• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A journey into Kalos and Alola

Begin in the Kalos region, and select your starter! Progressively get to the Alola region and possibly fight team Flare and team Skull on the way! Make friends with other trainers and strive to be the best trainer you can be!

Here is how you will join:
As an example, here is my profile.
Name: Jack
Personality: Friendly, Optimistic, Daring, Smart, etc.
Origin/Backstory: Jack was born in Kalos and has lived there all his life.
He loves it in Kalos, but has always wanted to go out into the world and explore other regions.
Today, he has finally set out to get a starter.

Please speak in Third Person.

Name: Jax
Personality: Brave, tough
Origin: Lived in Kalos with his parents, who died at the hands of Team Flare. Lives in Vaniville Town by himself and is getting a starter so he can slowly be able to fight and defeat Team Flare for his parents' sakes.

RP: Today was the day. The professor would give Jax his first Pokemon. He sent a box over with the Pokemon he requested, a PokeDex, and even a Pokemon egg. He sent Fennekin out of its PokeBall and trained with it for a while.He made it to Aquacorde Town, where they settled down at a cafe and watched the egg. Wherever Team Flare was, Jax thought, they would pay dearly for what they did to his parents. Fennekin would help him make sure of that!

Jack finally met the professor. He was quite nice, in fact, and gave Jack a Froakie, a Pokedex, and some Great balls and sent him on his way. Jack was unsure of what to do next, so he decided to walk to the nearest town.

Froakie was getting nervous about its new trainer, but it thought it should get to know him better. Froakie jumped onto Jack's shoulder and happily dozed off.

As they finished eating, Jax and Fennekin headed to the local Pokemon Center, where a little battle tournament was being held for new Trainers like him. The first Trainer he fought had a Scatterbug, which he beat with a series of Embers from Fennekin. The second round was a little trickier, because he had to deal with a Sandile, that was a Ground type. Fennekin swiftly dodged the moves that were blasted at it, however, and used a barrage of Scratches to blind it, and then for the finishing touch, it used Ember and knocked it out. Now was the time for the final round, where he went up against a Fletchling, who was basically as swift as Fennekin was.

The battle started off with Fennekin using Scratch on Fletchling, but it flew backwards, and as Fennekin fell to the ground, Fletchling used Peck and sent it hurtling even faster! Despite the damage it had taken, Fennekin stood up and used Ember, which Fletchling dodged and countered with Quick Attack. Fennekin rolled to the side, barely dodging the attack, and then it used Growl, lowering its opponent's Attack power. Now that it was weaker, Fennekin felt more confident and used Ember, which hit Fletchling straight on! Then, it used Scratch, and Fletchling countered with Quick Attack. The two moves collided, and only one Pokemon remained standing.

Jack and Froakie raced into Aquacorde town in a rush. Jack had been trying to increase aFroakies speed by racing him to the town, but it seemed like Jack needed the speed more than Froakie, because Jack ended up panting 10 feet behind Froakie at the end of the race! Jack looked up, startled, as he heard shouting coming over from the nearest Pokemon Center.

Jack called Froakie over and they investigated what they had heard. It was a Pokemon battle between a Fletchling and a Fennekin. Jack decided to stay in the shadows and watch the outcome of the battle.

"Fletchling is unable to battle," said the referee, "which means that Fennekin is the winner of this tournament!" Fennekin leaped into its Trainer's arms as it won! Jax hugged the Pokemon closely, and then started towards the Pokemon Center after he received the prize for winning. Then, he saw a Trainer standing in the shadows. "Excuse me," he questioned, "what are you doing there?"

"Oh-I was just observing this battle here. Your Fennekin did great! I can see you two already have a great bond. Well, I'm Jack, and this is my partner Froakie. We just started on our journey today!" Froakie jumped up and down and started sticking its frubbles all over the place. Jack didn't know that Froakie could do this, and noted it for later in case it was useful.

"I'm Jax," he responded, holding out his hand for Jack to shake. "As you can see, this is my partner Fennekin, who I received from the professor. By the way, do you happen to know the way to Santalune City?"

"Ah, Jax, I believe Santalune City is north from here. Why do you want to go there?" Jack tried to stop Froakie, but now it had approached Fennekin. But Froakie was being very friendly so Jack left the Pokemon alone.

"Well," Jax started, "the Santalune City Gym is there, there is the Pokemon school, a Pokemon contest is being held there, LOADS of things!" He eyed Fennekin playing around with Froakie, and he smiled. "I guess our Pokemon are hitting it off, wouldn't you say, Jack?" he asked after observing the Pokemon for a bit.

"Well, I probably should head to Santalune as well, if so much is there! I didn't know where to start before, but I guess I do now. It IS surprising how Pokemon friendship works-Froakie has a type advantage over Fennekin but there seems to be no problems between them, they seem to be getting along very well." Froakie looked at his trainer in recognition of what Jack had said. Jack heard a low growl. Froakie jumped up and looked at its stomach. Jack laughed. "You must be hungry, Froakie." Froakie nodded its head and looked at its trainer, expecting food.

"Well," said Jax, "there is a really good place to eat near the Pokemon Center! I know Froakie and you will absolutely love it!" He beckoned for them to follow as he headed to the Aquacorde Lysandre Cafe.

"Wait-whats that place called?" Jack asked, when he saw the cafe. The name Lysandre ringed a bell, but Jack couldn't remember what that name reminded him of. Froakie ran into the cafe without a second glance at the orange haired employees of the cafe, and stared at the Pokemon food piled up behind the counter.

