• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Mysterious School (Interest/Sign-up Discussion)

Interested?

• Total voters
The thread has been created for this. This is the discussion thread. To do the actual roleplaying, please go to https://pokecharms.com/threads/a-mysterious-school.20263/ !!

Hey! It's me. You probably don't know me- I joined pretty recently. I decided I should start up a roleplay because I haven't seen much activity on the roleplays I have been interested in participating in. Well, here goes...
I'm not looking for any specific type of roleplayer, but yes, you have to follow charms rules just like on any other thread here. No one-liners! Posts must be a paragraph long! No legendaries unless you have been approved by admins! (Although, it is very unlikely someone should have a legendary in this roleplay. These people are kids/teenagers. Unless there is a really good story to back it up, I probably won't accept anyone with a legendary anyway, even if it is approved by admins.)

This is the basics of what's going on near the beginning point. I guess you could consider it an article in a newspaper or a blog post. Please do reply to the thread if you feel this is a roleplay you want to join, and of course you can sign up, too.

Something really weird happened 2 days ago. It's been all over the global Pokemon world news. At least one child from each Pokemon region has vanished. The children didn't seem to have anything in common, except that they were Pokemon trainers who had started their journey within the past month.
Around the time of the disappearances, a large blimp had been seen heading away from known civilization. Police attempted to follow, but had to turn back due to severe weather that didn't seem to affect the blimp. It is unknown if the missing children are on the blimp or if it is just coincidence.

Alrighty! Now that the big typing mess is done.. Onward!

The young trainers will wake up in individual rooms. They will have at a maximum three Pokemon. They may have one Pokemon total that has evolved. It must be a Pokemon that evolves at a low level, and shouldn't be the final form. (Unless you really want to start with a Butterfree/Beedril/etc. That's fine.) By low level, that means you can't have a Dragonair or something yet. But Dratini is okay! The trainers will have to solve a puzzle that will let them out of their room (you can decide the puzzle.) and they will come out into a hallway which has the doors to the other trainers rooms. There won't be a puzzle there, but your trainer will eventually go down the hallway (possibly with other trainers company) and some lab-coated people will take everyone and their Pokemon to a sitting room. Once all the trainers have made it to the sitting room, the boss of the experiment (some doctor dude) will explain that the trainers have been taken into the school to learn to fight better, increase their powers, etc etc.

It is up to you how the trainer you control responds to all of this. They could be excited, and eager. Some may be worried, but learn to like it/deal with what's going on. Some could hate the experiment and wish to get away.

Okay, enough with the big bodies of text.. For real now.

SIGN-UPS:

Name: (First/last)
Pronouns: (she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them, etc.)
Appearance:
Personality: (This does not have to be specified right away. You can develop the personality as you go.)
Pokemon Team: (maximum three, one second stage allowed (low level) (unless you have a quick evolving Pokemon, such as Butterfree or Beedril.)

**This will be more of an anime-styled roleplay, meaning you don't have to include Pokemon moves. Your Pokemon may learn a new move, but they'll never forget the older moves.**

Well, hope to see you all over on the main roleplay forum! Let's see if this takes off!

Last edited:
Name: (Morgan/Fir)
Pronouns: The boy ones
Appearance: A small boy with a medium sized haircut, black hair and dressed like a Pokémon professor. He has the face of someone who has never been able to choose anything for himself. Stands at 4'6 and weighs little.
Personality: He puts on a shield when talking by hiding behind many levels of snark and when that fails he resorts to lies or pretending to be friends with someone. Deep down he just wants someone to break through his layered personality. Morgan doesn't like battles, he wants to study Pokémon not fight with them.
Pokemon Team: Metapod named Spoons, an Eevee named Est and finally a Zubat named Alucard

Did i do all of that correctly or does that go somewhere else?

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
GIMME THAT DRATINI!

Name: Ethan Gales
Pronouns: he, him, yadda yadda yadda all the male pronouns.
Appearance: Ethan wears cream colored shorts and a blue plaid shirt. He has brown eyes and brown hair. He also wears red sneakers.
Personality: He's quite Friendly, confident and active. He's also optimistic. However, this makes him a bit reckless.
Pokemon Team: Drake the Dratini, Spark the Luxio and Dune the Trapinch. (If I'm allowed Spark, he'll be disobedient, sorta like Ash and Charizard's bond in Kanto.)

