to be such. The only catch is that she won't allow me to go alone.
To work around this I decide to place an ad in a local shop window, the ad reads as follows;

"Companions wanted!
I am looking for other new, young trainers to accompany me on my Pokemon adventure.
Anyone interested please write an application and pass it on to the shop keeper."

So that is the simple premise of my story, anybody who wishes to join write an application as your character and send it to me.