As much as Jax loved the food here, he was reminded of Team Flare when he saw the waitresses and waiters. He suspected them of being evicted, at one point, but they were too kind to him to be bad! As he sat down, he ordered a couscous for himself and some PokePuffs for Fennekin.

Name: Poppy
Personality: Sunny, Optimistic, Naive, Stubborn, Loving
Origin/Backstory: Her mother was the Kalos Queen and she wants to grow up to be just like her. Her dad is part of Team Flare. She had a sister that disappeared and was never seen again and she has anxiety and panic attacks. She tries to cope no matter what.

RP: Poppy ran into Lysandre's Cafe and up to the counter with her new Pokemon, Chespin. She ran into Jax and fell over. "Oh! am so sorry!" she exclaimed.

"I'm Poppy! Nice Fennekin! This is my Chespin, Pine Needles." she pointed to her grumpy Chespin. "I want to be Kalos queen." Could we journey together?"

Jack watched as Poppy ran into the cafe. Froakie hid behind Jack, surprised and startled by the new people. Jack patted its head to comfort it. "It's ok, Froakie. They seem like friends. There is nothing to be afraid of." Jack sympathetically looked at Froakie, who still hid, but now underneath the table. "My apologies for my Froakie's behavior. I'm Jack, and of course you have met Froakie," Sighed Jack. Froakie covered its eyes and sent itself back into its Pokeball.

Last edited:
"Hi! I am Poppy! This is Chespin!"
"CHE- CHESPIN!" Chespin ran around to the back of the counter. She leapt into the arms of one of the waiters. Poppy turned around. Her eyes widen and she starts blubbering. She runs into the arms of the man that chespin had jumped into. "DADDY!" she cried.

"Uh-what?" Jack said, wondering what was happening. To Froakie's dismay, Jack realeased it in case any trouble arose. Froakie hopped around angrily and went into a Kung-Fu stance.

Poppy turned around, "No don't hurt him, please! He is my Father! He is part of team Flare and I haven't seen him in 5 years! Please...." she begged.

"Team WHAT?!?" exclaimed Jax as he jumped up, slammed his chair in, and faced the evil man whose organization killed his parents. "You have A LOT to answer for, you evil psycho! You and your little red-head club killed my parents, and now you're gonna pay! Fennekin, use Ember on him now!"

Jack suddenly realized where he had heard the name "Lysandre" before. Team Flare! The notorious group that stole Pokemon for their own evil purposes to make everything "perfect". Now that Jack remembered, he now knew that Lysandre was the mastermind and boss of the whole team. Jack joined Jax's side. "Froakie, use Bubble!"

Poppy broke down on the floor. She had tears running down her face. "Please...." she said weakly "Chespin! Protect him!" Chespin jumped in front of both of the attacks and was sent flying. He got up and used pin missile aiming at them both. Poppys dad (whose name is Xavier)pulled out a pokeball.
"Go Houndoom! Use Shadow Ball!" the Houndoom opened it's mouth and sent 3 shadow balls out.

"Froakie-quick! Dodge it!" The training Jack had with Froakie was paying off. Froakie was very fast and dodged the shadow balls. Froakie then did something unexpected. A whole bunch of Froakies appeared all at once. Froakie must have learned Double Team, Jack thought. "Now Froakie, use Bubble again!" commanded Jack, seeing if a combo of the two moves might turn out to be a good play.

Name: Amber
Personality: observant, quiet, mysterious, friendly, smart
Origin/Backstory: Was originally born in Johto, but moved over to Kalos for an unknown reason. She has been to Alola before however.

Amber decided to run away from the area she was hiding at to help them. Amber released her Cynaquil from it's Pokeball. "Quick Cyna, use Ember on that Houndoom!" Cyndquil obeyed and released a powerful ember towards the Houndoom.

From the corner of his eye, Jack noticed another trainer approach with her Cyndaquil. She must have wanted to help, because she told it to use Ember on the Houndoom. Jack smiled at her and waved at her to come closer, so they could all battle together; with Jax, Jack, and...."Uh...what's your name?" Jack asked.

Amber noticed a boy calling her name. She asked her Cyndaquil to come back on her shoulders. "Hi, my name's Amber! What's yours?"

"STOP!" poppy yelled. She got up and wiped away her tears. She walked up to Jax and poked him in the chest hard. "YOU DIDN'T LIKE IT WHEN YOUR PARENTS GOT KILLED! SO WHY ARE YOU TRYINg TO Kill MY DAD? YOU CAN TAKE OUT TEAm FLARE AND I WILL HELP, BUT LEAVE MY DAD ALONE!" she screamed at him.

"Your dad is a part of an evil organization that HURTS Pokemon and people and anything they CAN for their 'greater good', their 'world without sin', so how about YOU get out of this fantasy dream that your dad is a good guy?!? This goes beyond me, beyond my parents..... I'm fighting for all of Kalos! You either stand with me.... or against me!" he exclaimed.

"I hate you..." she turned around and looked at her dad. "I'm sorry." she whispered to him. "Chespin use Pin Missile on Houndoom!" she yelled. The pin missile hit the Houndoom. It flipped and landed on its feet. It used Fire Fang on them all.

"WHA?!?" gasped Jax as his Fennekin, Jack's Froakie, and Amber's Chespin were knocked back after being attacked. "Well, then..." muttered Jax. "Fennekin, full power FLAMETHROWR! NOW!"