Let me know if I'm allowed Luxio, it evos from Shinx at 15.

@Forethoughts Accepted, it's all correct. ^-^
@Dratingonair Accepted! Luxio is fine, it'd be a bit hypocritical for me to say no- I'm going to start with a Braixen, which evolves at one level higher.

I forgot to do my own character!! (internally cursing my forgetfulness) I'm going to put it in this post just so it's out there.
Name: Aris Lillian (Aris is pronounced like Eris normally is.)
Pronouns: She/her/hers (Female)
Appearance: A light-skinned, golden-blonde, blue-eyed girl. She typically wears black, with the exception of jeans or leggings, which are usually neon or brightly colored. (black boots, black hoodie, then whatever leggings she decides on)
Personality: She doesn't seem nice from looking at her. But if you bother to talk to her and get to know her, she's really nice! Although, you don't want to make her mad, because usually her Pokemon feel just the same way as her.. Meaning they may attack you.
Pokemon Team:
Hestia, female Braixen, shiny. Wears a black sleeveless hoodie under her white chest fur. It covers her purple fur underneath, though.
Soul, male Eevee. Wears a red scarf thingy. (Like a bandanna)
Cobalt, male Riolu. Wears a necklace with a small tooth attached. .....Cobalt found it one day. No one actually knows what it belonged to.

Hey, do you mind if I might Luxio a bit stronger? Just want an uncontrollable Pokemon, just think it'll make Ethan more interesting

Go ahead. Heck, it could try to beat up the other trainer Pokemon. (But that's just an idea. You don't have to implement it.)
Although, on that thought, if it does, we should make sure any Pokemon attacked is from someone who's okay with that. Just so no one gets mad.

I, for one, would be fine with Luxio attacking any of my Pokemon- but others may have different feelings about theirs.

I'm going to make the actual thread tomorrow. I'll link them both together, too.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Name: Bellamy Blake
Pronouns: he/him/his
Bellamy has brown hair, but it is dyed silver, he has green eyes, he is 5' 9". He wears a white t-shirt, a red tartan shirt, blue skinny jeans, black trainers, a shark tooth pendant and a gold ring with a water symbol carved into it. Bellamy is lean yet muscular.
Personality: Bellamy is very kind to everyone he meets, he is loyal and brave. He loves to sing. Bellamy hates seeing others sad or in pain. He has a slight phobia of fire.
Pokemon Team:
Aeris (Espeon)
Wamp (Mudkip)
Shade Froakie - Shiny)

Last edited:
Name: Charles (Charlie) Hightower
Pronouns: He-him
Appearance: A tall, lanky black boy with short black hair and brown eyes. Wears fingerless gloves, a red shirt, jeans and black shoes. Has a tattoo of a Kingler on his right shoulder.
Personality: Charles is prideful, refusing to acknowledge his shortcomings and accept help. He has an unyielding spirit and always goes all out in everything that he does. He is quickly angered and refuses to make friends as he believes that he should do everything himself.
Pokemon Team: Kratos - Krabby
Basilisk - Seviper
Komainu - Growlithe

I might make a bio for this later, but before I do, I’d like to ask if Midnight Lycanroc is allowed as I plan to have it as one of my char’s Pokémon.

I might make a bio for this later, but before I do, I’d like to ask if Midnight Lycanroc is allowed as I plan to have it as one of my char’s Pokémon.
Sure. I think I'm going to make a cap system so that it's easier for people to understand what they can/can't have. I'll make it so that even though this is more of an anime-styled RP, if the Pokemon evolves within the first 25 levels (into a second or final form) in the games, it can be used for the RP. That way, bug-types (which typically evolve faster) are balanced with the other Pokemon that evolve a bit slower. (starters, typical Route 1 Pokemon, etc)

Alright, bio time!

Name: Tony Rojo
Pronouns: He,Him (Male)
Appearance: Pale skin, Wine red medium spiky hair and Orange eyes. Wears a black t-shirt underneath a Wine red open sleeveless jacket that reaches his knees, Dark blue baggy pants, Black trainers, Black thick wristbands on both of his wrists and a bright red scarf.
Personality: Calm and blunt, with a love for battling but despises losing. He tends to be friendly with people when he wants to be... in his own way. He has become a lot more rude and assertive since his 'kidnap', especially toward the employees who work there as he was taken from his family, friends and home against his will.
Pokemon Team: Lycanroc (Midnight), Noibat and Gastly

P.S. Do the Pokemon need nicknames? Given how I saw everyone's bios and almost everyone had nicknamed Pokemon.

Are there still open spots in this? If so, I'd like to join!

Name:
Gregory "Greg" Hale

Pronouns: He/him/his

Appearance:
Greg is of average height for his age, at 5'7", and is very lean, having relatively no muscle tone, but not to the point where he appears weak or frail. He has layered dark brown curls that fray out on the sides, creating a constant "bedhead" look, despite his best efforts to tame it. He has almond colored eyes and wears a pair square eyeglasses with clear plastic frames. He has a fair complexion.

Greg choice of fashion is rather simple. He typically wears a loose-fitting henley tee with light wash bluejeans, which are noticeably faded. He also wears a pair of simple white tennis sneakers.

Personality: Greg epitomizes a "go with the flow" attitude, always appearing relaxed and carefree. In battle, he is able to control his nerves and fully analyze the situation before recklessly making decisions. He is confident, and always open to new experiences. However, Greg often does not take things as seriously as he should, at times making light of situations that have greater consequences than he had originally thought.

Pokemon Team: Teddiursa, Phanpy, Eevee

Name: Sera Strouss
Pronouns: She/ Her/ Hers
Appearance: Dark Brown hair is rather long, reaching about her mid-back, but it is thick and puffy so Sera most often styles it up. She most commonly puts her hair into neat space-buns, one on either side of her head and wraps each bun with a puffy, pink hair tie. Sera has rather tanned skin, creamy and smooth with a freckles every here and there. She sports a thin, small figure with a round face. Two large, green eyes sparkle with her smile and a small beauty mark sits just below her left eye. Sera usually wears thin jeans, of a light color, with a pink t-shirt and simply tennis shoes.
Personality: Sera is a particularly happy soul, she is extremely giggly and has problems seeing the fault in any situation. Though a determined trainer who wants best for herself and her team, the girl tends to get sidetracked easily and loves to do just about anything. Sera is also an emotionally delicate girl in general, she tends to cry easily when yelled at or made upset but she is also extremely forgiving.
Pokemon Team: Numel (Pancake), Lombre (Ernesto), Emolga (Mimi)

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
(This looks interesting, and I’m also interested in joining!)

Name: Otis Russell

Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Appearance: She has long brown wavy hair, and hazel eyes. Otis wears blue glasses, a white fluffy sweater, blue jeans, and red sneakers.

Personality: She is kind, and protects her Pokemon when she can. Otis can be impatient, and competitive in battle.

Pokemon Team:

-Nia, who is a female Venipede

-Spirit, who is a female Servine

-Mary, who is a female Mareep

Region she used to live in: The Unova Region

Last edited:
Hmm, I suppose my Fakemon can use a break from RPing.

Name:
Her name is Diana Tangi.
Pronouns: She goes with the simple pronouns of she and her.
Appearance: Diana is about 5'2" and has a skinny build and a lighter skin tone. She has blond hair in a paler shade that goes down to her neck and has a small patch of faint freckles on her nose. She has sky blue eyes and has on a pair of clear safety goggles with the edges being made of a thin layering of twenty-four karat gold and the adjustive strap being composed of leather to give it a sensation of the steampunk era. She has on a short-sleeved, gray henley shirt and a nightly black skort. She wears a violet lab coat over herclothing, as the inner area has a few hidden pockets and a bigger one on the outside that can be used as a sling to carry around small Pokémon. She has on a pair of orchid ballet shoes and carries around a mellow mauve duffel bag.
Personality: Diana tends to stay quiet around others, only speaking if the situation is necessary to have a few words to establish progression. Some describe her to have a stern figure of authority, having quite the serious outlook on others when issuing out commands if picked as the leader in a group setting. Unfortunately, she can be impatient at times since her Lapras can be hard to please sometimes.
Pokémon Team:
Name: His name is Nessie.
Species: Lapras / Transport Pokémon
Appearance: Due to his young age, he is noticeably smaller than the average Lapras; he stands at a height of roughly fifty-five centimeters and being at almost nine kilograms from a recent, frightful checkup. His curly ears are smaller than usual, while the horn on his forehead is nearly impossible to notice at a normal distance like the blunt knobs on his back almost blending in with the firm, gray surface.
Clothing: He has on a sable black tudor bonnet, as the crowned cap has a golden tassel with a yellow cord around the hat to support the tuft. He wears dove gray socks on his frontal flippers, though not on his rear pair however due to mobility issues and having a dislike for wearing articles in that area.
Personality: His trainer describes him to be an infantile Pokémon with an inarticulate and quirky behavior. He tends to cover his mouth with his right flipper at times, while also curling up when faced with a stranger in a sudden conversation. He is easily flustered when faced with insults, as he is quick to get the authorities if they are around.
Ability: Shell Armor (Having a tough shell nullifies the effects of critical hits.)
Other: As a result of some past training and studying in his free time, he has more combat experience and intellect than the typical Pokémon of his age does. He is often seen carrying around a small, arctic blue book.
Name: His name is Frost.
Species: Cubchoo / Chill Pokémon
Appearance: Frost is your normal, everyday Cubchoo; though he is about two inches shorter and roughly a pound lighter for the average size of his species. Unlike his kind however, he lacks the constant, runny nose.
Clothing: Frost has on a cloud white, Class I armor vest in a pale shading of cloudy white. The vest has several pockets containing some personal items, though most of them appear to be for the sole purpose of ceasing the entry of germs at his body. He wears a pair of snow white, scratch resistant gloves and has on daisy white, weather resistant socks. Along with that, he sports a nightly black, half gas mask and dustproof goggles that most Pokémon tend to use in the midst of a storm while in the field of combat.
Personality: Frost's personality remains an engima to most, since he is rarely around others with the exception of his trainer if deemed necessary. He tends to avoid any kind of physical contact for strange and possibly unexplainable reasons. He could be calm and collective at one point, and then quietly sobbing like a baby at the next. He usually prefers to go back into his ball if alone time calls.
Ability: Slush Rush (Doubles the Pokémon's speed in a hailstorm.)
Other: His favorite drink is a cold bottle of milk at exactly fifty-five degrees Fahrenheit with the drinking container being completely sterlized prior for use.

Woah, this RP is getting loads of attention! I'm glad to see people are willing to join. I honestly didn't expect it since I'm such a new "face" around here. :,)
@OtisRolePlays Accepted!~ I've never heard of someone using a Venipede for roleplay, so I'm excited to see how things turn out! ^-^
@Kiraru Accepted! I love how descriptive you were about Diana's team- and Frost sounds super cute!

Most posts from me may be at wildly weird times, time zone and wifi nonsense. Also I dont know how to tag individually so everybody gets this, rip me.
You can tag individual members that aren't following a thread already by putting @ username (but put them together.)
There's also private messages, which you can find on the person's profile by the follow button.

Also, I'm aware on the fact my Pokemon can't evolve too early and Gastly's cap for evolving is level 25, I'll perhaps wait about a page or three until I decide for him to evolve.

And yes I'm aware that as this is leaning more toward the lines of the anime where leveling is basically bonding with/raising the Pokemon, but I'll still make sure I don't get Haunter too quickly.

As for everyone having a maximum of three Pokemon with them, will there be opportunities for everyone to catch/receive new ones, or should everyone stay at three at the max?

Wow my alerts are broken or completely off. Well Morgan is technically not in his room anymore. I think due to my connection issues I'll have him be on his own hiding and watching. Using his size to sneak through vents just so I don't leave people waiting for a response. Is that alright @Markers ?

I'm back!~
Here are your question answers:
@Red Gallade Yeah, there will be chances for more Pokemon. What I have in mind is a test where they only give you three Poke Balls, and release you into this open area with a bunch of Pokemon that were taken from their homes. The lab peeps will monitor how many you catch and all that junk as an analysis thingy.
@Forethoughts Yeah, that's fine! I mean, I did a similar thing with Aris so I could take my leave without leaving anyone waiting. It makes sense.

As long as everyone is still following Charm's rules and all that good stuff, I don't really care if anyone wants to push the RP in a certain direction or do something that may seem "abnormal." If anyone is uncertain, ask the other members for advice/opinions on what they want to do.